What's new

Vietnam should prepare for all scenarios in China oil spat: Party chief

Well, as long as the scale does not tip over greater than it was in Vietnam-US war, we are confident fighting China. There may not be a military victory, but a political win, just like Vietnam did with the US. Unless China is sure that it can perform better than the US did in Vietnam.

Oh and external support? We live in the world where one thing pushes other things over the other half of the globe. If one country goes to war with another, there will be at least one country support it. Same goes to the other country. Support is not always arms or foods or medical items. They can also be words and good wills. And that's much stronger than any kinds of weapons around.

US 100% will place Vietnam on embargo if you start developing nukes, bet on it. US would place it on Japan if Japan starts to develop it. Obviously unnecessary for Japan, but as of this moment it is clear, no new nuclear power period.

China probably can't do much better than US, a little better probably. But is Vietnam preparing to sacrifice millions of people and whole economy to play this game with China? We may be badly delayed due to a war, but Vietnam would be rubble.

US good intention really helped China in WW2, all that positive energy really stopped Japan at Shanghai for 3 month, and not the hundred thousand death that resulted. I don't think there will be a war, but good intentions are as pointless as a Spanish court order.

Aberdeen is a racist word?
Oh please, I read and surf enough Chinese net to know you use monkey to imply Vietnamese and sometimes Indonesian. I might be out of of date but sure enough Chinese love calling Vietnamese monkey, Japanese evil shorty or short devil and Korean stick.

US 100% will place Vietnam on embargo if you start developing nukes, bet on it. US would place it on Japan if Japan starts to develop it. Obviously unnecessary for Japan, but as of this moment it is clear, no new nuclear power period.

China probably can't do much better than US, a little better probably. But is Vietnam preparing to sacrifice millions of people and whole economy to play this game with China? We may be badly delayed due to a war, but Vietnam would be rubble.

US good intention really helped China in WW2, all that positive energy really stopped Japan at Shanghai for 3 month, and not the hundred thousand death that resulted. I don't think there will be a war, but good intentions are as pointless as a Spanish court order.

Chinese posters give too much credit for Viet ho Zi to be able to build nukes. :lol:

Well I must say our propaganda is quite effective. "Nothing is greater than independence and freedom". The govt might give in but the people won't do that easily.

About developing nuke, just as long as we don't start building one, then it's ok. Japan have nuke ready "just a screw away", and the US just leaves it as it is. Vietnam can also do the same. That's why I said as long as the US does not raise a red flag.

Well, as long as the scale does not tip over greater than it was in Vietnam-US war, we are confident fighting China. There may not be a military victory, but a political win, just like Vietnam did with the US. Unless China is sure that it can perform better than the US did in Vietnam.

Oh and external support? We live in the world where one thing pushes other things over the other half of the globe. If one country goes to war with another, there will be at least one country support it. Same goes to the other country. Support is not always arms or foods or medical items. They can also be words and good wills. And that's much stronger than any kinds of weapons around.
You mean if US says good words or wills to VIet, then you can fight well ?

We are not USA , we do not care which party rules VIet.

If some day we really fight each other , we will not send troops deep in viet. Time changes and the war style changes also.

Yeah, keep sending, we dont se that a serious threat but a good excuse to gain more support from US. Ur rig is a serious threat to US sea lane in SCS(east sea), while we only lose some fishes to u :pop:
Talk to your millions country fellows , they look like very mad about our rig.

They protested and smashed so many factories.:woot:

Making Nuke bomb without US sanction will make our people feel happy again :woot:

Making Nuke bomb without US sanction will make our people feel happy again :woot:
Yes , you can do it.

NK,IRAN,PK,INDIA, they did this under sanction.

Forget to mention China.

We did under the pressure of US and Soviet.

If you are the man , do it !

You mean if US says good words or wills to VIet, then you can fight well ?

We are not USA , we do not care which party rules VIet.

If some day we really fight each other , we will not send troops deep in viet. Time changes and the war style changes also.

As long as they don't say bad things to other countries, which can stop them from supporting us or even maintain a neutral position on the wold media, then we can fight. It's bad for the morale if Vietnam is branded the bad guy, and the US has power to do that.

Military is not so simple, and war is even more complex. We don't know what's coming until it comes.

Oh and the riot is old news already. It's been 2 months, and things are cool now. It's always hardest when things start, and the riot happened when China first brought the rig in. Now we are just building up our anger and fighting spirit, and release it on the right target, not the innocent workers and businessmen.

As long as they don't say bad things to other countries, which can stop them from supporting us or even maintain a neutral position on the wold media, then we can fight. It's bad for the morale if Vietnam is branded the bad guy, and the US has power to do that.

Military is not so simple, and war is even more complex. We don't know what's coming until it comes.

Oh and the riot is old news already. It's been 2 months, and things are cool now. It's always hardest when things start, and the riot happened when China first brought the rig in. Now we are just building up our anger and fighting spirit, and release it on the right target, not the innocent workers and businessmen.

Public opinion hegemony is important , but not critical .

So you agree with @NiceGuy about VIet only lose some fish not a big deal ?

If you do not agree , you should understand what I mean.

Yes , you can do it.

NK,IRAN,PK,INDIA, they did this under sanction.

Forget to mention China.

We did under the pressure of US and Soviet.

If you are the man , do it !
At least we can enrich uranium without US sanction now, making nuke bomb will be the next step that US should allow. After that we will kick ur @$$ out of SCS(east sea)to return the favor to US :p:

Our Govt. also agree with my idea, thats why we take no strong action to ur rig now :pop:

At least we can enrich uranium without US sanction now, making nuke bomb will be the next step that US should allow. After that we will kick ur @$$ out of SCS(east sea)to return the favor to US :p:

Our Govt. also agree with my idea, thats why we take no strong action to ur rig now :pop:

Why you need USA's permission ?

USA is your Lord or what ?

When we developed Nuke ,we needed to face US and Soiet sanction.

No strong action ?

You Gov send those boats to bump our boats and your medias cry to every foreign country or international org.

You official said "prepare the war" You say that is no strong action ?

It's more important than you think. We are in the information age. Who controls the flow of information controls the world.

I did not make sense of the conversation between you two. Human is selfish you know. I am not a fisherman so I could careless about Vietnam losing tons of fish. So I am ok with Chinese fishing ships sneaking in and stealth fishing in our sea. But I am not ok with China bring in the oil rig to drill away the oil, and use warships and heavy ships to establish a zone to prevent our fishermen from fishing. China established a 10 nm zone, but they pushed our ships back as far as 20nm, and the farest was 40nm. Also their fishing ships havest as hard as they could, totally destroy those fishery farm. How could I not be angry? How could any Vietnamese not be angry?

No strong action ?

You Gov send those boats to bump our boats and your medias cry to every foreign country or international org.

We don't need US permission. We need US to not raise any red flag.

When you developed nuke, did the US actually put any sanction on you? They were busying racing arms with USSR and helping rebuilding their allies. Wasn't China doing "sitting on the mountain, watching two tiggers fight" at that time?

Our offical said "prepare for any cases, even war. Though we will try our best to avoid it." That's what he said. Unlike China we haven't moblized our army or navy yet.

So why US dont ban VN for enriching uranium on our soil too while even their best Asian ally Japan can not enrich it ?

We will get sanction without USA's permission , if US stop trading with us, then our economy will be in big trouble coz VN-China trade is reducing now.
No strong action ?

Just ship ramming, we dont shoot u yet . When we have nuke bomb, we will sink ur rig and ships:pop:

Last edited:
Please VN first eating litchi .
20.gif

Back
Top Bottom