What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

please stop, what type vpa body armor use? using western style like CIRAS, FSBE plate carrier or russian style 6b43?

Depend on what units you want to talk about:
Naval Infantry use Israel-made vest and helmet

Vietnam1_soha.vn-1b34f.jpg

Vietnam2_soha.vn-0d58d.jpg

Regular Force use domestic mass-produced vests.

mat-chongdan.jpg

1356_viet-nam-che-tao-ao-giap-chong-dan-sung-tieu-lien-ak-47-Hinh-10.png

mat-chongdan2.jpg

Finally, annual call up of reservist use captured American made flak jackets.

mu-chong-dan-cua-quan-doi-viet-nam-chiu-duoc-dan-9mm_13129663.jpg

Depend on the latest report from SIPRI, it seem that the deal regarding Indian-made boats might experienced some hiccups.

lkas2jf.png

0ISgHoW.png

Here is what I want you to do: Take those key words you list, put "Indonesia" next to them and search the phrase online. See how many result come up? P.S: I already did that so don't try to bullshiet your way out of this. In the case you are too lazy, here are some links

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-releases/indonesia-set-carry-out-14-unlawful-executions-tonight
http://www.etan.org/news/2011/11faleopayne.htm
https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/268976.pdf

"You can get arrested for not singing a song correctly" ? Oh wait, it sound familiar somehow...Oh that shiet just happen a couple of weeks ago in Indonesia. Can I claim that you guys also use "draconian laws" as you prosecute people for signing an anti-military song?

Yes, according to ME, Vietnam is PARADISE compared to Indonesia as NO ONE have died yet. There is a reason why murder is one the hideous crimes in modern laws. There is no way IN Hell a country that kill people indiscriminately could claim to have a "relatively strong human right". We keep going back and forth over this issue so try to get this this through your fcking thick skull of your.

YOU KILL PEOPLE. I HAVE PROOFS WITH THE WORD "KILL" IN THEM.
WE DON'T KILL PEOPLE. HAVE PROOF THAT SHOW OTHERWISE? SHOW IT.

You have a hard time comprehending HUMAN words? I already said Vietnamese have the right to object government decision. We simply choose to do that through various channels before resorting to mass protects. In Indonesia? Sure, you could protest at will. It just that sometime, Indonesian soldiers + polices might shoot protesters to death, that's all.

Awesome "foundation of human rights" you got there.

War never changes. Experiences from an old war always provide good knowledge. But for an army that got massacred with a ratio between 6 :1 and 13 : 1, there is indeed nothing to learn from old veterans.

It seem that you are born stupid. See: How could you measure the effectiveness of an army? Do you measure by counting the number of exercise and the expense that go in it? Or you take a good look at its ability to maintain orders in the country?

VPA is inactive, lazy and simply act like a bum? Then why the heck is there is no terrorists around in Vietnam? We have more than 50 ethics, 8 major religions with dozens of conflicting thoughts, not to mention that we are located in a zone know for ongoing insurrection. So by your logic, Vietnam would have been ravaged by terrorists attacks for YEARS.

But guess what: VPA NEVER let an terrorist attack occur. Why? We simply fight things that have to be fought. Period. In Indonesia, the military focus on hosting exercise and bragging about their might. That is the REASON why for decades, Indonesian have to live alongside terrorists. Unless there are major changes, your children and their grandchildren would also have to live knowing that some jack A-S-S might blow them up in heartbeat, all because the military fail to set things right.

Have you seen the annual parades of the New Iraqi Army before the ISIS attacks? They showcase top of the line weaponry, things that only cold hard dollars could afford. But once ISIS sweep over, the Army disinterested into the wind. Sure, Indonesia might have fancy stuff in the military but in the end, what Indonesian want is ORDER. An Army that fail to maintain ORDER means NOTHING.

Btw, I don't want to hear your fcking words, I want a god damn source that claim you guys "trounce" the Australia Air Force. Stimulation reports, flight logs, ..whatever, just throw me some proofs. Unless that it happens to belong solely to your IMAGINATION again as with the "rotten VPAF Su-27".

What happen in Christchurch, New Zealand is a typical "lone wolf" attack. While it's indeed possible to claim that it's a terrorist attack, I personally think that it's a mass shooting motivated by hatred against Muslim, similar to what happen in schools in the United States.

BUT, and this is a big BUT, what currently happen in Indonesia is far more different than New Zealand. You guys have ACTIVE insurrections. New Zealand? They have no rebel. That means the Indonesian army must perform better than the NZ at stopping terrorist attacks. Sadly, the performance of your military is simply a BIG disappointment. For the last 2 decades, how many months manage to pass by in Indonesia without a terrorist attack?

My idea stand the same: The duty of an army is to protect its people, maintain order and secure the land. An army that is REPEATEDLY fail to accomplish these tasks, no matter how "fancy" it appears, is an army of JOKERS. Period.
Sorry I just return from taking my "efficient" break.

Again can you defend your argument even the part where you indirectly defends slavery?

Indonesians is not under an illusions that our country are perfect but you actually are under the illusion that your country are better than us. I don't need to give evidences & reasons that indonesia is a perfect human right model but you do & so far you have not convinces me that indonesia is worse than vietnam.

The girl that got arrested actually sang praise for the army/country. She just sang it poorly. Makes you wonder what would happen if she actually sang something that insult the army & it was bad?

Again using your argument that means vietnam AA defense can easily be bypassed considering the VPA cannot stop the american from bombing the ever living shit out of you during operation rolling thunder. So yeah thanks for the vote of confidence.

Again your argument is flawed. There's a thing called a negative peace. Vietnam is perfect example of negative peace. Peace at the expense of justice & freedom. While vietnam maybe peaceful in the surface its not a real peace. That's why vietnam rank below us in the peace index.The job of the army is not to maintain order. That's the job of the police. So again using public order as a measuring stick for the armed forces is extremely flawed that nobody serious ever uses it for actual argument. Go ahead use it somewhere else everybody will laugh at you. Even if its so there are far more worse offenders.

The VPA haven't seen combat since the 70s & they lack modern equipments, techniques & training to actually make them effective in 21st century warfare. So yeah its safe to assume you guys sucks compared to ours.

FYI insurrection in indonesia is mostly peaceful or low level. The recent incident in papua being the only few outlier.

Last edited:

Very efficient indeed:) Have you take an MRI scan to detect any potential tumor in your brain yet?

Again can you defend your argument even the part where you indirectly defends slavery?

We are not slaves and we don't approve slavery. "Indirectly" equal speculation and yes, it's IMPOSSIBLE to discuss about that without SOURCES. Speaking of which, care to show the proof that Indonesian pilot "trounce" their Australasian counterpart in Pitch Black please. I have been waiting for that for a fcking long time.

Indonesians is not under an illusions that our country are perfect but you actually are under the illusion that your country are better than us. I don't need to give evidences & reasons that indonesia is a perfect human right model but you do & so far you have not convinces me that indonesia is worse than vietnam.

Again, we have to think back again about the way we process information. I already gave you tons of evidences about the fact that Indonesian polices + soldiers are too eager to pull the trigger compared to their Vietnamese colleagues. Remember who bring up the issue about human right first? Yeah, it's you with the "relative strong human right".

You brain simply refuse to trust anything that remotely indicate Indonesia fall behind Vietnam in human right. Everything happen in Vietnam also happen in Indonesia. However, some extreme things that only happen in Indonesia don't happen in Vietnam. That alone prove Vietnam to be better than Indonesia.

The girl that got arrested actually sang praise for the army/country. She just sang it poorly. Makes you wonder what would happen if she actually sang something that insult the army & it was bad?

You are speculating AGAIN. Work by that logic, Mr. Robert only sang a makeup song dated back in the 1990s. Imagine if he sing a song that actually cover current situation. Would he then receive far harsher punishments?

Again using your argument that means vietnam AA defense can easily be bypassed considering the VPA cannot stop the american from bombing the ever living shit out of you during operation rolling thunder. So yeah thanks for the vote of confidence.

Well I have nothing against the fact that US bombers and fighter-bombers inflicted heavy losses on our infrastructure back in the Vietnam War. US was a world SUPERPOWER back then then and still one now after all. But once again, you FORGOT some details: US Air Force LOST a total 922 aircraft in that operation which last for nearly a year and that is when they already had EXPERTISE in AIR-SUPPRESSION sorties. They employed anti-radiation missiles , extensive ECW supports, experienced pilots...

So is the current Indonesia air force possesses anything like the US Air Force regarding air defense suppression? YEA, A BIG "NO". Yes, you could quote me that Vietnam Air Defense would have no trouble blasting Indonesian jets out of the sky. You guys have nothing to actively locate, target and destroy SAMs so fat chance your jets could survive. The VPAF, on the other hand, could destroy enemy SAMs without troubles using Kh-31P anti-radiation missiles and pods optimized for air-suppression. The moment Indonesian soldiers turn on their radars, they would feel the chill of the Underworld.

Again your argument is flawed. There's a thing called a negative peace. Vietnam is perfect example of negative peace. Peace at the expense of justice & freedom. While vietnam maybe peaceful in the surface its not a real peace

That is a great way to dance around the words. Sorry but ALL COUNTRIES in the world recognize that Vietnam is a peaceful country IN EVERY REGARD. They don't have to issues terrorist warnings while their citizens visit Vietnam. You think it's possible to maintain peace by taking away people freedom and justice? No, that create anger and anger lead to retaliation (a.k.a terrorists attacks). Considering the fact Vietnam witness ZERO terrorists attacks so far, it's a solid proof that Vietnamese have no significant issues with their rights.

