What's new

Walton to export refrigerators, ACs to India

That stupid @Nilgiri was crying when Walton exported 4000 units of TV to Germany. I wonder what he and that Chinese-Assamese @Axomiya_lora will now do, it is now 100,000 refrigerators and 20,000 A/Cs. I hope it is not suicide by jumping from a mountain. I will be very sad.
You are hilarious. I like ppl some time jokes and not serious all the time.

Local electronics manufacturer Walton is all set to export refrigerators and air-conditioners to India.

According to a deal signed on Monday, Walton as an original equipment manufacturer will supply 1 lakh units of refrigerators and 20,000 residential air-conditioners to Hyundai Electronics.

Hyundai will import the products through its partner Goldenarch Consumer Electronics Pvt Ltd.

Edward Kim, president for international business unit of Walton Group, and Abhishek Malpani, director of Hyundai Electronics India, inked the deal at Walton Hi-Tech Industries in Gazipur.

SM Ashraful Alam, managing director of Walton Hi-Tech Industries, and SM Mahbubul Alam, a director, were present at the signing ceremony.

“Bangladesh is going to set a new milestone by exporting electronic products. Within a very short time Walton will make Bangladesh one of the largest consumer electronic goods exporters,” Alam said in a statement.

“We have strong determination and detailed master plan to be recognised as the most reliable business partner of many global brands.”

“I am confident about our product quality and technology leadership as we are continuously investing and ready to invest more for Walton to secure global leadership in terms of technologies, quality as well as design,” he added.

EM Yang, chief technical officer of Walton, said Walton’s products are being manufactured using the world’s most advanced technologies and machinery and quality is strictly maintained in every step of production.

“As a result, Walton is ready to deliver reliable products according to the consumers’ demand in the international market.”

Kim said: “We are very happy to have such a remarkable brand like Hyundai as our sustainable business partner. We will do our best to satisfy our business partners with our differentiated product design and quality.”

Hyundai officials visited various production units of Walton, including refrigerator, compressor, glass-door and ACs.

In July, Walton started exporting ACs to Yemen, a Middle Eastern country. The company has been exporting refrigerators to Yemen for the last couple of years, news agency UNB reported recently.

The company has set a target to earn $1 billion from exports of electronics and electrical appliances by 2028.

https://www.thedailystar.net/business/news/walton-export-refrigerators-acs-india-1788832
Honestly why it is such a big deal. These are very basic electronics. Almost every country manufacture these items and completion is tough to grab market share.

I wonder what he and that Chinese-Assamese @Axomiya_lora will now do,
Well, it's not as if these substandard items will have takers here anyway, beyond the good feelz and vibes it is just a meaningless gesture as the markets here are already saturated with quality products. Meanwhile, we will continue to dominate all aspects of your society with our business solutions, IT products, agriculture exports, art, music, movies/serials. Don't let that drive you insane though..

Good luck to Hyundai then.
People were actually buying Hyundai? We have 2 AC's at home, both samsung. My cousin brother has 1 Voltas and 2 LG and one more brother has 2 LG, both Voltas....Wherever I go I see mostly these brands.
Who even buys Hyundai? Or a better question, why would anyone buy hyundai when u have these 3 brands available?

People were actually buying Hyundai? We have 2 AC's at home, both samsung. My cousin brother has 1 Voltas and 2 LG and one more brother has 2 LG, both Voltas....Wherever I go I see mostly these brands.
Who even buys Hyundai? Or a better question, why would anyone buy hyundai when u have these 3 brands available?
Aligning with Walton probably part of the game plan from Hyundai to grab more market in India with better product.

We have LG, Samsung, Electra, Carrier, General yet Walton is the one of the market leader. It is tested against all those brands locally. Now with Hyundai they will do just fine in Indian market.

Well, it's not as if these substandard items will have takers here anyway, beyond the good feelz and vibes it is just a meaningless gesture as the markets here are already saturated with quality products. Meanwhile, we will continue to dominate all aspects of your society with our business solutions, IT products, agriculture exports, art, music, movies/serials. Don't let that drive you insane though..
Hyundais is not a comapny like Patanjali and they know what they are doing. They made the deal after thorough investigation of the quality and production process of Walton. At the end of the day it will be sold as Hyundai. So, rest assured that the product you get will meet international standard.
And, IT product? Which one is that? Zero hardware. The only indian IT product I am aware of is Tally accounting software sells cheap here. Other than that? Hardware? Software? None nada.. zip.

Art? None. Indians are not known for good painting but with horrible ghost looking sculpture.
Music - That I agree... Bengali songs are going strong as well.
Sas Bahu Serial -- loosing its apeal and people are moving on to Turkish serial these days.

Last edited:
Art? None. Indians are not known for good painting but with horrible ghost looking sculpture.
Art is an all-encompassing field, for example in the field of literary arts you country has always been overshadowed by the Bengali doyens of India.
Sas Bahu Serial -- loosing its apeal and people are moving on to Turkish serial these days.
Lmao, is that why your singers dream of coming to India for our reality shows to kick-start their careers, or your children try to emulate the characters they like watching on Indian tv shows to the extent that their parents are forced to come visit WB malls to buy them their favourite Indian costumes.

No celebration is complete in your country without Indian songs blaring from your loudspeakers, your cuisine sells as INDIAN cuisine overseas. You will forever remain as our little brothers.

As for Hyundai selling your substandard Walton cr@p, it's a free country so let them try. As other Indian posters have already pointed out, it is going to be an exercise in vain.

Trade is a two way street i won't mind buying Made in Bangladesh goods if Bangladesh is ready to open its own market for us and till the trade of finished products are balanced...

Bangladesh is already 100% consumer of Indian goods for lower middle and lower class. This level of cheap-priced goods cannot be made in Bangladesh at this Indian cost.

Salay-ko khilao malpaani....

People will buy anything if given at a good price and with reliable service. We will paint these Gerua color and print big Om shanti symbol on it. More attractive to Sanghis that way which is a huge market there....

We have LG, Samsung, Electra, Carrier, General yet Walton is the one of the market leader. It is tested against all those brands locally. Now with Hyundai they will do just fine in Indian market.
Just checked the most expensive 1.5ton Walton split AC on their website, WSI Riverine 18C, which is 67000 Taka i.e ₹57000. Besides being a smart ac which can be controlled by your smartphone, it has nothing over my 5star samsung inverter AC which i bought for ₹40000. Also has EER of 4.64 whereas Walton stands at 3.5. Why will i spend ₹17000 extra for that overpriced AC?
Also I noticed that walton doesn't give rating such as 3,4, and 5 star. Whats up with that?

Last edited:
Just checked the most expensive 1.5ton Walton split AC on their website, WSI Riverine 18C, which is 67000 Taka i.e ₹57000. Besides being a smart ac which can be controlled by your smartphone, it has nothing over my 5star samsung inverter AC which i bought for ₹40000. Also has EER of 4.64 whereas Walton stands at 3.5. Why will i spend ₹17000 extra for that overpriced AC?
Also I noticed that walton doesn't give rating such as 3,4, and 5 star. Whats up with that?

Maybe that's the retail price per piece. Hyundai will definitely make a bulk deal for the price to come down. If start rating is a big thing in the market, they will put start rating too. Otherwise they won't be able to compete.

Maybe that's the retail price per piece. Hyundai will definitely make a bulk deal for the price to come down. If start rating is a big thing in the market, they will put start rating too. Otherwise they won't be able to compete.
Not just rating, EER of Samsung is much better than Walton's top of line AC and this Samsung is by far not the best of the bunch.
Yes, Indian consumer looks at rating.
Moreover, reason why Samsung ACs are cheap is because they are mfg in India. Only the premium wind free range is imported which used to be mfg locally but after recent changes in import duty it became cheaper for Samsung to import manufactured units from their factory in Vietnam as we have an FTA.

Good luck to Hyundai then.
@Shibaji, you have to understand the marketing policy of an international company like Hyundai. It sets its own standard and specifications based on which the manufacturer produces goods that satisfy the criteria.

So, Walton goods are as good as Hyundai goods. Indians do not have to worry about the quality of BD products. Rather, they should be worried more about the effect on India's manufacturers. They will lose in quality and therefore, the domestic market.

Honestly why it is such a big deal. These are very basic electronics. Almost every country manufacture these items and completion is tough to grab market share.
An electronics good is the combination of many related technologies. Two other needed components are monetary capital and institution/organization/company. Electronic technologies can be learned and copied though difficult to do so, but the last two components involving setting up a proper organization and building factories are quite difficult.

All the underdeveloped countries lack the capability to buildup the last two components and that is why they remain behind. Walton has successfully combined technologies, investment, and company to build up a strong base to produce goods that can contest in the international market. It took BD quite a few steps forward.

Not just rating, EER of Samsung is much better than Walton's top of line AC and this Samsung is by far not the best of the bunch.
Yes, Indian consumer looks at rating.
Moreover, reason why Samsung ACs are cheap is because they are mfg in India. Only the premium wind free range is imported which used to be mfg locally but after recent changes in import duty it became cheaper for Samsung to import manufactured units from their factory in Vietnam as we have an FTA.

Ok, I doubt a company like Hyundai will sell subpar product at a higher price. It simply doesn't make business sense. I think they will provide specifications to Walton what exactly they want and the specs should be something they can sell in the Indian market competitively.

Let's see when the product hits the market.

Ok, I doubt a company like Hyundai will sell subpar product at a higher price. It simply doesn't make business sense. I think they will provide specifications to Walton what exactly they want and the specs should be something they can sell in the Indian competitively.
Possibly. But Hyundai is already struggling with market share I dont see how this will turn around their fate.
But lets wait and see, they must have taken the decision only after thinking.

Possibly. But Hyundai is already struggling with market share I dont see how this will turn around their fate.
But lets wait and see, they must have taken the decision only after thinking.
So, it is possible that with high-quality BD make products Hyundai will penetrate deep in the Indian market. It will improve its market share.

Back
Top Bottom