What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I was reading here for a while and remind me about me old discussion in the past, Vietnam army is still weak as hell even when they got T90s, their basic infantryman still like this
vietnamese-soldiers-ak-47-shooting-range.jpg

Their suppose elite Marine unit

1261412916.jpg

And it is like they still living in Cold war era

T54-55_3.jpg
20160316-dieu-chua-biet-ve-phao-tu-hanh-asu-85-cua-viet-nam-nbsp-2.jpg

Their airforce is basically revolver around their Flanker and Su22 but here there is no reliable figure about their combat readiness and how much training they do every year, months or weeks.

For ones that have nothing to defense against missile attack, 50 cruise missiles is enough to cripple cities after cities :) I'm also sure that your military planner never satisfied with annexing Papua so they send out crooks like you to crash people thread, "Uhuhuhuh" boy.

Oh I don't know you could access our T-90s? Wait, you are making unsubstantiated claims again :) We use export variant? Well I bet stripped down Leopard fare well against Soviet weapon then? Just a minute, oh no, Turkish Leopard got smoke by Cold War era Fagot ATGM, a signature Soviet weapon. And those Turkish Leopard are far newer models than the mothballed Leopard 2 your Indonesian could muster.

Lol come from people that could lost soldiers after soldiers against ill-equipped rebels. How convenient that your bring out news about "non-operational Vietnamese Su-27 " but also "forgot" the source. I also read a article about "ill-disciplined" Indonesian submarine crew with such a low level of training that lead to quite a few fatal incidents. Some sources even claim that Indonesian soldiers are more adept at shooting against unarmed protesters than fighting rebels. My fellow country use a credible source about the state of Indonesian Navy but I know things are worse in the Air Force. I hope that you don't want me to bring out my sources as well? Since you don't bother with your?

"70% is actually operational at the best case while 50% or so at the very worst case" I guess the FSB, CIA, MI6 should hire you because you could predict the total readiness of Vietnam People Army equipment without spending a single day in the VPA.

....Wait, you are here in a little-know defense forum instead of serving in a high level government capacity? That means most of your predictions happen to be TRASHES :b Totally nail it. Instead of posting your "imagination" in our thread, put your words into a novels and sell them to some Indonesian fools to make them feel better about their pathetic country.

Strong Indonesia: Hundreds dead and thousands wounded due to terrorists. Ongoing insurrection.
Weak Vietnam: No dead due to terrorist. No insurrection.

Yeah sure keep dreaming about beating us Vietnamese but the world already know the performance of Indonesian soldiers again the Papua rebels. To think losers that unable to keep their country in peace in the 21 st century dare to claim that they can beat Vietnam People Army in the Vietnam War and nowadays? Not to mention that they have no idea about capacity of Vietnam Armed Forces? What you Indonesian have is a unrealistic dream that might get foiled by future attack from Papua rebels. Want to make a bet that more Indonesian would lose their lives in the incoming months?

When you are capable of beating actual military units, there is still a chance that you might experience difficulty fighting rebels. However, if you could not handle rebels, you never would be able to defeat organized armies. Period.

So anyway, have fun "winning" in Papua for, I don't know, another 50 years ?

I think that you mind must have lost a screw or two, "uhuhuhuhu" boy. The purchase of sophisticated military equipment IS the sign of economic development. Count how many country in the world could afford a modern fleet of submarine that is larger than 6 as well as holding a standing army of hundreds of thousands of man. I recall that even Indonesia have to trade palm oil for some Su-35? Man that sound powerful.

And if my mind work correctly:
  • It was YOU that crashed into our thread screaming about an incident between VCG and Indonesian Navy FIRST. The tongue you use in that very first post was far from wanting to share information. You wanted to boast about the incident as an achievement. Not mention that this is a Vietnam military thread, not "Whatever Vietnam". Your actions indicate that you are a stuck-up A-S-S-H-O-L-E which fail read the name of the thread before posting something completely irrelevant.
  • It was YOU that threaten us with military action (a.k.a war) FIRST. Don't talk as if we Vietnamese member in the PDF was the ones that start all of this war story shiet.
  • It was YOU that made joke out of Vietnam People Army and messed with the death of Vietnamese soldiers FIRST. After that, it's simply natural for the Vietnamese in here to bring up the "ultra lame" performance of the Indonesian in Papua. The body count in Papua is around 27 (3 soldiers, 24 civilians) right now, excluding rebels so as to make you feel better. But bet you mother A-S-S it will go up soon.
Not only you Indonesian want to play innocence but you guys want to pin the blame on us? FCK. THAT. S-H-I-T. UHUHUHUH BOY.
For ones that have nothing to defense against missile attack, 50 cruise missiles is enough to cripple cities after cities :) I'm also sure that your military planner never satisfied with annexing Papua so they send out crooks like you to crash people thread, "Uhuhuhuh" boy.

Oh I don't know you could access our T-90s? Wait, you are making unsubstantiated claims again :) We use export variant? Well I bet stripped down Leopard fare well against Soviet weapon then? Just a minute, oh no, Turkish Leopard got smoke by Cold War era Fagot ATGM, a signature Soviet weapon. And those Turkish Leopard are far newer models than the mothballed Leopard 2 your Indonesian could muster.

Lol come from people that could lost soldiers after soldiers against ill-equipped rebels. How convenient that your bring out news about "non-operational Vietnamese Su-27 " but also "forgot" the source. I also read a article about "ill-disciplined" Indonesian submarine crew with such a low level of training that lead to quite a few fatal incidents. Some sources even claim that Indonesian soldiers are more adept at shooting against unarmed protesters than fighting rebels. My fellow country use a credible source about the state of Indonesian Navy but I know things are worse in the Air Force. I hope that you don't want me to bring out my sources as well? Since you don't bother with your?

"70% is actually operational at the best case while 50% or so at the very worst case" I guess the FSB, CIA, MI6 should hire you because you could predict the total readiness of Vietnam People Army equipment without spending a single day in the VPA.

....Wait, you are here in a little-know defense forum instead of serving in a high level government capacity? That means most of your predictions happen to be TRASHES :b Totally nail it. Instead of posting your "imagination" in our thread, put your words into a novels and sell them to some Indonesian fools to make them feel better about their pathetic country.

Strong Indonesia: Hundreds dead and thousands wounded due to terrorists. Ongoing insurrection.
Weak Vietnam: No dead due to terrorist. No insurrection.

Yeah sure keep dreaming about beating us Vietnamese but the world already know the performance of Indonesian soldiers again the Papua rebels. To think losers that unable to keep their country in peace in the 21 st century dare to claim that they can beat Vietnam People Army in the Vietnam War and nowadays? Not to mention that they have no idea about capacity of Vietnam Armed Forces? What you Indonesian have is a unrealistic dream that might get foiled by future attack from Papua rebels. Want to make a bet that more Indonesian would lose their lives in the incoming months?

When you are capable of beating actual military units, there is still a chance that you might experience difficulty fighting rebels. However, if you could not handle rebels, you never would be able to defeat organized armies. Period.

So anyway, have fun "winning" in Papua for, I don't know, another 50 years ?

I think that you mind must have lost a screw or two, "uhuhuhuhu" boy. The purchase of sophisticated military equipment IS the sign of economic development. Count how many country in the world could afford a modern fleet of submarine that is larger than 6 as well as holding a standing army of hundreds of thousands of man. I recall that even Indonesia have to trade palm oil for some Su-35? Man that sound powerful.

And if my mind work correctly:
  • It was YOU that crashed into our thread screaming about an incident between VCG and Indonesian Navy FIRST. The tongue you use in that very first post was far from wanting to share information. You wanted to boast about the incident as an achievement. Not mention that this is a Vietnam military thread, not "Whatever Vietnam". Your actions indicate that you are a stuck-up A-S-S-H-O-L-E which fail read the name of the thread before posting something completely irrelevant.
  • It was YOU that threaten us with military action (a.k.a war) FIRST. Don't talk as if we Vietnamese member in the PDF was the ones that start all of this war story shiet.
  • It was YOU that made joke out of Vietnam People Army and messed with the death of Vietnamese soldiers FIRST. After that, it's simply natural for the Vietnamese in here to bring up the "ultra lame" performance of the Indonesian in Papua. The body count in Papua is around 27 (3 soldiers, 24 civilians) right now, excluding rebels so as to make you feel better. But bet you mother A-S-S it will go up soon.
Not only you Indonesian want to play innocence but you guys want to pin the blame on us? FCK. THAT. S-H-I-T. UHUHUHUH BOY.
Pffftt believe me, 50 cruise missile will done nothing. What you gonna do girl ? Blow some house here and there, few mostly civilian casualties on our side and yess, the international blame game is on you, meanwhile after you emptied your stock of 50 or so kalibr, we with more money than yours, could buy even deadlier weapons to turn ho cho minh city into a living hell hahahaha. Actually thats what i want, vietnam shoot first, then our government realized there is something wrong and decide to spend much more money for the armed forces. Niceeeee

Alright guys, that's enough. Strayed the topic too far. From illegal fishing to...whatever this theoretical warfare acrobatics are called.
Yeah, dont know why small problem in ID-VN disputed zone going too far to all out war. Even a much bigger VN-CN disputed water problem still not become war yet :laugh:

I was reading here for a while and remind me about me old discussion in the past, Vietnam army is still weak as hell even when they got T90s, their basic infantryman still like this View attachment 546139

View attachment 546140

View attachment 546141 View attachment 546142

Their airforce is basically revolver around their Flanker and Su22 but here there is no reliable figure about their combat readiness and how much training they do every year, months or weeks.
Nonsense. Vietnamese military is underfunded because of financial constraints not weak. Our military record with numerous victories goes back to the early days of the Han dynasty, that is some 2,000 years. Only few countries in the world have such history except the Greeks, the Persians, the Romans and of course the Chinese.

So what? you can request vcp to increase the defense budget to 10%, or even 20% of the GDP. I believe it could make you very happy.
You are wrong. Vietnamese in general are pacifist. We hate militarism. China has a leader that loves to dress in military cloth holding endless military parades. Thailand has a military government. Indonesia and Burma have military generals that command the politics. Such thing is unthinkable in Vietnam. Have you ever seen the party chief of Vietnam that oversees a military parade?

Unless we are middle of a war, military plays no role in the politics nor society. Vietnamese never accept military leadership nor waste of money on military in peacetime.

Ok that is probably something new for you.

then why complain vn is short on military funding?
why you always clap your own face by your own hand?
I complain with a good reason. I tell you:On one side I hate seeing money on military instead of social programs, on the other side I don’t want to see weakness considering your claim and actions in the SC sea. Nobody knows when you run amok. In fact Vietnam is in a dilemma. If we increase military power, China leadership will accuse Vietnam of war preparation, as if tomorrow we would conquer Laos, Cambodia, Burma and other to make their population to slaves.

Still have to pass through the Natuna island though...

Those turkish model were refurbished Swiss Leo A1 model & erdogan refused to use infantry support during the incursion leading to the destroyed tanks. It's political decision not military that destroyed the tanks.

Monkey models are quite real unfortunately for you. It's no secret that Russia doesn't give their best products away. Ask the indians & Iraqis or better yet ask your servicemen.

The Mango apfsds are easy to guess because its the rounds they export & the same one india's have & producing under license. They sure as hell not going to give you their lekalo or svinets.

Ou contraire beating organized army are way easier than rebels. Just look at Afghanistan. The soviets get assraped by bunch goat herders & so does the US... I don't see anyone questioning both of their capabilities to wage war.

Just because vietnam is peaceful it doesn't mean anything. Slovakia is peaceful doesn't mean its better than israel or india. Indonesia is regional power with a global reach while vietnam is grateful just for having more golf course.

Iraqi under saddam had a large military... So you pretty much compared your country to iraq. A large military with shoddy weapons & tactics. Nice going there.

Vietnam lying about their military inventory is pretty much open secret. Everybody in the military circle knows about it. Those thousands of tanks that vietnam supposedly have are mostly legacies even going back as ww2 & not even in working condition. They just kept it there to pad out the numbers. So who's to say they don't keep counts of jets or ships that way. I mean after all if I'm lying you can just check it with your government. After all they don't arrest citizens concerned with the state of the military or do they?
emoji5.png

Again, you put our claim against the VPA that have no "tangible evidence" with zero collaboration from experts. we are talking numbers, facts, charts,...not imagination. "Vietnam Su-27s rotten in hangar?" No pictures No name? No time period? Then is there any reason to believe that it take place in real life and not your own brain?

"Just because vietnam is peaceful it doesn't mean anything." Peace MEANS everything. If peace is nothing then I wonder why everyone bother with negotiation and compromises? Wait, the world DO care about peace. Indonesia don't bother with peace because you are a country that is filled with safe haven for terrorists. Your Indonesian treat peace as nothing because you are afraid to admit that your army is unable to maintain peace. Period.

"Iraqi under saddam had a large military... So you pretty much compared your country to iraq. A large military with shoddy weapons & tactics. Nice going there"

Well Indonesia with its large military fail to contain rebels and terrorist attack while we can. Good enough for an army with "shoddy weapons & tactics", right? By the way, base on recent news, turn out 3 of the Indonesian soldiers that lost their life belong to Kopassus, your country elite special force. For ill-equipped rebels that on their last legs to come out with such a feat equal 2 things: Either they are too goods or your Army sucks ball. My money is on the latter.

"They don't arrest citizens concerned with the state of the military or do they?". It's actually a criminal offense to post pictures of the military without consulting the Ministry of Defense first. But as far as I'm concern, we are still treat our citizen better than a certain country *Indonesia* that arrest people for singing a song with "inappropriate contents".

I was reading here for a while and remind me about me old discussion in the past, Vietnam army is still weak as hell even when they got T90s, their basic infantryman still like this View attachment 546139

View attachment 546140

View attachment 546141 View attachment 546142

Those are...pretty old photos. You just google without checking out the dates of the pictures? Well, in that case, we share the same stuff too here and there so I guess the Indonesia is not too awesome, right?

0c96f21f6f598607df48.jpg

3174ddbd75f70cf00e33a020692bfd23.jpg

Classic PT-76 - BTR-50 combo. "Cold War" stuff at its finest.

64d8d62dbf3cbd774c33922c0ef91e89.jpg

AMX-13. A pretty "new" tank , right?

ad_saladin4.jpg

A Saladin. This shiet date back to the Vietnam War era

btr-40.jpg

These are..oh my fcking god, BTR-40 right? I only saw some of them in our museums but you guys still hold on to them? Nice windshield btw.

Damn, the Indonesian military have way more old stuff than the Vietnam People Army.

Pffftt believe me, 50 cruise missile will done nothing. What you gonna do girl ? Blow some house here and there, few mostly civilian casualties on our side and yess, the international blame game is on you, meanwhile after you emptied your stock of 50 or so kalibr, we with more money than yours, could buy even deadlier weapons to turn ho cho minh city into a living hell hahahaha. Actually thats what i want, vietnam shoot first, then our government realized there is something wrong and decide to spend much more money for the armed forces. Niceeeee

INDONESIA. HAS. ZERO. AIR. DEFENSE. CAPABILITY. Sure you have Close In Weapon System, MANPADS and crap but as if they could stop missile reliably in the last boost phase. And I say we only NEED 50 to cripple Indonesian cities, I don't say we only HAVE 50, "uhuhuhu boy". Once again, you guys already shoot FIRST, not us.Both on the sea and in the forum, the Indonesian always unleash the first shot, not Vietnamese.

Thats the whole point of my conversation isnt it?

Okay im out

You was the one that create this mess, remember? But you also turned tail and ran pretty quick, right Mr. "uhuhuhu boy"? Feel free to put up the facade that you don't want this to happen your fellow countryman but Vietnamese members in the thread already knew that you are the one that start this shiet. Crawl back to the hole you come from and stay there if you actually want this to stop.

Last edited:
Again, you put our claim against the VPA that have no "tangible evidence" with zero collaboration from experts. we are talking numbers, facts, charts,...not imagination. "Vietnam Su-27s rotten in hangar?" No pictures No name? No time period? Then is there any reason to believe that it take place in real life and not your own brain?

"Just because vietnam is peaceful it doesn't mean anything." Peace MEANS everything. If peace is nothing then I wonder why everyone bother with negotiation and compromises? Wait, the world DO care about peace. Indonesia don't bother with peace because you are a country that is filled with safe haven for terrorists. Your Indonesian treat peace as nothing because you are afraid to admit that your army is unable to maintain peace. Period.

"Iraqi under saddam had a large military... So you pretty much compared your country to iraq. A large military with shoddy weapons & tactics. Nice going there"

Well Indonesia with its large military fail to contain rebels and terrorist attack while we can. Good enough for an army with "shoddy weapons & tactics", right? By the way, base on recent news, turn out 3 of the Indonesian soldiers that lost their life belong to Kopassus, your country elite special force. For ill-equipped rebels that on their last legs to come out with such a feat equal 2 things: Either they are too goods or your Army sucks ball. My money is on the latter.

"They don't arrest citizens concerned with the state of the military or do they?". It's actually a criminal offense to post pictures of the military without consulting the Ministry of Defense first. But as far as I'm concern, we are still treat our citizen better than a certain country *Indonesia* that arrest people for singing a song with "inappropriate contents".

Those are...pretty old photos. You just google without checking out the dates of the pictures? Well, in that case, we share the same stuff too here and there so I guess the Indonesia is not too awesome, right?

0c96f21f6f598607df48.jpg

3174ddbd75f70cf00e33a020692bfd23.jpg

Classic PT-76 - BTR-50 combo. "Cold War" stuff at its finest.

64d8d62dbf3cbd774c33922c0ef91e89.jpg

AMX-13. A pretty "new" tank , right?

ad_saladin4.jpg

A Saladin. This shiet date back to the Vietnam War era

btr-40.jpg

These are..oh my fcking god, BTR-40 right? I only saw some of them in our museums but you guys still hold on to them? Nice windshield btw.

Damn, the Indonesian military have way more old stuff than the Vietnam People Army.

INDONESIA. HAS. ZERO. AIR. DEFENSE. CAPABILITY. Sure you have Close In Weapon System, MANPADS and crap but as if they could stop missile reliably in the last boost phase. And I say we only NEED 50 to cripple Indonesian cities, I don't say we only HAVE 50, "uhuhuhu boy". Once again, you guys already shoot FIRST, not us.Both on the sea and in the forum, the Indonesian always unleash the first shot, not Vietnamese.

You was the one that create this mess, remember? But you also turned tail and ran pretty quick, right Mr. "uhuhuhu boy"? Feel free to put up the facade that you don't want this to happen your fellow countryman but Vietnamese members in the thread already knew that you are the one that start this shiet. Crawl back to the hole you come from and stay there if you actually want this to stop.
What mess? Its not a mess.. its fun games

Yes we shoot first but atleast we know 6 kilo class submarine aint gonna do shit about it so......

Back
Top Bottom