What's new

We might see minorities revolting in Iran

When I look through this forum. Iranians stick their nose in other peoples business all the time. Just look in the Iranian and Turkish sections.

Why are they so surprised other stick their nose in Iranian's business? What you do to others, you will get it back.

Plus our Turkish brothers are being discriminated in Iran. It is our duty, our honor and our destiny to help them out. I think the only solution for Azeri in Iran is independence. Iranians are too stubborn, too racist and too ideological. They stir **** up and then cry like they are innocent.

I've never talked about my whiteness.

You don't need to, the photos talked instead of you :)

And in reality, he was defeated by a bunch of Serbian, Romanian and Bulgarian nationalists.

Do you really want to talk about the wars Turks have won and lost? I personally think there is no need for that.

Last updated: 16 January 2013
Note: This report is provided as a service to news media and others desiring current information about the Baha'is in Iran. All details have been verified by the Baha'i International Community.

Words in italics have been altered or added since the previous update on 7 December 2012.

Summary of latest news
Raids, arrests and convictions: Since August 2004, some 676 Baha'is have been arrested in Iran. There are about 110 Iranian Baha'is currently in prison because of their religion. To date, the cases of some 549 Baha'is are still active with authorities. Recently the Baha'i International Community has learned of three instances in which young babies have been imprisoned along with their mothers.

Economic pressure: Economic pressure on Iran’s Baha’i community is acute, with both jobs and business licenses being denied to Baha’is. Government jobs, including not only in the civil service but also in such fields as education and law, have been denied to Baha’is since the years immediately following the Revolution and Muslims often are pressured to fire Baha’is in their employment in the public sector. All shops, except one, owned by the Bahá’ís in Semnan have been closed down and sealed by the authorities. On 16 November, the government authorities sealed all Baha’i businesses in Hamadan province.

International Reaction: Governments, organizations and individual supporters around the world are calling for the release of jailed Baha'i leaders and Baha’i educators, and an end to the persecution of the Baha’is in Iran. On 27 November, the Third Committee of the United Nations General Assembly expressed "deep concern" over "ongoing and recurring" human rights violations in Iran. In Hungary, a host of well-known personalities have joined a campaign to show support for victims of human rights abuses in Iran. In a written statement on 14 November, German Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Markus Löning, condemned the persecution of Baha'is in Iran, in particular in the city of Semnan.

Persecution by educational institutions : Baha’i school children at all school levels continue to be monitored and slandered by officials in schools. Recently, a Baha’i student was expelled from Isfahan University and forbidden to continue his doctoral studies.

Further details
Raids, arrests and convictions
Since August 2004, some 676 Baha'is have been arrested in Iran. There are about 110 Iranian Baha'is currently in prison because of their religion. To date, the cases of some 549 Baha'is are still active with authorities. These include individuals in prison, those who have been released pending trial, those who have appealed their verdicts, those awaiting notification to begin serving prison sentences, and a few who are serving periods of internal exile.

Thousands more have been deprived of education, questioned, threatened, denied their pensions, or debarred from earning a livelihood.

Most of the detentions follow the familiar pattern of agents of the Ministry of Intelligence showing up at the homes of Baha'is, searching the premises and confiscating items such as computers and books, then arresting the residents.

Recently the Baha'i International Community has learned of three instances in which young babies have been imprisoned along with their Baha’i mothers. A five-month-old boy has been incarcerated with his mother in Semnan since 22 September 2012. He has recently been hospitalized outside of the prison suffering from a lung disease caused by unsanitary prison conditions. His mother is serving a 23-month sentence. His father is also behind bars. Another baby - the 10-month-old son of a Semnan woman who is serving a 30-month sentence - contracted an intestinal infection and an ear condition. He was taken out of the prison by his father for tests, was prescribed medication, and is now back in prison with his mother. On 17 December 2012, another Semnan woman was imprisoned with her one-year-old child.

