What's new

'We can build Padma Bridge alone

@ I dsigree with most of the people here that if the responsibility to built Padma Bridge is given to Army definitely they can do it.

@ Army cannot build such a long Bridge. Moreso, they donnot have such equipment nor they have such experiences.

@ Yes Army has experiences to build a Belly Bridge of 50 to 200 yds may be little bit more. I have never seen Army is making any concret Bridge. Moreso, what tpye of Engineers they have. They are just trained to blow the existing Bridge and construct a Belly Bridge.

@ Yes it is true that in Pakistan the Pakistan Army (Engineers) had constructed the Karakorum Highway (Linking China) but there the whole Govt machinery supported them. And there was no scarcity of any fund.

This is PDF forum why u ppl posting things which are not related to Pakistan and i must say plz mind ur own business and anyway best of luck for bridge

@ I dsigree with most of the people here that if the responsibility to built Padma Bridge is given to Army definitely they can do it.

@ Army cannot build such a long Bridge. Moreso, they donnot have such equipment nor they have such experiences.

@ Yes Army has experiences to build a Belly Bridge of 50 to 200 yds may be little bit more. I have never seen Army is making any concret Bridge. Moreso, what tpye of Engineers they have. They are just trained to blow the existing Bridge and construct a Belly Bridge.

@ Yes it is true that in Pakistan the Pakistan Army (Engineers) had constructed the Karakorum Highway (Linking China) but there the whole Govt machinery supported them. And there was no scarcity of any fund.

Why am I not surprised that you are trying to belittle our army. Surprise, surprise.

Anyway we Bangladeshi nationalists are sure that if our army really gave it their everything, they could build a bridge. A satisfactory one at least. One as good as one built by a private Japanese company, not sure.

Bangladesh needs Padma bridge to not get India mad

Now seriously can we build the Padma bridge alone without foreign funding ? If we are able then the govt would not run for foreign aid so madly . some one can argue that we have a huge foreign reserve of 12 billion dollar and we can use this fund to pay the foreign client . india didn't use their 200+ billion dollar reserve for development project inside india where are jumping with just 12 Billion dollar .secondly do we have technical personal to guide the construction work properly . for the piling work only one company in the world give rent the rig necessary to any country can we hire them and work with them . and most importanly we will not get any other source internal or external who can provide us loan less then 1% interest .

Now seriously can we build the Padma bridge alone without foreign funding ? If we are able then the govt would not run for foreign aid so madly . some one can argue that we have a huge foreign reserve of 12 billion dollar and we can use this fund to pay the foreign client . india didn't use their 200+ billion dollar reserve for development project inside india where are jumping with just 12 Billion dollar .secondly do we have technical personal to guide the construction work properly . for the piling work only one company in the world give rent the rig necessary to any country can we hire them and work with them . and most importanly we will not get any other source internal or external who can provide us loan less then 1% interest .

You tell that to this chest thumping Awamidiot.

Anyway we Bangladeshi nationalists are sure that if our army really gave it their everything, they could build a bridge. A satisfactory one at least. One as good as one built by a private Japanese company, not sure.

Loans from international agencies are certainly needed. With it, needed also is the expertise of the survey, design and construction teams from companies with vast worldwide experience who can jointly build a multi-purpose bridge like the Padma Bridge. I do not think Military Engineering Corpse of BA fits into this category, nor it is their job. I do not see how BA engineers will do such works as erection and installation of steel beams, girders, joists etc. by the cranes on the floating rafts in the river.

This is PDF forum why u ppl posting things which are not related to Pakistan and i must say plz mind ur own business and anyway best of luck for bridge

What are u nuts? This is bangladesh defence section on pdf, and bangladeshis have full right to discuss it here.

What are u nuts? This is bangladesh defence section on pdf, and bangladeshis have full right to discuss it here.

Don't take this forum too seriously, there are all sorts of weirdos and nutcases on here.

Half of the "Bangladeshi" sub-forum for instance consists of people opposed to the creation and existence of an independent Bangladesh, and hate nationalists who love Bangladesh.

Re topic: If you read my earlier posts I said that I doubt the army could do such a thing. However I dislike certain people who always spread false information about my country, going in to heavy detail about the "Bangladesh army can not do this...they can not do that" (a Bangladeshi army they probably think shouldn't even exist).

Anyway it is clear that the Padma bridge will be built during the tenure of the next government (most likely to be BNP).

With Abul still without being investigated, I am a little sceptical if the present govt can successfully start the design and construction work. Guys, please note, as far as I understand, the designs we so far hear about are conceptual desin drawings. After this concept is approved, a more comprehensive soil investigation and analytical design with mathematical calculations for the pile system, footings, piers, abutments, beams, girders, trusses (if any), deck slabs, comression and expansion joints etc will be performed and drawn on the drawing papers.

Not every detail is possible to write here. But, there will be another design analysis for the temporary bridge at the side of permanent one in order to allow movement of construction machineries, equipments and materials.

With Abul still without being investigated, I am a little sceptical if the present govt can successfully start the design and construction work. Guys, please note, as far as I understand, the designs we so far hear about are conceptual desin drawings. After this concept is approved, a more comprehensive soil investigation and analytical design with mathematical calculations for the pile system, footings, piers, abutments, beams, girders, trusses (if any), deck slabs, comression and expansion joints etc will be performed and drawn on the drawing papers.

Not every detail is possible to write here. But, there will be another design analysis for the temporary bridge at the side of permanent one in order to allow movement of construction machineries, equipments and materials.

Eastwatch bhai, how valid do you think is the claim that Padma will add 1% to economic growth?

First drawback of the project, they did not dig the lake deep enough to hold the water and hold them clean. 2nd, sewerage is still flowing into the lake. The rest of the things seems alright even though the finishing touch could be more meticulous. There are lots of extravagant structure yet the work looks ordinary. There were a lots of space for improvement. I hope it will get better and better in the future.

Well finding an honest man is pretty difficult now a days.

I like Ashraf, Muhit and Nahid only because they are honest. They might had other lacking but honesty is my first priority.

I am not so sure about Ashraf,Muhit is honest but gets a bit nutty sometimes,Nahid is definitely the best of the bunch,Saber Hossain(served BCB...successfully campaigned for Test status and World Cup) is pretty honest and professional too.....But A.L completely ignores him!

The army can definitely get it done efficiently but I don't think the have engineers who specialize on mega-structures like bridges(don't see any reason why they should appoint such engineers)....They would definitely be better as supervisors and constructors......It is better to give the army money to build a bridge than to give it to foreign companies!

Back
Top Bottom