What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Surprise: Vietnamese version of mother of all bombs :D

Kab500

upload_2019-3-22_20-18-12.jpeg

Sorry I just return from taking my "efficient" break.

Again can you defend your argument even the part where you indirectly defends slavery?

Indonesians is not under an illusions that our country are perfect but you actually are under the illusion that your country are better than us. I don't need to give evidences & reasons that indonesia is a perfect human right model but you do & so far you have not convinces me that indonesia is worse than vietnam.

The girl that got arrested actually sang praise for the army/country. She just sang it poorly. Makes you wonder what would happen if she actually sang something that insult the army & it was bad?

Again using your argument that means vietnam AA defense can easily be bypassed considering the VPA cannot stop the american from bombing the ever living shit out of you during operation rolling thunder. So yeah thanks for the vote of confidence.

Again your argument is flawed. There's a thing called a negative peace. Vietnam is perfect example of negative peace. Peace at the expense of justice & freedom. While vietnam maybe peaceful in the surface its not a real peace. That's why vietnam rank below us in the peace index.The job of the army is not to maintain order. That's the job of the police. So again using public order as a measuring stick for the armed forces is extremely flawed that nobody serious ever uses it for actual argument. Go ahead use it somewhere else everybody will laugh at you. Even if its so there are far more worse offenders.

The VPA haven't seen combat since the 70s & they lack modern equipments, techniques & training to actually make them effective in 21st century warfare. So yeah its safe to assume you guys sucks compared to ours.

FYI insurrection in indonesia is mostly peaceful or low level. The recent incident in papua being the only few outlier.

You got all info wrong, smarty cook @Reashot Xigwin !!! VPA last major combat experience date to 1989 in Cambodia, today they are still officers with combat experience in the forces. VPA Elites units were still operating in Cambodia till 2000s to support the Cambodian army and VPA units also help the Lao army to crushed the Hmong rebels in 2000s.

Guys reading books like you don't understand that the training are based on combat experience and VPA have huge knowledge (combat, logistic, medical and field cooking like your family jobs in Indo army). The US, Canada, Russia and others are still training their troops with the combat experiences earned from WW2. Technology is great but you can't win war only with planes and missiles, you need boots on the ground to occupy the territory. Infantry combat training didn't change much over decades (beside inserting new tech gadgets over the years), unless one day we will fight in the space.

Fighting VPA on mainland will be a much bigger challenge and impossible task for your Indo army. And defending your 17 500 islands with your actual Indo army is an impossible task... An enemy will just need to occupy few major islands and it over, Indo army have their ressources stretch way to much...

By the way, Indo army is not that modern, only few new toys to defend 17 500 islands. Hope with the new toys, You guys will not run away from the SMALL AUSTRALIAN ARMY again ..

You still didn't answer my question about RATIO, the US VS Iraqi in 1991 (292 US Dead vs 25 000-50 000 Iraqi) and 2003(200 US dead vs 13 500-45000 iraqi)....So the ratio of VN war wasn't so bad after all.

the Americans lost 3,744 planes, 5,607 helicopters and 578 UAVs . ANd South Viet NAm lost 1,018 aircraft and helicopters..Not bad hein? The US did 580,000 bombing missions, try to stop that smarty cook @Reashot Xigwin

Last edited:
The US as an enemy is a thing of the past. Turkey is kicked out of F35 fighter jet program. I wonder if it’s technically politically feasible for Vietnam to participate? The US seeks a new partner to replace the Turks. Donald Trump once again at last visit urged Vietnam to buy US weapons. Financially it’s feasible. F35 cost per piece slowly sinks to the level of Russia fighter jet.

Two F35 squadrons would be sufficient. Participating in F35 production would be a major push for defense industry.

upload_2019-3-23_9-58-9.jpeg

The US as an enemy is a thing of the past. Turkey is kicked out of F35 fighter jet program. I wonder if it’s technically politically feasible for Vietnam to participate? The US seeks a new partner to replace the Turks. Donald Trump once again at last visit urged Vietnam to buy US weapons. Financially it’s feasible. F35 cost per piece slowly sinks to the level of Russia fighter jet.

Two F35 squadrons would be sufficient. Participating in F35 production would be a major push for defense industry.

View attachment 548700

If it was up to me (which it obviously is not) It would happen.

Actually F 35 is a stupid plane and Russian radar can detect it easily, no superior tech on that usless F 35 .

The F-35 would be an extremely major upgrade to the Vietnamese Air Force.

Vietnamese government would certainly not call it a stupid plane, and would gladly except a squadron or two

Actually Russian jet fighters r good enough. Buying US products and weapons are just for balancing the US-VN trade.

