What's new

Vietnam Tech Firm Takes On Apple & Samsung With One Of The World's Best Phone

I agree and disagree with you. In reality Chinese don't brag as much. But in this forum, who knows who is real Chinese or not but they are less modest.

Well you are right to some extent. It's true that in life Chinese don't brag as much as they do in this forum. In fact i will say Chinese members here are among the most boastful members on this forum (well maybe second to Indians. Lol) .
However having been to both Japan, S. Korea and China . I will say the Japanese are by far the most humble/less boastful in the region. They are very reserved and focus on perfecting what they do with excellence, something i have almost never witnessed anywhere else (except maybe apart from Germany) . It's for this reason some people tend to underestimate Japan, not knowing in almost any field you name, Japan is second to none. For example many people don't even know Japan still has the most powerful operational rocket/SLV in Asia for a while now, simply because the Japanese don't boast at all about it, they always adopt a low profile. That doesn't mean they are anywhere weak or finish as some members here think /said. lol

“World's Best Phone”, lovely Vietnamese ... :D

HuaWei Mate7 (new flagship Mate8 will launch this September), selling 2,999RMB
  1. HuaWei Kylin-925 8-core CPU (4-core 1.8GHz A15 + 4-core 1.3GHz A7)
  2. 6-inch Full HD LCD, 83% surface, 1920x1080 pixel
  3. 7.9mm thickness, all-aluminum
  4. 2GB RAM
  5. 2.4G/5G double WIFI
  6. Double SIM cards, Support FDD-LTE/TD-LTE/WCDMA/GSM Network
  7. 4100mAh high density battery
  8. Fingerprint recognition
  9. Back camera 13 million pixels, Front camera 13 million pixels
View attachment 225240
View attachment 225241
View attachment 225243
View attachment 225242

Jeez. ....it really shows how an insecure power China is, you are still comparing yourself /indulging in dick measuring contest with Vietnam? ?? Really, are you for real? o_O:disagree:

You going so low as going off topic to post your Huawei's company phones (with sourced parts from high tech Japan by the way. Lol) just to belittle Vietnam is not even funny to be honest. :disagree: compare yourself with the U. S , S. Korea, Japan etc , that will be more interesting . :enjoy:

Well you are right to some extent. It's true that in life Chinese don't brag as much as they do in this forum. In fact i will say Chinese members here are among the most boastful members on this forum (well maybe second to Indians. Lol) .
However having been to both Japan, S. Korea and China . I will say the Japanese are by far the most humble/less boastful in the region. They are very reserved and focus on perfecting what they do with excellence, something i have almost never witnessed anywhere else (except maybe apart from Germany) . It's for this reason some people tend to underestimate Japan, not knowing in almost any field you name, Japan is second to none. For example many people don't even know Japan still has the most powerful operational rocket/SLV in Asia for a while now, simply because the Japanese don't boast at all about it, they always adopt a low profile. That doesn't mean they are anywhere weak or finish as some members here think /said. lol

Jeez. ....it really shows how an insecure power China is, you are still comparing yourself /indulging in dick measuring contest with Vietnam? ?? Really, are you for real? o_O:disagree:

You going so low as going off topic to post your Huawei's company phones (with sourced parts from high tech Japan by the way. Lol) just to belittle Vietnam is not even funny to be honest. :disagree: compare yourself with the U. S , S. Korea, Japan etc , that will be more interesting . :enjoy:

.......:pop:

Congrats to this Vietnam company entering the mobile market! Well whether it is world's best or not, the entry itself is a remarkable moment.

One characteristic of this market is that the supply chain (it is quite a long value adding chain) is deeply integrated with the East Asian manufacturing hub, looking forward to a closer business tie between Vietnam, China and rest of East Asia!

You seem to be one of the very few sensible Chinese posters on here, it's always a pleasure to read your posts. :cheers:

LOL ... this time i need to say Mr Mike2000 living in a different world, not ours ... 1. Japan is out 2. China competing with U.S apple and S.Korea Samsung, current situation of smartphone developing not like ur thought. HERE U SEE ... :coffee: The truth is interesting as u said ~!

Smartphone Vendor Market Share, Q1 2015
111.jpg

Best of the best and worst of the worst: our most popular smartphone rank lists of 2014

333.jpg

China Smartphone Brand Awareness Analysis in Jan 2014

222.jpg

Top 10 Smartphone List of May 2014
555.jpg

2014.Dec China rising: Xiaomi becomes world's third biggest smartphone manufacturer
Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has leapfrogged Lenovo and LG to become the third-largest smartphone manufacturer in the world behind Samsung and Apple.

2015.Jan Apple and Samsung share No.1 smartphone vendor rank with each holding 20% market share
Apple has tied with Samsung to become the world's largest smartphone vendor in the fourth quarter, having shipped 74.5 million units across the globe.

Chinese firm Lenovo, which recently acquired Motorola from Google, was the second largest vendor with a 6.5% market share at the end of the fourth quarter, followed by Huawei with a 6.3% market share.

1432611339.gif

Last edited:

You seem to be one of the very few sensible British posters on here, it's always a pleasure to read your posts.

:cheers:

You seem to be one of the very few sensible British posters on here, it's always a pleasure to read your posts.

:cheers:
he's one of two British member. The other one is @english_man who I think is really a journalist/writer wanting to know about Chinese naval development.

:o:

His (Mike's) opinions are simplistic and exaggerated to apply to real world but good for reading.

Last edited:
What jealousy are you talking about? I replied him in kind because the fellow was using cuss word on us Indians. I expected you not to SEE this!!
I like the jealousy from a Indian, and i award u a 'Report'

In this corporate world their is no national product.
So cut the patriotic Crap out and tell me where can i buy one :p:

In this corporate world their is no national product.
So cut the patriotic Crap out and tell me where can i buy one :p:

Just got to wait for their release on their website. 8-)

“World's Best Phone”, lovely Vietnamese ... :D

HuaWei Mate7 (new flagship Mate8 will launch this September), selling 2,999RMB
  1. HuaWei Kylin-925 8-core CPU (4-core 1.8GHz A15 + 4-core 1.3GHz A7)
  2. 6-inch Full HD LCD, 83% surface, 1920x1080 pixel
  3. 7.9mm thickness, all-aluminum
  4. 2GB RAM
  5. 2.4G/5G double WIFI
  6. Double SIM cards, Support FDD-LTE/TD-LTE/WCDMA/GSM Network
  7. 4100mAh high density battery
  8. Fingerprint recognition
  9. Back camera 13 million pixels, Front camera 13 million pixels
View attachment 225240
View attachment 225241
View attachment 225243
View attachment 225242
View attachment 225256
View attachment 225257
View attachment 225258

I like the design and specs very good is the hardware all locally made or outsource from other suppliers?

FYI China been in the smartphone business much longer than Vietnam. Considering this is the first locally made high end phone its quite an achievement for a developing country not known for high tech products. This is just the beginning for VN companies to produce high tech products like high end phones.

Looks like Chinese are interested in the phone.:smitten:

快来围观越南小米长啥样 Bphone售价竟高达1000万_Techweb

I think the article is misleading as it states it is a Vietnamese phone but if you look at all the parts, they are all foreign parts. The phone is assembled in Vietnam but that does not mean it is domestically produced as the CEO claim it to be.

You will believe me if its from Chinese news right? :oops:

Feature: Vietnamese hail 1st locally-produced, high-end smartphone

English.news.cn 2015-05-27 13:01:22

HANOI, May 27 (Xinhua) -- "The debut of Bphone can be seen as a turning point in the Vietnamese technology industry," Do Tuan, an information technology worker in Vietnam's capital Hanoi told Xinhua.

The Vietnamese tech firm BKAV on Tuesday debuted its first domestic-made high-end smartphone, called the Bphone, meeting the expectations local consumers.

"This is the first time Vietnam has such a smartphone which can compete with products from other countries on the market," Tuan said.

"This is Vietnamese product, therefore, it is supposed to win over the heart of Vietnamese consumers before targeting the foreign market," Do Tuan said.

The Vietnamese BKAV claimed that Bphone's design, technical specifications and security are "on the same level" as the flagship products of Apple and Samsung.

"Today is a historic day for all Vietnamese, as a local product is on par with those from powerful countries," the BKAV CEO Nguyen Tu Quang was quoted by local Thanh Nien (Young People) online newspaper as saying at the launching ceremony on Tuesday.

Quang described Bphone's design as "one of the world's most beautiful and a luxury fashion product," adding that the design has already been patented.

Bphone runs on a BOS platform, which BKAV has customized from the Android 5.0, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB RAM, 3, 000-mAh battery, and has a 5-inch full HD display with 441 PPI, according to the company.

Bphone has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front one, BKAV said, adding that it can also film videos in the 4K resolution.

Bphone is the world's first smartphone to apply TransferJet, which is a new type of short-range wireless transfer technology and "will be the technology of the future," Quang said.

As it has been developed by a security software corporation, it is immune to viruses, junk mail and spyware, as it boasts " extremely high security technologies," Quang said.

The phone will go on sale on June 2, but it will only be available on the company's website. Its 16GB version is priced at 9.9 million Vietnamese dong (458 U.S. dollars), 64GB version at 12. 96 million Vietnamese dong (600 U.S. dollars), and the gold-plated 128GB version at 20.19 million Vietnamese dong (935 U.S. dollars).

"I feel really happy. The launching of the Bphone proves that Vietnamese IT industry has developed further in recent years," Nguyen Diep, an office worker in Hanoi said.

"I am considering buying a Bphone," Diep told Xinhua.

"This is the first high-end product of the Vietnamese IT industry. We should be proud of it," a reader commented on an article about the launch of the Bphone, posted on VNExpress, an online newspaper.

Another reader named Tran Tuan said, "It is so beautiful. I am so proud that Vietnam can make such a phone."

Established in 1995, BKAV Corporation, based in Vietnam's capital Hanoi, is a firm operating in network security, software, smartphone manufacturing and smarthome technology.

Feature: Vietnamese hail 1st locally-prouduced, high-end smartphone
- Xinhua | English.news.cn

Last edited:
There may be a reason why no one likes Chinese. They were poor and backward but when they get little bit rich theh start boasting how superior complex they are. Not only that they wish full thinking they are above all.

Back in the phone, may not be the best but its good phone. What you see how they claim world best phone is nothing but one good marketing strategy to get people attention, and it worked among Vietnamese thogh most Vietnamese aware of that. The article only translte what is from Vietnamese.

Speak about the B phone there are more innovations than many Chinese phone.
The firsg phone use transfer jet technology. While the rom use android looks similar to iOS but at least they dont blatanty copy iOS icons like Xiaomi did. Look icons it has different shape and match with the shape of the phone. Another thing is the phone very localize, there some very cool apps desing unique to that phone cater to Vietnamese. Last thing the phone respects property rights, they bought the rights and inventions from company such as Qualcom, Toshiba ...etc which different from many Chinese phones which blatantly copy or steal technology.

Huawei are starting their own component like replacing Qualcomm processor. Sooner, more component will be replaced. This r/s will not last long.
They don't use Qualcomm processors in most or almost all the phones. They use Kirin (Huawei) home made processors. Honor 6 uses Kirin too. I've read a member here who's bought an honor 6.

There may be a reason why no one likes Chinese. They were poor and backward but when they get little bit rich theh start boasting how superior complex they are. Not only that they wish full thinking they are above all.

Back in the phone, may not be the best but its good phone. What you see how they claim world best phone is nothing but one good marketing strategy to get people attention, and it worked among Vietnamese thogh most Vietnamese aware of that. The article only translte what is from Vietnamese.

Speak about the B phone there are more innovations than many Chinese phone.
The firsg phone use transfer jet technology. While the rom use android looks similar to iOS but at least they dont blatanty copy iOS icons like Xiaomi did. Look icons it has different shape and match with the shape of the phone. Another thing is the phone very localize, there some very cool apps desing unique to that phone cater to Vietnamese. Last thing the phone respects property rights, they bought the rights and inventions from company such as Qualcom, Toshiba ...etc which different from many Chinese phones which blatantly copy or steal technology.
you have two screws on the phone kid```talking about innovation lol, the battery, chips, screen and plates are all bought from China, end of story```

Just got to wait for their release on their website. 8-)

I like the design and specs very good is the hardware all locally made or outsource from other suppliers?

FYI China been in the smartphone business much longer than Vietnam. Considering this is the first locally made high end phone its quite an achievement for a developing country not known for high tech products. This is just the beginning for VN companies to produce high tech products like high end phones.

Looks like Chinese are interested in the phone.:smitten:

快来围观越南小米长啥样 Bphone售价竟高达1000万_Techweb
Here not like others,HuaWei make smartphone CPU on their products. Just watch how long this Vietnamese company can go ... in global smartphone market.

BTW China LCD screen maker:BOE, it's world 2nd biggest behind S.Korea Samsung LCD,their LCD products used on many smartphones and export.

I like Vietnamese "World's best",just let the market to prove whether true...lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom