What's new

We are capable & fully prepared to thwart any misadventure by India: COAS visits LoC

You have lost a lot of men in the 2012 avalanche. Our losses have decreased a lot lately. We can easily hold on to the glacier.

Yes but how many men pay their life every year because your ego will be damaged if you don't keep control over it. Plus, you failed to answer my point about the strategic advantage you have over Pakistan in your quest to keep control on Siachin?

Is their any recording of this or full speech --

Honestly, Jinnah was a genius and saw threats from multiple angles, sadly the rest is falling on deaf ears.

Love you Jinnah!
No Pak and Turkey safeguarding the flanks, no security of the Haremain....

Rahmet-li Jinnah knew it to his heart. And, as if he was a Veli, bestowed with the Vehbi (inspired) knowledge, through whom the Murad-i Ilahi was being implemented....

Ruh-unuz shad olsun...

No Pak and Turkey safeguarding the flanks, no security of the Haremain....

Rahmet-li Jinnah knew it to his heart. And, as if he was a Veli, bestowed with the Vehbi (inspired) knowledge, through whom the Murad-i Ilahi was being implemented....

Ruh-unuz shad olsun...

True, their are some who even say Alama Iqbal was a Vali -- based on books written by his aides and different events that transpired.

Yes but how many men pay their life every year because your ego will be damaged if you don't keep control over it. Plus, you failed to answer my point about the strategic advantage you have over Pakistan in your quest to keep control on Siachin?
Is it our ego or yours. All you have to do is certify the current position of control and we can both withdraw. But your army has created a feeling among your countrymen that you are on siachen whereas you are not even on the saltoro ridge.

It's a piece of real estate. We are there because we know if we withdraw you will take over.

Is it our ego or yours. All you have to do is certify the current position of control and we can both withdraw. But your army has created a feeling among your countrymen that you are on siachen whereas you are not even on the saltoro ridge.

It's a piece of real estate. We are there because we know if we withdraw you will take over.
You're illegally captured Siachin you're the biggest mess/Threat for the peace of the subcontinent

I did not know that stopping us after we took what we wanted is equal to thwarting us. Thank you for improving my knowledge. Please thwart us after we take Muzaffarabad.

LOL... you couldnt take a mole hole..

but we always happy to educate our less capable former subjects

QOUTE:
General admits US sought Kargil withdrawal

General Anthony Zinni, commander of the US central command, has acknowledged that his country had, to an extent, persuaded Pakistan to pull back from Kargil during last year's conflict and stop supporting militants in Kashmir.

21us.htm

LOL... you couldnt take a mole hole..

but we always happy to educate our less capable former subjects

QOUTE:
General admits US sought Kargil withdrawal

General Anthony Zinni, commander of the US central command, has acknowledged that his country had, to an extent, persuaded Pakistan to pull back from Kargil during last year's conflict and stop supporting militants in Kashmir.

21us.htm
I am using links from the same news site as which you have used. So don't tell me about 'Indian Sources'

https://www.rediff.com/news/2004/jun/07zinni.htm

Here General Zinni says

"It was General Pervez Musharraf, known as the brain behind the Kargil incursions of 1999, who convinced Prime Minister Nawaz Sharief to accept United States President Bill Clinton's proposal to withdraw across the Line of Control and end the conflict, reveals General Anthony Zinni, the four-star Marine general who retired as head of the US Central Command in 2000, in Battle Ready, his memoirs co-authored by best-selling writer Tom Clancy."

This is in direct contradiction to the stand taken by the Pakistan Army.

General Zinni also says

"There was no interest I found in the Pakistanis to see the situation escalate beyond control from either side and they co-operated, making the decision on their own"

This is contradicted by Bruce Riedel who is clear that even on 3rd of July, the decision to withdraw had not been made. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.473.251&rep=rep1&type=pdf

"On the 2nd of July the Prime Minister put in a call to the President. He appealed for American intervention immediately to stop the fighting and to resolve the Kashmir issue. The President was very clear — he could help only if Pakistan first withdrew to the LOC."
"On the 3rd, Sharif was more desperate and told the President he was ready to come immediately to Washington to seek our help. The President repeated his caution — come only if you are ready to withdraw, I can’t help you if you are not ready to pull back."

General Zinni says that they offered and arranged the meeting between Clinton and Nawaz Sharif. https://www.dawn.com/news/360892

"What we were able to offer was a meeting with President Clinton, which would end the isolation that had long been the state of affairs between our two countries, but we would announce the meeting only after the withdrawal of forces."

This is contradicted by Bruce Riedel. Clinton did not agree to the meeting till the 3rd.

I am using links from the same news site as which you have used. So don't tell me about 'Indian Sources'

https://www.rediff.com/news/2004/jun/07zinni.htm

Here General Zinni says

"It was General Pervez Musharraf, known as the brain behind the Kargil incursions of 1999, who convinced Prime Minister Nawaz Sharief to accept United States President Bill Clinton's proposal to withdraw across the Line of Control and end the conflict, reveals General Anthony Zinni, the four-star Marine general who retired as head of the US Central Command in 2000, in Battle Ready, his memoirs co-authored by best-selling writer Tom Clancy."

This is in direct contradiction to the stand taken by the Pakistan Army.

General Zinni also says

"There was no interest I found in the Pakistanis to see the situation escalate beyond control from either side and they co-operated, making the decision on their own"

This is contradicted by Bruce Riedel who is clear that even on 3rd of July, the decision to withdraw had not been made. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.473.251&rep=rep1&type=pdf

"On the 2nd of July the Prime Minister put in a call to the President. He appealed for American intervention immediately to stop the fighting and to resolve the Kashmir issue. The President was very clear — he could help only if Pakistan first withdrew to the LOC."
"On the 3rd, Sharif was more desperate and told the President he was ready to come immediately to Washington to seek our help. The President repeated his caution — come only if you are ready to withdraw, I can’t help you if you are not ready to pull back."

General Zinni says that they offered and arranged the meeting between Clinton and Nawaz Sharif. https://www.dawn.com/news/360892

"What we were able to offer was a meeting with President Clinton, which would end the isolation that had long been the state of affairs between our two countries, but we would announce the meeting only after the withdrawal of forces."

This is contradicted by Bruce Riedel. Clinton did not agree to the meeting till the 3rd.

for 11 weeks we pounded your army... you ran to the americans to save your sorry arses...

IAF as usual was all show no go...

that is a fact.

heck we gave u such a bashing you even recommended our soldiers for awards...

Back
Top Bottom