What's new

Vietnamese communists call for end to communism

I once heard that Vietnam was the poorest country in Asia about 20 years ago, but that they have immensely improved since then.

Is that true?

I once heard that Vietnam was the poorest country in Asia about 20 years ago, but that they have immensely improved since then.

Is that true?
Yes there are alot of improvements since then but still poor. $1500 gdp per capita is very low and there's the problem with corruption.

Yes but I prefer 1st world status than retirement country. :(

Think about this way , my tomodachi, if you go to Viet Nam for Vay Cay, your $100 bill goes a long way.

he he !

PS. I just rhymed ...lol

Think about this way , my tomodachi, if you go to Viet Nam for Vay Cay, your $100 bill goes a long way.

he he !
Well that would be good for me, but not for my people.
Though I do plan on taking advantage of this one day :dance3:

Racism happens to ALL races in America. Do you think the blacks, middle eastern, hispanics (and even white americans) don't suffer the same as Asians?

No, as a VNese I personally think VN govt reactions towards Haiyang 981 incidents were kind of "weak". Our media constantly reported about it for 2 whole months (which made many people fed up with, to the point we didn't care anymore), and then suddenly cut off. VN govt takes no action after China withdrew its rig. Of course I know the govt are trying to perform what we call "thoát Trung", litterally "shaking off China" but at least they could show some progression.

At least Vn could try to sue China like Philippines.
Are you saying those Vietcong members do this because of 981 ?

[quote="visom, post: 5994834, member: 145160"
Racism happens to ALL races in America. Do you think the blacks, middle eastern, hispanics (and even white americans) don't suffer the same as Asians?

They don't. Asian Americans are disproportionately targeted - you think those degenerates are your friends?[/quote]

Oh asians targeted the most? I guess middle-easterners living in the US shouldn't have anything to worry about then after 9/11.

Do you live in America? If so, how long?

I find Caucasian Americans more accepting than when I stayed in other countries for sabbaticals.

I draw from my own personal experience , being a Japanese national living in the United States.

Back
Top Bottom