Economic pressure
Economic pressure on Iran’s Baha’i community is acute, with both jobs and business licenses being denied to Baha’is. Government jobs, including not only in the civil service but also in such fields as education and law, have been denied to Baha’is since the years immediately following the Revolution and Muslims often are pressured to fire Baha’is in their employment in the public sector. All shops, except one, owned by the Bahá’ís in Semnan have been closed down and sealed by the authorities.

On 16 November, the government authorities sealed all Baha’i businesses in Hamadan province. This day in the Muslim calendar marks the anniversary of the birth of Baha’u’llah, Founder of the Baha’i Faith. Some 32 stores and warehouses belonging to Baha’is were sealed by the authorities. Over the following days, the shop-owners were summoned to the Information Office of the Ministry of Intelligence in groups of three each day, and were asked to sign undertakings not to close their shops on Baha’i holy days.

International reaction
Governments, organizations and individual supporters around the world are calling for the release of jailed Baha'i leaders and Baha’i educators, and an end to the persecution of the Baha’is in Iran.

On 1 January 2013, the United States Congress called on Iran to release Baha'is imprisoned solely for their religious beliefs. In a resolution, the House of Representatives expressed its condemnation of Iran's "state-sponsored persecution" of Baha'is. See U.S. House of Representatives resolution condemns Iran's persecution of Baha'is - Bahá'í World News Service

On 27 November, the Third Committee of the United Nations General Assembly expressed "deep concern" over "ongoing and recurring" human rights violations in Iran.By a vote of 83 to 31 with 68 abstentions, the Committee called upon Iran to stop such violations, to release prisoners of conscience, and to open its doors to international human rights monitors. See UN vote registers "deep concern" over Iran's human rights violations - Bahá'í World News Service

Persecution by educational institutions
Baha’i school children at all school levels continue to be monitored and slandered by officials in schools. Secondary school students often face pressure and harassment, and some have been threatened with expulsion. Religious studies teachers are known to insult and ridicule Baha'i beliefs. In a few reported cases, when Baha'i students attempt to clarify matters at the request of their peers, they are summoned to the school authorities and threatened with expulsion if they continue to "teach" their Faith.

Recently, a Baha’i student was expelled from Isfahan University and forbidden to continue his doctoral studies. He had completed both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the University and was engaged in writing his dissertation when he was called to the office of the Ministry of Intelligence at the university and informed about his expulsion.

Recently, on a registration form at a school in Isfahan, in addition to the four recognized religions, “Bahaism” was added. One student, who declared her religion as Baha'i, was immediately expelled and was refused re-enrolment.

Summary of types of persecution
Harassment of Baha’is is pervasive and includes many incidents of all of the following:

Arrests and detention, with imprisonment lasting for days, months, or years. In cases where the Baha’i is released, substantial bail is often required.
Direct intimidation and questioning by authorities, sometimes with the use of high-intensity lights and physical mistreatment.
Searches of homes and business, usually with Baha’i books and other items confiscated.
School expulsions and harassment of schoolchildren.
Prohibition on Baha’is attending universities.
Court proceedings where Baha’is are accused of promoting propaganda against the government “for the benefit of the Bahaist sect.”
Monitoring of the bank accounts, movement, and activities of Baha’is, including official questioning of Baha’is requiring them to give information about their lives, actions, neighbors, etc.
Denial or confiscation of business licenses.
Denial of work opportunities in general.
Denial of rightful inheritances to Baha’is.
Physical assaults, and efforts to drive Baha’is out of towns and villages.
Desecration and destruction of Baha’i cemeteries, and harassment over burial rights.
Dissemination, including in official news media, of misinformation about Baha’is, and incitement of hatred against Baha’is.
Evictions from places of business, including Baha’i doctors from their offices and clinics.
Intimidation of Muslims who associate with Baha’is.
Attempts by authorities to get Baha’is to spy on other Baha’is.
Threatening phone calls and letters to Baha’is.
Denial of pension benefits.
Denial of access to publishing or copying facilities for Baha’i literature.
Confiscation of property.

Summary - Iran Update - Bahá'í World News Service

Last updated: 16 January 2013
Note: This report is provided as a service to news media and others desiring current information about the Baha'is in Iran. All details have been verified by the Baha'i International Community.

Words in italics have been altered or added since the previous update on 7 December 2012.

Summary of latest news
Raids, arrests and convictions: Since August 2004, some 676 Baha'is have been arrested in Iran. There are about 110 Iranian Baha'is currently in prison because of their religion. To date, the cases of some 549 Baha'is are still active with authorities. Recently the Baha'i International Community has learned of three instances in which young babies have been imprisoned along with their mothers.

Economic pressure: Economic pressure on Iran’s Baha’i community is acute, with both jobs and business licenses being denied to Baha’is. Government jobs, including not only in the civil service but also in such fields as education and law, have been denied to Baha’is since the years immediately following the Revolution and Muslims often are pressured to fire Baha’is in their employment in the public sector. All shops, except one, owned by the Bahá’ís in Semnan have been closed down and sealed by the authorities. On 16 November, the government authorities sealed all Baha’i businesses in Hamadan province.

International Reaction: Governments, organizations and individual supporters around the world are calling for the release of jailed Baha'i leaders and Baha’i educators, and an end to the persecution of the Baha’is in Iran. On 27 November, the Third Committee of the United Nations General Assembly expressed "deep concern" over "ongoing and recurring" human rights violations in Iran. In Hungary, a host of well-known personalities have joined a campaign to show support for victims of human rights abuses in Iran. In a written statement on 14 November, German Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Markus Löning, condemned the persecution of Baha'is in Iran, in particular in the city of Semnan.

Persecution by educational institutions : Baha’i school children at all school levels continue to be monitored and slandered by officials in schools. Recently, a Baha’i student was expelled from Isfahan University and forbidden to continue his doctoral studies.

Further details
Raids, arrests and convictions
Since August 2004, some 676 Baha'is have been arrested in Iran. There are about 110 Iranian Baha'is currently in prison because of their religion. To date, the cases of some 549 Baha'is are still active with authorities. These include individuals in prison, those who have been released pending trial, those who have appealed their verdicts, those awaiting notification to begin serving prison sentences, and a few who are serving periods of internal exile.

Thousands more have been deprived of education, questioned, threatened, denied their pensions, or debarred from earning a livelihood.

Most of the detentions follow the familiar pattern of agents of the Ministry of Intelligence showing up at the homes of Baha'is, searching the premises and confiscating items such as computers and books, then arresting the residents.

Recently the Baha'i International Community has learned of three instances in which young babies have been imprisoned along with their Baha’i mothers. A five-month-old boy has been incarcerated with his mother in Semnan since 22 September 2012. He has recently been hospitalized outside of the prison suffering from a lung disease caused by unsanitary prison conditions. His mother is serving a 23-month sentence. His father is also behind bars. Another baby - the 10-month-old son of a Semnan woman who is serving a 30-month sentence - contracted an intestinal infection and an ear condition. He was taken out of the prison by his father for tests, was prescribed medication, and is now back in prison with his mother. On 17 December 2012, another Semnan woman was imprisoned with her one-year-old child.

Economic pressure
Economic pressure on Iran’s Baha’i community is acute, with both jobs and business licenses being denied to Baha’is. Government jobs, including not only in the civil service but also in such fields as education and law, have been denied to Baha’is since the years immediately following the Revolution and Muslims often are pressured to fire Baha’is in their employment in the public sector. All shops, except one, owned by the Bahá’ís in Semnan have been closed down and sealed by the authorities.

On 16 November, the government authorities sealed all Baha’i businesses in Hamadan province. This day in the Muslim calendar marks the anniversary of the birth of Baha’u’llah, Founder of the Baha’i Faith. Some 32 stores and warehouses belonging to Baha’is were sealed by the authorities. Over the following days, the shop-owners were summoned to the Information Office of the Ministry of Intelligence in groups of three each day, and were asked to sign undertakings not to close their shops on Baha’i holy days.

International reaction
Governments, organizations and individual supporters around the world are calling for the release of jailed Baha'i leaders and Baha’i educators, and an end to the persecution of the Baha’is in Iran.

On 1 January 2013, the United States Congress called on Iran to release Baha'is imprisoned solely for their religious beliefs. In a resolution, the House of Representatives expressed its condemnation of Iran's "state-sponsored persecution" of Baha'is. See U.S. House of Representatives resolution condemns Iran's persecution of Baha'is - Bahá'í World News Service

On 27 November, the Third Committee of the United Nations General Assembly expressed "deep concern" over "ongoing and recurring" human rights violations in Iran.By a vote of 83 to 31 with 68 abstentions, the Committee called upon Iran to stop such violations, to release prisoners of conscience, and to open its doors to international human rights monitors. See UN vote registers "deep concern" over Iran's human rights violations - Bahá'í World News Service

Persecution by educational institutions
Baha’i school children at all school levels continue to be monitored and slandered by officials in schools. Secondary school students often face pressure and harassment, and some have been threatened with expulsion. Religious studies teachers are known to insult and ridicule Baha'i beliefs. In a few reported cases, when Baha'i students attempt to clarify matters at the request of their peers, they are summoned to the school authorities and threatened with expulsion if they continue to "teach" their Faith.

Recently, a Baha’i student was expelled from Isfahan University and forbidden to continue his doctoral studies. He had completed both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at the University and was engaged in writing his dissertation when he was called to the office of the Ministry of Intelligence at the university and informed about his expulsion.

Recently, on a registration form at a school in Isfahan, in addition to the four recognized religions, “Bahaism” was added. One student, who declared her religion as Baha'i, was immediately expelled and was refused re-enrolment.

Summary of types of persecution
Harassment of Baha’is is pervasive and includes many incidents of all of the following:

Arrests and detention, with imprisonment lasting for days, months, or years. In cases where the Baha’i is released, substantial bail is often required.
Direct intimidation and questioning by authorities, sometimes with the use of high-intensity lights and physical mistreatment.
Searches of homes and business, usually with Baha’i books and other items confiscated.
School expulsions and harassment of schoolchildren.
Prohibition on Baha’is attending universities.
Court proceedings where Baha’is are accused of promoting propaganda against the government “for the benefit of the Bahaist sect.”
Monitoring of the bank accounts, movement, and activities of Baha’is, including official questioning of Baha’is requiring them to give information about their lives, actions, neighbors, etc.
Denial or confiscation of business licenses.
Denial of work opportunities in general.
Denial of rightful inheritances to Baha’is.
Physical assaults, and efforts to drive Baha’is out of towns and villages.
Desecration and destruction of Baha’i cemeteries, and harassment over burial rights.
Dissemination, including in official news media, of misinformation about Baha’is, and incitement of hatred against Baha’is.
Evictions from places of business, including Baha’i doctors from their offices and clinics.
Intimidation of Muslims who associate with Baha’is.
Attempts by authorities to get Baha’is to spy on other Baha’is.
Threatening phone calls and letters to Baha’is.
Denial of pension benefits.
Denial of access to publishing or copying facilities for Baha’i literature.
Confiscation of property.

Summary - Iran Update - Bahá'í World News Service
Good post. Those are all unheard stories. Azeri are not the only one who are being discriminated. One day these minorities will all team up to put an end to racism, fasi-fascism and discrimination.

i read the content of this pic for three times , but what is the point ? it is just a funny part of a magazine or book ! not related to any turks , but i dunno why you think we think that turks are insects ?!
At least i don't think like that ....
No racism in that pic ...

after this picture whats happened in iran that you know very well

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom