What's new

We’re the boss here, Mumbai cops tell Obama’s men

Status
Not open for further replies.
No actually they took the bullets on their chest and even managed to arrest one man alive,in comparison what about ur Lahore Police,when Sri Lankan team was attacked,showing their a$$ to terrorist's while running and left the cricketers up to their own luck

No actually no one is bargaining here that Mumbai Police is better than
U.S secret service,but the matter is that they dont have much idea about Indian surrounding's,culture and habit of people,u they r pretty much amateurs in this new environment

A lot of gang war,really?by the way if u look at the number of people killed in this gang wars in the last 10 yrs,u will find out it is even less than the number of people killed in the streets of Karachi,Lahore or Rawalpindi per day,so take ur rants somewere else

:rofl: Someone is watching too many bollywood movies.

I am no conspiracy theorist but what the hell are 3000 Americans doing in India??? ... I am just having a strange feeling ... something big is heading our way ....

i dont think the article is very much true... for any US presidents visit anywhere in the world the entire security is done by his own protection team, and that will include everything from the vehicles they use to the person on the streets... need to see the video... most probably they might have given mumbai police to watch the very outer ring...

wtf, has mum police commissioner lost his mind. let the american security do their job then i hope some "non state actors" attack them and obama gets 1 or 2 bullet in leg and then atleast one non-state actor get caught.
this drama will sell it self , more interesting will be the aftermath drama :D

wtf, has mum police commissioner lost his mind. let the american security do their job then i hope some "non state actors" attack them and obama gets 1 or 2 bullet in leg and then atleast one non-state actor get caught.
this drama will sell it self , more interesting will be the aftermath drama :D

mumbai police is already famous for mumbai drama, dont give them more ideas ;)

High security for Obama's visit to Mumbai

By SHAHID RAZA BURNEY/ARAB NEWS

MUMBAI: Ahead of US President Barack Obama's two-day visit to Mumbai beginning Nov. 6, intelligence agencies along with Mumbai police have started putting in place security measures unprecedented in the history of Maharashtra.

In view of possible threats by some militant groups, contingents of the Rapid Action Force, State Reserve Police Force and policemen from other parts of the state will be deployed to ensure security to Obama and his entourage.

Cherring Dorje, deputy commissioner of police (Zone 1), said police were mapping each location the US president is likely to visit and the route his entourage will pass through.

On Monday, the police carried out surveys of buildings on Peddar Road, Girguam, Marine Drive, Fort and Colaba area in south Mumbai.

According to a senior police officer, 215 buildings have been surveyed and police have taken list of residents staying in those buildings. Visitors coming to these buildings would also be under surveillance.

The traffic police will ensure that no cars are parked on the roads through which Obama and his convoy would pass. Police will also deploy sharp shooters on the high-rise buildings near the location of Obama's visit.

Obama's two-day visit to Mumbai is being kept under wrap by the US government citing security concerns and his exact itinerary would be conveyed to the Indian and Maharashtra government 48 hours before his visit, according to a state Home Ministry official. US Secret Service and the US Marines will be responsible for the inner security of the US president while Indian intelligence and Mumbai cops will be responsible for his outer security.

High security for Obama's visit to Mumbai

By SHAHID RAZA BURNEY/ARAB NEWS

MUMBAI: Ahead of US President Barack Obama's two-day visit to Mumbai beginning Nov. 6, intelligence agencies along with Mumbai police have started putting in place security measures unprecedented in the history of Maharashtra.

In view of possible threats by some militant groups, contingents of the Rapid Action Force, State Reserve Police Force and policemen from other parts of the state will be deployed to ensure security to Obama and his entourage.

Cherring Dorje, deputy commissioner of police (Zone 1), said police were mapping each location the US president is likely to visit and the route his entourage will pass through.

On Monday, the police carried out surveys of buildings on Peddar Road, Girguam, Marine Drive, Fort and Colaba area in south Mumbai.

According to a senior police officer, 215 buildings have been surveyed and police have taken list of residents staying in those buildings. Visitors coming to these buildings would also be under surveillance.

The traffic police will ensure that no cars are parked on the roads through which Obama and his convoy would pass. Police will also deploy sharp shooters on the high-rise buildings near the location of Obama's visit.

Obama's two-day visit to Mumbai is being kept under wrap by the US government citing security concerns and his exact itinerary would be conveyed to the Indian and Maharashtra government 48 hours before his visit, according to a state Home Ministry official. US Secret Service and the US Marines will be responsible for the inner security of the US president while Indian intelligence and Mumbai cops will be responsible for his outer security.

Alright this seems about right now.

Ok here are the security rings of Obama.

Ring 1)
obama-with-security-detail-may-8-2008-small-thumb-425x301.jpg

Ring 2)
pict79.jpg

Marcus&

These 2 most inner rings of security is American. Plus Americans will bring their vehicles including Cadillac One.

cadillac-one_01.jpg

Michelle-Obamas-Security-Detail.jpg

I am no conspiracy theorist but what the hell are 3000 Americans doing in India??? ... I am just having a strange feeling ... something big is heading our way ....

Its all drama..trust me..nothing will be announced that favors India...at worst he might raise K word or something like that...

At the cost of repeating myself....let me re-state..Obama is the MOST Anti India US pres in a loong time and also the MOST pro Pak US pres in a loong time...so the news wont be bad for Pak but might be for India...

Pls stop this trip nonsense and stay back in DC to get grilled by Tea Party

Ring 3) NSG and Marcos Commandos

india-security-2009-7-1-12-20-56.jpg

NSG

Marines5.jpg

Marcos

Ring 4) Force One Commandos (Maharashtra Police)

EC1BA3D4B74F4973EDD91A6ECAC4A.jpg

Ring 5) Mumbai Police

mumbai_police_sealegs_amphibious_marine_craft_1.jpg

Ring 6) Rapid Action Force

r

Ring 7) State Reserve Police Force
crpf.gif

^^^my God !!! this is overkill .....now do 3000 guys really need to carry automatics with them after this ?

Plus what about the Coast guards patrolling the coast line ...the IAF declaring no-fly zones ( they would shoot down any unidentified craft) and Indian spy sats ( RISAT etc) and American ones working in tandem to share data on any suspicious movement. Even Bush ( the most hated POTUS especially in the S.Asian region) didnt need such security ......

obama will be laughing his a55 off..a city rife with notrious gang wars and infamous "encounters". Ohh and if he is really candid he could pull out a comment or two about 26/11.

India is a cosmetic country where talks and looks matter a lot..real performance doesnt..what ever you cant do compensate it with talking!

how about comparing the data of crime in Mumbai with that of New York,if not Detroit,before opening your mouth Einstein????Now thats about crime....

I will not even compare the records of Mumbai with any of the Pakistani city,for what you find there is not just crime,but something that we call rampant violence.
Mumbai looks like a Utopian place in comparison.......

Last edited:
Well that is all good and dandy but shouldn't they let Obama's security take care of his safety (that is their job) and Indian security forces could take care of the people. This seems like India trying to flex some muscle here.

Its natural for the head of the state to have a small team meant to safeguard him.Every country has that,and they do travel along with the head of the state when he travels to other countries,and in most cases,along with their weapons.Whenever the Indian PM visits other countries,say UK or USA,he has a team of NSG commandos with him for his security.

Everything is alright,as long as that secutity team does not look like an entire battalion.That would be an overkill.I think Mumbai Police is addressing that issue only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom