What's new

WATCH : Should India boycott Champions trophy match against Pakistan?

Its 2-1..2004,2009,2013.

No it doesn't, cricket is a sport of skill and talent unlike other sports like field athletics, swimming, weightlifting which is about high performance etc. There you can simply choose the fastest runners, swimmers, highest jumpers or heaviest lifter. A game of pure numbers. But in cricket its far easier to pick 11 players from 1000 than 7000. Which is why Australia and Sri Lanka also has good teams.

From a scientific POV it simply not true. The MORE people you have, the MORE chances you have of choosing someone that has the ability to bowl faster, spin better, better hand eye co-ordination and have greater cricketing/sporting ability. The fact that Pakistan has historically produced players that have defeated an opponent that has been at least 7x greater than us in population numbers, which has given us an overall better cricketing record vis-a-vis india is a phenomenonal achievement on our behalf. It says a lot. But at the present moment in time, Pakistan is going through it's worst period in it's cricket history in terms of quality of players produced.

And yet, India has two ICC Champions Trophies while Pakistan has none.
Also, at the end of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, India had a win % of 71.42, while Pakistan was at 38.88%

Stats don't work in their purview. I still love the drubbing they got in Adelaide in the World CUP, what an awesome win.

From a scientific POV it simply not true. The MORE people you have, the MORE chances you have of choosing someone that has the ability to bowl faster, spin better, better hand eye co-ordination and have greater cricketing/sporting ability. The fact that Pakistan has historically produced players that have defeated an opponent that has been at least 7x greater than us in population numbers, which has given us an overall better cricketing record vis-a-vis india is a phenomenonal achievement on our behalf. It says a lot. But at the present moment in time, Pakistan is going through it's worst period in it's cricket history in terms of quality of players produced.

This is not that simply true. I can understand if its about just fast bowlers, having 7000 bowlers it will be easy to choose the best 3 by simply picking the fastest. But fast is not the criteria in cricket, skill is. The recent issue on revenue share bw BCCI and ICC is a fine example. Until 2015 all teams recd equal money. So while India spent the money on 7000 players, Pak spent on 1000 players only while Aus would spent the same amt of money on 250. So its easy for Aus, Pak to hone their skills and talent while India had very less money per capita bcos of high pop of players.

Indians should boycott entire cricket as a sports..it is played in india only because it is relatively less physically demanding and doesn't teach any life skills to kids.

This is not that simply true. I can understand if its about just fast bowlers, having 7000 bowlers it will be easy to choose the best 3 by simply picking the fastest. But fast is not the criteria in cricket, skill is. The recent issue on revenue share bw BCCI and ICC is a fine example. Until 2015 all teams recd equal money. So while India spent the money on 7000 players, Pak spent on 1000 players only while Aus would spent the same amt of money on 250. So its easy for Aus, Pak to hone their skills and talent while India had very less money per capita bcos of high pop of players.

Precisely, you NEED these abilities and qualities of being able to bowl faster, spin better, have better hand eye coordination in the 1st place to be able to hone these skills. Otherwise ANYONE could become an international cricket player. From a scientific and mathematical POV, The more people you have the more chances you have of producing individuals who have a higher amount of these abilities compared to lesser populations. The fact that Pakistan has historically done better compared to a nation who has 7× the population is a staggering achievement. It is a very astounding fact.

Stats don't work in their purview. I still love the drubbing they got in Adelaide in the World CUP, what an awesome win.

??????????.........stats don't work in our favour????????......Hope you havn't been trying to get the stats of cricket matches between india and Pakistan from the same indian source that vehemently claimed that it was impossible for PAKISTAN to ever become a nuclear weapons state with or without Chinese assistance.

The fact is that vis-a-vis Pakistan and indian Test & ODI matches, Pakistan had beaten india more times than you have beaten us. That too despite the fact that you indians are more obsessed with cricket than we are and india has a population that is more than 7x bigger than us. That is a phenomenonal achievement in itself.

That's actually good figures by Pakistan considering you are more obsessed with cricket than we are and have AT LEAST a 7x bigger population than we do. So for every 1000 people Pakisran has to choose players from, india has at least 7000 people to choose from. That is virtually possible odds to overcome yet the fact that Pakistan's overall cricket record vis-a-vis india is better is VERY VERY telling and speaks volumes that cannot be dismissed.
Flawless logic.
First off, both countries have equally obsessed fans when it comes to cricket (I'm speaking on a 1 to 1 basis, pick a random Indian fan and Pakistani fan- they're both equally big fans).
And as for 7x bigger population. Having a bigger population ensures that you MUST be superior when compared to countries smaller than you? Then China and India should be far ahead than the Europe and the USA at almost everything than compete in.
And what record do you speak of?
India has won 3 world cups and 2 Champions trophies.
While Pakistan has only won 2 world cups.
I think that speaks enough for itself.

So what happened to your toughness now? No more boycotts? Hypocrites of the first order.

This is India for you folks. It doesn't want to play a series, but here it is facing Pakistan at a tournament. The logic of these cow vigilantes is stupendously mind blowing.
There's a difference between a bilateral/trilateral series and an entire Championship Trophy that has many countries participating. Please, do try using your brain once in a while.

India not participating would only happen to hinder the tournament, which would further bring in remarks from other countries, something which we don't need. Also, India would be missing out at a chance to win yet another trophy, it would be a loss for us.

Playing with Pakistan on the other hand would only deprive both the countries off some income, that's something we're ready to handle. And there's no way that a trophy that you win from a bilateral/trilateral series would be greater than a trophy you won by beating multiple teams in a tournament.

Champions Trophy > A series against Pakistan

No hypocrisy at all. Just logic and priorities

Please write a logical reply next time.

winning of champion trophy don't give you that happiness which you get by knocking India out of the tournament directly or indirectly.

That's your viewpoint. For anyone else, winning a world cup or a champions trophy is a far greater achievement. Why else do you think Australians muster so much respect? It's because they won 5 world cups

Flawless logic.
First off, both countries have equally obsessed fans when it comes to cricket (I'm speaking on a 1 to 1 basis, pick a random Indian fan and Pakistani fan- they're both equally big fans).
And as for 7x bigger population. Having a bigger population ensures that you MUST be superior when compared to countries smaller than you? Then China and India should be far ahead than the Europe and the USA at almost everything than compete in.
And what record do you speak of?
India has won 3 world cups and 2 Champions trophies.
While Pakistan has only won 2 world cups.
I think that speaks enough for itself.

There's a difference between a bilateral/trilateral series and an entire Championship Trophy that has many countries participating. Please, do try using your brain once in a while.

India not participating would only happen to hinder the tournament, which would further bring in remarks from other countries, something which we don't need. Also, India would be missing out at a chance to win yet another trophy, it would be a loss for us.

Playing with Pakistan on the other hand would only deprive both the countries off some income, that's something we're ready to handle. And there's no way that a trophy that you win from a bilateral/trilateral series would be greater than a trophy you won by beating multiple teams in a tournament.

Champions Trophy > A series against Pakistan

No hypocrisy at all. Just logic and priorities

Please write a logical reply next time.

That's your viewpoint. For anyone else, winning a world cup or a champions trophy is a far greater achievement. Why else do you think Australians muster so much respect? It's because they won 5 world cups

You obviously havn't met many young Pakistanis then. Population size has EVERYTHING to do with it. The fact that india cannot compete with the West and Europe in sport (bar cricket) despite having a larger population is testament of the superiority of the West and Europe over indian peoples.

lol...again rona dhona ...kia chawal daish ha yeh roa kab chorain gay ?

They will not since they have perfect winning record but other supports like Kabadi and hockey they will since their record is not good and they are afraid of losing against Pakistan.

What else you can expect from a Hypocrite Sangh-Parivar.

Lol what sangh pariwar has to do with it ? We had the same thing during sardar manmohan Singh tenure.If you are serious about hockey then we can beat them anytime so no need to boast about it.Pakistan does not have funds to sponsor it's team (it's on record) and you are talking about competing with us.

Lol what sangh pariwar has to do with it ? We had the same thing during sardar manmohan Singh tenure.If you are serious about hockey then we can beat them anytime so no need to boast about it.Pakistan does not have funds to sponsor it's team (it's on record) and you are talking about competing with us.
You created this account today just to post this crap?

Kid grow up they have funds and talent comparable to any nation for sports.

Check Indian and Pakistan sports history and learn, Sanghi only boasting huge economy but in reality check GDP and the difference between they two and don't forget India is the house of largest poorest people on earth.

@Icarus
Sir I am seeing daily basis account with single day membership posting me, Kindly check I believe one or two Sanghi kids are creating accounts just to ridicule me since I am showing them reality.

bharatis should, they should boycott every ICC and other sporting events where Pakistan is playing. Pakistan will get easy points.

I think bharatis should cut all ties with Pakistan, sadly i cant ask this from my govt, they dont think much about national dignity as long as their interests are save... national dignity is least important for them.

Back
Top Bottom