What's new

Vietnam Tech Firm Takes On Apple & Samsung With One Of The World's Best Phone

It is a matter of competitive price and acceptable quality. Korean can supply those components (It is not core, fyi). The Korean are trying to blackmail Huawei in delaying our products relase because of the threat of Huawei chip. They also negotiate a high price on Huawei glass procurement. That's why Huawei look for Japan to even out. Our domestic firm can supply those minor component as well but they have their hand full already with so many phone players in our market, as you may have already know.

Apple strategy is correct. You don't sell cheap phones. You sell a brand. Nokia and Samsung selling all level range of phones will doom themselves one day. With Nokia first to go.

It is a matter of competitive price and acceptable quality. Korean can supply those components (It is not core, fyi). The Korean are trying to blackmail Huawei in delaying our products relase because of the threat of Huawei chip. They also negotiate a high price on Huawei glass procurement. That's why Huawei look for Japan to even out. Our domestic firm can supply those minor component as well but they have their hand full already with so many phone players in our market, as you may have already know.

In the end, the more Korean and Chinese phone brands duel it out, the more Japanese companies benefit. Its a win win for Japan. A win win for China.

A lose lose for our Kankukojin friends...

:(

Huawei has its own Kirin CPU...
I think China is working on CPU which replacing Qualcomm and memory chips mostly from Korea
For display screen, China is working on low end.
For camera, most phones use Sony camera..

Huawei are starting their own component like replacing Qualcomm processor. Sooner, more component will be replaced. This r/s will not last long.

In the end, the more Korean and Chinese phone brands duel it out, the more Japanese companies benefit. Its a win win for Japan. A win win for China.

A lose lose for our Kankukojin friends...

:(
That's why it is good to have many competing suppliers. The lesson of the day is don't try to blackmail anyone in the free-market. You must compete fair and square!

One of the many "phone vs phone" battle reviews out there for anyone interested.

iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy Note 4: Which big smartphone should you buy?

I'll just paste their final thoughts.

The Verdict
It doesn't take very long living with the Note 4 and the iPhone 6 Plus to see that these are two great big phones and arguably the best options available at the moment. The Nexus 6 will run both of these close but until we've had our hands on it, the Motorola phone can't really be considered.

Which is the best? If you are basing your purchase on design and ease of use, it's the iPhone 6 Plus. For innovation, the Note 4 is the one to go for. Samsung's phablet also promises the better battery life despite having a bigger, more demanding display. The stylus is a bonus as well if want to mix things up.

These are two phones that really grow on you the more time you spend with them and discover their strengths and weaknesses. Apple's first stab at a phablet is a good one, while Samsung's Note series just keeps on getting better.

We must know if this phone is 99% made in China.

RIght now, only Viettel and VNPT is making their own phones, even then they are just stamping their brand on it.

Even if they made lots of component, the chipset is still Taiwanese Mediatek, a "China company".

@Viet who's the owner of that said company btw? Is he from Vietnam proper ? Or is he an overseas Vietnamese ?

Nguyen Tu Quang is local Vietnamese in Vietnam. He finished his study in Hanoi University. He is also CEO for this software company.

Nguyen Tu Quang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His first success is the development the anti-viruses software BKAV in Vietnam.

instruction for user Bkav Pro 2014 - Link download Bkav Offline 2014

Congrats to this Vietnam company entering the mobile market! Well whether it is world's best or not, the entry itself is a remarkable moment.

One characteristic of this market is that the supply chain (it is quite a long value adding chain) is deeply integrated with the East Asian manufacturing hub, looking forward to a closer business tie between Vietnam, China and rest of East Asia!

RIght now, only Viettel and VNPT is making their own phones, even then they are just stamping their brand on it.

Even if they made lots of component, the chipset is still Taiwanese Mediatek, a "China company".

The B-smart phone is made in production chain in factory in Cau Giay Distric in Hanoi, Vietnam.

image-1422064634-bkav-bphone-1.jpg

image-1422064633-bkav-bphone-3.jpg

image-1422064632-bkav-bphone-2.jpg

image-1422064633-bkav-bphone-4.jpg

Smartphone của Bkav lần đầu lộ diện tại Hà Nội

All those phones have great specs. The LG G4.in particular draws my interest the most out of the group you posted.

I don't like LG due to bad experience with them in the past. I currently have a Samsung Note 3. I'm looking to upgrade what do you suggest?

Thanks for supporting made in China phone. :D
Every Samsung phone will be made in VN now. Thank You China.

Uh oh, expect Google and Apple to sue their *** though. This phone is a hybrid copy of Nexus front design and Apple Iphone 4s. LOL

4s%208gb.jpg

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I will be nice today I quite like the OPPO and Xiaomi phones.

people say viet is like a China mimic```but clueless bragging is not our nature, where did the viets get this bragging from? "P````probably an assembly of Chinese flee market parts with two giant screws``and 'takes' on I-phone and Samsung lol

With this price, you can buy Xiaomi 4 with same data but only 300 USD

Also with most popular awosome MiUI...

Probably mostly made in Shenzhen, locally final assembly in Vietnam..

Vietnam lacks the supply chain of Phone manufacturing..

What is the difference between BKAV Smartphone and locally-made cell phones in Vietnam today?

There is a huge difference. Other companies in Vietnam produce smartphones by the ODM method (original design manufacturer) under two forms. The first is ordering foreign partners, usually Chinese partners, to manufacture smartphones with their own brands. The second form is importing components and assembling under available designs.

Smartphones BKAV is researched, developed and manufactured under the OEM form (original equipment manufacturer), similar to the way of Sony, Apple, Samsung ... ie BKAV masters all stages of style design, mechanical design, electronics design, software ... This allows us to create unique products that can adapt to the constantly changing trends of technology.

In particular, we use the components as Sharp screen, Qualcomm chip or Toshiba memory... These are the components suppliers for Apple, Samsung ... Also, BKAV is the first manufacturer in Southeast Asia contracted directly to use advanced chips from Qualcomm.

One big difference is that BKAV focuses on the high-end segment, not the low-end one.

Last edited:

I don't like LG due to bad experience with them in the past. I currently have a Samsung Note 3. I'm looking to upgrade what do you suggest?

Every Samsung phone will be made in VN now. Thank You China.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I will be nice today I quite like the OPPO and Xiaomi phones.

What is the difference between BKAV Smartphone and locally-made cell phones in Vietnam today?

There is a huge difference. Other companies in Vietnam produce smartphones by the ODM method (original design manufacturer) under two forms. The first is ordering foreign partners, usually Chinese partners, to manufacture smartphones with their own brands. The second form is importing components and assembling under available designs.

Smartphones BKAV is researched, developed and manufactured under the OEM form (original equipment manufacturer), similar to the way of Sony, Apple, Samsung ... ie BKAV masters all stages of style design, mechanical design, electronics design, software ... This allows us to create unique products that can adapt to the constantly changing trends of technology.

In particular, we use the components as Sharp screen, Qualcomm chip or Toshiba memory... These are the components suppliers for Apple, Samsung ... Also, BKAV is the first manufacturer in Southeast Asia contracted directly to use advanced chips from Qualcomm.

One big difference is that BKAV focuses on the high-end segment, not the low-end one.

Qualcomm 8974 is quite an overkill for Vietnam as you guys has no LTE network. BTW I visited Cau Giay District frequently.

The Viettel and VNPT, thanks to Samsung are able to recruit quality mobile handset engineers.

I admire the Vietnamese that you guys are developing your own phone, and building your own industries.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom