What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Its raining so heavily today that it reminds me of this song... :lol:

Last edited:
coincidentally, when i saw your rain pictures in 'whatever' i was reminded of one eternal song, so made haste to post it here :

Rim Jhim Gire Saawan - YouTube

---

@Aether @IrbiS @Zibago @django @BDforever

@Ammara Chaudhry
Most of the romantic songs have rain as their main theme.
Be it Raj Kapoor's "pyaar hua ikraar hua" , kishor kumar's "ik ladki bheegi bhaagi si" to so many recent songs.

Rain also reminds me of these songs

i absolutely love this song...

and how can one forget the mesmerizing Manisha Koirala in this

Most of the romantic songs have rain as their main theme.
Be it Raj Kapoor's "pyaar hua ikraar hua" , kishor kumar's "ik ladki bheegi bhaagi si" to so many recent songs.

it is something to be noted that even in the tropics the rains evoke poetry.

i absolutely love this song...

charming song... this was the first time i watched the song fully.

smilie suri and kunal khemu looking nice together, and rahat fateh ali khan being great, especially in the high notes when he sounds similar to his uncle.

and how can one forget the mesmerizing Manisha Koirala in this

manisha looks mesmerizing indeed... she had a shy quality to her that suited her much.

and the song sounds and looks so fresh even after 21 years.

though it is sad that r.d. burman ( the boss ) died without knowing that the music of this film would become appreciated.

here's a list of my rain songs :

1. the thunderclap in the '1942' song reminded me of 'tum jo mil gaye ho' that is a long and dramatic song that brings out the rain atmosphere so effectively :

"Tum jo mil gaye ho, to yeh lagta hai"- HANSTE ZAKHAM - YouTube

2. and then 'taal se taal mila'... the lyrics are not that good but i like the cinematography and akhsaye's expressions and the beauty of aishwarya :

Taal Se Taal Mila - Taal (HD) Full Song Video - YouTube

3. from a ash rain song to another ash rain song 'barso re' but i will present its superb performance by nithyashree in 'indian idol junior 2' :

Nithyashree Singing 'Barso Re' - Indian Idol Junior 2015 [1080p] - YouTube

4. how can i forget 'aj mera jee karda'... even with the later section of wedding situation the song is beautiful :

Aj mera jee karda - kaawa kaawa - monsoon wedding - YouTube

5. the above song had after-vid thumbnail of another energetic song 'aahun aahun' which has superb music, the very punjabi-folk-voice of master saleem, then saif who looks great as a sikh especially in the all-white dress, and the very desi-looking giselli ( who's actually brazilian ) :

Aahun Aahun | Full Video Song | Love Aaj Kal - YouTube

---

@Mentee , the previous rain song posts and this one.

Ever heard a female drummer, tabla player, violinist and pianist spin their magic? For the first time ever in the history of Pakistani music, NESCAFE Basement presents to you an all female ensemble to enchant you with the cover of John Newman's "Love Me Again"

[video]
[/video]

the below first two songs i have liked much since the first time i heard them on 'vividh bharti' fm radio service many years ago... i was 16 or 17 when i began to listen to radio - local ( fm, mostly ) and international ( short-wave ) and introduced radio to a friend too.

1. 'yaar badshah yaar dilruba' is such a old-style evocative song, slow and musical, with great rubab intervention and sensual singing by asha bhosle... the song reminds of some oasis in the sahara... the look that feroz khan gives towards the end is so tharki ( :lol: )... watch away :

C.I.D. 909 - Yaar Badshah Yaar Dilruba - YouTube

2. 'huzoor e waala' is another dance song blending flamenco style with desi movements and a female duet... you will laugh at what the song suggests towards the mid point... and zibago, again i point to the resemblance of kate upton with mumtaz :

Hazoore Wala Jo Ho Izazat-Ye Raat Phir Na Aayegi.flv - YouTube

3. one of the youtube suggestions from the above song was 'yeh khamoshiyaan yeh tanhaaiyaan'... i don't like the lyrics so much but liked the snow setting and the beautiful heroine, leela naidu, who was miss india 1954... by the way, this film 'yeh raaste hain pyar ke' is based on the real-life case of navy commander nanavati who murdered his wife's lover... it was prominent case in its day and is well-known, and a new film is being made presently starring akshay kumar and the sensual ileana d'cruz... the film's name is rustom... but back to snow and leela naidu :

Yeh Khamoshiyan Yeh Tanhaiyan - Asha, Mohd Rafi, Yeh Rastey Hain Pyar Ke Song - YouTube

---

@IrbiS @Zibago @django @Mentee @BDforever

@Aether

the below first two songs i have liked much since the first time i heard them on 'vividh bharti' fm radio service many years ago... i was 16 or 17 when i began to listen to radio - local ( fm, mostly ) and international ( short-wave ) and introduced radio to a friend too.

1. 'yaar badshah yaar dilruba' is such a old-style evocative song, slow and musical, with great rubab intervention and sensual singing by asha bhosle... the song reminds of some oasis in the sahara... the look that feroz khan gives towards the end is so tharki ( :lol: )... watch away :

C.I.D. 909 - Yaar Badshah Yaar Dilruba - YouTube

2. 'huzoor e waala' is another dance song blending flamenco style with desi movements and a female duet... you will laugh at what the song suggests towards the mid point... and zibago, again i point to the resemblance of kate upton with mumtaz :

Hazoore Wala Jo Ho Izazat-Ye Raat Phir Na Aayegi.flv - YouTube

3. one of the youtube suggestions from the above song was 'yeh khamoshiyaan yeh tanhaaiyaan'... i don't like the lyrics so much but liked the snow setting and the beautiful heroine, leela naidu, who was miss india 1954... by the way, this film 'yeh raaste hain pyar ke' is based on the real-life case of navy commander nanavati who murdered his wife's lover... it was prominent case in its day and is well-known, and a new film is being made presently starring akshay kumar and the sensual ileana d'cruz... the film's name is rustom... but back to snow and leela naidu :

Yeh Khamoshiyan Yeh Tanhaiyan - Asha, Mohd Rafi, Yeh Rastey Hain Pyar Ke Song - YouTube

---

@IrbiS @Zibago @django @Mentee @BDforever

@Aether
my favourite Rafi song

4. how can i forget 'aj mera jee karda'... even with the later section of wedding situation the song is beautiful :

Aj mera jee karda - kaawa kaawa - monsoon wedding - YouTube
I luv aj Mera Jee karda.
My colleagues tease me that I find excuses to play this song..."ki aaj Mera Jee karda"...lol

Btw I hated that movie called Taal. There used to be a freind of mine who used to be crazy about this movie and it's songs. Somehow I could never get myself to liking it.

Thanks for the songs.

Back
Top Bottom