What's new

We Accidentally Found out Why There Are No Birds in China. There are no birds in China???

Who seriously believe that in such a vast country there are no birds?

This is why this SerpentZA guy is a moron, making this obvious lie and some same morons here regularly post this guy's videos here as if this SerpentZA guy is the seconding coming.

This is why this SerpentZA guy is a moron, making this obvious lie and some same morons here regularly post this guy's videos here as if this SerpentZA guy is the seconding coming.

There are plenty of such content creators on both sides to play on people's cognitive biases. Just put on your critical thinking cap and ignore them.

Its a massive unmitigated ecological disaster. Every time chinese shills here start focusing on a propaganda angle out of nowhere -- you KNOW there is something going wrong and the problems are much worse than anyone else imagines. Recent example being the "success" of chinese zero tolerance policy (/s) :D.

Yeah of-course birds are vanishing in china. Most living things there do, except Han (for now :))

# Irreversible pollution of soils, groundwater,
# The drying out and erosion of China’s north,
# Torrential rains and flooding in the west and south-west,
# The Three Gorges Dam at risk of collapsing with many smaller dams already having fallen apart

India is the unmitigated ecological disaster. Literally by far the most polluted country in the world.

China had a dark period, mainly from the 90s to the 2010s, but today has one of the largest national park systems in the world. Not to mention that Chinese cities are probably on par or cleaner than Western cities in terms of public cleanliness and lack of litter.

Serpentza's video is typical of his low brow anti-China trolling.

I'm sure nobody is claiming absolute zero..I think they are claiming why are there "relatively" few birds..especially in the cities.

I think the problem is obviously the loss of habitat that comes with concrete jungles and unfortunately this too:

Downtown Boston's concrete jungle..however pull out some food and the animals come from all directions to you.

..and of course if you live in the suburbs there are birds living in every tree.

Last edited:
I'm sure nobody is claiming absolute zero..I think they are claiming why are there "relatively" few birds..especially in the cities.

I think the problem is obviously the loss of habitat that comes with concrete jungles and unfortunately this too:

Downtown Boston's concrete jungle..however pull out some food and the animals come from all directions to you.

..and of course if you live in the suburbs there are birds living in every tree.
You think? he exactly said China has no birds, and which Chinese city has "relatively" few birds than other world cities? can you point it out other than just you think?

You think? he exactly said China has no birds

Why are you being so stupid, stubborn, and literal about everything?

Did you even watch the video you posted??
Obviously you didn't because..

He is showing birds in China in the video of his you posted.

How can you say he claims there is absolutely zero birds when he clearly shows birds in the video you posted???? LOL!!!

Here let me hold your little hand and show you....

this site is tracking counts (some good some bad)

Last edited:
Why are you being so stupid, stubborn, and literal about everything?

Did you even watch the video you posted??
Obviously you didn't because..

He is showing birds in China in the video of his you posted.

How can you say he claims there is absolutely zero birds when he clearly shows birds in the video you posted???? LOL!!!
That's why he is so stupid, he also claim that China has lots of "ghost cities" , where I never saw one in my whole life and many his so called " ghost cities" are just some new developed areas that haven't filled in with people yet, like some years back the city of Ordos.
Still, tell me which Chinese city has "relatively" few birds than other world cities? can you point it out other than just you think?

That's why he is so stupid, he also claim that China has lots of "ghost cities" , where I never saw one in my whole life and many his so called " ghost cities" are just some new developed areas that haven't filled in with people yet, like some years back the city of Ordos.
Still, tell me which Chinese city has "relatively" few birds than other world cities? can you point it out other than just you think?

Did you even look at the Beijing Bird count site I posted?

You seem to spend a lot of time not looking at things for some reason. First the video you posted and then the site i posted to show you some counts.

Did you even look at the Beijing Bird count site I posted?

You seem to spend a lot of time not looking at things for some reason.
I m in Beijing, Beijing has so many birds, who counts Beijing's birds, you? and what's the global average on city birds? and everyone knows that SerpentZA guy is a brainless China basher, you don't?

Find some who read Chinese to help you to read the sign in the photo, Beijing has birds protection laws

Beijing
6369b12ee4b0180245c1ce5d-jpeg.902920

f4eff66ac97c44dcb21c86eb9671e16a.jpeg

b23f1431de4d4a83a660f6bc18345794-jpg-jpg.902924

9991821-jpg.902925

3ec85ebd3c0d4bedb464f5d0b8d3e89c.jpeg

0c0d4b796a5b4540b93039b124586ddb.png

Last edited:
I m in Beijing, Beijing has so many birds, who counts Beijing's birds, you? and what's the global average on city birds? and everyone knows that SerpentZA guy is a brainless China basher, you don't?

Find some who read Chinese to help you to read the sign in the photo, Beijing has birds protection laws

Beijing
6369b12ee4b0180245c1ce5d-jpeg.902920

f4eff66ac97c44dcb21c86eb9671e16a.jpeg

b23f1431de4d4a83a660f6bc18345794-jpg-jpg.902924

9991821-jpg.902925

Why would you think rapid urbanization is somehow not affecting local bird counts??

BEIJING — When Yue Ying gazed back at the big, fluffy bird looking at her through the pine trees, she knew it was love at first sight. “I never thought I’d see such a big bird in this city,” she says.

It was the winter of 1998, and the then-20-year-old Beijing native was wandering through the grounds of the Temple of Heaven — an imperial sacrificial altar in the southwest of the city — looking out for birds. The one staring back at her was a long-eared owl, a creature with distinctive fluffy ears and large, yellow-and-black eyes that migrates from northern Asia to parts of China, including Beijing, for the winter. In a capital city known for its noise, congestion, and pollution, the serene-looking long-eared owl is an iconic species.

Not that you see many today. That year, Yue counted more than 70 long-eared owls at the Temple of Heaven, but the last time she spotted one there was in 2015. Owls are vanishing from central Beijing’s other green spaces, too, she says. “The ones at the Guozijian disappeared even earlier,” she says, referring to the former imperial academy in the city’s Dongcheng District. Other bird-watchers tell Sixth Tone they haven’t seen a single long-eared owl in years.

The long-eared owl is not an endangered species worldwide, but its departure from Beijing’s more urban area is causing concern among Beijing’s bird lovers. Evidence suggests the main culprits are habitat disruption and a lessening of prey. However, a lack of long-term research on the owl’s decline means that much of the received wisdom on the subject is speculative and anecdotal."

Correlates of extinction risk in Chinese endemic birds​

China has a relative high degree of endemism of birds due to its large area, diversified topography, and varied climates and habitats. Among the 77 Chinese endemic birds, 29 species are classified as threatened according to the officially released China Biodiversity Red List in 2015.

Last edited:
Why would you think rapid urbanization is somehow not affecting local bird counts??

Beijing has many many birds but not many owls, which I admit, the last owl I saw was over 10 years ago, maybe because too much city light at night now, but owls are not only birds, you can't say that Beijing has no birds cause Beijing doesn't have peacocks, that's rather stupid.

And that SerpentZA guy claims China, not only Beijing, has no birds, and you are defending him? really?

If you say Beijing has very few owls, I won't argue at all cause it is indeed a fact.

But when I lived in New York, I didn't remember I saw even one owl as well, probably owls are really not used to living in big cities.

Beijing has many many birds but not many owls, which I admit, the last owl I saw was over 10 years ago, maybe because too much city light at night now, but owls are not only birds, you can't say that Beijing has no birds cause Beijing doesn't have peacocks, that's rather stupid.

And that SerpentZA guy claims China, not only Beijing, has no birds, and you are defending him? really?

If you say Beijing has very few owls, I won't argue at all cause it is indeed a fact.

But when I lived in New York, I didn't remember I saw even one owl as well, probably owls are really not used to living in big cities.

If you stand on a typical street in Beijing (in the springtime) and drop a piece of bread on the ground infront of you how long do you think it would take for a bird to spot it and land next to it? Do you somehow think the odds are better than if you were standing in the same exact spot 30 years ago.

If you stand on a typical street in Beijing (in the springtime) and drop a piece of bread on the ground infront of you how long do you think it would take for a bird to spot it and land next to it? Do you somehow think the odds are better than if you were standing in the same exact spot 30 years ago.
I remember in New York people call pigeons " flying rats" and they poop everywhere, Beijing indeed doesn't have those many pigeions, but does it mean China, or Beijing, has no birds as that SerpentZA guy claims?

Why are you so eager to defend a moron? do you know doing so will make you one as well?

Back
Top Bottom