What's new

We want to solve all disputes with Pakistan: General V K Singh

pakistan completely blocks india's land routes to central asia and europe, that means trade and oil has to come through pakistan.

now if india wants to grow into the super power it has wet dreams about it needs to be on good enough terms with pakistan to meets its demands.

Yeah I'm sorry to burst your little bubble here but India also has sea routes through which the vast majority of world trade is carried out anyway.

Firstly stop posting as if it is an established fact that he's a retarded nut job.
My convo is directed towards the one who pointed this fact out. He also claimed that he knows the COAS personally, anywaz, you can feel free to ignore my posts.
Especially considering he himself is stating he wants peace. You would rather believe ONE person that that he has negative views about pakistan? and now he's an extremist nut job?
i would rather believe his previous statements as they atleast were in symphony (all of them were talking of war), this one seems to shy out a bit. BTW, it was certain questions and concerns by your fellow countrymen that made my extrapolation of the indian COAS' character a bit lengthy, otherwise in my sincere effort was to limit it down.

As for his comments on being prepared for a two front war, what was so provocative?
If i reminisce correctly it was Pakistan that was fighting for its survival since its inception, i dont know why we didnt shoot out provocative statements back then. Also, it was Pakistan that was under constant threat of aggression from india, it is indeed heartening to know that the game is still the same but the sides have changed :) And oh yes i have explained about this 2 front thing being provocative in post # 185 and that thread dedicated to this particular news, please search it out.

Does India not have two very powerful, very hostile neighbours?
Wrong!

There are two neighbors who have a common enemy.

who continue to aid eachother and build relations every day?
And now this would become a crime?

i dont how can india claim to be a hero by assisting Afghanistan? :undecided:

Is it wrong to be prepared for the eventuality that a conflict might break out with both of them simultaneously? You think he WANTS to buy fighters and tanks by the hundreds? No, he HAS to.
Being prepared and keeping ones beak shut are two different things, believe me. As i said earlier, please go to the thread related to 2 front war, we can discuss this there to death, not here.

Furthermore, based on that ONE persons views about ONE other person you now assume that the entire Indian military top brass is filled with extremist nut jobs? If that were true they had more than an excuse to not exercise restraint after 26/11. Especially considering the kind of provocative steatements your government passed. That should be more than enough to prove to you that the civilian government is in charge in these parts, something I cannot say with all honesty about your country. That should also answer your doubts about the safety of our nukes.
O yaar aik he baat aik he post mai 10 dafa bol di hai aapnay, bus kar bhai!

Arent you reading any of my posts?

PS: The shiv sena is by no means a terrorist organization. When was the last time you saw them blow people up? All they do is get forms printed in marathi and burn valentines day cards. Trust me if you use them as a bench mark for terrorists you will see terrorist organizations at every street corner in Pakistan
Just because they are not declared terrorists doesnt mean they arernt one. Maybe we need to have a relook at the word'd definition.

Give me one single link of an Indian nuke facility losing Uranium? And I'm a physics grad btw. If you think Uranium is enough to produce a bomb then thats like saying 'he stole one baloon ful of hydrogen! thats enough for an H-bomb strong enough to blow up Seattle!'
And as for Col Purohit, he's an asshole agreed.
i can see that you are new on the forum. Please do some search and you'll find your answer, BTW, you being a physicist must have heard of a thing known as Dirt Bomb, anywaz i dont want to get into this discussion, i had my days replying these questions a few years back, would strongly suggest you do the kasht to finding them.

But last I heard your military was behind radios coordinating an attack that killed 160 civilians in mumbai.
Last i heard, you govt and everybody else failed to prove this accusation.

BTW, i though you people gave our intelligence agencies more credit than they deserve, then what went wrong this time? They cant be that dumb that would have been radioing instruction across the border, believe me being a military guy myself i can assure you that's not only absurd, but lame too. But wasnt those guys being handled through cell phones? Where did the radios come in?

Is there something which Central Asia can offer, which the of rest of the world can not or is there some thing which is only transportable by land and not by sea?

sure, you can use a space rocket if you want, but its a less efficient and more expensive route.

things would be so much easier for india if they had a direct route.

pakistan completely blocks india's land routes to central asia and europe, that means trade and oil has to come through pakistan.

now if india wants to grow into the super power it has wet dreams about it needs to be on good enough terms with pakistan to meets its demands.

china also supplies their goods to usa and also to whole world not through pakistan............
so india is not usa to whom u will say to cut supply..

india also can stop water supply to pakistan:azn:

sure, you can use a space rocket if you want, but its a less efficient and more expensive route.

things would be so much easier for india if they had a direct route.

Sometimes short term profits need to be forgone in the larger interest of the nation...but interesting part both direct land rote and sea route are going to cost the same in long term(20-25 yrs), due to absence of transit fees present in land route.

Sometimes short term profits need to be forgone in the larger interest of the nation...but interesting part both direct land rote and sea route are going to cost the same in long term(20-25 yrs), due to absence of transit fees present in land route.

i believe india would prefer the immediate benefit of a land route, in an ideal world.

Pakistan exporters would benefit in trade with India due to it's huge market

Pakistan exporters would benefit in trade with India due to it's huge market

They know it, but its GOP insistence to not extend the MFN status to India, as India has already done.

Pakistani traders are buying Indian goods through UAE at higher price...

It's all politics, granting MFN would not be easy for the current zardari goverment when it's the Pakistani army who holds the real power. Im not even sure of the point of these talks apart from some photo opportunities for the media and make US happy.

It's all politics, granting MFN would not be easy for the current zardari goverment when it's the Pakistani army who holds the real power.

If GOP can decide RD's fate, which is crucial factor right here, knowing people of Pakistan behave after favouring killer of Taseer and showering rose petals to complete the ironical instances and deepen the wounds of his family.

No wonder then...

I read the discussion on this thread and very disappointed that xeric is debating so long with incorrect facts.
1) He is blaming Gen Malik for what Gen Kapoor said. (It is like blaming OBAMA for Bush)
2) He is getting the context completely wrong.
This is what the Gen said.
"Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor on Saturday said the likelihood of a limited war "under a nuclear overhang" was a reality in the Indian sub-continent."
He was responding to a journalist asking a question, if a war is possible between two nuclear neighbors.
Now I just clarified it, you can also check the video on youtube, but the way debates are conducted here, people rarely care to find facts but keep sticking to what they know.

Let's try to have the right level of debate, just because we are enemy nation does not mean we should not try to find the truth.

i defected coz u people have defecated all over PDF coz of my flag.

then why did you beg over and over again to be let back on the site called indian defense forum?

In all honesty , you are disrespecting even this place. You act one way here and I know people here have no clue that you begged the admins to let you back on the that site and promised to behave and to make up you post anti pakistan news there. I hope the admins here realize that you are all about you. you hustle people here one way and hustle people there another way. You are not a principled person.

What I don't get is- even news of an indian general saying- aint interested in a war with pakistan, gets a " Oh no , he did not say that" from Pakistani posters.

begs to ask- war for what? what do you think you have that India wants? your past wars started over Kashmir. But where is Pakistan's Kashmir that India wants and will go to war over? there aint any ....i.e.you see any land you own in Pakistan that India wants enough to go to war over?

Many ( not all) Indians here post in conciliatory manner, talk about doing business with pakistan, but where are the heroes in pakistan that stand up and say - stop this garbage, lets work with India on things we can get done?

Yes I have seen Indian talking peace yet to meet a Pakistani saying same.

How about instead of complaining on petty issues you praise us (a little) on our efforts against terrorism? How about india could have given a statement something like (referring to mumbai attacks); 'These cowardly acts will not jeopardize the peace process between india and Pakistan' or 'We stand with Pakistan in their fight against terrorism and such attacks will not shake our resolve against terrorism' etc etc. Just imagine what face these buggers would have been left with after such statements by india? It would have been an epic face-palm to these terrorists had india played a bit sane, especially if we keep the fact that the mumbai attacks were aimed at bringing war on our (indo-Pak) borders.

i know the testesterones levels would shoot now, but then it's a general phenomenon on your side, whom am i to complain.

Seriously? SO you want to reward us with bullets while we reward you with dialogue? And that too when we are in a position of strength?

May be you didn't get it. WE BELIEVE YOUR AGENCIES OR SOME ELEMENTS INSIDE THEM WERE INVOLVED IN 26/11.

Now what's left to talk about? You want the victim's family to talk to the murderer/ supposed murderer? Sorry but we won't work that way. NO.

You want to talk, end the violence or else no need to talk.

We can't and won't talk with a gun pointed at our heads heads.

Oh and when it comes to showing appreciation to whatever hypothetical action Pakistan claims to have taken against terrorists, let me put it very bluntly.

You are a victim of your own policies. That's your problem but why should we die as a result of your policies?

We are not victims of our policies. We are victims of Pakistan's policies. What appreciation you want us to show you and why? For taking months to accept that Kasab is a Pakistani? For retracting your proposal to send Shuja Pasha?

Let me put it this way. Why did YOU not send Shuja Pasha to India if you were that serious about peace with India? That would have been the biggest 'face-palm' in the face of the terrorists.

There's nothing to talk about when people like Hafiz Sayeed are roaming around queering the pitch and even if there is, it is going to be cosmetic and nothing more than that. Take it from me.

Back
Top Bottom