What's new

Vietnamese conquest of Muslim/Hindu Cham and their current situation

Hinduism as a religion was invented and created by the British. No "Hindu" called themselves a Hindu before British rule in India. There was no organized religion, just different religions dedicated to different gods. Hinduism was applied to many different cults and religions of India. The word Hindu is not even from Sanskrit or Indic languages and isn't found in Hindu holy texts. Its derived from the word "Sindhu" and as used by Muslim invaders to describe Indians.

So if Cham and Balinese Hindus are not Hindus, then neither are Hindus in Hindustan.

The Invention of the Hindu, by Pankaj Mishra

The Idea of India » Archive » A Temple Where I Begin To Understand That Neither Hindu Nor Muslim Means What We May Believe

Myth of One Hindu Religion

Souljerky: The Invention of the Hindu

The words "Hindu" and "Hinduism"

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/h_meaning.asp

NS Essay - How the British invented Hinduism

now wait a minute..are you the infamous "Faithfulguy" in another id????cause,nobody,absolute nobody can have so much BS knowledge about India...

anyway,here is the required knowledge on Hindu that you needed..

Hindu (About this sound pronunciation (help·info)) refers to an identity associated with the philosophical, religious and cultural systems that are indigenous to the Indian subcontinent. As used in the Constitution of India, the word "Hindu" is attributed to all persons professing any Indian religion (i.e. Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism or Sikhism).[1] In common use today, it refers to an adherent of Hinduism. There was no word or a mention of word 'Hindu' in any of the India's ancient scripts like Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas etc. to further reference this argument.

The term 'Sindhu' is used in Hinduism, although it is not used in the same context, and scriptures feature 'Sindhu' as part of their title; these are the Bhakti-Rsamrta-Sindhu, Nirnaya Sindhu, Dharma Sindhu, and Sindhu Jnana.
The Brihaspati Agama says:
हिमालयं समारभ्य यावदिंदुसरोवरम् ।
तं देवनिर्मितं देशं हिंदुस्थानं प्रचक्ष्यते ।।
"The land created by the gods which stretched from the Himalayas to the Indu (i.e. Southern) ocean is called Hindusthan."[3][4]
The Persian term was further loaned into Arabic as al-Hind referring to the land of the people who live across river Indus, and into Greek as Indos, whence ultimately English India.[5] By the 13th century, Hindustān emerged as a popular alternative name of India, meaning the "land of Hindus".[6]
The term 'Hindu' occurs sporadically in some 16th-18th century Bengali Gaudiya Vaishnava texts, including Chaitanya Charitamrita and Chaitanya Bhagavata, usually to contrast Hindus with Yavanas or Mlecchas.[7] It appears in South Indian and Kashmiri texts from at least 1323 CE,[8] and increasingly so during British rule. It was only towards the end of the 18th century that the European merchants and colonists referred collectively to the followers of Indian religions as Hindus. Eventually, it came to define a precisely religious identity that includes any person of Indian origin who neither practiced Abrahamic religions nor non-Vedic Indian religions, such as Jainism, Sikhism or Buddhism, thereby encompassing a wide range of religious beliefs and practices related to Sanātana Dharma.[9]

Hindu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where the hell you found British created "Hinduism"????

even wiki is enough to educate yourself..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism

A very interesting thread I shall say. A huge slap to those so-called "peace defender" who actually know nothing but yelling and spreading nonsenses, rumors such as independence of Manchu and Tibet, also rudely define other people's identity such as creating the stupid "true Han" theory.

I'm so happy.

Unfortunately to you Chinese people included the people in Zhou Dynasty also the surrendering ethnics.

Yes, Your ancestors were southerner ethnic in Zhou Dynasty, called Nan Nam in China history.

A very interesting thread I shall say. A huge slap to those so-called "peace defender" who actually know nothing but yelling and spreading nonsenses, rumors such as independence of Manchu and Tibet, also rudely define other people's identity such as creating the stupid "true Han" theory.

I'm so happy.

True Hans people living in Middle Land of China. You are Cantonese, Nan Yue Guo Pandi people, one ethnic in China, you are fake Han.

Yes, Your ancestors were southerner ethnic in Zhou Dynasty, called Nan Nam in China history.

True Hans people living in Middle Land of China. You are Cantonese, Nan Yue Guo Pandi people, one ethnic in China, you are fake Han.

How about you are a fake human and I am a true human.
I really can't stop laughing at your nonsenses, ignorance and arrogant~

南蠻 were also Chinese you silly head~*pet*
Besides my ancestors were Northerners, stupid lil' idiot really know nothing~ :yay:

Stupid low IQ out-lander doesn't know that the term of Han people have been changing for thousands year. Also Cantonese are mostly Han, silly, also Cantonese is never a ethnic, but a term of people who live in that particular region or people who speak Cantonese. I have told you many times. Your brain is really that small for simple memory. So sad:undecided:

Silly head should really stop dreaming in its own world of obscenity. :undecided:

*Sigh* A freaking outsider knows nothing, always try to change our identity, consider itself as the emperor of us, rudely telling laughable nonsenses continually. Oh meu deus that is so epic. This creature is really the funniest idiot and loser in this forum~ :yay:

I'm now going out for a nice dinner~ Why don't you take some time and post more ridiculous nonsense as usual. Don't you disappoint me when I'm back. :cheesy:

I'm so happy.
It's just remind me about Uyghur and Tibet :lol:
So, you two should happy about how many Han people was killed in those areas, Ok, that's good example for this theard. :laugh:

Vietnam has been constantly nagging and complaining about Taiwan conducting live fire drills on Taiping island. Vietnam claims the islamd but cannot do anything about it.

And look at yourself, Taiwan is China ROC, but didn't own China mainland. Why did you still hold China title, but not go to hell !?

It's just remind me about Uyghur and Tibet :lol:
So, you two should happy about how many Han people was killed in those areas, Ok, that's good example for this theard. :laugh:

Ha, funny because those terrorists in Uighur didn't only kill Han people but also Mongolian, Hui, Kazakhs and even its own ethnic. There is never a problem of ethnic conflict but simply terrorism :cheesy:, just like what the US and Russia facing with.

You got much to learn~
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ur-demographics-han-immigration-xinjiang.html

As for Tibet, freeing Tibet is one of the few good things that they CCP have ever done. The CCP solve of the trouble of the renegade of the Lamas and landlords who always chopped their own kind Tibetans' hands and dig out their eyes. Not to mention the growth of education and population of Tibetan is growing even fasting than any other ethnics in China~

Ha, funny because those terrorists in Uighur didn't only kill Han people but also Mongolian, Hui, Kazakhs and even its own ethnic. There is never a problem of ethnic conflict but simply terrorism :cheesy:, just like what the US and Russia facing with.

You got much to learn~
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ur-demographics-han-immigration-xinjiang.html

As for Tibet, freeing Tibet is one of the few good things that they CCP have ever done. The CCP solve of the trouble of the renegade of the Lamas and landlords who always chopped their own kind Tibetans' hands and dig out their eyes. Not to mention the growth of education and population of Tibetan is growing even fasting than any other ethnics in China~
So you should learn more about Vietnam's ethnic before you feel so happy anything ...

it think it is good idea for China to help Lao to have ports to ocean by providing Lao with modern weapons and equipment! Lao will be stronger and regain its land stolen by vietnom

it think it is good idea for China to help Lao to have ports to ocean by providing Lao with modern weapons and equipment! Lao will be stronger and regain its land stolen by vietnom
Can you ... !?

By 1470, the Chams had converted from Hinduism to Islam. That was the last provocation, they did before they were wiped off the map. If their children wanted to complain, than they should go go to China. They were encouraged by false hope, that China would intervene in case of Vietnam invasion.

The problem was, before the Chinese (the Ming Dynasty) could react, it was too late for the Chams. They paid a price for aggression against Vietnam.

I checked. I found the population of champ hindus is vietnam is 40,000 people and expect vietnam to give indepenence? The population of Champ Muslims isnt significally higher too. '
Sure they must be treated well, but independence is out of question

Back
Top Bottom