What's new

We are with Kashmiris in their struggle for independence: DG ISPR

WHAT THE SURPRISE WAS THAT PLEASE TELL US
No one expected Indian government to annex Kashmir so radically. No one expected India to set aside all international concerns on Kashmir so unilaterally. India acted way more decisively than it has in all 70 years. And it played diplomatic chess game way too skillfully. This move is similar to Russia annexing Crimea, without sanctions.

Actually it is more than that. India has no support for annexing Kashmir from local people in Valley and yet it got NO pushback from International community! India has practically kept all of people in the region under a forced house arrest and yet the reaction is muted. Worse, reaction from Pakistan's leadership is also very muted and disorganized.

I highly doubt anyone in Pakistan's leadership expected this.

Against what? We are not a banana republic - people are allowed opinions.

===========

I am listening to the actual press conference - he says a lot of stuff that isn't printed in the article. This article is pure spin from Dawn.

For example;

- He says PK has 200,000 soldiers deployed on Afghan border, peace in Afghanistan will mean they are redeployed away from there. He says Afghan peace process is important for that. He says India is trying to take advantage of that deployment thinking it is a weak point for us that we are unable to respond fully.

- He says India thinks we are stuck, but any misadventure will be met by the same fate as they got on 27th Feb.

He talks about this diagram;

View attachment 577543

He says India has launched sub conventional war on us for 20 years.

He talks about a spectrum of responses. He states;

View attachment 577545

Military, intelligence, diplomacy, information, finance, law etc. He says Pakistan is responding on all of these fronts.

Talks about false flags and potential for loc violations - says they're ready to respond.

Denies any deal over Kashmir - "over our dead bodies".

Asked if war is not an option. Said it is the role of FM to resolve things via diplomacy, says PM has a similar role. Says if other options don't succeed, war becomes an option, sometimes by compulsion. We will go to any extent.

Asked about nuclear red lines, including cold start. He said it is a detterence, but won't say anything specific, it is state policy. He says such policies aren't made or changed in press conferences.

Asked about redeployment away from Afghan border. He said once there is peace, focus will be 100% on eastern border. He said no plans of decisions will be announced in press conferences. He said every scenario is planned for. He said we don't take the first step until we've prepared the last step.

Asked about recognition with Israel - He said Pakistan has been under a hybrid war and propaganda is a component on that. Such talk is to sow division. Any such conversation is propaganda. He said it is a decision of the state and a question to put to the foreign office, but as far as he knows nothing has changed from our historical stance.

Talks about Iran - he says cooperation on fencing carrying on, increasing cooperation.
You said it all man . Agreed to you . You posted a much more comprehensive translation .

Bro he said , It's up to PM and FM to stop war , but the f necessary we will fight war. Why are you guys exaggerating ? .
Something is wrong.... if Kashmir is Pakistan's jugular vein and it is under the enemy's control then how come he can say "War is no option"....then what happens if tomorrow the enemy attack AJK and GB... will war still be a no option..and what if the enemy attacks the Lahore.. will the war still be no option?
Something is wrong..

However one good thing, after his statement of "war no option", we should stop blaming PM or FM of being peaceful / coward.

PS: I request all to watch the full Press Conc. before commenting. My comment above is before watching the press conf. just based on OP.

No one expected Indian government to annex Kashmir so radically. No one expected India to set aside all international concerns on Kashmir so unilaterally. India acted way more decisively than it has in all 70 years. And it played diplomatic chess game way too skillfully. This move is similar to Russia annexing Crimea, without sanctions.

Actually it is more than that. India has no support for annexing Kashmir from local people in Valley and yet it got NO pushback from International community! India has practically kept all of people in the region under a forced house arrest and yet the reaction is muted. Worse, reaction from Pakistan's leadership is also very muted and disorganized.

I highly doubt anyone in Pakistan's leadership expected this.

Pakistan's response has been all over the place. Really surprised at lack of coherence in approach.

My take is that Pakistan Military is planning a big operation. My personal opinion is the best way to corner India at this point is to cut of all supply lines to Kashmir and make sure those supply lines stay shut. Then you do not need to confront the Indian Army directly in Kashmir initially. You can "lay" back because then the time is on your side and you can wait for the fatique of Indian army.

This operation would need a very detailed planning and making sure your own supply lines are not compromised.

Like Major Asif Ghafoor said, that when you execute and take the first step you need to have planned the final step as well...

My take is that Pakistan Military is planning a big operation. My personal opinion is the best way to corner India at this point is to cut of all supply lines to Kashmir and make sure those supply lines stay shut. Then you do not need to confront the Indian Army directly in Kashmir initially. You can "lay" back because then the time is on your side and you can wait for the fatique of Indian army.

This operation would need a very detailed planning and making sure your own supply lines are not compromised.

Like Major Asif Ghafoor said, that when you execute and take the first step you need to have planned the final step as well...
Highly doubt the military is planning anything except a defensive approach

Bro he said , It's up to PM and FM to stop war , but the f necessary we will fight war. Why are you guys exaggerating ? .

Do they take orders from PM, FM when they dislodge people elected governments?

Did Ayyub, Zia, Musharif took orders from PM, FM when they overthew government of the people?

Did they take orders from the government when they tacitly agreed to let USA kill pukhtoons using drones?

Excuses excuses when you can't walk the walk you do what our military does best make more excuses.

Highly doubt the military is planning anything except a defensive approach

You are off course fully entitled to hold you opinion - but please enlightened us, why you think that?

My approach and opinion is based on the official statements done by Prime minister IK, COAS Bajwa and DG ISPR Gafoor:
  • Full activity on the diplomatic front:
    • Foreign Minister in contact with many colleages from around the world
    • PM taking it the case to UN
    • Pakistans official stand by sending Indias diplomat home
  • Highlighting the issue internally
  • COAS meeting with different core commanders
  • High level meeting with China
And after that the official standing is: India must re-instate article 370 and many other demands before we wil back down. The PM has stated that we will go to any extend for Kashmir. Major Asif Ghafoor: to the last bullet and last solider!

There is no sign from India that they will stand down from their current position. They would need to at some point to lift the curfew but beside that they will not at any case re-instate article 370.

So both parties are in a lock down - neither can back down with a face saving. If you think there is any other possible outcome then please share it - and with an analysis.

So my analysis is that no can back down - If for any reason the PM and Pak military back down then they would be a big problem in media, in the population and the opposition will come out strong on that front. These matters are what they are - but one should realize that down the road this would mean that Pakistan will be strangled to death if we stay passive. This is the core issue that no one can ignore!!

So the pakistan military is playing smart: Taking on Indian army head on is not viable - so you need to do something else. You need to fight differently and do something new. Armies that fight a war like the previous one will have a disadvantage. And fighting is also about keeping the advantage, keeping the initiative and planning for any eventualities. So again my take is that they are planning to fight the war differently. The principles stays the same - the way you perform and do things should be changed and adopted to new realities and developments. What has Pakistan not done before that they can do now? Again my guess is that they are planning to cut of the supply lines to Indian army in Kashmir. The enemy even if knowing about this would not be able to do anything? Why? They have their focus on something else and hence they are deaf and blind... - And to counter you need to plan, and you often do not plan or prepare for something you don´t think will happen or can be done.

And my friends this is the surprise.

Anyone has a right to disagree with me in this analysis. But if you disagree please come out with your own analysis and give arguments based on what have happened during the last few months.

regards and take care.

NB: War is very serious and we should always pray and hope for that it does not happened. Some situations though put us in a situation where war is inevitable. And I unfortunately think this is one of those situations....

You are off course fully entitled to hold you opinion - but please enlightened us, why you think that?

My approach and opinion is based on the official statements done by Prime minister IK, COAS Bajwa and DG ISPR Gafoor:
  • Full activity on the diplomatic front:
    • Foreign Minister in contact with many colleages from around the world
    • PM taking it the case to UN
    • Pakistans official stand by sending Indias diplomat home
  • Highlighting the issue internally
  • COAS meeting with different core commanders
  • High level meeting with China
And after that the official standing is: India must re-instate article 370 and many other demands before we wil back down. The PM has stated that we will go to any extend for Kashmir. Major Asif Ghafoor: to the last bullet and last solider!

There is no sign from India that they will stand down from their current position. They would need to at some point to lift the curfew but beside that they will not at any case re-instate article 370.

So both parties are in a lock down - neither can back down with a face saving. If you think there is any other possible outcome then please share it - and with an analysis.

So my analysis is that no can back down - If for any reason the PM and Pak military back down then they would be a big problem in media, in the population and the opposition will come out strong on that front. These matters are what they are - but one should realize that down the road this would mean that Pakistan will be strangled to death if we stay passive. This is the core issue that no one can ignore!!

So the pakistan military is playing smart: Taking on Indian army head on is not viable - so you need to do something else. You need to fight differently and do something new. Armies that fight a war like the previous one will have a disadvantage. And fighting is also about keeping the advantage, keeping the initiative and planning for any eventualities. So again my take is that they are planning to fight the war differently. The principles stays the same - the way you perform and do things should be changed and adopted to new realities and developments. What has Pakistan not done before that they can do now? Again my guess is that they are planning to cut of the supply lines to Indian army in Kashmir. The enemy even if knowing about this would not be able to do anything? Why? They have their focus on something else and hence they are deaf and blind... - And to counter you need to plan, and you often do not plan or prepare for something you don´t think will happen or can be done.

And my friends this is the surprise.

Anyone has a right to disagree with me in this analysis. But if you disagree please come out with your own analysis and give arguments based on what have happened during the last few months.

regards and take care.

NB: War is very serious and we should always pray and hope for that it does not happened. Some situations though put us in a situation where war is inevitable. And I unfortunately think this is one of those situations....
Ok i like your analyses but how exactly will they cut the supply lines, didnt Musharaf try to do same in Kargil?

Ok i like your analyses but how exactly will they cut the supply lines, didnt Musharaf try to do same in Kargil?

Yes they tried. There was a misconception of India´s will to retaliate / open a different front in 1965. Plus neither the PAF nor the Navy was taken on board in kargil. My understanding is that the only way of permanently cutting of supply lines is by having troops on the ground - like a siege type of operation. That in it self is a declaration of war and once you do that there is no turning back. I do not have a military education (although i have read about strategies and weapon systems a lot) nor do i have inside information of the capabilities of Pakistani army (i would love it though... :(). Therefore the next is pure guessing: Attack from a place where least expected and then get control of every road / link to Kashmir. Make sure your own supply lines in no way can be disrupted. Deny the Indian Airforce of bombing the captured / controlled area. Use your every resources to deny the enemy any capability of attacking your forces controlling the siege area. Hold your defenses through out the entire Pakistan-Indian border. Counter Indian cold start. Attack their fuel depot, ammonition depot and other vital installations. Presently i would try to get contact to the Sikh community to figure out if they are serious in khalistan (but would depend on it) before the attack. Then you "only" would need to wait and be any eventualities. 600.000 plus forces in Indian occupied Kashmir would need so many suplies that you can´t imagine (And just on a side note: Why did US loose in Afghanistan? - Huge cost of the supply lines as one of the main reasons....) and if the people in Kashmir takes up arms an start a guerrilla like war fare then the time suddenly starts ticking in your favor.
This would leave India with limited options...

[URL='https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR']DG ISPR

@OfficialDGISPR[/URL]

Thanks to media for unprecedented coverage of Defence & Martyrs Day especially concurrent repeat telecast by electronic media. COAS thanks nation for reaching out to families of Shaheeds on the eve of Martyrs Day. “Martyrs are our pride & their families our responsibility”, COAS.
4:17 AM · Sep 7, 2019·,
Replying to
@OfficialDGISPR
شکریہ جنرل آصف غفور صاحب آپ نے ٹوئٹ کرکے انڈیا کے زخموں پے نمک چھڑکا

Back
Top Bottom