What's new

Vietnam strategic plans for building defence capability: Facts and Analysis

@BoQ77 oi, Looking at the Wikipedia page for the Vietnamese coast guard, I see a TT-1500 ship, do you know anything about that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_Coast_Guard

8003 huh ?
7.jpg

20150422135405-dsc-0222.jpg

Last edited:
8003 huh ?
7.jpg

But if it is a ship made by Korea, is it ok to have the designation TT?

It says 8 on order, that's a bit strange.

The CSB-8003 is also on the list, actually, I uploaded those 2 Korean ships.

Official media never said it and two smaller ships are from Korea. So designation is for another purpose.

I think somebody uploaded that TT-1500 by mistake. 8 ships on order for that is very strange, nothing has been announced for that.

I think somebody uploaded that TT-1500 by mistake. 8 ships on order for that is very strange, nothing has been announced for that.

sorry, that maybe unpopular design, rumor said that's an enlarged TT-400 with 8x Kh35 and Palma-S for navy variant, coastguard variant without.

They described TT-1500 as the new high speed OPV.

The information is unclear. I never seen anything about that. Maybe that's new donation or renewal work in Hong Ha Shipyard

Last edited:
sorry, that maybe unpopular design, rumor said that's an enlarged TT-400 with 8x Kh35 and Palma-S for navy variant, coastguard variant without.

They described TT-1500 as the new high speed OPV.

The information is unclear. I never seen anything about that. Maybe that's new donation or renewal work in Hong Ha Shipyard

Man, I really like that rumor about the enlarged TT-400 with 8x Kh35 and Palma-S for navy variant, coastguard variant without. I've been waiting for an enlarged TT-400, but that's a very big enlargement, do you think its true?

Man, I really like that rumor about the enlarged TT-400 with 8x Kh35 and Palma-S for navy variant, coastguard variant without. I've been waiting for an enlarged TT-400, but that's a very big enlargement, do you think its true?

or this one ?
I'm not sure

offshore patrol vessel 72m
aluminum_patrol_boat.ashx

offshore_patrol_vessel.ashx

An honest question to our Vietnamese friend, especially you @BoQ77, would you support military base in exchange for removing of lethal weapon ban?
Your question should be: what Vietnam must do to deter Chinese clowns?

- building up a conventional creditable defence force? Yes
- establishing a nuclear umbrella? Yes
- building a nuclear strike capacity? Yes
- seeking to be a part of a security architecture? Yes
- if all above can be provided by America, then be it.

Everything else is irrelevant. Chinese are the last people on this planet that can give us any advice on national security.

Do you think if you start a war against Vietnam tomorrow, you will ask us not to defend ourselves, nor allying with other major powers?

Do you think you can play a anti America card to make things as easy as possible for you?

America and Vietnam aren't historic enemies. The war happened by mistake, miscalculation.

Last edited:

Everything else is irrelevant. Chinese are the last people on this planet that can give us any advice on national security.

Do you think if you start a war against Vietnam tomorrow, you will ask us not to defend ourselves, nor allying with other major powers?

Do you think you can play a anti America card to make things as easy as possible for you?

America and Vietnam aren't historic enemies. The war happened by mistake, miscalculation.

A VN guy living in Germany that advocating a war between his mother country and China, and even advocating a nuclear war between the two countries. That's really an impressive patriotism.

Could you just repost to the thread of below link ? Let discuss there

https://defence.pk/threads/pentagon...rictions-on-u-s-arms-to-vietnam.428585/page-4

A VN guy living in Germany that advocating a war between his mother country and China, and even advocating a nuclear war between the two countries. That's really an impressive patriotism.

back to topic lah

Vietnam need to revamped her defense industry, collaborating with other ASEAN countries like Indonesia and Singapore will greatly enhanced their needs to acquire multiple platforms in which had been suited for ASEAN conditions.

back to topic lah

Vietnam need to revamped her defense industry, collaborating with other ASEAN countries like Indonesia and Singapore will greatly enhanced their needs to acquire multiple platforms in which had been suited for ASEAN conditions.

That's true. By the way, as I read our next 3 Casa C212 aviocar aircrafts would be from Indonesia facility. Singapore agreed to provide the emergency rescue service for Vietnam subs.

That's true. By the way, as I read our next 3 Casa C212 aviocar aircrafts would be from Indonesia facility. Singapore agreed to provide the emergency rescue service for Vietnam subs.

actually it yes, 3 Cassa CN-212 i will be from Indonesia, as Indonesian PT DI had been granted as the sole manufacturer of CN-212 series. If you looking at Indonesia and Singapore defense industries, so many products and kind of cooperation can be held between the three countries as Indonesia had been in deep relationship in defense cooperation industry with Singapore. As example, Indonesia currently still in negotiation with ST to built hundreds of terrex IFV in Indonesian PINDAD facility, not to mention Indonesian PINDAD currently build HMG CQB from STK design and many other products.

So inviting in a wolf to fight off a panda?

What if the wolf and panda starts fighting in your very house with little regard to damage caused? Vietnam does not use the big powers, the big powers use Vietnam.

I´m NOT promoting a nuclear war. I am asking what VN needs to deter aggression of foreign countries. we have seen enough bloodshed and wars. we don´t need more of them. your motherland China has a long history of promoting wars and supporting our enemies against Vietnam. Don´t be hypocrite. over 5% of Vietnamese live in foreign countries. Ho Chi Minh was travelling years in the world looking for ways leading Vietnam into freedom and independence before returning to Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom