What's new

Violence in Karachi

ANP brings loads of weapons into karachi. even though being in the least minority ANP seeks more attention than say jiye sindh, or any other party other than MQM and PPP.

the mountains of karachi are in total control of ANP, they fly flags there, like they have established a colony there, near the sindh board, i saw a huge red flag of ANP, by this what kind of this 'peace loving innocent party' which is being crushed between the teo(ppp and mqm) message it is spreading, that half of karachi is their property???

ANP brings loads of weapons into karachi. even though being in the least minority ANP seeks more attention than say jiye sindh, or any other party other than MQM and PPP.

the mountains of karachi are in total control of ANP, they fly flags there, like they have established a colony there, near the sindh board, i saw a huge red flag of ANP, by this what kind of this 'peace loving innocent party' which is being crushed between the teo(ppp and mqm) message it is spreading, that half of karachi is their property???

Why Sindh government is supporting or not stopping them?
What all benefits government will get by allowing them? Finally ANP will cut there vote share..

This article from BBC pretty much sums up what's happening in Karachi.
news-22.gif

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- At least 36 people were killed and 51 were injured over the weekend in Pakistan's southern city of Karachi in what officials are calling politically-motivated target killings, police said Monday.

Authorities expect the number of casualties to rise, according to Rafiq Gul, a senior Karachi police official.

Police say the violence is connected to the assassination of a prominent politician in August. Violence last month from similar target killings after another politician's death left at least 18 dead.

Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik told CNN affiliate Geo TV on Monday that several arrests have been made in the killings and vowed that those responsible will be brought to justice.

"I assure my brothers and sisters in Karachi of strict action against the elements involved in targeted killings in Karachi," Malik said, according to Geo TV.

The killings began Saturday ahead of a provincial by-election to replace the assassinated lawmaker from the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, a liberal political party whose stronghold is Karachi. The MQM, one of the largest parties in Pakistan, is part of President Asif Ali Zardari's ruling coalition.

The Awami National Party, a political rival to MQM, boycotted the vote -- which the MQM won by a vast majority -- after demands to use election monitors were rejected.

"Before the election, MQM workers have been harassing people to vote for them," Sen. Zahid Hussain, a spokesman for Awami National Party, told CNN.

Both parties accused the other of responsibility in the killings.

"Among the killed, most of the people were Pashtuns who were killed by the MQM," Hussain said.

Qamar Mansoor, a senior leader of MQM, said eight of the party's members "and many other Urdu-speaking people were killed by the ANP."

The MQM mainly represents the Urdu-speaking people, who migrated to Pakistan from India during partition in 1947, while the Awami National Party represents Pashto speakers -- more of whom are moving to Karachi from northwest Pakistan for jobs.

MQM is wary of the potential strengthening of a second political or ethnic group in its stronghold of Karachi, and the two parties have been engaged in bloody battles for years.

At least 36 dead in target killings in Pakistan - CNN.com

Nine killed in Karachi shootout

KARACHI: Nine people were killed in Karachi on Tuesday when unknown gunmen opened fire near a busy market, police and hospital officials said.

“What we know so far is that unknown gunmen opened fire and there are casualties,” said senior police official Naveed Khawaja.

The incident happened in the Sher Shah area, which is known locally for used cars and machine parts.—Agencies/DawnNews

KARACHI, Oct 19, 2010 - At least 11 people were killed and several others injured in a fresh incident of political violence Tuesday in Pakistan's southern city of Karachi, police said.

Unidentified motorcycle riders sprayed people with bullets in Shershah Kabari market on Tuesday evening, police said.

"The attackers came on motorcycles and started indiscriminate firing, at least 11 people have been killed and several other injured," Raja Riyasat, a police official told AFP.

The incident comes amid a wave of political violence surrounding a by-election in which around 50 people have now died.

Arif Razzaq, another police official said the death toll may rise as some of the injured were in critical condition.

Doctors in two different hospitals also confirmed the death toll.

MQM ANP N PPP all these parties are involved in these killings
N MQM has a huge take in these killings the governor episode done by MQM was to free their Volunteers n Kaarkuns from Police/Rangers !
N not only MQM ANP is not doodh ki dhuli hui hai ! They also do things in their strongholds ! I have had enough of these bull shits of the parties calling for Youm E Sog Shaheed-e-Inquilaab we will leave govt. all this dramebaazi has been going on for long now !
Either kill everyone in one go or Give this city to Army !

Would the People of Pakistan allow us to police Pakistan and let us run things? Im sure if we work together things will improve...

There are Evil Terrorist in Pakistan that must be dealt with regardless....

Please brothers, let us help

Today Aman pasand party of lyari supported by PPP Zulfiqar Ali mirza Killed 15 Innocent in Kabari Market Shershah ..

they fire at all innocent peoples ..... several injured ...

PPP is the main culprit here .

Would the People of Pakistan allow us to police Pakistan and let us run things? Im sure if we work together things will improve...

There are Evil Terrorist in Pakistan that must be dealt with regardless....

Please brothers, let us help

According to one of the greatest US Presidents who EVER lived, the "Nine scariest words in the English language" are:

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

BAN MQM and all other Indian affiliated political parties, tie all their supporters and throw them in arabian sea to save Karachi.

BAN MQM and all other Indian affiliated political parties, tie all their supporters and throw them in arabian sea to save Karachi.

Great attitude. With thoughts like these, India really doesnt need to do anything against Pakistan. Folks like you are enough to cause major harm to the national fabric of your country..

Great attitude. With thoughts like these, India really doesnt need to do anything against Pakistan. Folks like you are enough to cause major harm to the national fabric of your country..

And what's wrong with that if someone wants action against some parties who believe in terrorism and militancy. And don't bring that Muhajir crap for MQM because my ancestors also migrated from India and I also don't like this "political" party.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom