What's new

Water or War

When should Pakistan launch surgical strikes on Indian Dams

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 14 34.1%

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
now even the planning commision chief has enough power start a war .........so much for pakistani's complaining about indian military generals

A unwanted remark that could have been resisted .....The blame game can be vice-versa......

I pity the tyrannical retards like Chairman Nazria Pakistan Trust and Editor-in-Chief The Nation Majid Nizami who says Water dispute can trigger nuclear war with India.......He further said we consider Kashmir as jugular vein of Pakistan and India is building dams in Kashmir on our rivers by which, God forbid, Pakistan can become a desert within the next 10 to 15 years.
:crazy:

Water dispute can trigger nuclear war with India: Nizami | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Here is the source by the way:
thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=26446

This guy doesn't make sense to me and doesn't reflect much intellect in his statements especially the referenced ones in this news item. However it is generally feared that the future wars would be on water resources instead of oil...

Sardar Assef Ahmad also misfired on several points but not worth discussing.

Last edited:
now even the planning commision chief has enough power start a war .........so much for pakistani's complaining about indian military generals

Who has more power and importance an general or a planning commission??

The Pakistan should right away without wasting any time attack China.:pakistan:

China is building very Big one of the biggest in the world in its Tibet occupied area.

The Indus and Satluj rivers willbe dried up and will greatly damage pakistani economy and agriculture. And it will cause more poverty and hunger.:angry::angry:

This is not propaganda but the news of biggest newspaper of Pakistan "The News".

"China builds dam on Indus in Tibet,keeps Pakistan uninformed
Thursday, March 19, 2009
By Shahid Shah

KARACHI: Keeping the users of Indus River water uninformed, China has built a dam at catchment area of the river in Tibet at Senge-Ali.

Pakistani authorities remain unaware of the dam with the exception of some individuals who read about this in a book published recently."

China builds dam on Indus in Tibet,keeps Pakistan uninformed

Who has more power and importance an general or a planning commission??

an indian general assuring his nation that they can defend the nation if attacked by both its neigbours is being critisied for war mongering:hitwall: while....even a planning commision chief of pakistan can issue threats:chilli: and not be criticised ....double standards:pdf:?????

an indian general assuring his nation that they can defend the nation if attacked by both its neigbours is being critisied for war mongering:hitwall: while....even a planning commision chief of pakistan can issue threats:chilli: and not be criticised ....double standards:pdf:?????

World is not fair my brother. It treats honest and true people badly.:frown:

World is not fair my brother. It treats honest and true people badly.:frown:

Thanks for bringing that News Article Up. Can you post the whole News here (China Build Dam on Indus River without Informing Pakistan.

I think China and Pak have no water treaty to inform each other??

As population explodes. WE will see an increase in rise of Wars due to natural resources..

Unless we(humans) can really start space exploration and colonization within next 50 years...I guess we are really doomed.

Thanks for bringing that News Article Up. Can you post the whole News here (China Build Dam on Indus River without Informing Pakistan.

Yes ur right they dont have any water treaty in place currently:pop:

no one stopped you from criticizing, :pdf: isn't like bharat rakshak or other such fourm.

I understand your generals making such statements against pakistan, but when did china ever threat India?? Did he dream of being attacked by China?

As for double standards, china holds military exercises with india to better relationships, while your media and generals make such statements. These are the same generals that were threatening to attack pakistan a while ago.:lol:

So its ok for you to steal, but its not alright when they tell you to stop.

Always at your service my brother

Water comes from Tibet (Under Chinese occupation)>>Goes to India (Jammu & Kashmir)>>then flows to Pakistan.

If China steals the Tibetan water then there will be no OR less water in Indian side then how Pakistan get the water.

Here China is the Thief not India, even a kid can understand that.

Chinese apne matlab ke pakke hote hain, bhai bhai bol ke chura bhokte hain, this is there reality.

Thursday, March 19, 2009
By Shahid Shah

KARACHI: Keeping the users of Indus River water uninformed, China has built a dam at catchment area of the river in Tibet at Senge-Ali.

Pakistani authorities remain unaware of the dam with the exception of some individuals who read about this in a book published recently.

Alice Albinia, a British journalist and writer who recently visited Indus up to its roots, wrote in her book ‘Empires of the Indus’ that the greater part of water in the River Indus came from its upper reaches, from Tibet, Ladakh and Baltistan, rather than from its Himalayan tributaries in the Punjab. “All the water that drains from these mountains, I remember, is currently being stopped by the new dam at Senge-Ali,” she wrote.

She visited the Indus from its end point Indus Delta to its catchment area and the point of start called Senge Khabad by Tibetans, which means the lion’s mouth. It is the only place, where water did not flow from the glaciers, but the ground and flow continued round the year.

On her way to Senge Khabab, she saw a huge dam with massive concrete curve looms up from the riverbed. “The structure itself is complete, but the hydroelectric elements on the riverbed are still being installed. There are pools of water this side of the dam, but no flow. The Indus has been stopped,” she writes.

The Indus, born some thirty to forty-five million years ago, is the oldest known river in the region. It is the 21st largest river in the world in terms of annual water flow. The total length of the river is 3,180 kilometres (1,976 miles). The river has a total drainage area exceeding 1,165,000 square kilometres (450,000 square miles).

“I feel sad for the river: for this wild and magnificent, modern, historic, prehistoric river; for this river which was flowing for millions of years before humans even saw it; for this river which has nurtured the earth since the land rose from the ocean,” she writes.

Majority of the water experts in Sindh remain unaware of any dam built in Tibet. Most of them are of the view that Indus does not start from one point. It has thousands of tributaries, said Eng. Naseer Memon, water expert.

Indus main tributaries were in Ladakh, Baltistan and Tibet, glaciers of Himalayas, but there was also occasionally monsoon support.

He said there was no major water flow upstream, so building a big dam was not feasible.

Idrees Rajput, former secretary irrigation, Sindh and water expert, said the major water flow started from Skardu downstream, so building a dam could only be helpful for power generation and not the irrigation purpose.

He said the dam at Senge-Ali was for the power generation purpose, which will have no impact over Indus River. “Indus water still flows,” he said.

China had not officially informed the government of Pakistan, as there was no treaty between China and Pakistan over shared waters. Similarly, India has right to build a dam on Indus for power generation with a maximum capacity of 0.25 MAF water.

Indus River’s inflow is 140 MAF in Pakistan, and the small dams will have no impact over us, said Rajput. Pakistan is building largest dams on Indus River with 6.4 or 7 MAF water capacity.

Rajput said they got to know about the dam through “Alice’s book,” but Indus discharge in Pakistan was not stopped.”

Released ahead of World Water Day on March 22, IUCN’s latest publication, “Share: Managing Water Across Boundaries,” shows that international rivers - those shared by neighbouring countries - provide an estimated 60 percent of the world’s freshwater.

There are some 260 international river basins in the world, which cover nearly half of the Earth’s surface and are home to 40 percent of the world’s population.

“We cannot understate the importance of water for life on this planet; it is as necessary as the air we breathe,” said Julia Marton LefËvre, IUCN’s Director General. “Governments must realize that river basins, not national borders are the boundaries around which effective water management must be drawn.”

no one stopped you from criticizing, :pdf: isn't like bharat rakshak or other such fourm.

I understand your generals making such statements against pakistan, but when did china ever threat India?? Did he dream of being attacked by China?

As for double standards, china holds military exercises with india to better relationships, while your media and generals make such statements. These are the same generals that were threatening to attack pakistan a while ago.:lol:

So its ok for you to steal, but its not alright when they tell you to stop.

we have fought a war with china earlier -hope you have not forgot that.....we were backstabbed then.......even during the 1961 war china issued baseless threats (although without the will to intervene)besides intrusions and claiming Arunachal !------DAMN we have the right to be prepared ........holding military exercise may be a confidence building measure but that does not mean that the chinese missiles are not pointing towards india or that they dont have their military at the indo-china border!

i suggest you to not miss out on other posts .......see VEER'S post regarding the thief stealing water (p.s china can be your friend so its ok for it to steal your water????? then we will not be responsible for any water shortage in PAK ....go to war with CHINA I SAY!!!!!!:D)

we have fought a war with china earlier -hope you have not forgot that.....we were backstabbed then.......even during the 1961 war china issued baseless threats (although without the will to intervene)besides intrusions and claiming Arunachal !------DAMN we have the right to be prepared ........holding military exercise may be a confidence building measure but that does not mean that the chinese missiles are not pointing towards india or that they dont have their military at the indo-china border!

i suggest you to not miss out on other posts .......see VEER'S post regarding the thief stealing water (p.s china can be your friend so its ok for it to steal your water????? then we will not be responsible for any water shortage in PAK ....go to war with CHINA I SAY!!!!!!:D)

Beijing denies building a dam, plus pakistan does not have treaties with china, even if they were building a dam, its under construction, but india has already built dams.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom