What's new

Vietnamese Prime Minister chosen to be leadership icon in Asia

If war was over in 1975 after defeating US, Soviet and the communist block would have help VN to become industrialized nation for long time already.

We had that plan, Soviet commited to help ,too. But it was canceled due to of war with Pol pot -Thailand and China.
25.12.1991 has conformed that the USSR is a failed country. in the China-Russia border 1980s, two plastic pots can Exchange a motorcycle made in Russia, and countless Russian girls come into China and sell sex just for Life. Now 1 Chinese Yuan = 5 Russian Ruble. I can hardly imagine what we can learn from Russia. Vietnam should learn from modern country.

The most embarrassed thing is that why let your own fate under subordination to other's consent? If you are gonna win this discussion, sure, take it. But in reality, things don't work as perfectly as you described.
I don´t see so. no need to shame. both JP and VN lack critical mass. America is an outsider, you never know if they keep their promises. They betrayed their South Vietnamese ally in the battle of Paracels. That could happen to Japan.

No, not the problem of war. China and Vietnam's economy development began nearly at the same time. If you want to say the wars killed a lot of Vietnam people and destroyed Vietnam economy, yes, it is the truth. But dont forget China's stupid and cruel class struggle, stupid Great Step Forward, Cultural Revolution, yes, they are not war time, but actually China has never focused on economy since 1990s, and countless Chinese people died during that black period and lost much more than all Vietnam wars put together.

China, Vietnam and even India, they are all carrying on economy reform, but why only China can get a big success? The same between China and Vietnam is they all absorb those forgien investment, especially the investments from Japan. Japan helps China's economy reform just like a kind of reparation and they gave a lot of support whatever on economy or Tech when the pioneering days of reform. But China has difference with Vietnam, because China has a very rich and powerful oversea group and the same blood people come from Taiwam, HK, Singapore and South East Asia .

While Vietnam, to be honest, apart from those people works in restaurants abroad, rarely can find other places that Vietnam can do(just the truth). Those oversea Chinese, Taiwan, HKers. They are the strong engine of China, this is Vietnam or India, they cannot be campared.
ha ha ha...you should make more visits to Vietnam as well as reading more from other sources except Chinese, my friend.

China began with economics reform in 1978, while Vietnam 1986.
China enjoys peace since 1945, while Vietnam 1989.
China lost most of the people due to internal chaos, while Vietnam of wars.
China improves infrastructure since end of WWII, while Vietnam began at zero in 1975.
China destroyed the rest of Vietnam northern provinces in 1979, when PLA withdrew.

Overseas Vietnamese are fewer in number, and perhaps you are right, they are poorer than overseas Chinese, but they sent $11b last year to their home land. Do you think all of them work at restaurants? I can post some reports what overseas Vietnamese do if you like.

Last edited:
You serious, you lose:-) Trust Russian is the same as believing duck can climb trees.
you can guess whom Vietnam trusts more: Russia or China?

putin__apec__tap_can_binh__trang_phuc__indonesia_5.jpg

Vietnam trust Russia is Vietnam's thing, but not Russia's thing. Maybe Vietnam can learn some lesson from China and east europé.

ha ha ha...you should make more visits to Vietnam as well as reading more from other sources except Chinese, my friend.

China improves infrastructure since end of WWII, while Vietnam began at zero in 1975.
China destroyed the rest of Vietnam northern provinces in 1979, when PLA withdrew.

Overseas Vietnamese are fewer in number, and perhaps you are right, they are poorer than overseas Chinese, but they sent $11b last year to their home land. Do you think all of them work at restaurants? I can post some reports what overseas Vietnamese do if you like.
haha, you dont know about Chinese reform. Yes, the year 1978 is right, but after Deng's speech in 1992 did China begin a real development. After 1978, the president Hua Guofeng still insisted on "Two Whatevers", which is "Whatever Mao says, that is right, whatever Mao says, we will follow". That is a time of stop, since 1990s China really begin to develop economy. China's lost in domestic chao is much more serious than Vietnam's lost in war time. Can you imagine China population is negative growth? Yes, from 1959 to 1961, 20 million Chinese people died because of hungry! Only 3 years! War time? No, even Sino-Japanese war, only 18million Chinese was killed, not all killed by Japanese. Can you imagine only 3 years 20 million people died? No more than other years during 1966-1976 cultrual revolution. Understand now? About oversea Vietnam, I say "rarely"! Understand? Not "all". I know an Vietnam-German works as German officer in the government, and some others have nice work, but I dont want to talk about what I see about Vietnam people in oversea. one of mu wife's fiend, just for leaving Vietnam and coming Europé, she even left her boyfriend in Vietnam, paid 10 hundred thousand and merried with an europen guy and than the merriage maintained several years, when she gets the permanent resident, she divorced with that guys, OMG..., dont want to say more. Both China and Vietnam I have been much time in both countries. Yes, campared with Le Duan's period, Vietnam has made a great prograss, but campared with China's complicated situation and speed, Vietnam is slower, and it is the truth.

Chinese people calls that "热脸贴冷屁股" or "口蜜腹剑". You should know only Russian themselves think they are european, and the friend document between Russia and Vietnam cannot change the fact that Russian rogues attacks Vietnam workers(They not only attack Vietnamese, but Chinese, Japanese, korean). Political language is only political language, Russian is a narrow race. Campared with EU, they are self-abased, now campared with Asia, they are also out dated, but they cant Believe that, it is the truth. If you take the Russian airline, you will find Russian people manner are worse than Korean. Europen people like to read book in the air, while Russian like to drink Vodka, and than become crazy. Vietnam dont trust China, but at least Vietnam and China are same cultrue and neighbour, both cannot move! While Russia, if Vietnam trust Russia, ok, let it be. we can see what will happen at last.

