What's new

Vietnam´s Foreign Affairs

Expected deals or MoU's during this visit.

1.Additional blocks for oil drilling.

2.Setting up IT economic zones in Vietnam by Indian IT gaints like Tata.

3.Expanding our military training exercise & permenent birth rights for IN ships.

4.May be Bharmos sale possibly.

All the above is my guess,please ignore if im wrong.

Expected deals or MoU's during this visit.

1.Additional blocks for oil drilling.

2.Setting up IT economic zones in Vietnam by Indian IT gaints like Tata.

3.Expanding our military training exercise & permenent birth rights for IN ships.

4.May be Bharmos sale possibly.

All the above is my guess,please ignore if im wrong.

India is trust worthy partner of Vietnam, as I know that after 1954 India was president of Committee for supervision on ceasefire after Vietnam won on France Colonial. The constructive role of India in region from long time is highly appreciated in Vietnam. :tup:

India should focus more and invest in ASEAN. Economic, diplomatic and strategic relations with them will go long way. Its a huge market and can turn out as important allies in the region.

India should focus more and invest in ASEAN. Economic, diplomatic and strategic relations with them will go long way. Its a huge market and can turn out as important allies in the region.

Yeh, Vietnam sees India as a friend and a strategic ally. Indeed the Vietnamese government supports India
# in the Look East policy (ASEAN)
# in the bid for permanent member of UNSC
# in inscreasing military/naval presence in the SCS
# in strenghten economic footprint in the region (including oil/gas drillings in the SCS within Vietnam´s EEZ)

India should take the historic chance. Don´t be afraid before China.

@Viet I don't think India will be afraid of China, it didn't back down when US was forcing India to cut Iran oil import. India has independent foreign policy but I think China can make India come to its terms by offering India more. Quid Pro Quo works for countries like India and China, threatening and warning don't work.

But looking at current Indian posture regarding Vietnam, I don't think India will change its relations with Vietnam if China proposes something worthy. Vietnam and SCS has its own importance and it can't be replaced. Oil and natural resources is what India needs for its energy hungry economy and Vietnam is a better bet. Its not only economic but strategically important ally of India which makes Vietnam a separate case.

See, Vietnam and other developing countries in ASEAN are a ripe market for India and its companies. Their strategic location is need of India considering China's increasing naval presence in IOR and growing ties with Indian neighbors like Maldives. If they are in our backyard, we have to be in theirs.

So, its just not the economic benefits only but a long strategic benefit too. One way Vietnam can get more support from other countries is making favorable policies for India, which got huge support from various other countries especially countries who are in face off with China, like Japan and other SCS countries. More is presence of Indian investment in Vietnam, more India will be tilted towards Vietnam.

In International politics, there are no friends or foes. Just national interest.

And currently its in national interest of both countries, India and Vietnam, to have better ties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vietnam as a midget country has very few friends in this world of giants,India could be one to fill this void.

Vietnam as a midget country has very few friends in this world of giants,India could be one to fill this void.

Well, no doubt Vietnam is a small country, too small compared to your China, not only in terms of size and population, but also economic and military. It is not a fair game. We need other to hedge your influence and hegemony. No need to blame or laugh on us.

If you were Vietnam, I guess, you would do the same.

Yeh, Vietnam sees India as a friend and a strategic ally. Indeed the Vietnamese government supports India
# in the Look East policy (ASEAN)
# in the bid for permanent member of UNSC
# in inscreasing military/naval presence in the SCS
# in strenghten economic footprint in the region (including oil/gas drillings in the SCS within Vietnam´s EEZ)

India should take the historic chance. Don´t be afraid before China.

Vietnam is only friendly country for India in SCS region, so We will definitely stand with our friend.

Welcome to India, President of Vietnam.

Hope some big deals are signed and both nations can help each other in developing economy and strategy.

Long live Indo-Vietnam friendship :cheers:

@Viet I don't think India will be afraid of China, it didn't back down when US was forcing India to cut Iran oil import. India has independent foreign policy but I think China can make India come to its terms by offering India more. Quid Pro Quo works for countries like India and China, threatening and warning don't work.

But looking at current Indian posture regarding Vietnam, I don't think India will change its relations with Vietnam if China proposes something worthy. Vietnam and SCS has its own importance and it can't be replaced. Oil and natural resources is what India needs for its energy hungry economy and Vietnam is a better bet. Its not only economic but strategically important ally of India which makes Vietnam a separate case.

See, Vietnam and other developing countries in ASEAN are a ripe market for India and its companies. Their strategic location is need of India considering China's increasing naval presence in IOR and growing ties with Indian neighbors like Maldives. If they are in our backyard, we have to be in theirs.

So, its just not the economic benefits only but a long strategic benefit too. One way Vietnam can get more support from other countries is making favorable policies for India, which got huge support from various other countries especially countries who are in face off with China, like Japan and other SCS countries. More is presence of Indian investment in Vietnam, more India will be tilted towards Vietnam.

In International politics, there are no friends or foes. Just national interest.

And currently its in national interest of both countries, India and Vietnam, to have better ties.

You get the point: it is all about national interests, first and foremost. Among these interests Vietnam and India share one common goal: contain China. All the moves are part of a strategic game.

But unlike Japan, Vietnam shares a land border with China. That makes us very vulnerable, so we cannot afford to anger China much. Actually we have no choice but balance our interests with those from the Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:
86.jpg

Friends forever :tup:

Back
Top Bottom