What's new

Vietnam fooling no one in maritime dispute

According to Vietnam’s VTV, these fishermen have just returned from a trip in waters around China’s Nansha and Xisha Islands. Despite their humble harvest, they say they’ll continue to fish in those areas.

"Normally we get money from the government. For example, if we go to Nansha and Xisha islands, we get our oil money paid." Vietnamese fisherman said.
VTV is a state-run media corp. Can anyone believe they put up such things like that to Vietnamese? Chinese propaganda at its finest.

The 2 bold paragraphs, the first one is true, the second one is Chinese propaganda. There are rumors but no official statements. And China does the same too, don't deny that.

jiaozhi is a province name that china gov. assigned the place, not an independent entity.
Yeah, then ancient Vietnamese gained independence and change that to "Van Xuan" (ten of thousands springs).

China continues using tricks to slander Vietnam

Chinese ships on June 12 continued to encircle and cut off Vietnamese Fisheries Surveillance vessels and then retreat in order to photograph and film misleading footage aimed to make it look like they were being rammed by Vietnamese ships.

20140613075407-tau-ca-jpg-ashx.jpeg

According to the Vietnam Fisheries Resources Surveillance Department, throughout the day, China maintained the presence of a large number of coast guard vessels, cargo ships, tugboats and warships around the oil rig Haiyang Shiyou-981, which is illegally stationed in Vietnam’s exclusive economic zone and continental shelf.

About 35 fishing ships from China, backed by its coast guard vessels, kept interrupting and driving away Vietnamese fishing boats which were operating normally in Vietnam ’s traditional fishing grounds about 40 nautical miles from the rig.

Meanwhile, forming circles about 7 – 8 and 9 – 11 nautical miles from the rig, China’s coast guard and cargo ships gathered together and aggressively prevented Vietnamese ships from approaching.

Despite China ’s aggressive acts, with water cannons and ramming always threatened, Vietnam’s Fisheries Surveillance and fishing ships persistently stayed at the area to continue their duties and normal activities.

At the beginning of May, China illegally dispatched the rig Haiyang Shiyou-981 as well as a large fleet of armed vessels, military ships and aircraft to Vietnam’s waters and positioned it at 15 degrees 29 minutes 58 seconds north latitude and 111 degrees 12 minutes 06 seconds east longitude, 80 miles deep inside Vietnam’s continental shelf and exclusive economic zone.

On May 26, Chinese ships sank a fishing boat belonging to Da Nang fishermen operating in the traditional fishing grounds near Vietnam’s Hoang Sa archipelago.

On June 1, Chinese ships seriously damaged ship 2016 of the Vietnam Coast Guard, causing holes on its side.

On June 7, Chinese ships deliberately rammed into Vietnam ’s fisheries surveillance ship KN-635, causing more damage.

VNA/VNN

hi, friends, this is not slander, but corrections over endless lies from viet
China continues using tricks to slander Vietnam

Chinese ships on June 12 continued to encircle and cut off Vietnamese Fisheries Surveillance vessels and then retreat in order to photograph and film misleading footage aimed to make it look like they were being rammed by Vietnamese ships.

20140613075407-tau-ca-jpg-ashx.jpeg

According to the Vietnam Fisheries Resources Surveillance Department, throughout the day, China maintained the presence of a large number of coast guard vessels, cargo ships, tugboats and warships around the oil rig Haiyang Shiyou-981, which is illegally stationed in Vietnam’s exclusive economic zone and continental shelf.

About 35 fishing ships from China, backed by its coast guard vessels, kept interrupting and driving away Vietnamese fishing boats which were operating normally in Vietnam ’s traditional fishing grounds about 40 nautical miles from the rig.

Meanwhile, forming circles about 7 – 8 and 9 – 11 nautical miles from the rig, China’s coast guard and cargo ships gathered together and aggressively prevented Vietnamese ships from approaching.

Despite China ’s aggressive acts, with water cannons and ramming always threatened, Vietnam’s Fisheries Surveillance and fishing ships persistently stayed at the area to continue their duties and normal activities.

At the beginning of May, China illegally dispatched the rig Haiyang Shiyou-981 as well as a large fleet of armed vessels, military ships and aircraft to Vietnam’s waters and positioned it at 15 degrees 29 minutes 58 seconds north latitude and 111 degrees 12 minutes 06 seconds east longitude, 80 miles deep inside Vietnam’s continental shelf and exclusive economic zone.

On May 26, Chinese ships sank a fishing boat belonging to Da Nang fishermen operating in the traditional fishing grounds near Vietnam’s Hoang Sa archipelago.

On June 1, Chinese ships seriously damaged ship 2016 of the Vietnam Coast Guard, causing holes on its side.

On June 7, Chinese ships deliberately rammed into Vietnam ’s fisheries surveillance ship KN-635, causing more damage.

VNA/VNN

you know what, viet media has involved into a new stage, liar maker, the word, propaganda, cannot well characterize its nature now.

VTV is a state-run media corp. Can anyone believe they put up such things like that to Vietnamese? Chinese propaganda at its finest.

The 2 bold paragraphs, the first one is true, the second one is Chinese propaganda. There are rumors but no official statements. And China does the same too, don't deny that.

Yeah, then ancient Vietnamese gained independence and change that to "Van Xuan" (ten of thousands springs).

Last edited:
hi, friends, this is not slander, but corrections over endless lies from viet

you know what, viet media has involved into a new stage, liar maker, the word, propaganda, cannot well characterize its nature now.
As propaganda tool, they are doing China a favor by talking bad about their own govt, is that what you are saying? And you expect anyone to believe that? Even a child never say bad things about him/herself, then why would the offical media of Vietnam says bad things about Vietnam itself?

And you heard that through CCTV, a Chinese state-run media, and actually believed in such a ridiculous simple lie. Now that's what I call propaganda.

And you heard that through CCTV, a Chinese state-run media, and actually believed in such a ridiculous simple lie. Now that's what I call propaganda.

If you check the video, CCTV directly reports from VTV's actual footage.

You seem to have shot yourself in the foot. Too much trick often leads to un-called-for mistakes. You staged way enough tricks, beliving that you can fool everybody.

You seem to have shot yourself in the foot. Too much trick often leads to un-called-for mistakes. You staged way enough tricks, beliving that you can fool everybody.
Which video, source please. Preferable with Vietnamese clip sound so I can translate it to you.

CCTV is lying as normal.

CCTV is lying as normal.

If VTV is a liar, then CCTV is a bigger liar, litterally.

viet gov. and its brainwashed people with poor reputation has already lost the right to evaluate what the liar is.

-------------------------
Viet nam PM sent an official diplomatic letter to admit that xisha and nansha belonged to china, then later made a face-to-face lie to swallow his words letter by letter.
ha, ha, CCTV is master, big master in lying.

viet gov. and its brainwashed people with poor reputation has already lost the right to evaluate what the liar is.

-------------------------
Viet nam PM sent an official diplomatic letter to admit that xisha and nansha belonged to china, then later made a face-to-face lie to swallow his words letter by letter.
Ok, I am brainwashed, but I still have logic here with me. Don't go off topic yet. Video source, please(<-I am asking nicely).
And tell me your logic to believe VTV would bad-mouth its own govt.

If VTV is a liar, then CCTV is a bigger liar, litterally.

Check out the original post. It says "allegedly." So, the burden of proof falls on VTV from which CCTV quotes. CCTV, apparently takes the VTV news with a pinch of salt.

a thief should keep a low profile, not like your viet with a camera who impolitely break into neighbor's yard.
the host can do whatever he want to do to teach the unwanted thief a good lesson.
Ok, I am brainwashed, but I still have logic here with me. Don't go off topic yet. Video source, please(<-I am asking nicely).
And tell me your logic to believe VTV would bad-mouth its own govt.

a thief should keep a low profile, not like your viet with a camera who impolitely break into neighbor's yard.
the host can do whatever he want to do to teach the unwanted thief a good lesson.
similar to people committing crimes , filming the scene and put it on the net to indict themselves, A very foolish move by our Vietnamese neighbor

Back
Top Bottom