What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Let's hope that at least the cleavage attracts our thread visitors if the name Mozart cannot.

lol....all the wrong reasons to enjoy such a divine piece of music hehe. You know this one was inspired by the works of the baroque greats like Bach and Handel?

Mozarts wife sang for a portion of it as well at its premier.

No other piece of music quite captures Salzburg like this one!

lol....all the wrong reasons to enjoy such a divine piece of music hehe. You know this one was inspired by the works of the baroque greats like Bach and Handel?

Mozarts wife sang for a portion of it as well at its premier.

No other piece of music quite captures Salzburg like this one!
Truly! Seems about right. Something like that did come to my mind the first time I listened to it. Not because of Bach's affinity for everything holy but because of some phrase which I cannot recall at the moment.

By the way, I had a great idea about a novel set in the Baroque era. The subsequent ideas that followed, which would truly make it a delight to read (and write), literally made me squeak with excitement. Our hero is also going to chance upon Bach himself on one of his adventures. It gives me goosebumps now that I recall the idea I have for their meeting and by mentioning it to you.

@Joe Shearer

Truly! Seems about right. Something like that did come to my mind the first time I listened to it. Not because of Bach's affinity for everything holy but because of some phrase which I cannot recall at the moment.

By the way, I had a great idea about a novel set in the Baroque era. The subsequent ideas that followed, which would truly make it a delight to read (and write), literally made me squeak with excitement. Our hero is also going to chance upon Bach himself on one of his adventures. It gives me goosebumps now that I recall the idea I have for their meeting and by mentioning it to you.

@Joe Shearer

The great writing at that time period was in Spain in my opinion....this torch was passed to them from England (Shakespeare) at the start of the 17th century....and boy what did they write...especially Cervantes!

They would then pass it to the Germans (18th century) esp under Goethe, which is the all time pinnacle of literature set to music....the pinnacles of pinnacles being Beethovens count egmont overture:

full set here:

Literature torch would then be passed to the French in the 19th century (of which I can write too much it will bore...but two words: Hugo, Dumas)....but the literature-based pinnacle of classical music would never be reached again in such sustained fashion like that under Goethe during his life and beyond (Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms. Wagner, Schubert, Mendelsohn, Mahler and many many more)!

@Vergennes

The great writing at that time period was in Spain in my opinion....this torch was passed to them from England (Shakespeare) at the start of the 17th century....and boy what did they write...especially Cervantes!

They would then pass it to the Germans (18th century) esp under Goethe, which is the all time pinnacle of literature set to music....the pinnacles of pinnacles being Beethovens count egmont overture:

full set here:

Literature torch would then be passed to the French in the 19th century (of which I can write too much it will bore...but two words: Hugo, Dumas)....but the literature-based pinnacle of classical music would never be reached again in such sustained fashion like that under Goethe during his life and beyond (Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms. Wagner, Schubert, Mendelsohn, Mahler and many many more)!

@Vergennes
Passed on to the Spanish by the Arabs/Moors, I believe. The Arabs had a culture of storytelling. And thus this torch was passed on from Asia to Europe.

Passed on to the Spanish by the Arabs/Moors, I believe. The Arabs had a culture of storytelling. And thus this torch was passed on from Asia to Europe.

Partially, the rest is probably because it coincided with Spain's golden age of massive wealth and also military power (final consolidation from the age of exploration/colonisation), trade and world reach.

It also declined quite drastically as the things propping up this golden age (namely wealth and colonial power) eroded and then eventually disappeared....all ignited namely by Napoleon invasion of Spain....but also by some notable decline in the Bourbon dynasty before that even.

Thanks for the tag.
I like the 2nd song, though I could not understand one bit of Pashto that was being sung. But great music. :-) :tup:

Thanks for loving the music.
And
Don't worry. you are not the only one who don't understand Pashto still Love pashto music . it's the story of every Pakistani citizen.

Thanks for loving the music.
And
Don't worry. you are not the only one who don't understand Pashto still Love pashto music . it's the story of every Pakistani citizen.

IMG_4895.JPG

Back
Top Bottom