What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

1. "yaar ko hamne ja ba-ja dekha" ( "i see my beloved in all i see" or "i see my beloved in every face" )... sung by the pakistani sufi singer, abida parveen, it was written by the long dead pre-partition indian sufi, shah niyaz ahmed, more than 180 years ago... the song was also used in the ost of the pakistani serial "shehr e zaat"[1]... most of this info was given to me by @Squashh and @Raja.Pakistani in this[2] thread... but below is the translated song :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uN69-lXEE

2. "zihaal e miskeen makun ba-ranjish" from the indian hindi film "ghulami" ( slavery or servility )... this song has long been among my favorites... let us discuss the lyrics and to help towards this this vid[3] has the english translation... the film itself has the political message against feudalism but the film could have been made better :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiTtuwJzTQ

3. "phir tumhari yaad aayi ae sanam" ( once again i remember you, o beloved ) from the film "rustom sohrab" that was based on the old story of the same name from iran... a simple scene of soldiers reminiscing about their past and present lovers :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZWa_3mNWE

the above three songs will be of interest to our iranian members.

4. "mystery" written and sung by the british actor, hugh laurie", during his appearance on the american tv series "in the actors studio" :

www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uwlb_hugh-laurie-mystery-vostfr-2006_fun

5. "suno na" ( listen to me ) from the fine comedic/realistic hindi film "jhankaar beats"... below song is the short version and the full version you can listen here[4] :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTlgGBn7iT4

6. "aap ki yaad aati rahi raat bhar" ( your memory waded before me all night ) from the hindi film "gaman"... this song brings to me the days and nights i would listen to the "vividh bharti" fm service of "all india radio" :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlFXtzd4o38

7. "tum mujhe bhool bhi jao toh yeh haq hai tumko" ( should you desire to forget me you can, for it is your right ) :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3Z5D60XnQ

8. "tumhe yaad karte karte jayegi rayn saari" ( in your wait the night shall pass ) from the film "amrapali"... the film is based on events in a part of india of around 500 bc[5]... the song itself is beautiful in its minimal human singing and the exquisite orchestra :

http://gaana.com/song/tumhen-yaad-karte-karte

9. "maula mere maula" ( god, o sacred god ) from the hindi film "anwar"... i liked the film for its political setting about various issues in india and the love story affected by them... the song is beautiful and always attracts comments from sensible people on the internet... i especially like the last refrain in the song - "dil yahi bola, mera dil yahi bola, yara raaz hai usne mujhe hai khola, ke hai ishq mohabbat jiske dil me, usko pasand karta hai maula mera" ( my heart keeps telling me, nay, it has revealed to me, that the people with love and gentleness in them, are the ones loved by god"... listen away :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvAPcNPXVDQ

10. "chori chori jab nazaren mili" ( when our eyes stole glances ) from the film "kareeb" ( near-ness )... a fine song from a film which if i remember correctly, ends in tragedy... the heroine of the film, shabana reza ( stage name : neha ) reminds me of a lady i was in undeclared love with - seema, years ago, in a computer institute where i was a student... her female friends would tease her about me... then, i was too shy to speak to her but not shy at all in staring at her... nevetheless, the song :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H4uIuuBEzQ

---

@Zibago @django @Levina

@BDforever @Bilal9 @Nihonjin1051 @2800 @Madali

@Ammara Chaudhry

---

[1] www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoj8sf4jWlI

[2] https://defence.pk/threads/mime-through-time-pakistani-version.391806/

[3] www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAPIzPnY3HE

[4] www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5OTORz2KQ

[5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amrapali

i luv Abida Parveen.
and whoa! this was the first time I heard the B&W song.
The songs maula mere maula and chori-chori are my all time favs.

Try this

desire, longing, declaration

1. "yaar ko hamne ja ba-ja dekha" ( "i see my beloved in all i see" or "i see my beloved in every face" )... sung by the pakistani sufi singer, abida parveen, it was written by the long dead pre-partition indian sufi, shah niyaz ahmed, more than 180 years ago... the song was also used in the ost of the pakistani serial "shehr e zaat"[1]... most of this info was given to me by @Squashh and @Raja.Pakistani in this[2] thread... but below is the translated song :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=73uN69-lXEE

2. "zihaal e miskeen makun ba-ranjish" from the indian hindi film "ghulami" ( slavery or servility )... this song has long been among my favorites... let us discuss the lyrics and to help towards this this vid[3] has the english translation... the film itself has the political message against feudalism but the film could have been made better :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYiTtuwJzTQ

3. "phir tumhari yaad aayi ae sanam" ( once again i remember you, o beloved ) from the film "rustom sohrab" that was based on the old story of the same name from iran... a simple scene of soldiers reminiscing about their past and present lovers :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZWa_3mNWE

the above three songs will be of interest to our iranian members.

4. "mystery" written and sung by the british actor, hugh laurie", during his appearance on the american tv series "in the actors studio" :

www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uwlb_hugh-laurie-mystery-vostfr-2006_fun

5. "suno na" ( listen to me ) from the fine comedic/realistic hindi film "jhankaar beats"... below song is the short version and the full version you can listen here[4] :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTlgGBn7iT4

6. "aap ki yaad aati rahi raat bhar" ( your memory waded before me all night ) from the hindi film "gaman"... this song brings to me the days and nights i would listen to the "vividh bharti" fm service of "all india radio" :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlFXtzd4o38

7. "tum mujhe bhool bhi jao toh yeh haq hai tumko" ( should you desire to forget me you can, for it is your right ) :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3Z5D60XnQ

8. "tumhe yaad karte karte jayegi rayn saari" ( in your wait the night shall pass ) from the film "amrapali"... the film is based on events in a part of india of around 500 bc[5]... the song itself is beautiful in its minimal human singing and the exquisite orchestra :

http://gaana.com/song/tumhen-yaad-karte-karte

9. "maula mere maula" ( god, o sacred god ) from the hindi film "anwar"... i liked the film for its political setting about various issues in india and the love story affected by them... the song is beautiful and always attracts comments from sensible people on the internet... i especially like the last refrain in the song - "dil yahi bola, mera dil yahi bola, yara raaz hai usne mujhe hai khola, ke hai ishq mohabbat jiske dil me, usko pasand karta hai maula mera" ( my heart keeps telling me, nay, it has revealed to me, that the people with love and gentleness in them, are the ones loved by god"... listen away :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvAPcNPXVDQ

10. "chori chori jab nazaren mili" ( when our eyes stole glances ) from the film "kareeb" ( near-ness )... a fine song from a film which if i remember correctly, ends in tragedy... the heroine of the film, shabana reza ( stage name : neha ) reminds me of a lady i was in undeclared love with - seema, years ago, in a computer institute where i was a student... her female friends would tease her about me... then, i was too shy to speak to her but not shy at all in staring at her... nevetheless, the song :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H4uIuuBEzQ

---

@Zibago @django @Levina

@BDforever @Bilal9 @Nihonjin1051 @2800 @Madali

@Ammara Chaudhry

---

[1] www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoj8sf4jWlI

[2] https://defence.pk/threads/mime-through-time-pakistani-version.391806/

[3] www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAPIzPnY3HE

[4] www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf5OTORz2KQ

[5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amrapali

"Yaar ko hum ne ja baja deakha". That is my cup of tea. Obsessed with this one.
6 & 9 are great tracks as well.

@911 , i forgot to include you, a regular music correspondent, in my songs list on the previous page.

and whoa! this was the first time I heard the B&W song.

"tum mujhe..."??

yeah, the songs on vividh bharti were generally good, especially from the old times... the anchors were also good... i remember well a gentleman with a deep voice and the female presenters were cheery.

one time, the said gentleman was playing tracks on request by phone and one caller seemed a young man who asked for "woh ladka bohot yaad aata hai"... our gentlemanly anchor was of course surprised. :lol: but the catch here is that the song is a duet with the refrain being sung by the female singer as well.

beautiful... very peaceful and one hears traditional tones from britain as well... one easily imagines sitting in a high-roofed church in the afternoon and hearing that... nice.

it reminds me of one audition in the 2014 edition of "britain's got talent" - the group "collabro" ( who were the eventual winners ) :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob5UJS2WwQ8

and the next in the playlist to your posted music was "secret Garden - aquarell~ a vampire lullaby" which reminded me of another performance in 2014 "britain's got talent" - lettice rowbotham, a violinist :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqvQHYrmVC4

below is her funny audition :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZZM3bgmXE4

and "britain's got talent" 2013 edition had the audition and further performances of a "mentalist" by name aaron crow... you will be surprised by his skills... i don't want to be in opposition to him... below is the audition :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PPX3ki9Ww

"tum mujhe..."??

yeah, the songs on vividh bharti were generally good, especially from the old times... the anchors were also good... i remember well a gentleman with a deep voice and the female presenters were cheery.

one time, the said gentleman was playing tracks on request by phone and one caller seemed a young man who asked for "woh ladka bohot yaad aata hai"... our gentlemanly anchor was of course surprised. :lol: but the catch here is that the song is a duet with the refrain being sung by the female singer as well.

beautiful... very peaceful and one hears traditional tones from britain as well... one easily imagines sitting in a high-roofed church in the afternoon and hearing that... nice.

it reminds me of one audition in the 2014 edition of "britain's got talent" - the group "collabro" ( who were the eventual winners ) :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob5UJS2WwQ8

and the next in the playlist to your posted music was "secret Garden - aquarell~ a vampire lullaby" which reminded me of another performance in 2014 "britain's got talent" - lettice rowbotham, a violinist :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqvQHYrmVC4

below is her funny audition :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZZM3bgmXE4

and "britain's got talent" 2013 edition had the audition and further performances of a "mentalist" by name aaron crow... you will be surprised by his skills... i don't want to be in opposition to him... below is the audition :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PPX3ki9Ww
Lettice Rowbotham...lolzzz
But that was an excellent performance. :tup:
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom