What's new

Wat will replace the A-5's??

TOPGUN

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys A-5's were used as close ground support and bomber roles wat will we get after we phase/retd them out your views plzz .

Well, this has been mentioned many times in various threads and also by the air chief that JF-17 will replace A-5s, P-7s, Mirages III/V. There are currently 2 squadrens 16 and 26 based in Peshawar and they will be the first one to be replaced by JF-17.

I know we have talked about it before perhaps it has alos been mentioned as well! but my thought is that we need a bomber type aircraft pherhaps like 2 sq jf-17 is not a bomber aircraft!

I know we have talked about it before perhaps it has alos been mentioned as well! but my thought is that we need a bomber type aircraft pherhaps like 2 sq jf-17 is not a bomber aircraft!

Jf-17 is a multi role plane and can be used both in fighter and bomber role.

Jf-17 is a multi role plane and can be used both in fighter and bomber role.

Dude i know its a multirole plane lol :disagree: iam talking about getting a bomber aircraft!

Dude i know its a multirole plane lol :disagree: iam talking about getting a bomber aircraft!

No, you don't understand and that's what I am trying to make you undersnatd. Tell me why do you want a dedicated bomber when you can use the same plane for both fighting and bombing purposes?. There are only few air forces in the world those who have dedicated bombers such as USA and USSR. Nowadays, it's not economical to have dedicated fighters and bombers. Do you have a bomber and conutry in mind that you can suggest to PAF high command and may be you can assist them to get it on reasonable price too?

i wish we could get a Raptor or EuroFighter Typhoon sorta thing ;-)

Alas! but who is going to pay for it.

i am not a airforce guy but just out of curiosity want to ask you experts that dont you think F-16 though being a King in the fighter generation has lived his life when compared to other contemporary fighters???

No, you don't understand and that's what I am trying to make you undersnatd. Tell me why do you want a dedicated bomber when you can use the same plane for both fighting and bombing purposes?. There are only few air forces in the world those who have dedicated bombers such as USA and USSR. Nowadays, it's not economical to have dedicated fighters and bombers. Do you have a bomber and conutry in mind that you can suggest to PAF high command and may be you can assist them to get it on reasonable price too?

i meant like a fighter/bomber and china has them dont sound silly with the comments as maybe i can assist PAF high command ! furthermore, thats all i have to say to u if u wana see or perhaps for your self check out the PLA site :disagree:

Guys A-5's were used as close ground support and bomber roles wat will we get after we phase/retd them out your views plzz .

Crobato @ SDF had mentioned that a Ground attack version of JF-17 as well as a twin seater version will be taken up once the current single-seater is finalized.

Because of their age, I think the A-5 will be replaced by the JF-17, as has been said but later we might go for other versions of JF-17. Honestly, I don't see PAF going for another plane at this point.

i meant like a fighter/bomber and china has them dont sound silly with the comments as maybe i can assist PAF high command ! furthermore, thats all i have to say to u if u wana see or perhaps for your self check out the PLA site :disagree:

Sir: Would like to close this argument with that all modern planes are designed as fighter/bomber and that's why called multi role.

J-10 can also be used as a Light Bomber, I still wonder why PAF is not Interested in strategic Bomber ?

sir pak does not need a strategic bomber because in modern times missiles have replaced the idea of a bomber soon uavs will take over in large numbers all over the world.
strategic bombers are needed by the policeman states of the UN to showoff its might.what or how does pakistan plan to use a strategic heavy bomber ?

thanx

sir pak does not need a strategic bomber because in modern times missiles have replaced the idea of a bomber soon uavs will take over in large numbers all over the world.
strategic bombers are needed by the policeman states of the UN to showoff its might.what or how does pakistan plan to use a strategic heavy bomber ?

thanx

you have a Point Brother and i think that's why Pakistan is Focusing more on UAVs.

A-5: The aircraft has 10 external stores stations to carry up to 2,000kg dispensable payload.
Q-5 (A-5 Fantan) Ground Attack Aircraft - SinoDefence.com

JF-17: The aircraft has 7 stores stations, including one under the fuselage, 4 under the wings, and 2 wingtip mounted, with up to 3,700kg weapon payload.
FC-1 (JF-17) Multirole Fighter Aircraft - SinoDefence.com

Back
Top Bottom