What's new

Vietnam: Guam Governor comes knocking

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
This thread is especially dedicated for @jhungary and @NiceGuy, who fights for supremacy over the Guam island. As per US 2010 Census, 337 Vietnamese are living on Guam, so the day is not far, when Vietnamese take over the control...by peaceful means of course.

Guam also hosts the Andersen Air Force Base, home of the US strategic bombers: B-52, B1- and B-2, now being a bit famous because N. Korea threatens to attack.

:lol:

Guam Governor comes knocking

Tuong Thuy | vir.com.vn | Mar 21, 2013 10:00 am

guam.jpg

Guam Governor Eduardo Calvo led a business mission to Ho Chi Minh City on March 17-21 to promote outbound investment, travel, tourism and education from Vietnam.

During his meetings with city chairman Le Hoang Quan and business leader, Calvo highlighted areas of cooperation between his island state and Ho Chi Minh City in particular and Vietnam in General.

He stressed that Guam in the Pacific Ocean was a great investment, travel and education destination for Vietnam.

“Guam is the American soil in Asia. Guam is also where America’s day begins. We’re very excited here today,” he said at a full-day workshop March 21.

The US 2010 Census showed 337 Vietnamese living on Guam. Calvo, during his meetings in Ho Chi Minh City, introduced Jennifer Ada Mai Anh of Vietnamese origin as the Guam Ambassador at Large, who represents Guam in Vietnam. She is a southern Vietnamese who speaks Vietnamese like a local.

Guam is only eight hours flight time from Vietnam compared with 24 hours or more to mainland USA. The carriers flying to Guam include United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Philippine Airlines, Korean Air, Japan Airlines, Jin Air, China Airlines and Eva Air.

The island’s population is just 155,000. Because Guam is located in the tropical zone, its weather is similar to Vietnam in a way, according to Calvo.

guam-governor-eddie-baza-calvo-fifth-from-right-vietnamese-ambassador-at-large-jennifer-ada-mai-anh-third-from-left-with-a-visiting-delegation-from-thanh-nien-newspaper-in-guam-632149-guam.jpg

Guam governor Eddie Baza Calvo (fifth from right), Vietnamese ambassador at large Jennifer Ada Mai Anh (third from left)

a-pho-restaurant-in-guam-632149-pho-guam.jpg

A pho restaurant in Guam

Last edited by a moderator:
b52koa_3_20070920.jpg

B-52 takes off from Guam

254411-B-52_flying_over_clouds.jpg

B-52 bomber - able to carry nuclear weapons - starts from Guam, flying mission to S Korea

B52weapons.jpg

a B-52 can carry 20 nukes: six Air Launched Cruise Missiles, four B-61-7 bombs, two B-83 bombs, six Advanced Cruise Missiles, and eight Air Launched Cruise Missiles.

So what is this thread, a dream to occupy Guam and use the bombers there for your personal use?
And I'm just saying, not here to offend anyone, but what is the point of this "supremacy" for Guam?
I doubt Vietnam would control Guam.

So what is this thread, a dream to occupy Guam and use the bombers there for your personal use?
And I'm just saying, not here to offend anyone, but what is the point of this "supremacy" for Guam?

Nope; this thread is about Planes and People (of whom some happen to be Vietnamese) in Guam.
No way that USA is ceding control of Guam to anybody. Guam is destined to be an American Colony in perpetuity. Luckily Pilipinas did not suffer that fate.

337 Vietnamese living in guam is really a small percentage, on a 157,000 population. Japanese do actually influence Guam more than the American themselve.....

Contrary to many believe. Most of the Guam resident are native chamarro (did i spell that right??)

It is nearly impossible for US to cede Guam, they hold our biggest non tenanted Airfield outside the US. Andersen AFB is a support base that act as a mid-way refueling station and repair depot to other Naval and Air Force asset in the area.

Long story short. Only stupid people will think they can blockade guam. We successfully supply berlin from the air, why in the hell we would not do it, when the time come, to Guam?? Oh wait, they will then say our fighter and interceptor is useless....

@jhungary

I think you take things too serious. Who will invade Guam? Maybe Vietnamese tourists. LOL.
That may be the reason why the governor has chosen a Vietnamese as ambassador at large.

Come on. You and Niceguy can visit Guam, order "Pho" and make peace.

:pop:

LOL the thread is ironic...Not Vietnam but N. Korea is the threat.

I've had a lot of Vietnamese food and the stuff I've had is simply amazing. I think I've had all that stuff listed in that restaurant.

My favorite: Bun Bo Hue

You guys know how to eat well.:tup:
This place was near where I lived:

Pho+Bich+Nga+Vancouver.jpg

It was a bit of a local landmark due to its name.

Too many GOOFY people making foolish comments here. First of all, please educate yourself about the status of Guam. @Capt.Popeye Guam is not a US colony, Guam is a US Territory which is technically one rung lower than a US State. Being a US Territory, it takes a US Visa to visit Guam by foreigners as a tourist. The people of Guam hold a US passport when they go overseas. They cannot vote in US elections as long as they are in Guam, but can vote in US elections if they are in mainland US.

Guam has an Air Force Base ( Andersen AFB ) and a Naval Base. Anyone trying to blockade Guam must have a death wish as they will feel the full force of US military might within minutes.

I know Guam very well as I lived there for couple of years. Beautiful Island with great Scuba diving spots.

is fhu vietnamese, I did not even know that because most restaurent sell it as chinois cuisine. I thought something was wierd because usually chinois cuisine is not spicy as beef fhu( :) ) though I live in small city so that is the only outlet. Small question in vietname are there other types of fhu aside from beef because that is only kind you get and is super expensive too($14)?

Also to the topic at hand, is vietnam increasing ties with overseas US territory?

I have no intention to troll on this issue.

If anyone believe they can take Guam from us then so be it, does not mean it's going to be true.

Guam is technically a US protectorate. It is counted as a oversea territories of the US. It have it's own governing government. Technically people in Guam is US National but not a US citizens. Hence they do not have the federal voting right.

But still, it is United States soil nonetheness, you have to be stupid to want to mess up with US like this.

is fhu vietnamese, I did not even know that because most restaurent sell it as chinois cuisine. I thought something was wierd because usually chinois cuisine is not spicy as beef fhu( :) ) though I live in small city so that is the only outlet. Small question in vietname are there other types of fhu aside from beef?

Pho or Phở is a traditional Vietnamese crusine

In Vietnam, it represent a range rice noodle with soup with variety of meat, while in the rest of the world it mostly signified Beef Rice noodle (Beef Pho by default).
So, in Vietnam, if you ask for Pho, you most likely ended up the keeper look at you with a question mark. In other country if you order a pho, the keeper will ususally give you a Beef Pho instead.

Back
Top Bottom