Indonesia? Yea, fat chance that people feel satisfied as they constantly live in fear of terrorist attacks.

That's why vietnam rank below us in the peace index

There are more way to judged how peaceful a country is beside the Global Peace Index. For instance: Travel Warning in US Department of State. Indonesia possesses an "excellent" record in the eyes of the Americans by the way :)

The job of the army is not to maintain order. That's the job of the police. So again using public order as a measuring stick for the armed forces is extremely flawed that nobody serious ever uses it for actual argument. Go ahead use it somewhere else everybody will laugh at you. Even if its so there are far more worse offenders.

So far, only you that claim people would laugh at me. How could an Army expect to protect its people if it fail to maintain order in turbulent times? The fact that you guys send soldiers to Papua instead of additional policeman prove that Indonesia intend to use troops to restore order in the region. That also means failure in containing terrorists attacks lies largely on the shoulder of the Indonesian Armed Forces. Your Kopassus also lies under the jurisdiction the Ministry of Defense, no?

The VPA haven't seen combat since the 70s & they lack modern equipments, techniques & training to actually make them effective in 21st century warfare. So yeah its safe to assume you guys sucks compared to ours.

And that you got that from "years of researching" the VPA? Sure, I have no issues admitting that Indonesia got more stuff compared to our troops. However, in modern wars, things would be decided by certain weapons. I already brought out proofs that show the weakness of the Indonesian army in anti-submarine warfare, air-defense suppression and surface-to-air missiles. So your "assumption" sound fcking unbelievable.

FYI insurrection in indonesia is mostly peaceful or low level. The recent incident in papua being the only few outlier.

Insurrections are never "peaceful", mind your choice of words :) Do you know how many terrorists attack happen in Indonesia in 2018 alone? No expert claim the situation in Indonesia to be a "low-level insurrection" as that would be a lie.

Last edited:

Again your argument is flawed. There's a thing called a negative peace. Vietnam is perfect example of negative peace. Peace at the expense of justice & freedom. While vietnam maybe peaceful in the surface its not a real peace. That's why vietnam rank below us in the peace index.The job of the army is not to maintain order. That's the job of the police. So again using public order as a measuring stick for the armed forces is extremely flawed that nobody serious ever uses it for actual argument. Go ahead use it somewhere else everybody will laugh at you. Even if its so there are far more worse offenders.

War is a serious business. Winning a war requires rather IQ than military hardware. Does Indonesia have any known military generals or leaders? Fyi in case you haven’t noticed, Vietnam has many world famous military leaders as Vo Nguyen Giap. He is even famous in the West with victory against France and America. Or going back Hai Ba Trung, Ngo Quyen, Le Loi or Trung Hung Dao. The army led by Hung Dao defeated the 500,000 men Mongol army including the entire annihilation of the invasion fleet at Bach Dang.

upload_2019-3-20_17-55-27.jpeg

upload_2019-3-20_18-1-52.png

Any specs on the rifle?
There are two versions: Gk1 (top) and Gk3 (below) with grenate launcher.

upload_2019-3-22_7-28-4.jpeg

The rifles are a hybrid of Israeli rifles Galil ACE and Galil AKM. The military wanted a weapon that combines the best features of two Galil variants. I think the Israeli would not be amused :D
when they know we copy their technology and develop a weapon and sell the rifles to export customers. Ah.. firing speed: 700 rounds per minute.

upload_2019-3-22_7-39-45.jpeg

There are two versions: Gk1 (top) and Gk3 (below) with grenate launcher.

View attachment 548324

The rifles are a hybrid of Israeli rifles Galil ACE and Galil AKM. The military wanted a weapon that combines the best features of two Galil variants. I think the Israeli would not be amused :D
when they know we copy their technology and develop a weapon and sell the rifles to export customers. Ah.. firing speed: 700 rounds per minute.

View attachment 548330
Caliber and firing modes?

Caliber and firing modes?
It is said the rifles have the body of Galil ACE for compactness. The gun barrel comes from Galil AKM with 415 mm in length. Both are Vietnam own developments. That allows the projectile to gain higher velocity and higher kinetic energy. Rifles can fire both NATO round variants.

Interested of buying?

It is said the rifles have the body of Galil ACE for compactness. The gun barrel comes from Galil AKM with 415 mm in length. Both are Vietnam own developments. That allows the projectile to gain higher velocity and higher kinetic energy. Rifles can fire both NATO round variants.

Interested of buying?
Nah, just interested in knowing. More guns more fun.

Back
Top Bottom