What's new

Website inaccessable most of the time

yaar webpages from here changing addresses at random.

Agreed.

1) Most of us arent willing to post our IPs.
(If it happens from one, the site is down even from other IP)

2) Posts lost.
Like most say, you write a long reply with several pictures, videos and URLs, and what you see next is NETWORK ERROR. :angry:

3) Hackers.
Mot of us believe its work of hackers trying to attempt shut down of servers (even I know how to do it, hence am telling it).

Expecting reply soon.

Agreed.

1) Most of us arent willing to post our IPs.
(If it happens from one, the site is down even from other IP)

2) Posts lost.
Like most say, you write a long reply with several pictures, videos and URLs, and what you see next is NETWORK ERROR. :angry:

3) Hackers.
Mot of us believe its work of hackers trying to attempt shut down of servers (even I know how to do it, hence am telling it).

Expecting reply soon.

yup cant post IP here. But its safe to email webmaster your IP.I use linux ubuntu and just before the problem starts it asks me to save some .php file
that is if i am posting.
postings fail because the thread has jumped to another address while you were writing your comment.

It all happened after May 1st upgrade. I think the patch installed has a issue maybe memory leak. What is suprising is no once addressed this for so long. Very unprofessional.

Happens to me too, specially happens when I take too long to finish a post. And then it stops working for about an hour or two. If I use a proxy it starts working fine.

I have noticed when this problem occurs, as soon as I hit the post button, some weird web address comes up in the address bar, something along the lines of www.defence.pk/3nj23bedjbwjbdaasdhdbchdbdhdededdcoij, and then it just stops working.

Same problem with work and home IP, so I doubt its IP specific.

Same problem here. Whenever when I try to post by clicking the reply button (taking some to write) it goes off and I try for next 10 mins and then give up. This is happening lately. Reasons

1) Load Balancer not distributing the load properly. It may be a software LB or Hardware LB.

2) Each of our request (for posting) goes through load balancer and then to a server in the cluster through a port and our post (while replying) goes in the same port. If the port is not available at the time of our reply we can get this kind of error. When we clear cache and start a new session, we will get connected through a new port.

3) Limit on the number of clients that can be connected in a given time. When we click "Reply to Thread" we may be within the limit. While composing a long reply, a timeout might have occurred and our session might have been terminated. (In the new release in May they may have reduced the time out period). Without knowing that we have lost our session, we try to post ("Save") using a old session and we get the error. When we clear cache, we get a new session. (Actually we should get a "session Expired " message)

4) Actually I am testing this now, by typing this long reply (copied), will see how it goes

Please ignore, it you think its too technical. Just thought of sharing.

OK, it worked, I was not kicked out.

hope webby will diagnose but most probably its no.2 . port issues.
I noticed web address changes of same pages before and after i clear the cache. Is that normal?

hope webby will diagnose but most probably its no.2 . port issues.
I noticed web address changes of same pages before and after i clear the cache. Is that normal?

No it should not change for a same page. The URL we are navigating now is http://www.defence.pk/forums/suggestions-discussions/112403-website-inaccessable-most-time-3.html. if we go to the previous page the end of the URL should be -2.html. That's it. For "post Quick Reply" The URL should not change, for "Go Advanced" it will be different. so there might be a problem in Cache management by the server as I have seen this problem happening only for "post Quick Reply". Have anybody faced the same issue when they clicke "Go Advanced"

We have fixed the issue for a limited time, but we cannot help those who will be unable to provide their IP address (from which they are having problem). Understand that IP address change often. So when it happens. Find out your IP address through (What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address)

You can provide your IP through many ways.

1) Post here
2) Personal Message
3) Post on my wall
4) Email webmaster@defence.pk

Site down for me, I m currently logged in using proxy site to post here. It was working fine just 2-3hrs ago. What caused this? Is it temporary or do I have to provide IP address to resolve this?

Site down for me, I m currently logged in using proxy site to post here. It was working fine just 2-3hrs ago. What caused this? Is it temporary or do I have to provide IP address to resolve this?

Send Webmaster your IP as he mentioned earlier. I did yesterday, works like a charm since then.

Problem here as well. Sometimes, I have to route through an anonymous IP to enter the web site. is there any restriction on access based on IP?

Problem here as well. Sometimes, I have to route through an anonymous IP to enter the web site. is there any restriction on access based on IP?

Yes, which IP you are having problem with? You can PM me and i will try to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom