What's new

We really need to legalize marijuana...

شاہد چرسی

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Granted that it is not our main priority as Pakistan does indeed have genuine problems but consider this:

Cannabis is part of Pakistani culture and it was probably discovered in what is now the region of Pakistan.

The only reason cannabis is illegal is because of pressure from the US.

Cannabis is not bad for you (smoking is bad but you don't have to smoke it)

Cannabis is 100% halal as long as it does not have any harmful adulterants like "mehendi" or opium.

Cannabis will generate a hell of a lot of legit money for Pakistan if it is legalized.

I know the laws against cannabis are not enforced in Pakistan but it should be completely legal.

It is our way of life just like white people's culture is alcohol, our culture is bhang, chars and garda.

Never knew it was illegal. Cannibis is better than Tobacco.

I've never used it and never plan to, but I agree that Pakistan should legalize it, it's a major money maker! This is just for Colorado:

2.8 Million Pot Munchies and Other Numbers From Colorado's First Year of Retail Weed

Colorado’s grand marijuana-retail experiment resulted in almost 20 tons of pot sold to recreational users in 2014.

It was the first year of legal recreational sales in the state, thus the first time a statewide retail market for marijuana could be quantified. Before Colorado, no government in the U.S. had ever allowed retail sales. The state had previously allowed medical pot, which has low taxes but requires a doctor’s note. Recreational marijuana sales, which became legal in January 2014, opened the doors to any buyer age 21 and over. Retail sales carry a heavy tax burden. Colorado collected $63 million in tax revenue and an additional $13 million in licenses and fees on $699 million of combined medical and recreational pot sales in 2014.

To track and enforce the market—and to collect those lucrative taxes—Colorado required all growers and sellers to trace their product from seed to sale with canary-yellow RFID tags. A new report from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (PDF) provides the first glimpse of that data over a full year. The increasing market for recreational pot both complements and at times surpasses the state’s medical sales:

-1x-1.png

Growers weren’t allowed to cultivate plants exclusively for recreational use until January 2014. The expansion of the recreational pot supply has been explosive ever since, with about eight times more plants under cultivation at the end of 2014 than had been growing in January. Medical providers are still planting their supply at a steady pace, too, in a sign that retail pot hasn’t dramatically reduced the medical market. Last year, according to analysis by the Washington Post, medical sales in Colorado exceeded recreational sales by $75 million.

The data don’t show whether the medical dispensaries are serving the same customers or if some of the medical customers have shifted to recreational sellers. Regulators had hoped buyers on the black market and “patients” without true medical needs would become retail customers. The new rules tried to make retail sales so easy that recreational users wouldn’t obtain medical cards to evade the extra taxes. The stability of the medical market in Colorado has implications for other places, such as Washington state, where medical dispensaries have been resisting regulation, saying it would drive them out of business.

-1x-1.png

Instead of eroding medical sales, the recreational stores expanded the overall size of the legal market. By the end of the year, retail pot made up about a third of the market. In December, retail customers bought 4,949 pounds of bud, compared with 8,799 pounds of medical flower. All told, retailers sold almost 40,000 pounds of pot in 2014.

-1x-2.png

One market where retail stores have dominated medical dispensaries is the sale of marijuana-infused edible products, which include gummy bears, tapenade—and, yes, brownies. Sales of foods made with marijuana helped retail sales of edibles surpass those at medical dispensaries by April. By the end of 2014 the edible retail market had swollen to twice the size of the longer-established medical side of the business. It was, in fact, a busy Christmas shopping season for edible-pot vendors: December saw almost 360,000 marijuana-infused items sold across the state, making it the single busiest month of the year. Colorado says the trend “suggests that retail marijuana products are a viable product for retail consumers.” The report also notes that across almost 4,000 tests, more than 98 percent of the edibles complied with the limits on how potent they can be.

-1x-1.png

Even though the state legalized sales, cities in Colorado can still ban both medical and recreational pot. While some of the state’s large population centers, including Denver and Fort Collins, allow both types of sales, more than three-quarters of localities ban recreational marijuana—a reminder of just how young this market still is.

Numbers From Colorado’s First Year of Legal Pot - Bloomberg Business

I've never used it and never plan to, but I agree that Pakistan should legalize it, it's a major money maker! This is just for Colorado:

2.8 Million Pot Munchies and Other Numbers From Colorado's First Year of Retail Weed

Colorado’s grand marijuana-retail experiment resulted in almost 20 tons of pot sold to recreational users in 2014.

It was the first year of legal recreational sales in the state, thus the first time a statewide retail market for marijuana could be quantified. Before Colorado, no government in the U.S. had ever allowed retail sales. The state had previously allowed medical pot, which has low taxes but requires a doctor’s note. Recreational marijuana sales, which became legal in January 2014, opened the doors to any buyer age 21 and over. Retail sales carry a heavy tax burden. Colorado collected $63 million in tax revenue and an additional $13 million in licenses and fees on $699 million of combined medical and recreational pot sales in 2014.

To track and enforce the market—and to collect those lucrative taxes—Colorado required all growers and sellers to trace their product from seed to sale with canary-yellow RFID tags. A new report from the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division (PDF) provides the first glimpse of that data over a full year. The increasing market for recreational pot both complements and at times surpasses the state’s medical sales:

View attachment 199278

Growers weren’t allowed to cultivate plants exclusively for recreational use until January 2014. The expansion of the recreational pot supply has been explosive ever since, with about eight times more plants under cultivation at the end of 2014 than had been growing in January. Medical providers are still planting their supply at a steady pace, too, in a sign that retail pot hasn’t dramatically reduced the medical market. Last year, according to analysis by the Washington Post, medical sales in Colorado exceeded recreational sales by $75 million.

The data don’t show whether the medical dispensaries are serving the same customers or if some of the medical customers have shifted to recreational sellers. Regulators had hoped buyers on the black market and “patients” without true medical needs would become retail customers. The new rules tried to make retail sales so easy that recreational users wouldn’t obtain medical cards to evade the extra taxes. The stability of the medical market in Colorado has implications for other places, such as Washington state, where medical dispensaries have been resisting regulation, saying it would drive them out of business.

View attachment 199279

Instead of eroding medical sales, the recreational stores expanded the overall size of the legal market. By the end of the year, retail pot made up about a third of the market. In December, retail customers bought 4,949 pounds of bud, compared with 8,799 pounds of medical flower. All told, retailers sold almost 40,000 pounds of pot in 2014.

View attachment 199280

One market where retail stores have dominated medical dispensaries is the sale of marijuana-infused edible products, which include gummy bears, tapenade—and, yes, brownies. Sales of foods made with marijuana helped retail sales of edibles surpass those at medical dispensaries by April. By the end of 2014 the edible retail market had swollen to twice the size of the longer-established medical side of the business. It was, in fact, a busy Christmas shopping season for edible-pot vendors: December saw almost 360,000 marijuana-infused items sold across the state, making it the single busiest month of the year. Colorado says the trend “suggests that retail marijuana products are a viable product for retail consumers.” The report also notes that across almost 4,000 tests, more than 98 percent of the edibles complied with the limits on how potent they can be.

View attachment 199281

Even though the state legalized sales, cities in Colorado can still ban both medical and recreational pot. While some of the state’s large population centers, including Denver and Fort Collins, allow both types of sales, more than three-quarters of localities ban recreational marijuana—a reminder of just how young this market still is.

Numbers From Colorado’s First Year of Legal Pot - Bloomberg Business

Marijuana literally grows like a weed in Pakistan. Many farmers cut acres of it because for them it is a nuisance. Plus Pakistanis prefer hash anyways. Americans and other westerner potheads would consider Pakistan as heaven or candyland.

@SvenSvensonov

You and i need to drink some freshly made Pakistani Bhang, then i'll ask you how you really feel. Its part of our culture, it grows naturally like a weed. :D

Never knew it was illegal. Cannibis is better than Tobacco.

Its technically illegal but even if you smoke in front of a policeman, its unlikely he will say anything to you.

That's why I'm saying we should just make it legal. Practically everyone in Pakistan uses it.

Marijuana literally grows like a weed in Pakistan. Many farmers cut acres of it because for them it is a nuisance. Plus Pakistanis prefer hash anyways. Americans and other westerner potheads would consider Pakistan as heaven or candyland.

Inshallah when I go to Pakistan in future to settle down I will grow it both indoors and outdoors.

In Pakistan currently you can get a kilo of hash for £500.

This is what potheads smoke:

cannabis.jpg

This is what Pakistanis smoke which I think is a condensed form:

pakistan-hash-karimjee-5-2222013.jpg

I know how to make it.

1) Get the plant you showed in first picture.

2) Grind it up and shake it to get the crystals which is called garda

3) Heat and compress the garda and you will get chars, which is the black one in your 2nd picture

Also you can find actual weed like in western countries in Punjab and in Sindh, basically in hotter areas you can get cannabis in herbal form. That's what bhang is made from.

Inshallah when I go to Pakistan in future to settle down I will grow it both indoors and outdoors.

In Pakistan currently you can get a kilo of hash for £500.

I know how to make it.

1) Get the plant you showed in first picture.

2) Grind it up and shake it to get the crystals which is called garda

3) Heat and compress the garda and you will get chars, which is the black one in your 2nd picture

Also you can find actual weed like in western countries in Punjab and in Sindh, basically in hotter areas you can get cannabis in herbal form. That's what bhang is made from.

Your prices are off. You can get the size of a baseball for 2000 rupees. :laughcry:

Yes but for rs. 2000 that will only be a few ounces. A kilo is about 33 ounces which is a lot of product.

Your prices are off. You can get the size of a baseball for 2000 rupees. :laughcry:

Bhai for rs. 2000 you will get an ounce which is 28 grams. I'm talking about kilo.

Yes but for rs. 2000 that will only be a few ounces. A kilo is about 33 ounces which is a lot of product.

Bhai for rs. 2000 you will get an ounce which is 28 grams. I'm talking about kilo.

Here in the UK an ounce is around £250 but I get it for £70.

Here in the UK an ounce is around £250 but I get it for £70.

What area are you from in Pakistan?

Cuz the prices you are quoting sound ridiculous.

Granted that it is not our main priority as Pakistan does indeed have genuine problems but consider this:

Cannabis is part of Pakistani culture and it was probably discovered in what is now the region of Pakistan.

The only reason cannabis is illegal is because of pressure from the US.

Cannabis is not bad for you (smoking is bad but you don't have to smoke it)

Cannabis is 100% halal as long as it does not have any harmful adulterants like "mehendi" or opium.

Cannabis will generate a hell of a lot of legit money for Pakistan if it is legalized.

I know the laws against cannabis are not enforced in Pakistan but it should be completely legal.

It is our way of life just like white people's culture is alcohol, our culture is bhang, chars and garda.

Since when did drugs become part of our culture ? Charsis are considered low lives even today... It's called a "G...u Nasha" ..

Also it isn't halal .. some fake qalanderi faqirs who claim its makruh is total BS!

In Islam any sort of substance than has an intoxicating effect is haram.. And yes the laws are strict.. Try snuggling half a kilo of hashish .. Even from Peshawar to Lahore ? Yes cops usually take bribes when you guys get caught with a few cigs.. But you are pretty much f..me if you are caught with more shit.

Last edited:
Since when did drugs become part of our culture ? Charsis are considered low lives even today... It's called a "G...u Nasha" ..

Also it isn't halal .. some fake qalanderi faqirs who claim its makruh is total BS!

In Islam any sort of substance than has intoxicating effect is haram.. And yes the laws are strict.. Try snuggling half a kilo of hashish .. Even from Peshawar to Lahore ? Yes cops usually take bribes when you guys get caught with a few cigs.. But you are pretty much f..me if you are caught with more shit.

Are the prices he's quoting true?

It's pretty cheap in South Punjab.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom