What's new

View from McLeod Road: Why the Sino-Pak alliance is economically worthless

NVM :) one must not be always on tension spreading spree.

Where is the tension? and who is spreading what. I am just amazed by the how gullible Pakistanis are regarding their economic relations with China. The figure say that China invested only $800 million in last ten years in Pakistan, and most of that amount coming from one company, while tiny country like Norway invested far more than that, and also just compare Chinese investments in India, an enemy, to to that, you will see the right perspective.

Fact speaks a lot about this 'iron brotherhood'.

The simple point to understand is that China has done something for Pakistan which no other country would ever do and that is providing Pakistan with nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them. Therefore the Pakistani military and civilian elite would forever remain obliged and keep bending backwards to accommodate the dragon. Pakistan-China friendship has only thing in common and that is enmity with India. :pop:

The simple point to understand is that China has done something for Pakistan which no other country would ever do and that is providing Pakistan with nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them. Therefore the Pakistani military and civilian elite would forever remain obliged and keep bending backwards to accommodate the dragon. Pakistan-China friendship has only thing in common and that is enmity with India. :pop:

That is true. The real value that Pakistan is drawing from China is not economic in nature, but military in nature, and for that Pakistanis will be ever grateful to China.

Where is the tension? and who is spreading what. I am just amazed by the how gullible Pakistanis are regarding their economic relations with China. The figure say that China invested only $800 million in last ten years in Pakistan, and most of that amount coming from one company, while tiny country like Norway invested far more than that, and also just compare Chinese investments in India, an enemy, to to that, you will see the right perspective.

Fact speaks a lot about this 'iron brotherhood'.

i was talking about your minding my post :)

anyway its NOT about being gullible about our economic relations with China.

Its about realisation that CHINA is NOT bound to work for our economy.

and less Chinese investement does NOT mean that we should take a U- Turn against China.

simple as that.

@Parul will have peaceful sleep tonight :pop:

Last edited by a moderator:

the way India is bendingbackward to accomodate US?

once US did not muster any goodwill from India.

i was talking about your minding my post :)

anyway its NOT about being gullible about our economic relations with China.

Its about realisation that CHINA is NOT bound to work for our economy.

and less Chinese investement does NOT mean that we should take a U- Turn against China.

simple as that.

Not at all as I said before the real value that Pakistan derives from China is military in nature, Your close relation with China has has helped Pakistan maintain a parity with India.

The problem with paid writers at a time when Chinese PM is on visit, is that on the one hand these bloggers try to stire feelings by saying Pakistanis look up to China for help and they mock it as begging, and on the other hand these writers moan over and over again and expect that China should come to rescue of Pakistan for economic crisis.

funny.

China is NOT supposed to solve our issues.

create investment opportunities so everyone will invest not only China

The those paid writers are Pakistani Govt. sponsored to get get more investment from China. On one hand they will welcome Chinese PM and on the other they will express their problems through the media and other circle.

Some drama from the drama queens of Pakistani Govt. :lol:

In the 12-year period between July 2000 and June 2012, net foreign investment in Pakistan amounted to about $29 billion, of that, just $0.8 billion came from China. :woot: :P

- It proves beyond doubts that china just talk in air :blah: but is not a friend of pakistan or not interested in developing pakistan :what:

- Pak people can't blame poor zardari as in last 12 years Pak Army have ruled most of the time :smokin:

The those paid writers are Pakistani Govt. sponsored to get get more investment from China. On one hand they will welcome Chinese PM and on the other they will express their problems through the media and other circle.

Some drama from the drama queens of Pakistani Govt. :lol:

Not at all :) they are paid by likes of ET

My friend these are stunts done by every Govt. nothing new here, even pakistan also follow the same.

In Pakistan Press is beyond the govt control neither our press works according to national interests unlike India.

:) we dont mull such stunts.

In Pakistan Press is beyond the govt control neither our press works according to national interests unlike India.

:) we dont mull such stunts.

I remember correctly , this type of articles appeared in Pakistani media last year I think during some negotiations between Pakistan and China. :)

I will post the articles soon...

I remember correctly , this type of articles appeared in Pakistani media last year I think during some negotiations between Pakistan and China. :)

I will post the articles soon...

Indeed the newspapes affiliated with western/US media outlets do unleash such propaganda items against China to create mistrust in Pakistanis about China.

Nice article but no will accept it.

Because it is factually inaccurate. Its only use is to soothe Indian and certain Western egos.

and i say ur article is trash

I provided specifics why this piece of trash is little more than false propaganda.

I suggest you provide some facts to substantiate your claims.

this is the complaint for Mcleoud road as well

This is NOT the complaint in the article. The article blames China, not Pakistan, for the situation.

Back
Top Bottom