But I dont think US will sell F 35 to VN cos they worry that VN may send F 35 tech to Russia even F 35 tech has nothing special.

Vietnamese government would certainly not call it a stupid plane, and would gladly except a squadron or two
There are some sensibility in Vietnam but I think having stealth fighter jet as F35 that can fly undetected into enemy airspace is pretty nice. Su30 and Su35 (if the airforce buys it) can’t.

upload_2019-3-23_13-37-51.jpeg

Actually Russian jet fighters r good enough. Buying US products and weapons are just for balancing the US-VN trade.

But I dont think US will sell F 35 to VN cos they worry that VN may send F 35 tech to Russia even F 35 tech has nothing special.
We buy F35, the US buys VN cars and smartphones. Trade deficit will be balanced. Win win.We won’t reveal US tech to Russia. Pretty stupid if we do so.

Well F-35 is indeed a great plane to have but for the time being, I dare say the first US-made aircraft to join the VPAF fleet of aircraft would be a trainer (Texan). Regarding future purchases, chances are Hanoi is aiming for C-130, P-3 Orion and so on. In the case we do buy jet fighter, I bet my money on F-16.

Russian Knight pit stop in Vietnam

54728239_2089745687815047_1869729727875383296_o.jpg

54525050_2089865937803022_3509494648886263808_o.jpg

View attachment 548771

We buy F35, the US buys VN cars and smartphones. Trade deficit will be balanced. Win win.We won’t reveal US tech to Russia. Pretty stupid if we do so.
US dont trust VN, so she wont sell and we dont need F 35 anyway.

US without CN like in 1979 also cant harm VN as we control the oil shipping from Sing to Guam passing throught SCS ( east VN sea).

US dont trust VN, so she wont sell and we dont need F 35 anyway.

US without CN like in 1979 also cant harm VN as we control the oil shipping from Sing to Guam passing throught SCS ( east VN sea).
Ok trust is a big word. Let’s say everyone acts on own national egoistic interest. Despite different ideology, both VN and US share the same interest in East Sea. Having stealth capacity will enable Vietnam airforce to carry out bombing missions deep inside enemy territory. Not necessarily a realistic scenario but having prepared for the worst will deter someone’s ill intentions.

My feeling is, the Turkey under Erdogan is nearing the point of no return, the US will soon decide which partner she will pick to replace them in the F35 program. I think our chance is 1/10.

Ok trust is a big word. Let’s say everyone acts on own national egoistic interest. Despite different ideology, both VN and US share the same interest in East Sea. Having stealth capacity will enable Vietnam airforce to carry out bombing missions deep inside enemy territory. Not necessarily a realistic scenario but having prepared for the worst will deter someone’s ill intentions.

My feeling is, the Turkey under Erdogan is nearing the point of no return, the US will soon decide which partner she will pick to replace them in the F35 program. I think our chance is 1/10.
Actually VN's biggest enemy is US cos only US is strong enough to make trouble for VN now. CN PLA is just a joke as PLA generals r very stupid and they dont have any tactic better than human wave attack, not mentioning that CN only control 10-12% in SCS( east VN sea) cos PLAN suck, so they r not our threat there,too.

So, we dont need F 35 to stop stupid PLA human wave attack. VN F-35 will mainly be used to attack US war ships in SCS ( east VN sea) if US want war wt VN again. and of course US wont sell F 35 to VN

Actually VN's biggest enemy is US cos only US is strong enough to make trouble for VN now. CN PLA is just a joke as PLA generals r very stupid and they dont have any tactic better than human wave attack, not mentioning that CN only control 10-12% in SCS( east VN sea) cos PLAN suck, so they r not our threat there,too.

So, we dont need F 35 to stop stupid PLA human wave attack. VN F-35 will mainly be used to attack US war ships in SCS ( east VN sea) if US want war wt VN again. and of course US wont sell F 35 to VN
We lost Paracels. We lost parts of Spratlys. We will lose more if overestimate our strength.

A new interesting development

CA18 flying gun

Basically a UAV with a mounted gun, optical tracking, GPS guided, weight 22 kg.

upload_2019-3-23_23-36-56.jpeg

upload_2019-3-23_23-36-17.jpeg

upload_2019-3-23_23-38-20.jpeg

upload_2019-3-23_23-38-46.jpeg

And why would China need human wave attack with all the weapons it currently has? That makes no sense. While China is not a peer to US military wise, China is still gunning for the US position in the military sphere. If China is gunning for US position, my logical assumption is that China can already give a strong blow to most regional militaries, including Vietnam imo. @Viet is 100% correct to say VIetnam should not overestimate itself. China can overwhelm you in multiple ways.

Back
Top Bottom