What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

I love Ghazal and Qawali. :P Local folk songs too.

So no rock n roll or rock? :( (I am a big fan of both though selective about it).

BTW what do you think of ragtime genre by scott joplin?

(I am sure you have heard his more famous "The Entertainer")

My favourite black composer of all time! The archetypal "saloon" music.

So no rock n roll or rock? :( (I am a big fan of both though selective about it).

BTW what do you think of ragtime genre by scott joplin?

(I am sure you have heard his more famous "The Entertainer")

My favourite black composer of all time! The archetypal "saloon" music.
Haven't developed the taste, I'm afraid. Too much of an old soul. If I had my way, I would walk around in dinner jackets with a fedora on my head and a walking stick in my hand. :lol: Alternatively a Pakol and a wool chaadar over regular shalwar kameez. So you can imagine the rest.

Never heard of that genre. :(

What about you? Do you like Hindustani Classical?

Haven't developed the taste, I'm afraid. Too much of an old soul. If I had my way, I would walk around in dinner jackets with a fedora on my head and a walking stick in my hand. :lol: Alternatively a Pakol and a wool chaadar over regular shalwar kameez. So you can imagine the rest.

Never heard of that genre. :(

What about you? Do you like Hindustani Classical?

Yup Hindustani, but even more than that Carnatic music. Rich tradition of it in my family....my mom trained her singing as a young girl under a well known "vadyar" as its known in the south.

If you haven't heard of the genre ragtime you must have at least heard this tune somewhere (its the most famous one):

A clean crisp tune. Joplins most famous one. Joplin himself took much inspiration from the classical composers like Mozart (little known fact).

The Sting was a great movie too.

Yup Hindustani, but even more than that Carnatic music. Rich tradition of it in my family....my mom trained her singing as a young girl under a well known "vadyar" as its known in the south.

If you haven't heard of the genre ragtime you must have at least heard this tune somewhere (its the most famous one):

A clean crisp tune. Joplins most famous one. Joplin himself took much inspiration from the classical composers like Mozart (little known fact).

I haven't but I like it. I haven't watched too many movies. I'm more into tv series.

So you fish? I would love to do that but I don't know how to.

I haven't but I like it. I haven't watched too many movies. I'm more into tv series.

So you fish? I would love to do that but I don't know how to.

Do you have a river/lake nearby? You basically need a fishing rod and cpl basic tackle and you are good to go....after checking is there any local rules/permits etc.

Of course you will need to learn how to use the rod, tie line knots and how to unhook a fish... so having a friend that knows how to do it with you....is ideal.

Do you have a river/lake nearby? You basically need a fishing rod and cpl basic tackle and you are good to go....after checking is there any local rules/permits etc.

Of course you will need to learn how to use the rod, tie line knots and how to unhook a fish... so having a friend that knows how to do it with you....is ideal.
That's the problem. No one my age knows how to fish. We have dams nearby where they have plenty of fish but not my idea of a fishing spot. I'd probably drive up to river Kunhar, (Balakot-three hours drive) enjoy the scenery and try to catch some trout. Listen to music while I'm at it.

That's the problem. No one my age knows how to fish. We have dams nearby where they have plenty of fish but not my idea of a fishing spot. I'd probably drive up to river Kunhar, (Balakot-three hours drive) enjoy the scenery and try to catch some trout. Listen to music while I'm at it.

I'd advise against the music at least starting out....since you need to be mindful of the surroundings etc and also its one less thing to go wrong when you are reeling in a fish.

What kind of trout is there in Pakistan (brown, rainbow etc...)? Is it natural species or introduced?

I'd advise against the music at least starting out....since you need to be mindful of the surroundings etc and also its one less thing to go wrong when you are reeling in a fish.

What kind of trout is there in Pakistan (brown, rainbow etc...)? Is it natural species or introduced?
I think the rainbow trout was introduced but snow trout is local. Not sure though.

@Nilgiri @The Sandman @Zibago @Kaptaan

Bhai that is one of my all-time fav movies.

Petula Clark I love her "downtown". Django it's amazing. I was young man in 1989 when I first went to Pakistan. It was a shock and I loved it. It was July. As soon as I got out of the plane I was hit by scorching hot air. The horms. The madness. It is etched in my mind. I lived with my uncle in Islamabad. I would lend me this Diahatsu Charade.

1991_Daihatsu_Charade_%28G102%29_CX_5-door_hatchback_%2822194247629%29.jpg

27 years later listening to that song brings back two moments in time. Driving with bunch of lads to Murree from Islamabad on what was smooth and windy but scenic road all the way up to Ayubia where you could see the ice and snow of the distant Nanga Parbat in July. Cruising down like crazy with Petula blasting away was thrill to relish.

And some days going to BBC to check out the plenty of girls who came out at shift time - that is British Biscuit Company. We knew a guy there who had told us where to park and where to score. Again Petula Clark was playing in the background, mixed with Sinita, Pet Shop Boys and others all recorded on those cassetes we used to have then ...

Wow. Listening to that song brought all that from 27 years back.

Petula Clark I love her "downtown". Django it's amazing. I was young man in 1989 when I first went to Pakistan. It was a shock and I loved it. It was July. As soon as I got out of the plane I was hit by scorching hot air. The horms. The madness. It is etched in my mind. I lived with my uncle in Islamabad. I would lend me this Diahatsu Charade.

1991_Daihatsu_Charade_%28G102%29_CX_5-door_hatchback_%2822194247629%29.jpg

27 years later listening to that song brings back two moments in time. Driving with bunch of lads to Murree from Islamabad on what was smooth and windy but scenic road all the way up to Ayubia where you could see the ice and snow of the distant Nanga Parbat in July. Cruising down like crazy with Petula blasting away was thrill to relish.

And some days going to BBC to check out the plenty of girls who came out at shift time - that is British Biscuit Company. We knew a guy there who had told us where to park and where to score. Again Petula Clark was playing in the background, mixed with Sinita, Pet Shop Boys and others all recorded on those cassetes we used to have then ...

Wow. Listening to that song brought all that from 27 years back.
Glad I helped in reviving those memories bhai, that must have been a hell of a drive and some wonderful scenery along the way and BBC (British Biscuit Company) hahahahahaha .I hope you scored more than some of our cricketers hahahahah.Kudos kaptaan bhai.

Back
Top Bottom