What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

I was browsing the list of that program but couldn't identify more than 1 or 2 singers

season 2, i think has rabbi shergill, whose "bulla ki jaana main kaun" had become famous...

when ready let me know I'll share his another super cool number

ready.

by the way, is pashto connected to kashmiri??

like this one

umm, more like "pukaarta chaala hoon main"...

It's Bengali part is sung by Alamgir and Urdu part by Fareeha Pervaiz. You know Alamgir?

no, i don't know alamgir nor fareeha.

i listened to the song and frankly it was not that special. :-)

Last edited:
season 2, i think has rabbi shergill, whose "bulla ki jaana main kaun" had become famous...

ready.

by the way, is pashto connected to kashmiri??

umm, more like "pukaarta chaala hoon main"...

no, i don't know alamgir nor fareeha.

i listened to the song and frankly it was not that special. :-)

Enjoy this, will discuss other things after it

Larsha Pekhawar Ta HD, Hamayoon Khan, Coke ... - Vimeo

the rhythm is more afghani and in some places, hamayoon sounded like ataullah khan... also, the background music and rhythm make this suitable for journeys.

Pashto music is recognizable mostly no matter it's from Pakistan or Afghanistan btw this song is Pakistani even the original. It may have sounded more Afghan to you because of:
vlcsnap-2015-05-11-19h08m26s46.png

No his voice isn't like Attaullah he keep pitch lower than that of Attaullh.

The song is indeed about travel originally in female voice saying :

Go to Peshawar and bring me a black shirt with you and bring me three or four fresh flowers.

Pashto music is recognizable mostly no matter it's from Pakistan or Afghanistan btw this song is Pakistani even the original. It may have sounded more Afghan to you because of:View attachment 220482

maybe.

No his voice isn't like Attaullah he keep pitch lower than that of Attaullh.

mostly yes, but in at least one place he went high and nasal, and that reminded me of ataullah.

The song is indeed about travel originally in female voice saying :

Go to Peshawar and bring me a black shirt with you and bring me three or four fresh flowers.

i see... and that reminds me of "sar par topi", which has the shammi kapoor and the lovely ameeta...

snapshot - ameeta.jpeg

This instrument was in the previous song too

the rabaab, yes.

did you listen the long one by Attaullah

no. :ashamed:

know this one ?

:rofl:

i don't know if khaled will be impressed or amused.

but the way, when is this version from... the sports shoes and the twin-cassette stereo look very 90's.

edit : found this all-female version of "didi" ( youtube, sorry ) from following the original "didi"...

yt name is "Didi....Milk & Honey (DJ JaMeeL AhSan) ANGLE"...

Last edited:
the rabaab, yes.

no. :ashamed:

:rofl:

i don't know if khaled will be impressed or amused.

but the way, when is this version from... the sports shoes and the twin-cassette stereo look very 90's.

Even if Cheb gets angry on the music used, but lyrics are good and overall a fine copy. I think album was released in 94-95 ( I maybe off 1-2 years )

Even if Cheb gets angry on the music used, but lyrics are good and overall a fine copy.

indeed, the lyrics are good and so is the performance.

I think album was released in 94-95 ( I maybe off 1-2 years )

okay.

-------

check my previous post again... i have edited-in a all-female version... quite good.

on a dark desert day in a land far away...... know it and good one

you are good !!!

the arab-looking lady is beautiful with such shy expressions ( and not-so-shy dance :D ).

@fakhre mirpur check her out in the last vid i posted ( yt ).

by the way, pdf server is going off and on.

you are good !!!

the arab-looking lady is beautiful with such shy expressions ( and not-so-shy dance :D ).

@fakhre mirpur check her out in the last vid i posted ( yt ).

by the way, pdf server is going off and on.

Western girl got good voice.

pdf is running smooth.

wanna try Larsha Pekhawar Ta old? if yes then on 1 condition that no comments on the vdo

Western girl got good voice.

she has, yes... both are very good.

i found another yt vid on them where they try on cover-alls and they speak german... where are they from??

pdf is running smooth.

i got "database error" two or three times.

wanna try Larsha Pekhawar Ta old? if yes then on 1 condition that no comments on the vdo

please post... i won't comment snidely... hands-off. :D

she has, yes... both are very good.

i found another yt vid on them where they try on cover-alls and they speak german... where are they from??

i got "database error" two or three times.

please post... i won't comment snidely... hands-off. :D

Here it comes

Donno about them except didi and other one with 'Best Arab Song(Milk And Honey)' title on youtube

Here it comes

i think i have heard this tune.

anyway, this version sounds longing and hopeful, which is how the lyrics are supposed to take it, yes??

one thing that shouldn't have been there is the wind instrument.

Back
Top Bottom