You might be right. China's Self-Strengthening Movement was led and started by Qing Dynasty in 19th century, it's the beginning of industrialization. Many modern factories were built. And this even could be traced back to late Ming Dynasty in 17th century when sprouts of capitalism occurred in Yangtze River Delta cities like Suzhou, Hangzhou. But as you said the massive industrialization began since 1978, although before that, we had strong industrial base and advanced productivity in cities near Shanghai, the richest part of China.

Self-Strengthening Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sprouts of capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As China's feudal society had developed a commodity economy, and so carried within itself the seeds of capitalism, China would of herself have developed slowly into a capitalist society even without the impact of foreign capitalism.

In ancient China, we already established advanced productivity relations but with lower level of industrialization, we even have
paper currency in 12th century Song Dynasty. We are clever EVER SINCE.

So the timeline actually is too long, China is richer than Vietnam because we've been working harder and much earlier than you.

25.12.1991 has conformed that the USSR is a failed country. in the China-Russia border 1980s, two plastic pots can Exchange a motorcycle made in Russia, and countless Russian girls come into China and sell sex just for Life. Now 1 Chinese Yuan = 5 Russian Ruble. I can hardly imagine what we can learn from Russia. Vietnam should learn from modern country.
he he he...I see you Chinese are obsessed with Russian girls, too. :sarcastic:
what Vietnam can learn from Russia today? defence industry. how to build warships, jets and missiles.

from which country should Vietnam learn? according to your opinion, not China, neither Russia. Japan?

he he he...I see you Chinese are obsessed with Russian girls, too. :sarcastic:
what Vietnam can learn from Russia today? defence industry. how to build warships, jets and missiles.

from which country should Vietnam learn? according to your opinion, not China, neither Russia. Japan?
You should know I Always want Vietnam to be a modern, developed and democracy country. Is Russia modern, developed or democracy? the president became PM and than became president again. I am afraid it's the round for Putin, president-pm-president:-) You want Vietnam also become such country? Russia defence industry? Dont make everybody laugh! Go and check history, the most weapon that Russia used is a weapon called "Cold air" Without that weapon, tell me, which war did Russia win?

We can learn how to make tank, jet fighter, sub-marine , infrastructure building etc from Soviet and East German. Even China now still can not make Su-30 jet engine from Soviet era.

We can learn how to make tank, jet fighter, sub-marine , infrastructure building etc from Soviet and East German. Even China now still can not make Su-30 jet engine from Soviet era.
Wait, east German? Thanks God, not all Vietnam people look like you. You know why China cannot build a proper Engine? Actually China has Chinese Engine, but the quality cannot be satisfied. Tell you the truth, everybody know how an Engine work and what an Engine look like, but even you know all of this, you still cannot build it. Because it is involved in such precision materials, molecular structures, much more high Tech area. How much Money has China? If you think these things can paid by Money, then you are so naive. Engine,whatever car, plane or airship is a comprehensive Power of a country! It has a complete system and plan to develop it, China's failure on that has lot of reasons, but even China's power cannot build an proper Engine, can you imagine Vietnam could? Buy Engine? Dont forget Russia has not only Vietnam as "friend", but India is also Russia's "friend" and do you think Vietnam's power is stronger than India? So show me some Engine that India bought from Russia... Even Su30 is out of date actually, It is impossible that Russia sell out Engine Tech to other countries. Now we talk about how the Russian Engine is. Easy, do you think those Russian like "Gaz","Lada" and western dog's car "Toyota", "Benz", "BMW" have some difference?

Wait, east German? Thanks God, not all Vietnam people look like you. You know why China cannot build a proper Engine? Actually China has Chinese Engine, but the quality cannot be satisfied. Tell you the truth, everybody know how an Engine work and what an Engine look like, but even you know all of this, you still cannot build it. Because it is involved in such precision materials, molecular structures, much more high Tech area. How much Money has China? If you think these things can paid by Money, then you are so naive. Engine,whatever car, plane or airship is a comprehensive Power of a country! It has a complete system and plan to develop it, China's failure on that has lot of reasons, but even China's power cannot build an proper Engine, can you imagine Vietnam could? Buy Engine? Dont forget Russia has not only Vietnam as "friend", but India is also Russia's "friend" and do you think Vietnam's power is stronger than India? So show me some Engine that India bought from Russia... Even Su30 is out of date actually, It is impossible that Russia sell out Engine Tech to other countries. Now we talk about how the Russian Engine is. Easy, do you think those Russian like "Gaz","Lada" and western dog's car "Toyota", "Benz", "BMW" have some difference?
But what wrong when I mention to east Germany when they r good at heavy industry that can help VN become industrialized nation ??

Su-30 engine is just an example to tell u that Soviet and east Germany could help VN to become industrialized nation . From 1975 to 1990 is 15 years, and with 15 years, thats enough time for VN to achieve our goal.

But what wrong when I mention to east Germany when they r good at heavy industry that can help VN become industrialized nation ??

Su-30 engine is just an example to tell u that Soviet and east Germany could help VN become industrialized nation . From 1975 to 1990 is 15 years, and with 15 years, thats enough time for VN to achieve our goal.
No need to say from 1975 to 1990, if you say that, I also can say China can overtake USA if not having cultrual revolution or some stupid, pointless. I think you are a senior people, whatever you ask teenage in Vietnam or China now, they will open their big Eyes and look at you confusing if you say"East Germany":-) BTW, the people in East Germany hate USSR and if they want, they would come to the West Germany(you call them USA's dog), so the people in Poland, Czech, Finland even unfied Hitler to defeat USSR. Now only one Germany.

Back
Top Bottom