What's new

Featured Vlogger Eva Zu Beck attempt at Combat A/c simulator in PAF Base, Islamabad

White woman given all the privileges while local tourist/women are given :tdown:.
Its not like that. Eva now doing documentary about Pakistan with Turkish channel TRT world so she was at the base as TRT world representative and as far as I know in her individual capacity she was never given access at any PAF base during her stay in Pakistan.

I recently learned that now my videos have gained so much momentum that PAF Personnel actually have my edits on their cellphones. I should be thrilled, but in all honesty - i'm disappointed for good reason.
i think i saw your video on some retired gen i think twitter's page shared

Its not like that. Eva now doing documentary about Pakistan with Turkish channel TRT world so she was at the base as TRT world representative and as far as I know in her individual capacity she was never given access at any PAF base during her stay in Pakistan.

t least do it right by sending her to a base with JF-17s and, if possible, UAVs. I know it's sensitive stuff and all, but (a) our PR shouldn't have centered on this lady and (b) if we had to go this route, at least do it with some glitz and glamour.

I wrote this comment and then was too disappointed to even continue:

Disappointed that you would make such a comment. There was no shortage of two-bit comments on the matter already. The documentary attempted to highlight a female pilot: "on her visit under training Flying Officer Zainab told her about her training, the motive & the true face of progressive Pakistan.". Had they been flying the JF-17 or the F16, it would have been represented in the subject matter as well. Eva Zu Beck has been away from Pakistan for some time now. The producer is local Zayer Films https://vimeo.com/zayerhassan

I wrote this comment and then was too disappointed to even continue:

Disappointed that you would make such a comment. There was no shortage of two-bit comments on the matter already. The documentary attempted to highlight a female pilot: "on her visit under training Flying Officer Zainab told her about her training, the motive & the true face of progressive Pakistan.". Had they been flying the JF-17 or the F16, it would have been represented in the subject matter as well. Eva Zu Beck has been away from Pakistan for some time now. The producer is local Zayer Films https://vimeo.com/zayerhassan
I honestly don't care. I've understood enough from our higher-ups to know that they're generally not interested in cultivating Pakistani talent, and the results show. Those without connections, fame, etc, had requested visits to said places, and with good intent, and were either ignored or told to get lost.

The only thing they all had in common was (1) they wanted to do real good and (2) they were Pakistani. All I can see now is a culture of reliance; reliance on foreigners for loans, reliance on foreigners to speak for us and to us, reliance on foreigners for entertainment/TV, reliance on foreigners for validation, etc, etc.

Worse, the consequence of this is that Pakistanis don't get to have a voice about Pakistan.

How many pakistani journalists been given same opportunity by any other nation on earth, would usa ever bring our journalist on a base near to its raptors or F35s ever???!
Ask that frist and leme know the answer, our youth is bieng carried away on the name of tourism while dancing in the mosques been declared as open mindedness!!!!! 😜

How many pakistani journalists been given same opportunity by any other nation on earth, will usa ever bring our journalist on a base near to its raptors or F35s ever???!
Ask that frist and leme know the answer, our youth is bieng carried away on the name of tourism while dancing in the mosques been declared as open mindedness!!!!!
I honestly don't care. I've understood enough from our higher-ups to know that they're generally not interested in cultivating Pakistani talent, and the results show. Those without connections, fame, etc, had requested visits to said places, and with good intent, and were either ignored or told to get lost.

The only thing they all had in common was (1) they wanted to do real good and (2) they were Pakistani. All I can see now is a culture of reliance; reliance on foreigners for loans, reliance on foreigners to speak for us and to us, reliance on foreigners for entertainment/TV, reliance on foreigners for validation, etc, etc.

Worse, the consequence of this is that Pakistanis don't get to have a voice about Pakistan.
All that means no space for, a pakistani at any level?
And it's happening because our elites are having million dollors of bussines with these forigheners as thier partners so, giving a close detailed view and some blue prints to them of our top projects being called open mindedness and representing pakistan in the west!??? 😉 😜 😜 😜

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I agree broadly with what you are saying (1) this was an opportunity to showcase JF-17 and (2) Pakistan must cultivate local talent. The current crop of 'trusted' journalist Uncles, that cover defence for local newspapers, are not cut out for international media. On the other end of the spectrum are people like Wajahat who are provided access and for whom the less said the better.

That said, Eva has built a platform for herself that spans the globe. Who wouldn't want to ride that wave? TRT certainly wants to, as do PAF.

For whatever it is worth, many of us appreciate Quwa and your continued professionalism.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I agree broadly with what you are saying (1) this was an opportunity to showcase JF-17 and (2) Pakistan must cultivate local talent. The current crop of 'trusted' journalist Uncles, that cover defence for local newspapers, are not cut out for international media. On the other end of the spectrum are people like Wajahat who are provided access and for whom the less said the better.

That said, Eva has built a platform for herself that spans the globe. Who wouldn't want to ride that wave? TRT certainly wants to, as do PAF.

For whatever it is worth, many of us appreciate Quwa and your continued professionalism.
To be fair to Eva, this is just an unfortunate situation. On her own, she's great.

So, this has nothing to do with her specifically, but rather us. If we selected Eva as part of an organized media strategy with investment in the best video makers, writers, presenters, etc, then great.

But we know that's not how we roll in Pakistan. Like a lot of things, our media decisions are probably made on an ad hoc basis. So, while she got through, which is fine, the neglect and incompetence on our side sees many of our own people fall through the cracks. But her getting through (while many Pakistanis aren't) just gives off a bad look -- and if there's a first rule to media/narratives, it's to avoid bad optics.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) were you given any access or information related to operation swift retort?
None through serving PAF channels. I did get info from retired officers, but I don't post that info as it's usually for private exchanges/discussions.

Last edited:
Eh..., can we get this beauty to do it. Hell, i'll do a Video Edit on just her.

286498_6055527_updates.jpg

@airomerix [Sir jee, khoobsorat larki aur Fighter Jets. Zindagi may aur kya ch-ye hai?]

Pilots do get these 'khoobsorat' larkian in many cases to be honest. It's a glamorous profession.

Pilots do get these 'khoobsorat' larkian in many cases to be honest. It's a glamorous profession.
What was that joke regarding the murgha getting jealous of the murghi dating a crow??

It is a PAF version of an European Limousine advertisement.

PAF wants to sell her products and to sell these, PAF is trying to create a perfect image for herself as an trust worthy organization.

A beautiful young lady from west taking an interview of a normal looking Pakistani women fighter pilot who can fly a mach 2 F-7 aircraft.

Even a small clip showing part of this interview shown as part of documentary on CNN, BBC, Aljzeera or any of the top world media organizations, is a free advertisement for PAF.

They just need to change their nationality from Pakistanis to someone else to get a voice.

Turn in the Blue passport at the immigration counter and then suddenly they are the next “voaice auf tha Pee Ay Eff”

Wajahat also has to do his garhi angreezi to get the attention - meanwhile, “اسلام آباد بین الاقوامی ہوائی اڈ .ہ” is romanized too.

When will the colonials leave? Probably never, so its better to go to their homelands and use their systems to take over.. the Indians have done that already; but we’re still fighting for independence from one colonial legacy or the other.

Unrelated to Eva, who really is a good content creator and narrator as such.

It is really a beautiful short documentary, covering female fighter pilots in the PAF, I think Eva was there on the behalf of Turkish Media giant TRT. so it is a very nice attempt to bring Pakistan Turkey together, and create some more warmth in the brotherly relationship between them. Really enjoyed it , furthermore, it is heartening to see that females are also at forefront in the defending our beloved homeland, their inclusion should be promoted in every field of life in Pakistan as we witness female participation in China.

The documentary is produced by a Pakistani:
https://vimeo.com/zayerhassan
https://pk.linkedin.com/in/zayer-hassan-34113364

It is only hosted by Eva, who has been away from Pakistan for sometime now.

Back
Top Bottom