What's new

Featured Vlogger Eva Zu Beck attempt at Combat A/c simulator in PAF Base, Islamabad

I believe Alan Warnes is also white, besides i think it's her personal Vlog rather than a PAF project.

Since when do we have fighter jets based in Islamabad....maybe that's why i never picked it up....if I'm not mistaken, this is PAF Base Minawali.
1. Alan Warnes is a celebrated aviation journalist. Half of his scoops don't even come from the PAF, but from the industry. So, he's got real hooks. However, the PAF can certainly cultivate homegrown journos for the job too (e.g., myself). The sad part is that I can easily get info (as a journo) from the IAF, DRDO, HAL, etc, and was even offered by their media entities to collaborate. I declined and left easy money on the table in the hopes that, some day, our own uncles would invest in us. Unfortunately, Eva whatever's in front of us in the cue.

2. If it's just for her personal vlog (which I don't think is the case ... TRT World seems to be sponsoring her), that's even worse. How many Pakistanis her age would even get the chance to go to a base and do something like this? To be frank, even English and 'appeal' isn't an excuse -- there are expatriate Pakistanis in the West who can do this better than her, yet we're a no-go for the PAF (and authorities in general).

White Privilege.

A lot of Pakistani journalists also given similar access, but unfortunately their pathetic camera works and aviation illiteracy ruined the outcome. My problem is not with Eva, who is doing a phenomenal job marketing Pakistan’s soft image; in fact, more than Pakistanis themselves who like to complain and trash their country in front of foreigners.

My problem is with PAF continuously leaking information to Alan Warnes and providing him privileged access when they will never provide such access to Pakistani outlets like @Quwa This is the real surrender to white privilege and not Eva who’s an excellent ambassador for Pakistan.
That's true, our media outlets are certainly weak. But this is true in most countries -- no one invests in full-time defence analysts. On the other hand, the likes of Indus or Dunya can take a page from CNN and BBC by bringing in a part-time correspondent or person (e.g., myself) to at least set the questions, focus, etc (i.e., be a background producer, not even front facing reporter). So this is their failing.

That said, instead of trying to create Twitter/IG personalities out of DG ISPR, our military can simply lean on Quwa et. al to convey info. No scoops, no quotes, no interview access etc.

I know I sound really butthurt. I'll admit to that. But it's not because I'm not getting access or whatever -- I don't care. Rather, I'm disappointed that Pakistani funds aren't being used to cultivate Pakistani talent or personalities. Instead, we've built a meme around ourselves of using b-tier gori larkiyan to make up positive spins about us. Now everyone's going to make fun of us for this.

Last edited:
If you're going to surrender to white privilege, at least do it right by sending her to a base with JF-17s and, if possible, UAVs. I know it's sensitive stuff and all, but (a) our PR shouldn't have centered on this lady and (b) if we had to go this route, at least do it with some glitz and glamour.
What do you mean white privilege? Eva is such a lovely communicator always smiling and promoting positive aspects of Pakistan and other countries. She should be given a life long visa to enter Pakistan and given all the support to promote her ambition/work. Anyway F7s are really trainers now and will be discarded once sufficient JF17s are produced.

What do you mean white privilege? Eva is such a lovely communicator always smiling and promoting positive aspects of Pakistan and other countries. She should be given a life long visa to enter Pakistan and given all the support to promote her ambition/work. Anyway F7s are really trainers now and will be discarded once sufficient JF17s are produced.
If not for white privilege, you wouldn't have said what you said in bold.

She's a great YouTuber, but we can build the same caliber -- if not better -- using Pakistanis. There are Pakistani Canadians, Americans, British, etc told to eff-off by our embassies, yet they can speak and present as well as her, any time, any day.

Sadly, they're making their way up as interns in CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and will -- in 5-10 years time -- become critical voices against Pak than its best supporters. Why? 'cause Eva whoever can get Pakistanis to say, "give her life long visa" because she -- in her identity as a Westerner -- visited Pakistan.

Last edited:
1. Alan Warnes is a celebrated aviation journalist. Half of his scoops don't even come from the PAF, but from the industry. So, he's got real hooks. However, the PAF can certainly cultivate homegrown journos for the job too (e.g., myself). The sad part is that I can easily get info (as a journo) from the IAF, DRDO, HAL, etc, and was even offered by their media entities to collaborate. I declined and left easy money on the table in the hopes that, some day, our own uncles would invest in us. Unfortunately, Eva whatever's in front of us in the cue.

2. If it's just for her personal vlog (which I don't think is the case ... TRT World seems to be sponsoring her), that's even worse. How many Pakistanis her age would even get the chance to go to a base and do something like this? To be frank, even English and 'appeal' isn't an excuse -- there are expatriate Pakistanis in the West who can do this better than her, yet we're a no-go for the PAF (and authorities in general).

White Privilege.
Sir, i believe it all depends on who is in charge of DMA....in late 90s the DMA was very efficient, it helped me launch first videos and publicity material of PAF outside Pakistan ....later the DMA became more inclined to sell cater for music studios.....see the footage in songs like Allah Ho and others and you will get the idea.

If not for white privilege, you wouldn't have said what you said in bold. She's a great YouTuber, but we can build the same caliber -- if not better -- using Pakistanis. There are Pakistani Canadians, Americans, British, etc told to eff-off by our embassies, yet they can speak and present as well as her, any time, any day.

Sadly, they're making their way up as interns in CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, and will -- in 5-10 years time -- become critical voices against Pak than its best supporters. Why? 'cause Eva whoever can get Pakistanis to say, "give her life long visa" because she -- in her identity as a Westerner -- visited Pakistan.

She has done a first class job of presenting the positive sides of Pakistan, shown me places and faces of Pakistan that I didn't know existed. Even more amazing she has the bravery and strength to go alone just with her back pack and her camera. she took the initiative to come forward and step out of the comfort zone ending in places that even you wouldn't dare to venture in, in wilderness in the middle of nowhere but with astonishing beauty. Give me an example of a Pakistani girl who has accomplished similar adventures.

I think Pakistan tourism should sponsor a travel channel and have her as the main host.

Last edited:
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Your last 2 posts hit the nail dead on.

I couldn't have said all that you did, but then again, you are the journalist.

Our Media Division is weak. Too weak for comfort.

I've been making these YouTube videos for the PAF and the Armed Forces (as a whole) for nearly 2 Years now and have yet to see if PAF has been able to match my work. I'm not suggesting my work is extraordinary, but that the work done is too weak that a YouTuber is getting the best of the Official Videos.

I recently learned that now my videos have gained so much momentum that PAF Personnel actually have my edits on their cellphones. I should be thrilled, but in all honesty - i'm disappointed for good reason.

A Travel Vlogger who knows nothing of Fighter Jets gets access to our Bases and an actual Simulator. Most of us would give up an arm just to be able to visit a Base atleast once in our life.

How I long to see the day when the PAF airs a 'Join the Pakistan Air Force' commercial on all major Channels across Pakistan.

Till that day comes, i'll continue to make videos with the hope that some kid will be encouraged to join our Forces.

She has done a first class job of presenting the positive sides of Pakistan, shown me places and faces of Pakistan that I didn't know existed. Even more amazing she has the bravery and strength to go alone just with her back pack and her camera. she took the initiative to come forward and step out of the comfort zone ending in places that even you wouldn't dare to venture in, in wilderness in the middle of nowhere but with astonishing beauty. Give me an example of a Pakistani girl who has accomplished similar adventures.

I think Pakistan tourism should sponsor a travel channel and her the main host.
My second cousin did all this in the early 2000s. No one would know because this was all before YouTube. She even tried presenting a DVD to the tourism entities at the time, and was basically told to get lost. But she got a job at the BBC, and today, she works at Al Jazeera.

White Privilege.

That's true, our media outlets are certainly weak. But this is true in most countries -- no one invests in full-time defence analysts. On the other hand, the likes of Indus or Dunya can take a page from CNN and BBC by bringing in a part-time correspondent or person (e.g., myself) to at least set the questions, focus, etc (i.e., be a background producer, not even front facing reporter). So this is their failing.

That said, instead of trying to create Twitter/IG personalities out of DG ISPR, our military can simply lean on Quwa et. al to convey info. No scoops, no quotes, no interview access etc.

I know I sound really butthurt. I'll admit to that. But it's not because I'm not getting access or whatever -- I don't care. Rather, I'm disappointed that Pakistani funds aren't being used to cultivate Pakistani talent or personalities. Instead, we've built a meme around ourselves of using b-tier gori larkiyan to make up positive spins about us. Now everyone's going to make fun of us for this.

I share your frustrations; Pakistanis, based on my observation generally seem unaware of the importance of the role of media and the role it can play to foster both confidence in institutions and further national narratives. Most Pakistani institutions seem backward and elite minded.

I share your frustrations; Pakistanis, based on my observation generally seem unaware of the importance of the role of media and the role it can play to foster both confidence in institutions and further national narratives. Most Pakistani institutions seem backward and elite minded.
And we're not going to produce our own Evas because, well, there's zero incentive for Pakistanis to do it. If you have the talent, you're going to get much more appreciation and support outside of Pakistan/Pakistanis if you're a Pakistani.

If not for white privilege, you wouldn't have said what you said in bold.

She's a great YouTuber, but we can build the same caliber -- if not better -- using Pakistanis. There are Pakistani Canadians, Americans, British, etc told to eff-off by our embassies, yet they can speak and present as well as her, any time, any day.

This is the unfortunate reality.If you are anywhere near DC, you would know the extent of resentment and down right hostility Pakistani-Americans hold against Pakistan.In fact, if you say one thing positive about Pakistan, you would be drowned out by 10x sharper criticism. In many ways, Pakistani-Americans hold a more hostile views about Pakistan than even indian-Americans. This has to change if Pakistan wants to improve its image. You can’t improve your image when your own people are your biggest detractors. Just look on Facebook and Twitter, nearly every Pakistani with a positive view of Pakistan has been silenced by these detractors of Pakistani-origins.

This is the unfortunate reality.If you are anywhere near DC, you would know the extent of resentment and down right hostility Pakistani-Americans hold against Pakistan.In fact, if you say one thing positive about Pakistan, you would be drowned out by 10x sharper criticism. In many ways, Pakistani-Americans hold a more hostile views about Pakistan than even indian-Americans. This has to change if Pakistan wants to improve its image. You can’t improve your image when your own people are your biggest detractors. Just look on Facebook and Twitter, nearly every Pakistani with a positive view of Pakistan has been silenced by these detractors of Pakistani-origins.
Yep. Speaking of the old forum, remember Lulldapull Lol? He was the OG example.

Lol a legendary guy. I am still trying to get the meaning of “oh bhens” his signature statement.
I feel like he'll emerge from his slumber and try to drop "facts" on us by saying the JF-17 is semi-assembled and stuff, and we'd just shrug it off (because we long accepted that), leaving him confused. And then he'll become the most pro-Pakistani guy around.

And we're not going to produce our own Evas because, well, there's zero incentive for Pakistanis to do it.
Eh..., can we get this beauty to do it. Hell, i'll do a Video Edit on just her.

286498_6055527_updates.jpg

@airomerix [Sir jee, khoobsorat larki aur Fighter Jets. Zindagi may aur kya ch-ye hai?]

Back
Top Bottom