What's new

We Pakistanis Love Bollywood, We Can Love The People Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean all Hindus are abnormal humans? So, Hindus are from Mars, Muslims are from Venus!!
lol-031.gif

Yes..faith unfaithful has kept us truly false. :D

You have obviously never been out of your country.:lol:

Literally every Pakistani restaurant I know of in Sydney claims itself as an Indian and Pakistani restaurant. Some don't even bother mentioning Pakistan at all. But hey I don't blame them, they have a business to run, earn a living.

Not everyone can live on useless yapping on an internet forum.
cbk

Svq11NCNlIFe1W-640m.jpg

icjyad.jpg

1zd0uig.jpg

Maybe it's not because they are ashamed of calling themselves Pakistanis, but because there are so many more Indians out there in Western countries than Pakistanis, they would attract more customers that way by calling themselves an "Pakistani + Indian" restaurant.

Maybe it's not because they are ashamed of calling themselves Pakistanis, but because there are so many more Indians out there in Western countries than Pakistanis, they would attract more customers that way by calling themselves an "Pakistani + Indian" restaurant.

Thats what I meant, they have a business to run. You don't care about Indian or Pakistani, you just need customers.

What is there to be obsessed about pakistan? quote me one useful thing to be obsessed about. Why you guys are so desperate & going out of your way to prove that you guys don't like anything about india?
I'm very much aware of your openion about bollywood or anything to do with us evil Indians. My post is for those who are obsessed with bollywood music in pakistan.. be it in pakistani weddings or used in your reality TV shows!! now.. don't tell me this doesn't happen.. It does!!

The word Pakistan is enough for Indian obssession.

2. Infact its some inferiority complex among you indians that you guys come up again and again saying Pakistanis like or dont like bollywood when its the fact that Indian Movies were hit here even in Zia era so why you guys are obssessed with reassuring this thing lolzz

3. as far as i am concern personally i cant stand rubbish story line of bollywood as well as our own and waste my three percious hours in watching monkey dances with plenty of flesh in both yours and ours movies.

for me watching an art movie is justice with my time and for entertainment i go for hollywood movies and for all time good time pass i go for watching Tom and Jerry

so its not about evil or non evil bharatis

The word Pakistan is enough for Indian obssession.

2. Infact its some inferiority complex among you indians that you guys come up again and again saying Pakistanis like or dont like bollywood when its the fact that Indian Movies were hit here even in Zia era so why you guys are obssessed with reassuring this thing lolzz

3. as far as i am concern personally i cant stand rubbish story line of bollywood as well as our own and waste my three percious hours in watching monkey dances with plenty of flesh in both yours and ours movies.

for me watching an art movie is justice with my time and for entertainment i go for hollywood movies and for all time good time pass i go for watching Tom and Jerry

so its not about evil or non evil bharatis

How Pakistan Fell in Love With Bollywood.
The history of a culture clash

pak1.jpg

Last month, just before the release of the Bollywood film My Name Is Khan, a message generated in Pakistan on the microblogging site Twitter was massively retweeted in Mumbai, India: "You might want to come to Karachi to catch MNIK's first day, first show!"

The release of My Name Is Khan, or MNIK, as it is popularly known, had to be scaled back in Mumbai, India's film capital, because of a political controversy. Just days before the premier, its lead actor, Shah Rukh Khan​, had lamented the exclusion of Pakistani cricketers from the Indian Premier League cricket auction. This infuriated Shiv Sena​, a Hindu ultranationalist group that advocates snapping all sporting and cultural ties with Pakistan. It launched a campaign against Khan, threatening to stall his film's release until he apologized and retracted his statement, which he refused to do. Placard-wielding protesters besieged his mansion in suburban Mumbai, burning his effigy and bellowing slogans like "Shah Rukh Khan, go away to Pakistan!" One of the protesters clutched in his hands a dummy airline ticket emblazoned with the words: "Mumbai to Pakistan." Mumbai stationed police officers at movie theaters and rounded up 2,000 people in advance of the opening as a cautionary measure.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the border in Karachi, My Name Is Khan opened Feb. 13 to packed houses and was received with roaring claps and whistles. According to Pakistani cinema owners, it was the highest-earning film ever to screen in Pakistan.

This film certainly resonates with Pakistani audiences because of its theme -- it tells the story of an autistic Muslim man's struggles against prejudices in the United States in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. The big applause line in Pakistan comes at the beginning, when Khan proclaims, "My name is Khan, and I am not a terrorist!" But the widely published tweet inviting Indians to watch the film in Karachi offered a somewhat twisted insight into a cultural paradox: two countries sharing so many cultural references, and yet watching them through such different lenses.

The division between India and Pakistan has been compared to the split between East Germany and West Germany during the Cold War​, but the situations are widely divergent. Whereas Germany's division after World War II​ was largely peaceful, if tense, the subcontinent's partition in 1947 into separate Hindu and Muslim territories was followed by a fratricidal bloodbath. More than a million people were killed and 12 million uprooted. Refugees traveled by foot, carts, and trains to their promised new home, making it one of the largest mass migrations in history.

Since partition, the two countries have spent decades attempting to erect barriers against cultural exchange across the border. Bollywood movies were banned in Pakistan after 1965, following the bloody Indo-Pakistani War​. After Pakistani Gen. Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq toppled Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in 1977, he initiated a process of sweeping Islamization that cemented the artificial split between Indian and Pakistani culture. He labeled entertainment, particularly Indian entertainment, as fahashi, or vulgar. Classical Indian music and dance were banned, and colleges were instructed to shut down their music societies. He banned the sari, a Hindu garment that, according to him, revealed too much of a woman's body. Pakistani columnist Sarwat Ali has noted that in state TV programs, women playing negative roles were shown wearing Indian clothes (mainly saris), while the good ones wear salwar kameez and a dupatta, a more modest outfit that involves loose pants under a tunic, with a shawl covering the hair.

Of course, Pakistanis, especially in the cities, never gave up on their love for Indian culture: They continued to smuggle VHS tapes of Indian films into the country, and they bought satellite dishes to watch Indian programs. More recently, cable operators began to sometimes broadcast Indian TV shows, concealing the logos so that the shows would look like local broadcasts and evade the authorities' attention. Although Pakistani children couldn't watch Bollywood movies in the cinema, they still read the Urdu versions of Indian gossip magazines like Stardust and followed Bollywood fashions as much as they were allowed.

How Pakistan Fell in Love With Bollywood - By Anuj Chopra | Foreign Policy

I don't get some people on this thread. Someone seriously explain to me how watching a Bollywood movie makes one more Indian or less Pakistani or vice versa.All this tamasha over nothing!! Just a topic for certain Pakistani's to show off their patriotism and certain Indians to bloat up with hot air.

there are many good Indian movies that you people may like.....

1. lakshya
2. border
3. Gadar
4. LoC
5.Zameen
6.Sarfarosh

Watching Bollywood or not watching it does not make anyone less or more of a Pakistani. But everyone has their personal preferences: some people like Bollywood, others don't. People have a right to like or dislike something. No need for one to push down their love for Bollywood down other people's throats that don't like it. Or vice versa. My two cents.

There is certainly no shortage of people in Pakistan who see Indian movies and dramas. Mostly do because of the same language and well songs. There is a limited class that watches English movies and listen to Armin van Burren or Tiesto. What the point in this thread. Pakistani members who have written that they dont watch Indian movies, guys why do we need to prove anything at all. Maybe we don't even i don't but there are many others who do. We dont have to be guilty about that. Its a matter of personal preference.

Watch Nawaz shariff in and as Viju Bhai aka Vijay Dinanath chouhan of Agnipath.

You can also watch the 3rd part.

This is great a comedy show , but the amount of indian connotations , movies,religion ,sudh hindi and personalities skit they use is incredible.

Those who underestimate popularity of indian entertainment in Pakistan ,is plain and simple liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
@indians .. we all know the truth we don't need to prove anything

But 1 thing amazed me how pakistan is not able to develop a decent entertainment industry ? why their poeple look east and west for entertainment (US and India their biggest enemies) ? They have enough target audience. This is because short of talent and conservative and narrow minded society.

@ pakistanis .. as u talk about the inferiority complex of indians.. could u put down the reasons . that would be real fun :rofl:

Watch the next part for further confirmation .Watch how much different indian connotations they use int their conversations. Incredible.

These clips are mere samples of pervasiveness of indian media & culture.

BTW they are doing caricatures of Nawaz Shariff and Imran Khan in the clips.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are many good Indian movies that you people may like.....

1. lakshya
2. border
3. Gadar
4. LoC
5.Zameen
6.Sarfarosh

BORDER is their all time fav...:D

Sorry..Could not resist..:Lol:

Indian movies are even very popular in Afghanistan, Egypt, Israel, Africa, probably the whole of middle east etc withstanding the language barrier. In case of Pakistan their is no language barrier, many a times Bollywood movies have been in Top 5 earners in UK/US as well and lots of collaborations between Hollywood-Bollywood are also taking place, there were stories of Amitabh Bacchan getting mobbed in Dubai where nobody recognized Bruce Willis in the same function.

Joint production of movies can sure take Indian-Pakistan relations forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom