What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Let's see what we, the poor VPA got in term of air defense and anti ship weapon in our naval and navy bases...

This
nga-ban-thanh-ly-s300ps-va-co-hoi-cua-viet-nam.jpg

This
tenlua_15.jpg

This
vi-sao-viet-nam-van-chua-dat-mua-ten-lua-brahmos.jpg

This
sa13_1_soha_vn-1e484.jpg

Annnnnnnnd...this. A CIWS just like your awesome Millennium

qua-vui-suc-manh-tau-chien-gepard-39-moi-ve-viet-nam-hinh-7.jpg

Yo Smarty @Reashot Xigwin You still didn't answer my questions about those ratios,... What are the worse ratios : the Iraqi war 1991 with 300 coalition soldiers killed vs 25-50 000 Iraqi soldiers killed or Iraqi 2003 war with 200 US soldiers killed vs 10-45 000 killed or the Viet Nam war ratio ? LOL

war bween VN-ID will not happen in near future, so the armies will not be used. It'd better to show that u can have a better coast guard ships than VN.

Of course u cant cos ID guard ships r too small, thats why we can arrest ID offiers as easy as kid

The dick want war talk and he shall have his war talk. I'm going to teach this motherfcker not to overstay his welcome in our thread.

The dick want war talk and he shall have his war talk. I'm going to teach this motherfcker not to overstay his welcome in our thread.
haha let him talk, talk is cheap... He believe so much his army just like those PLA lovers, they believe money and training can buy combat experience and teaching a nation to accept huge human losses and misery.

Yo Smarty @Reashot Xigwin You still didn't answer my questions about those ratios,... What are the worse ratios : the Iraqi war 1991 with 300 coalition soldiers killed vs 25-50 000 Iraqi soldiers killed or Iraqi 2003 war with 200 US soldiers killed vs 10-45 000 killed or the Viet Nam war ratio ? LOL

To him, Indonesian National Revolution has the best kill ration of all :)
45,000 to 100,000 dead Indo to around 7,300 dead Dutch + Brit. A ratio between 6 : 1 and 13 : 1. Awesome kill ratio for the Indo. Kudos to he Indonesian Army for dying like that.

To him, Indonesian National Revolution has the best kill ration of all :)
45,000 to 100,000 dead Indo to around 7,300 dead Dutch + Brit. A ratio between 6 : 1 and 13 : 1. Awesome kill ratio for the Indo. Kudos to he Indonesian Army for dying like that.
The Dutch is a small army with limited air power and limited resources but still manage to do huge damage... You like your ratio 1 vs 13 el smarty @Reashot Xigwin
Imagine Indo Military VS US army with their air power and all their firepower (arty, navy, ect), it will be 50 indo deads vs 1 US dead, 100 VS 1? LOL

And the Indo army are only willing fight when they outnumber their opponents by 10 to 30, bravely is the motto of Indo army so we will never see that happen...LOL

Last edited:
The Dutch is a small army with limited air power and limited resources but still manage to do huge damage... You like your ratio 1 vs 13 el smarty @Reashot Xigwin
Imagine Indo Military VS US army with their air power and all their firepower (arty, navy, ect), it will be 50 indo deads vs 1 US dead, 100 VS 1? LOL

And the Indo army are only willing fight when they outnumber their opponents by 10 to 30, bravely is the motto of Indo army so we will never see that happen...LOL
They should feel happy cos there is a big sea bween VN-ID. If we share land border, then ID would be just like another Pol Pot and lost all water to VN:laugh:

Actually ID is losing the disputed water to VN now as they guard ships simply cant Guard :laugh:

More Sukhoi of the Vietnam People Air Force return from oversea after receiving upgrades.

54190784_2077550522367897_1903704826152222720_n.jpg

Ok my mistake, forget my proposition then :) You must be a total dick

I read all of your links but guess what...NO-ONE-DIED-YET.

Once again, your brain fail to take the factor of BLOODSHED into account. You ramble on and on and on about tyranny in Vietnam but have Vietnamese dissidents actually died/got tortured/got shot in real life and not in your pathetic imagination? "Disappearances" ? Guess what: people that go against the government in Indonesia disappear all the time as well and I have their name, places and period. Want to hear them instead of appropriating vague claim you got from a quick google search? You police and military pull all kind of stunt there but guess what Indonesian blood is so cheap that other Indonesian simply don't give a damn.

And no we don't have Area 51 in Vietnam but we use it to so that even monkeys with basic brain could comprehend the phrase "military secrecy". "Tactical reason for using social media"...right... right...as in "The Papua rebels receive training from the US Navy SEAL and have ultra modern rifles. That is the reason why our elite Kopassus got toasted in a firefight against them"

Correction. People still hate your army, you simply fail to notice them :) Want to prove my point? Go to Papua and scream "The TNI is the most loved institution in the country". Guess how long does it take for someone to beat you to death for that kind of claim.

"everybody already know"? Who know beside you ? Sources, please. Wait. YOU HAVE NONE. Let's check out key points again:
  • Indonesia is not the world and as if your onion represent the world
  • You claim that we hold older vehicles in service to make us look bigger? That is funny coming from a country that still hold in service AMX-30, PT-76, BTR-40, BTR-50, Alvis Saladin,...and count everything toward their total amour vehicle.
  • I must emphasize something: STOP WITH THE EVERYONE. The world give one fck about Indonesia, ok? You believe that all of your analyses are correct but where are the numbers? The pictures? The collaborations from experts? YOU HAVE NOTHING.
There is a old saying in my country when we deal with lawyers that could not present actual proof in court but keep speculating and waste everyone time: STOP BARKING LIKE A DOG, GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR NOVELIST CAREER. I think that saying suit you perfectly :)

Again, you are SPECULATING. You have "common senses" of an amateur that know nothing about the VPA combat history, let alone present accurate analyses about our combat power. So your opinion mean JACK-S-H-I-T. Indonesian budget for the army? 8.18 billion US dollar in 2017. The Vietnam People Army? 7.8 billion US dollar and that was from 2013. Please, don't assume that our army always perform worse than you as Indonesia is the one that experience troubles with terrorists and rebels, not us. FIELD PERFORMANCE is always the deciding factor while judging the ability of an army. Period.

"If it ain't broke, why fix it?" You guys also died in droves back in the fight against the British and the Dutch, remember? Our system got refined through ACTUAL wars, not hunt for small times rebels. Sure we take experience, supplies and equipment from the Chinese and the Soviet but don't tell you me you Indonesian manage everything without aid from the West in the last century? Because that would be hilarious.

And sure, a brave squad of Indonesian sallies out without having to report to anyone only come back in 3 coffins. Great :b

Again, no number to compare but hey, more fun fact: VPA, an army that receive less fund than dogs in the TNI manage to keep peace in Vietnam while TNI soldiers fail to do the same in Indonesia. In fact, TNI let their beloved country ravage by terrorists, rebels, pirates,... for decades after decades.

So does that mean: TNI dog>VPA>TNI soldiers. What would you call soldiers that perform worse than someone that receive less fund than dogs? TNI soldiers (including the Kopassus) equal DOG-SHIETS, perhaps?

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are different export variants. T-72s for Iraq are inferior to T-72s for East German. Vietnam is a long time partner of Russia so we get far better stuff than ordinary customers like Indonesia.As if Russia is willing to sell you good stuff when you ask to pay for the purchase with palm oil. PALM. OIL. LOL. You have any plan to trade Indonesian cows for future purchases? Because we have spare cows in our ranches and we could sell them to you for a cheap price.

Moreover, don't tell me your air force is as good as the Israeli when it come to air defense suppression because you guys don't have actual SAM to practice mock attacks. You guys don't even have specialized anti-radiation missiles to targets our radar. AS IF YOUR PLANE COULD SURVIVE PUSHING THROUGH OUR SAM UMBRELLA.

"You think?" No your opinion is TRASH. In war, we talk about real capability, you don't "think". You have no SAM. you have no anti ship missile. You have no experience in air defense suppression.

Conclusion: YOU HAVE ZERO CHANCE OF WINNING OVER OUR BASES, either airbase or navy base.

Good, an aerial slaughter require some audience after all. After we finish with your jets, maybe we would feel kind enough to let the Indonesian Navy fish the wet, dejected and crumbling Indonesian pilots our of the water. However, we might feel a bit evil and promptly finish everything through a salvo of anti ship missiles. Afterward, we shall ransom their rotten bodies back to Jakarta and get more money to get more stuff to kill more Indonesian in the future. The war would go on until the Papua overthrow your government, sign us a peace treaty and the Vietnamese go home happy and our pockets filled with cash.

I guess the part of PRISONERS DYING ON YOUR GOVERNMENT WATCH is not considered death. Meaning they have been tortured or neglected. Indonesia went through democratic reformation relatively bloodless.

Arresting someone without due causes for suspicisson to do harm to people or the state is a right all nations have. Vietnam however abused that right by arresting human rights advocates & bloggers by the hundreds & abusing them in prison.

I will give you links to HRW. A reputable sources if you can't trust an organization dedicated on human rights than its your problem not mine:

Nguyen Danh Dung, a blogger, has been forcibly disappeared since his arrest in December 2016. A former political prisoner and high-profile blogger, Truong Duy Nhat, who fled to Bangkok to seek asylum in mid-January mysteriously disappeared in Thailand on January 26 and has not been heard from since. His disappearance evokes the case of a former oil company executive and asylum seeker, Trinh Xuan Thanh, who was kidnapped by Vietnamese government officials in Germany and forcibly returned to Vietnam in July 2017.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/03/04/eu-press-vietnam-rights-record

At the UPR session, Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Le Hoai Trung claimed that Vietnam ensures for everyone “the right to be treated equally before the law” and access to defense counsel. Instead, the criminal justice system is an arm of state oppression, with limited access to lawyers and unfair trials. Defense lawyers have inadequate time to prepare for politically motivated trials and to present their cases in court. Most trials for national security offenses last less than a day, and some are over in two hours.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/02/01/vietnam-hanoi-misleads-un-rights-record

This is just the political prisoner.
https://www.hrw.org/tag/vietnam-political-prisoners

BTW I notice you no longer said your country are better at human right than mine. So I take it I finally convinced you?

Depends on which part of papua. Other half hate us, other half love us. The situation in papua is a lot more complex & that will take too much time to explain the nuances of the issue.

This came from a person (I assume. Or am I speculating here too without evidence?) that speculate the VCP never arrested someone for singing or torture. Despite overwhelming evidence from numerous right groups. How is it right for you to speculate, but I can't? The hypocrisy is strong with you & when was the last time the VPA have any field performance? Speaking of military history:

https://id.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operasi_Pembebasan_Sandera_Mapenduma

Long story short a joint operation between police & military in the highland of papua managed to save 25 researchers, teachers & medic. And freed villages of around a thousand people from the OPM.

Of this type of "field performance there's more. They just don't have it in english.

& If you talking about exercises then yes we have more than yours, in far larger scale & complexity.

Just search youtube tni natuna 2018 exercise if the video doesn't work.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov&cshid=1552756131857

"Minulyo informed that substance of the exercise includes decision making, preparation and training, and commanding military campaigns and joint operations.

The exercise will also include training on several operations, such as air surveillance operations, tactical intelligence, special force operations, air support, air force base takeovers, joint naval operations, amphibious operations, air travel, administrative landing, territorial and joint land operations"

Vietnam doesn't have this type of exercise in this scale. TNI roles are more complex than the VPA. Given that our budget are far more minuscule than yours. The TNI level of professionalism are quite good actually.

Our old junks can actually still be used. Vietnamese junks are just there to pad the numbers & some are not in working orders to maintain appearance because of communism or whatever reasons. Learn the difference.

Russia or in this case the soviets have been trading commodities for weapons for years & you're supposed to be their "ally" in the region.

You know a quick wiki search at TNI should tell you we have sams & ashm. I've been studying the VPA for years (how do you think I know which tank rounds you guys will be getting & how vietnam isn't being honest about their record keeping.) the least u can do is google it. Or did they ban it in your country?

Guess which country rank below us?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index

Last edited:
You are fcking pathetic, you know that? Well, let shiet hit the fan once more time

I guess the part of PRISONERS DYING ON YOUR GOVERNMENT WATCH is not considered death. Meaning they have been tortured or neglected. Indonesia went through democratic reformation relatively bloodless.

Arresting someone without due causes for suspicisson to do harm to people or the state is a right all nations have. Vietnam however abused that right by arresting human rights advocates & bloggers by the hundreds & abusing them in prison.

I will give you links to HRW. A reputable sources if you can't trust an organization dedicated on human rights than its your problem not mine:

Nguyen Danh Dung, a blogger, has been forcibly disappeared since his arrest in December 2016. A former political prisoner and high-profile blogger, Truong Duy Nhat, who fled to Bangkok to seek asylum in mid-January mysteriously disappeared in Thailand on January 26 and has not been heard from since. His disappearance evokes the case of a former oil company executive and asylum seeker, Trinh Xuan Thanh, who was kidnapped by Vietnamese government officials in Germany and forcibly returned to Vietnam in July 2017.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/03/04/eu-press-vietnam-rights-record

At the UPR session, Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Le Hoai Trung claimed that Vietnam ensures for everyone “the right to be treated equally before the law” and access to defense counsel. Instead, the criminal justice system is an arm of state oppression, with limited access to lawyers and unfair trials. Defense lawyers have inadequate time to prepare for politically motivated trials and to present their cases in court. Most trials for national security offenses last less than a day, and some are over in two hours.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2019/02/01/vietnam-hanoi-misleads-un-rights-record

This is just the political prisoner.
https://www.hrw.org/tag/vietnam-political-prisoners

BTW I notice you no longer said your country are better at human right than mine. So I take it I finally convinced you?

Depends on which part of papua. Other half hate us, other half love us. The situation in papua is a lot more complex & that will take too much time.

This came from a person (I assume. Or am I speculating here too without evidence?) that speculate the VCP never arrested someone for singing or torture. Despite overwhelming evidence from numerous right groups. How is it right for you to speculate, but I can't? The hypocrisy is strong with you & when was the last time the VPA have any field performance? Speaking of military history:

THE WORD. MY FRIEND. THE WORD. All I see are "disappearance" cases, not "dead", "die", "dying".... in all of the sources you posted. Before, I intentionally avoided sources that talk about "disappearance of dissidents" in Indonesia as i felt they were too vague. Could they simply hide somewhere? Is there a chance they might be held in Indonesian prisons? But if you claim that "disappearance" automatically mean death then I'm more than willing to toss you 1,001 articles that talk about such cases in Indonesia. I take that such people all dead then?

For the fcking last time, get it memorize: Human right situation in Vietanm is WAY better than Indonesia. Name me 1 "dissident" from Vietnam that ACTUALLY wind up DEAD and I would agree with with whatever bullshiet you speak of next. "Disappearance" is not going to cut it. But if you implies that "disappearance" equal death then I could come to the conclusion that FAR MORE people in Indonesia ended up in a body bag than I anticipated, excluding the number of people that already got shot to dead on the street.

Btw, which half of people in Papua love you guys? The half that contains Indonesian that come from the central government and their Papuan lackeys or the half with ordinary Papuan that simply with for independence? You have annexed the place for more than 3 decades, such a division indicate poor efforts in reconciling the region. That mean SUCK A-S-S performance from the TNI again.

"A joint operation between police & military in the highland of papua managed to save 25 researchers, teachers & medic. And freed villages of around a thousand people from the OPM"

Uhm..That's it? A rescue operation? That is the only proof that prove your military is of quality? VPA officers would laugh at that as it nothing near the complex of operations they mounted in Cambodia and Thailand borders.

You see: Field performance is judged through effectiveness. In counter terrorist, your success is decided by how you effectively neutralize all terrorists. To simplify things for you, imagine that you house if full with rats. You could kill hundreds of them but more are popping up every day. Want to prove that you good at killing rats? Then you must kill them all, plain and simple.

Your claim that your army is superb when it comes to field performance? Then why for the last 2 decades, Indonesia is ravaged by terrorists attacks and rebels? Is it the job of the TNI to keep their citizen safe? How long does it take until the killing end? 3 million-dollar questions for you and you almighty army there.

Just search youtube tni natuna 2018 exercise if the video doesn't work.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov&cshid=1552756131857

"Minulyo informed that substance of the exercise includes decision making, preparation and training, and commanding military campaigns and joint operations.

The exercise will also include training on several operations, such as air surveillance operations, tactical intelligence, special force operations, air support, air force base takeovers, joint naval operations, amphibious operations, air travel, administrative landing, territorial and joint land operations"

Vietnam doesn't have this type of exercise in this scale. TNI roles are more complex than the VPA. Given that our budget are far more minuscule than yours. The TNI level of professionalism are quite good actually.

Yeah, big words there. Sadly, we have done the same since the 1970s . But guess what, we have fcking LOAD of experience compared to the Indonesian regarding combine arm operations, coordination between brands of service,... Proof? We manage to pacify Khmer Rouge, destroy their bases in Thailand and defense of our northern border against a rather "unstable neighbor". What Indonesians have to brag about the military history of their army? Yea, NOTHING. Except the kill ratio of 13 : 1 which is actually hilarious from my view

And please, your military budget is only exceed us by 13.5 %. As if that is enough to surpass the ACTUAL difference in military experience.

"Professionalism"? Professional enough to shoot at unarmed protesters then?

Our old junks can actually still be used. Vietnamese junks are just there to pad the numbers & some are not in working orders to maintain appearance because of communism or whatever reasons. Learn the difference.

Again. NO. FCKING. SOURCE. Your junks look like they are about to fall apart, especially the BTRs. You keep them around to brag that you have a huge number of operational vehicle. Period. Name one thing that the VPA field that no longer movable. T-34, Su-100, ASU-85,... Stuff like that roll around just fine but if you look at Wikipedia, Global Firepower and sources like that, they don't include such vehicles and we are fine by that.

"Or whatever reason"?...The vagueness in your claims just reach a whole new level with that phrase...

Russia or in this case the soviets have been trading commodities for weapons for years & you're supposed to be their "ally" in the region.

Yes, Vietnam is an ally that either pay cash or take credit from foreign banks to finance arm purchases. We don't beg Russia, Israel, Belarus, South Korea,... to take palm oil for weapon. I mean if it's crude oil then I guess that could pass but palm oil. FCKING. PALM. OIL. SERIOUSLY? What next? Cow? Sheep? Pig? What the hell is that kind of barter system?

You know a quick wiki search at TNI should tell you we have sams & ashm

Already done that. In fact, I even spent time to google translate to look for sources in Indonesian in case there are some new developments.

The result? NOTHING. You guys have Man portable surface to air misses plus 1 single mobile missile system (Rapier, NASAMS 2 and TD-2000B) plus auto cannon in term of air defense. Those are hardly suffice in a war with VPAF which is armed to the the teeth with long range air to surface missiles as well as anti-radiation missiles and ECM pods. Your anti ship category fare better but the number is minimal to make an impact. The situation is already grave if you are on the defensive but to attack first? Let's see:
  • No anti-radiation missiles
  • No bunker-buster ammunition
  • No specialized ECM pod for air suppression duty

Yeah, your chance to successfully attack our airbase and navy base is comparable to the chance that you might become an expert analysis of military affair employed by the Indonesian government.

I've been studying the VPA for years (how do you think I know which tank rounds you guys will be getting & how vietnam isn't being honest about their record keeping.)

I HIGHLY doubt that claim. Time and again, you come up with various error that prove you know NOTHING about Vietnam, let alone an expert about the Vietnam People Army. Which tank rounds we will receive? Please, those thing are all over the Internet and believe me once I say those are merely SPECULATIONS.

the least u can do is google it. Or did they ban it in your country?

I believe this is the third time you Indonesian come up with that kind of stupid A-S-S question. Solid proof that you know nothing about us, Mr. Expert.

Oh you want go with that, how about this:
Vietnam.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/vietnam/terrorism
Although there’s little history of terrorism in Vietnam, attacks can’t be ruled out. You should be aware of the global risk of indiscriminate terrorist attacks which could be in public areas, including those visited by foreigners.

There’s a heightened threat of terrorist attack globally against UK interests and British nationals, from groups or individuals motivated by the conflict in Iraq and Syria. You should be vigilant at this time.

Indonesia
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/indonesia/terrorism
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Indonesia. Terrorist groups have the capacity and intent to carry out attacks at anytime and anywhere in the country. Types of attacks have included suicide bombings and small-arms fire, targeting public and crowded places.

The threat from Islamist extremism remains high, though the Indonesian authorities continue to disrupt attack planning, including arresting alleged terrorists reportedly in the advanced stages of preparation.

On 14 May 2018 there was an explosion at a security post of police headquarters in Surabaya, causing a number of deaths and casualties.

On 13 May 2018 there were explosions at three churches in Surabaya in East Java causing a number of deaths and casualties.

On 24 May 2017 there were bomb explosions at the Kampung Melayu bus station in east Jakarta. Three police officers were killed.

On 14 January 2016 a terrorist attack took place near the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan M.H. Thamrin in central Jakarta. The attack included a number of explosions and gun battles. Eight people died and a number were injured, including foreigners.

Small-scale attacks occur on a regular basis and further incidents are likely. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by foreigners. Beach resorts, bars and restaurants, hotels, markets, shopping malls hosting major international brand outlets, tourist attractions, places of worship, foreign embassies, polling stations, ferry terminals and airports are all potential targets. Indonesian government, law enforcement interests and places of worship are regularly targeted by extremists. Western interests are also at risk.

Be vigilant and take care at all times. You should regularly review your security arrangements and be particularly vigilant during holiday periods including the Christmas and New Year period, Chinese New Year, Nyepi (Balinese New Year), Easter, Ramadan, local elections and Independence Day (17 August) which can be a time of heightened tension and increased risk.

There is a risk of kidnapping at sea in and around the waters of Indonesia. This risk is higher in the Sulu and Celebes seas.

The long-standing policy of the British government is not to make substantive concessions to hostage takers. The British government considers that paying ransoms and releasing prisoners increases the risk of further hostage taking.

There is considered to be a heightened threat of terrorist attack globally against UK interests and British nationals, from groups or individuals motivated by the conflict in Iraq and Syria. You should be vigilant at this time.

It seems that your report regarding terrorist risk is a WEE BIT LONGER than us in the eyes of the Brit, eh?

Btw, I find something hilarious, I want to share it to you.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-i...battlegrounds-as-elections-loom-idUKKBN1QU0AQ

"Almost every day, “Janda”, a self-described Indonesian housewife with 2,000 Twitter followers, dispenses lifestyle tips, complains about city life, and praises how the government of President Joko Widodo has improved her life as a young mother."

"But Janda the housewife does not exist. The Twitter account’s real owner is an unmarried middle-aged man who offers political social media services backing Widodo’s re-election campaign."

"“Our battleground is social media. The content we are making for the election is reaching at least a million people per week,” said the owner of the Janda account, declining to be named because his work is legally in a grey area."

"Three buzzers directly involved in the current campaign described how they operate hundreds of personalized social media accounts each on behalf of the candidates. One denied propagating fake news, while two said they didn’t care about the accuracy of the content."

"On a recent afternoon in Jakarta, one buzzer team leader scrolled through two mobile phones that had over 250 Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, YouTube and Twitter accounts, each with a fake persona. He updated five of them with posts praising Widodo’s achievements or mocking Prabowo and his running mate"

Well....I guess that is a good way to earn money from politician. You could hook me up to that? I'm VERY good at picking up dirt in people profile.

Last edited:
May have already been posted

an interesting picture of Vietnam integrated air defense

upload_2019-3-17_15-29-30.jpeg

R60 air to air missiles

upload_2019-3-17_15-42-5.jpeg

7 Su30 line up for take off to a patrol

upload_2019-3-17_15-45-54.jpeg

You are fcking pathetic, you know that? Well, let shiet hit the fan once more time

THE WORD. MY FRIEND. THE WORD. All I see are "disappearance" cases, not "dead", "die", "dying".... in all of the sources you posted. Before, I intentionally avoided sources that talk about "disappearance of dissidents" in Indonesia as i felt they were too vague. Could they simply hide somewhere? Is there a chance they might be held in Indonesian prisons? But if you claim that "disappearance" automatically mean death then I'm more than willing to toss you 1,001 articles that talk about such cases in Indonesia. I take that such people all dead then?

For the fcking last time, get it memorize: Human right situation in Vietanm is WAY better than Indonesia. Name me 1 "dissident" from Vietnam that ACTUALLY wind up DEAD and I would agree with with whatever bullshiet you speak of next. "Disappearance" is not going to cut it. But if you implies that "disappearance" equal death then I could come to the conclusion that FAR MORE people in Indonesia ended up in a body bag than I anticipated, excluding the number of people that already got shot to dead on the street.

Btw, which half of people in Papua love you guys? The half that contains Indonesian that come from the central government and their Papuan lackeys or the half with ordinary Papuan that simply with for independence? You have annexed the place for more than 3 decades, such a division indicate poor efforts in reconciling the region. That mean SUCK A-S-S performance from the TNI again.

"A joint operation between police & military in the highland of papua managed to save 25 researchers, teachers & medic. And freed villages of around a thousand people from the OPM"

Uhm..That's it? A rescue operation? That is the only proof that prove your military is of quality? VPA officers would laugh at that as it nothing near the complex of operations they mounted in Cambodia and Thailand borders.

You see: Field performance is judged through effectiveness. In counter terrorist, your success is decided by how you effectively neutralize all terrorists. To simplify things for you, imagine that you house if full with rats. You could kill hundreds of them but more are popping up every day. Want to prove that you good at killing rats? Then you must kill them all, plain and simple.

Your claim that your army is superb when it comes to field performance? Then why for the last 2 decades, Indonesia is ravaged by terrorists attacks and rebels? Is it the job of the TNI to keep their citizen safe? How long does it take until the killing end? 3 million-dollar questions for you and you almighty army there.

Yeah, big words there. Sadly, we have done the same since the 1970s . But guess what, we have fcking LOAD of experience compared to the Indonesian regarding combine arm operations, coordination between brands of service,... Proof? We manage to pacify Khmer Rouge, destroy their bases in Thailand and defense of our northern border against a rather "unstable neighbor". What Indonesians have to brag about the military history of their army? Yea, NOTHING. Except the kill ratio of 13 : 1 which is actually hilarious from my view

And please, your military budget is only exceed us by 13.5 %. As if that is enough to surpass the ACTUAL difference in military experience.

"Professionalism"? Professional enough to shoot at unarmed protesters then?

Again. NO. FCKING. SOURCE. Your junks look like they are about to fall apart, especially the BTRs. You keep them around to brag that you have a huge number of operational vehicle. Period. Name one thing that the VPA field that no longer movable. T-34, Su-100, ASU-85,... Stuff like that roll around just fine but if you look at Wikipedia, Global Firepower and sources like that, they don't include such vehicles and we are fine by that.

"Or whatever reason"?...The vagueness in your claims just reach a whole new level with that phrase...

Yes, Vietnam is an ally that either pay cash or take credit from foreign banks to finance arm purchases. We don't beg Russia, Israel, Belarus, South Korea,... to take palm oil for weapon. I mean if it's crude oil then I guess that could pass but palm oil. FCKING. PALM. OIL. SERIOUSLY? What next? Cow? Sheep? Pig? What the hell is that kind of barter system?

Already done that. In fact, I even spent time to google translate to look for sources in Indonesian in case there are some new developments.

The result? NOTHING. You guys have Man portable surface to air misses plus 1 single mobile missile system (Rapier, NASAMS 2 and TD-2000B) plus auto cannon in term of air defense. Those are hardly suffice in a war with VPAF which is armed to the the teeth with long range air to surface missiles as well as anti-radiation missiles and ECM pods. Your anti ship category fare better but the number is minimal to make an impact. The situation is already grave if you are on the defensive but to attack first? Let's see:
  • No anti-radiation missiles
  • No bunker-buster ammunition
  • No specialized ECM pod for air suppression duty

Yeah, your chance to successfully attack our airbase and navy base is comparable to the chance that you might become an expert analysis of military affair employed by the Indonesian government.

I HIGHLY doubt that claim. Time and again, you come up with various error that prove you know NOTHING about Vietnam, let alone an expert about the Vietnam People Army. Which tank rounds we will receive? Please, those thing are all over the Internet and believe me once I say those are merely SPECULATIONS.

I believe this is the third time you Indonesian come up with that kind of stupid A-S-S question. Solid proof that you know nothing about us, Mr. Expert.

Oh you want go with that, how about this:
Vietnam.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/vietnam/terrorism
Although there’s little history of terrorism in Vietnam, attacks can’t be ruled out. You should be aware of the global risk of indiscriminate terrorist attacks which could be in public areas, including those visited by foreigners.

There’s a heightened threat of terrorist attack globally against UK interests and British nationals, from groups or individuals motivated by the conflict in Iraq and Syria. You should be vigilant at this time.

Indonesia
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/indonesia/terrorism
Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Indonesia. Terrorist groups have the capacity and intent to carry out attacks at anytime and anywhere in the country. Types of attacks have included suicide bombings and small-arms fire, targeting public and crowded places.

The threat from Islamist extremism remains high, though the Indonesian authorities continue to disrupt attack planning, including arresting alleged terrorists reportedly in the advanced stages of preparation.

On 14 May 2018 there was an explosion at a security post of police headquarters in Surabaya, causing a number of deaths and casualties.

On 13 May 2018 there were explosions at three churches in Surabaya in East Java causing a number of deaths and casualties.

On 24 May 2017 there were bomb explosions at the Kampung Melayu bus station in east Jakarta. Three police officers were killed.

On 14 January 2016 a terrorist attack took place near the Sari Pan Pacific Hotel and Sarinah Plaza on Jalan M.H. Thamrin in central Jakarta. The attack included a number of explosions and gun battles. Eight people died and a number were injured, including foreigners.

Small-scale attacks occur on a regular basis and further incidents are likely. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by foreigners. Beach resorts, bars and restaurants, hotels, markets, shopping malls hosting major international brand outlets, tourist attractions, places of worship, foreign embassies, polling stations, ferry terminals and airports are all potential targets. Indonesian government, law enforcement interests and places of worship are regularly targeted by extremists. Western interests are also at risk.

Be vigilant and take care at all times. You should regularly review your security arrangements and be particularly vigilant during holiday periods including the Christmas and New Year period, Chinese New Year, Nyepi (Balinese New Year), Easter, Ramadan, local elections and Independence Day (17 August) which can be a time of heightened tension and increased risk.

There is a risk of kidnapping at sea in and around the waters of Indonesia. This risk is higher in the Sulu and Celebes seas.

The long-standing policy of the British government is not to make substantive concessions to hostage takers. The British government considers that paying ransoms and releasing prisoners increases the risk of further hostage taking.

There is considered to be a heightened threat of terrorist attack globally against UK interests and British nationals, from groups or individuals motivated by the conflict in Iraq and Syria. You should be vigilant at this time.

It seems that your report regarding terrorist risk is a WEE BIT LONGER than us in the eyes of the Brit, eh?

Btw, I find something hilarious, I want to share it to you.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-i...battlegrounds-as-elections-loom-idUKKBN1QU0AQ

"Almost every day, “Janda”, a self-described Indonesian housewife with 2,000 Twitter followers, dispenses lifestyle tips, complains about city life, and praises how the government of President Joko Widodo has improved her life as a young mother."

"But Janda the housewife does not exist. The Twitter account’s real owner is an unmarried middle-aged man who offers political social media services backing Widodo’s re-election campaign."

"“Our battleground is social media. The content we are making for the election is reaching at least a million people per week,” said the owner of the Janda account, declining to be named because his work is legally in a grey area."

"Three buzzers directly involved in the current campaign described how they operate hundreds of personalized social media accounts each on behalf of the candidates. One denied propagating fake news, while two said they didn’t care about the accuracy of the content."

"On a recent afternoon in Jakarta, one buzzer team leader scrolled through two mobile phones that had over 250 Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, YouTube and Twitter accounts, each with a fake persona. He updated five of them with posts praising Widodo’s achievements or mocking Prabowo and his running mate"

Well....I guess that is a good way to earn money from politician. You could hook me up to that? I'm VERY good at picking up dirt in people profile.

Once again its your problem if you can't trust hrw or the unhcr or even your own citizens for that matters.

Really your country won't let you vote or protest & that's better how again? If you willing to trade freedom for security you deserves neither. This is why I never understand the viet slave mentality. No indonesian would want their country to be like vietnam, but vietnamese would want vietnam to be democratic.

How many time should I tell you. Your jungle is nothing compared to papuan jungle. It's a an air lift operation, a high altitude rescue in the most inhospitable jungle involving 2 branches & hundreds of personnel where everything can go wrong. There's no vietnamese equivalent & the last operations you have were in the 1970s meanwhile all indonesian operations haven't be declassified yet.

Speaking of counter terrorism we have the best CTU in the region. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecon...force-has-become-a-model-for-the-region-97368

I swear you just keep getting dumber & dumber. If TNI wanted to kill all the "rats" it would have done so already. The same reason why there's still a vietnam is because the US doesn't want to exterminate all of you. TNI mission in the region is to assist the local governor & maintain order in nduga. That's it.

The VPA budget is to maintain its large standing army & hardware. The Indonesian army is to maintain a small but effective force. We paid, trained, fed & equipped our soldiers better than yours. VPA is an army composed mostly of peasants there's not single shred of professionalism in any of their soldiers.

Most of your aad are concentrated up north, this is however not the case in the south where there are less aad to handle. The S300 is not going to change anything Contrary to popular belief aad are actually not that hard to avoid especially a russian made one. Cause they were not made to make a sharp maneuver like the patriot missiles.

Sharp turn maneuver, countermeasure from flares to chaff, ECW the indonesian f-16s can be equipped with a pod & I think there's more. Remember we have better pilots & better planes than yours.

We don't need to inflict a devastating blows or a bloody nose attack just enough to make sure vietnam disappeared from the natuna sea & sues for peace.

Vietnam being given mango is already god given. If Russia doesn't even give their REAL ally india their best rounds what hope you can possibly have? Also politically speaking giving vietnam a tank round that can actually harm china newer tank is a no brainer. This is just a simple process of elimination.

Once again its your problem if you can't trust hrw or the unhcr or even your own citizens for that matters.

Really your country won't let you vote or protest & that's better how again? If you willing to trade freedom for security you deserves neither. This is why I never understand the viet slave mentality. No indonesian would want their country to be like vietnam, but vietnamese would want vietnam to be democratic.

How many time should I tell you. Your jungle is nothing compared to papuan jungle. It's a an air lift operation, a high altitude rescue in the most inhospitable jungle involving 2 branches & hundreds of personnel where everything can go wrong. There's no vietnamese equivalent & the last operations you have were in the 1970s meanwhile all indonesian operations haven't be declassified yet.

Speaking of counter terrorism we have the best CTU in the region. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecon...force-has-become-a-model-for-the-region-97368

I swear you just keep getting dumber & dumber. If TNI wanted to kill all the "rats" it would have done so already. The same reason why there's still a vietnam is because the US doesn't want to exterminate all of you. TNI mission in the region is to assist the local governor & maintain order in nduga. That's it.

The VPA budget is to maintain its large standing army & hardware. The Indonesian army is to maintain a small but effective force. We paid, trained, fed & equipped our soldiers better than yours. VPA is an army composed mostly of peasants there's not single shred of professionalism in any of their soldiers.

Most of your aad are concentrated up north, this is however not the case in the south where there are less aad to handle. The S300 is not going to change anything Contrary to popular belief aad are actually not that hard to avoid especially a russian made one. Cause they were not made to make a sharp maneuver like the patriot missiles.

Sharp turn maneuver, countermeasure from flares to chaff, ECW the indonesian f-16s can be equipped with a pod & I think there's more. Remember we have better pilots & better planes than yours.

We don't need to inflict a devastating blows or a bloody nose attack just enough to make sure vietnam disappeared from the natuna sea & sues for peace.

Vietnam being given mango is already god given. If Russia doesn't even give their REAL ally india their best rounds what hope you can possibly have? Also politically speaking giving vietnam a tank round that can actually harm china newer tank is a no brainer. This is just a simple process of elimination.
Ok just a theoretical scenario: you say Vietnam is weak, how do you want to shoot down Vietnam’s high flying bombers or counter attacks of ballistic missiles if Indo airdefense only has AA guns?

upload_2019-3-17_16-7-37.jpeg

Can AA gun shoot down GPS guided land attack missile?

upload_2019-3-17_16-15-14.jpeg

What a fcking persistent bastard you are. I give you that.

I trust them enough to use their reports. I simply don't give credit to your speculations. "Disappearance in Vietnam" equals death? Then how about "Disappearance in Indonesia"? Once again, you fail to produce solid evidence that someone actually DIED in Vietnam while I could provide TONS of sources that indicate indiscriminate killings/abuses of power take place around the clock in Indonesia.

And you call yourself an E-X-P-E-R-T lol. Vietnamese have the right to vote, to protest and to decide their fate. If we kept doing things in the old way, we would have ended up like the Soviet Union long ago. KEY DIFFERENCES there. "Trade freedom for security"? Guess what:Indonesian have neither FREEDOM nor SECURITY. Don't fool yourself: Anti-government protesters in Indonesia got shot while rebels run amok. Moreover, it's funny for us to be called "slave" by someone that annexed lands and enslave other ethics.

Sound impressive, still can't hold a candle to Vietnam operations in Cambodia :) Have you guys ever attacked strong points while under attacked by heavy artillery, aircraft and thousands of well armed rebels? Google "Vietnam-Thailand Border Skirmishes" to see how dismal the scope of your "rescue operation" is.

B-E-S-T? As in "has the best chance at failing miserably" time and gain? See this: If you are so good at fighting terrorists, government of other countries would not have to put up TONS of warnings regarding terrorists threat in Indonesia. Logic, mate.

And I'm certain that you just got full retard with that absurd claim. "We are so good at killing terrorists but we simply want to maintain order and shiet so we keep letting the terrorists attack us every now and then". Is that claim sound like it comes from an qualified E-X-P-E-R-T? In counter terrorists, you kill every terrorist as soon as possible, no exception. Any kind of excuses you use to refute that rule is B-U-L-L-S-H-I-E-T, plain and simple. NO ONE like to have terrorist in their country so if you have some terrorists running around then there are 2 possibilities: Either you guys SUCK at counter terrorists or Indonesia DELIBERATELY allow the terrorists to do so. Take your pick.

Speaking about Vietnam War, the only thing that the US stop from using is nuclear weapon. They already threw at us things that would make the average Indonesian wet their pant. Now I'm not claim that the US Armed Forces lack firepower. However, they simply fight the wrong war against the wrong people with the wrong strategy. Nowadays, people often talk about Vietnam War as a proof that the US occasionally go into wars without a clear "exit strategy" in mind. Iraq would be the prime example by the way.

Again, FIELD PERFORMANCE. You feed your soldiers better than us? You give you troops more weapon than us? You train your troops more rigorously than us? Then they must have performed better than us, right?

Sadly, the TNI fails HORRIBLY considering the investment that go into them. Brag about your equipment, brag about your "rescue operation", brag about "giant inter-service exercises",...but that cannot change one fact: Half of the worlds still issues warning to their citizen regarding terrorist risks in Indonesia. That means people from other countries simply don't believe that your army is able to do J-A-C-K-S-H-I-E-T to maintain order across the country.

You call us peasant army? Well our peasant army know not to shoot our unarmed protesters. Could you say the same about your "professional" troops? Oh being trigger happy is a trait of professionalism in the TNI?

"Because it's Russian" is not a plausible excuse to play down risk from AA and SAM. Remember that while we concentrate our army in the north, every division in the VPA possesses organic SAMs. In fact, many bases in the South have deep SAM umbrella to shield important installations near the coast so fat chance you guys could push through without dying in droves.

Oh please, your F-16s are still Block 32+ Standards A/B and C/D. Those aircraft came into being back in 1980s. They are at least 3 decade old. Without upgrades, as if they could carry modern day gears for air suppression duty. That is IF you have something for that kind of duty. Again, don't think, either name the shiet you have or accept the fact that you have nothing at all. Period.

"Better planes and better pilots"? Eh, I don't think people are willing to sell you good stuff if you intend to pay them with palm oil. Just saying. Pilot skills? Have you pilot receive training from people that actually shoot down planes? We went tango with the US Air force for decades, not mention that we are a long time ally of Russia. As if we could lose to you guys in pilot training.

A while ago, you claimed that you guys could leisurely "annihilate every viet base in southern Vietnam" at the drop of a hat but now you just want us to get out of natuna? That seems to be a DRAMATIC drop from your earlier claims, right? Good luck holding up to that kind of dream lol.

• Your ships could not reach us without being engaged by shore missiles, submarine and surface warships
  • Your jet could not reach us without being engaged by SAMs, autocannon and of course, VPAF Sukhoi fighter
  • Your guys have nothing good for air suppression duty, let alone base-killing weapons.
Conclusion: Indonesian could barely scratch bases in Vietnam. Your chance of dealing critical damages is second to none.

India and Russia are allies in the international stage but they are also competitors in weapon market. It's understandable that Russia might not want to give India the best thing they have but both countries nonetheless cooperate from time to time, namely the Brahmos project which Vietnam already secured a few dozens examples the last I heard. But Vietnam? As if we could endanger Russia position when it comes to exporting weapon. That is why the odds are good that Russia might be willing to offer us quality stuff. In the case they are unable to give us the best thing they have in their service then whatever they give us still could not be as crappy as you Indonesian hope to be. Who would buy from Russia if all they give for their long time allies are crappy stuff? Again, logic.

Once more time, I have to remind you that you are an amateur. The "process of elimination" you come up with has an EXTREMELY low credibility. Without CONCRETE collaborations from TRUE EXPERTS that have better insights, your claim is nothing but TRASH.

P.S: While Russia is willing to sell weapon, the bear seems to prefer hard currencies over palm oil. So I dare SPECULATE that Su-35 for Indonesian would be equal the quality of palm oil you guys send :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom