What's new

WAPDA working on 20,000MW hydel power projects

a secure nuclear power plant will be far more better than a hydel power plant for a small country like pakistan,because it acquire more area,that 's also when the source of water is in some once else hand.

Power projects demand huge capital investment, specially when its from renewable energy sources....20k MW, guess, it will cost not less than 30-35 billion dollars....I think a country of Pak size, should not go for such an huge projects...better they make use of its thermal assets which is cheaper (dont talk abt global warming in our case) ..when it comes to power, I get bit emmotional (I ve lived in UK and seen how they use power, we are just using power to live not to live like king size..) ..

So we asians, should also make best and most use of power....

india should build 100s of dams to these dams in pakistan are nevr build and all water is stopped.

We have all the electricity we need its just mis-management and corruption. Due prices are not timely paid by the government as a result more often the oil supplies are halted while on the other hand most of the plants are still not running on their full capacity

Just imagine one thing suddenly there is a severe electricity crisis , the light goes for 12-14 and sometimes 18 hours hours then the public comes on the roads and suddenly the next day all comes to normal and the load shedding schedule gets reduced by atleast with 60% margin, now if there is really no production capacity then where does that electricity comes from that too within one day. In the name of maintenance and production constraints they hide their negligence, mis-management , lack of skills and corruption

i remember waking up early one morning and was watching news

rehman malik addressed reporters at press meeting; he said by next december before 2009 new year there would be no loadshedding

over 3 years since then its at its worst.....i had to install 2 UPS and honda 2500 watt generator just to keep my dying grandmother comfortable in the house. I wiped out savings money (im not rich) just bc family comes first

its as if the government actually HATES Pakistan to the core.

capacity exists....fiscal discipline and proper management does not

(story of Pakistan since Mr. 10% and his admin took charge)

since then , its just been lolly-pop headlines and broken promises

people dont appreciate being taken for fools and being lied to....by the people who are supposed to serve the country (i also blame Pakistanis who dont pay their electric bills)
first of all
1.load shedding is not due to capcity problem, its due to generation issue due to fuel costs and electricity THEFT(47% as compared to 29% in 2006)
2. in hydro power, pakistan has more potential then india and Bangladesh combined, approximately 100,000MW, out of which feasiblity of atleast 30,000 were completed by MUSHARRAF govt

3. as told by PTI, the only solution to our problem is
a. switch to coal , first imported one then indegenous coal,as even imported coal is atleast 3 times cheaper than oil
b. ensure line losses less than 20% (as compared to 47%, this is due to PPPP corruption soley)
c.longterm work on hydro projects..just if BENAZIR INCOME support programme 150 billion rupees are diverted to hydro pprojects we can complete kalabagh 4500MW (most cheapest and most highest units producing)in 4 years, Dasu 4500 IN 6yrs, bunji 7100MW in 6yrs and basha in 8-9 years

this would make electricty on average only 3-4 ruppes, as compared to 9 rs we are paying for domestic and 12 rupess comericial, it will also provides atleast millionjobs

HOWEVER IT WOULDNT GIVE YOU VOTES, AS PPPP IS PRIMARY CONCERNED WITH VOTES, SO BENAZIR INCOME SUPPORT IS MUCH BETTER FOR THEM, IF NOTHING WORKS, THEY WOULD SIMPLY KILL OFF ONE OF THEIR LEADERS AND EVERY PAKISTANI WILL VOTE FOR THEM, AS THEY DID BEFORE:pakistan:

a secure nuclear power plant will be far more better than a hydel power plant for a small country like pakistan,because it acquire more area,that 's also when the source of water is in some once else hand.
nope, as the intial cost is three times and production cost 4 times as compared to hydro

Back
Top Bottom