What's new

WAPDA formally awards Mohmand Dam contract to Descon, CGGC

Don't know the answers here, hope all is good.
I wish DESCON good luck.
We all wish every entity engaging in development good luck.

I understand your concerns, but as I pointed out elsewhere, part of maturing as a democracy and maturing as an electorate is realizing the proper questions to ask. Knee jerk accusations help no one. What we should be asking is whether the proper process for awarding the contract was followed, and if there was deviation from the process, was it governed by laws or rules in place for such deviations.

Don't know the answers here, hope all is good.
I wish DESCON good luck.

Siapa kia he, Zardari and Wali Khan ? dono ko andar karo.
jahalat hai . just look rail march of bilawal kitny jahil thy train se bahir ? bhut sary

Did the tender go through the proper channels? Was this particular consortium the only entity that was willing to take on the project?

Does Pakistan have conflict of interest laws, if yes, how are they defined and would they apply in this particular case?
It has been debated to death previously but for the sake of people's information I'll list what I know of the timeline.

1. When bidding opened for the dam, only two consortiums were able to build for a project of this magnitude.

2. One of the consortiums had Razzaq's own Descon in it (keep in mind the other had FWO in it)

3. Wapda appointed a technical consultant to determine which of the bidders to go with

4. The technical consultant rejected one of the consortiums and declared one as meeting the project requirements (the successful one had Descon in it)

5. All of this happened BEFORE the PTI government took charge. So all talk of foul play is Noora propaganda.

6. Since there was only one bidder left Wapda decided to award it the contract (this happened during PTI government)

7. Fast forward a few months to today, the contract is finally awarded and construction could start.

Too much opposition from some of the provinces, and now is certainly not the time to rake up those conflicts.

The time may come for Kalabaghm, but likely not for a while.

Southern Pakistan will experience more drought and Northern Pakistan will experience more rain in the future due to climate change.....Southern Pakistan needs increased water storage more then the north. Don't really understand the opposition to Kalabagh dam other then it was another genius Bhutto political cause.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom