What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

You're both scaring me:o:! Try this instead:

How much Swedish do you understand btw? How does it compare to Danish from your perspective?

I ask these questions to every Scandinavian I meet, they have some interesting descriptions of the other neighbours languages hehe.

The song you posted gives me a bit of a viking and tolkien vibe...sounds really cool!

I love this Swedish band:

@The Sandman

How much Swedish do you understand btw? How does it compare to Danish from your perspective?

I ask these questions to every Scandinavian I meet, they have some interesting descriptions of the other neighbours languages hehe.

I'm fluent in Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Swedish and have a commanding grasp on Polish. Danish might as well be Mandarin Chinese. Spoken as if you've a potato jammed down your throat, and with different words and sentence structure compared to Swedish and Norwegian which are mutually intelligible.

I can recognize some Danish, mostly military words, but am no where near fluent.

I love this Swedish band:

Sabaton is great!! I listen to either Ghost Division or Night Witches a minimum of once per car trip:

I'm fluent in Norwegian, English, Icelandic, and Swedish and have a commanding grasp on Polish. Danish might as well be Mandarin Chinese. Spoken as if you've a potato jammed down your throat, and with different words and sentence structure compared to Swedish and Norwegian which are mutually intelligible.

I can recognize some Danish, mostly military words, but am no where near fluent.

Sabaton is great!! I listen to either Ghost Division or Night Witches a minimum of once per car trip:

Its a weird mutual intelligibility triangle you lot have hehe.

Ive had a good Swedish friend describe Danish exactly the way you just did..haha

A Danish friend of mine says he can barely understand Swedish sometimes and they sound like they are drunk. To him Norwegians are easier to understand but sound like they are always in lullaby/singing mode or something.

Yeah ghost division what a great song that is! We are the panzer elite, born to compete....never retreeeat! I think I posted it somewhere in the Wehrmacht thread heh.

Not for me, this minimal music.

To describe Philp Glass's work, I would quote Mozart from Amadeus.

The rest is just the same, Isn't it? It doesn't really work, does it?

:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom