What's new

Vietnamese Prime Minister chosen to be leadership icon in Asia

Wait until he uses his "sapper" argument against you.

I hope China's GDP will surpass US in 2020, but I wouldn't bet my life saving on it. I like to see it happen first because you don't want to be labelled as Indians. Ie. Super power in 2012, 2030, etc.

2020 is important, China's GDP per capital will surpass $10,000 I guess? The 2013 GDP per capital is $6,764 dollars, the average increment per year since 2006 is about $600~700, really huge increment for a country with almost 1.4 billion people. In 2006, it's only $2,000 which means we tripled that amount in only 8 years. Actually we can be more optimistic, China's economy will be more stable than before.

Normally, China will surpass the US GDP by 2020, but except if USA bloated their GDP figure again like they did in 2013.
I think it will happen again because recently they are changing the way in which GDP is calculated. They will use market rate to account for rentals instead of historical cost. Which means their 2.5% will grow to 4-5%.

industrialized means perhaps we will have a infrastructure (highways, airports, highspeed rails, etc) as good as China today. living standard in 6 years may reach the level from China today of 2014.
yes, thanks to the wars (including your aggressions against Vietnam), we are at least a generation behind others in the region. :hitwall:

Just as you said , Viet is at least a generation behind, and do you think 6 years is enough to catch up with the others ?

Industrialized means industry capacity , such as how much steel you can produce , what kind of product you can produce.

Use 6 years to update infrastructure is reasonable , such as highways airports , particularly viet is not very big .

I only know name of four top leaders in other ASEAN countries - Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Phillipines. Never had any impression from the Vietnamese Prime Minister, or is he a President? Extremely rare to read news concerning him on Malaysian, Western and other International media, so what has he done for ASEAN?
the only thing you need to know is our PM gets the most votes from the Huffington Post readers. :rofl:

actually Vietnam is slowly returning to normality, to the glorious days of the past, especially under the rule of the Nguyen dynasty.

after defeating the Kingdoms of Champa, Khmer and Siam, the Kingdom of Vietnam emerged as regional power. We occupied Laos and Cambodia, humiliated the Thai and made Burma to vassal. Without the threat of Imperial China, we would have further conquered Malaya. At the time, we had a modern naval fleet, and Hanoi became a modern capital city, while Singapore and Jakarta were nothing more than swampland. :sarcastic:

North Korea has a more robust military industrial complex than Vietnam, it is an undeniable fact.
what can N Korea produce besides missiles und nukes?
their naval vessels consist mostly of WWII scraps.

Niceguy trolls a bit. Vietnam average income is a third of China.

It's ok, Viet, you are a reasonable person as I can see. It's not about whose figure is higher, it's not a big deal, as China is much lower compared to the West. Sometimes I am really speechless about that guy, whose standpoint really has no logic or cause and effect relation.

It's ok, Viet, you are a reasonable person as I can see. It's not about whose figure is higher, it's not a big deal, as China is much lower compared to the West. Sometimes I am really speechless about that guy, whose standpoint really has no logic or cause and effect relation.
niceguy trolls. However there are more worse guys on this forum. I remember of some Chinese members such as Martin2 or Sinochallenger who constantly wanted to nuke Vietnam.

niceguy trolls. However there are more worse guys on this forum. I remember of some Chinese members such as Martin2 or Sinochallenger who constantly wanted to nuke Vietnam.

You can't take it for real, right? China promised not to use nuke first....War is not an ez game as our wish.

You can't take it for real, right? China promised not to use nuke first....War is not an ez game as our wish.
ha ha ha...and who gives Vietnam the guarantee that China keeps its promises? China itself? lol
No, history has showed many times we cannot rely on your words.

Should the dispute go out of control, rest assured, Vietnam will seek nuclear umbrella with a superpower. We are not naive.

Last edited:
the only thing you need to know is our PM gets the most votes from the Huffington Post readers. :rofl:

actually Vietnam is slowly returning to normality, to the glorious days of the past, especially under the rule of the Nguyen dynasty.

after defeating the Kingdoms of Champa, Khmer and Siam, the Kingdom of Vietnam emerged as regional power. We occupied Laos and Cambodia, humiliated the Thai and made Burma to vassal. Without the threat of Imperial China, we would have further conquered Malaya. At the time, we had a modern naval fleet, and Hanoi became a modern capital city, while Singapore and Jakarta were nothing more than swampland. :sarcastic:

Hey it is because at the time the Glorious Majapahit Kingdom capital is located near Surabaya our second largest city in East Java. And at their prime, they had a bigger navy than any ancient kingdoms in ASEAN combine.

Just as you said , Viet is at least a generation behind, and do you think 6 years is enough to catch up with the others ?

Industrialized means industry capacity , such as how much steel you can produce , what kind of product you can produce.

Use 6 years to update infrastructure is reasonable , such as highways airports , particularly viet is not very big .
you are right. what Vietnam needs is a miracle in order to catch up with other nations in 6 years.
in 2020 Vietnam population will reach 100 millions. the government should strive to get GDP per capita income to $10,000. if achieved, Vietnam economy would be $1 trillion.

Hey it is because at the time the Glorious Majapahit Kingdom capital is located near Surabaya our second largest city in East Java. And at their prime, they had a bigger navy than any ancient kingdoms in ASEAN combine.
It is reported under the Nguyễn, a fleet consisted of 100 galleys, 40 junks, 200 smaller boats and 800 carriers, accompanied by three European sloops. How many ships had the Majapahit Kingdom naval fleet?

When Napoleon III ordered his army to conquer Vietnam in Juli 1857, the French were at the height of their colonial power. Vietnamese Navy could not defeat the French Navy, but we still caused heavy damages to the French. Sad, at the end of day, the Kingdom of Vietnam lost the war after 24 years of struggle for existence. The French won the war because they were more powerful and advanced at that time.

VN fleet
Haichienthinai.jpg

French fleet
Prise_de_Saigon_18_Fevrier_1859_Antoine_Morel-Fatio.jpg

Vietnam :: The conquest of Vietnam by France -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Last edited:
It is reported under the Nguyễn, a fleet consisted of 100 galleys, 40 junks, 200 smaller boats and 800 carriers, accompanied by three European sloops. How many ships had the Majapahit Kingdom naval fleet?

When Napoleon III ordered his army to conquer Vietnam in Juli 1857, the French were at the height of their colonial power. Vietnamese Navy could not defeat the French Navy, but we still caused heavy damages to the French. Sad, at the end of day, the Kingdom of Vietnam lost the war after 24 years of struggle for existence. The French won the war because they were more powerful and advanced at that time.

VN fleet
Haichienthinai.jpg

French fleet
Prise_de_Saigon_18_Fevrier_1859_Antoine_Morel-Fatio.jpg

Vietnam :: The conquest of Vietnam by France -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Surely enough fleets to conquest all the way from Sumatra islands into Papua New Guinea and including Malaya peninsular into Kra highland and some islands in the Southern Philippine too

Srivijaya and Malacca Sultanate were the greatest empires in southeast asia.

Back
Top Bottom