What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

True. I have often spoken of the eight nation alliance that ransacked China to forever remember the past. The Chinese government will time and time again teach the people of the century of humiliation. And Chinese people have a very long memory and do not forget. Not like Vietnam it seems.

You dont care about the mass starvation under the Japanese or exploitation under the French. You only raise hell over a border war in 1979 caused when you invaded Cambodia.
Not really, because now China is still a threat to Vietnam, Japan and US isn't

China also plays a bigger role in Vietnamese history than Japan in Chinese history. You can not talk about Vietnamese history without mentioning China. It has always been the main protagonist all the way until the French came. It faded away for the French period but then came back again during the Vietnam war and has remained relevant for Vietnam until today.

"The mass starvation under the Japanese or exploitation under the French" Right, " US killed more than one million Vietnamese" Right. But all of it doesn't important if you regards Vietnamese's history.

Vietnam is fascinated with China's power. Why not, if your neighbour had more than 3000 years of being one of the world's most powerful empires. Power is attractive, it's human instinct. And many people are fascinated with Chinese imperial history, literature, paintings, music.

The ironic thing is Vietnamese would probably not love China for these if Chinese dynasties in the past did not expand their territory, enforced their power over neighbouring countries or establishing themselves as the Middle Kingdom to be honored with tributes from vassal states.

In short, this happens with all large empires. You need to be powerful in order for your culture to be relevant and for people to like and admire your culture. But in the process of being powerful you may hurt other people. So this is when the love/hate relationship is born

For Vietnam-Cambodia war, if the diplomatic doesn't work, regards the human aspect, China should support for Vietnam because the Khmer Rouge is evil and they killed number of Chinese same as Vietnamese

Last edited:
yes maybe it is best we ignore the chinese. there are more countries in the world. on a WEF discussion, seeing again a former comrade in the German government: Mrs. von der Leyen, the minister of defence.

C2idfPeWEAAIHis.jpg

More of choppers because VN can make artillery guns. Actually we are interested of everything that can fly, from aircraft to heli to drone. Best if India offers joint production and development.

Actually, in the area of artillery is the most interesting. I dont know the area of artillery of Vietnam, but if it needs new ones, this is an area India, Indian companies can give industrial help.

3rgc5dj.jpg

fb_img_1483045925649-jpg.364401

155mm/52cal ATAGS

Kalyani%2BGroup%2527s%2BBharat%2B52%2Btowed%2Bhowitzer.jpg

cVSQBBQ.jpg

155mm/52cal Bharat 52

0vhyyY4.jpg

Dhanush%2B52%2Btowed%2Bhowitzer%2Bprototype-1.jpg

155mm/52cal Dhanush

There are three modern 155mm/52cal arty right now, private firms like TATA, Bharat Forge(who control production) who recently enter this sector wouldnt mind working with Vietnamese on this regard.

question, the gun above the akm, what are those? thanks

Top Right (My Right, Screen Left)

M79

Corner Shot (looks like standard pistol)

AKM

Top Left

M320 Clone

AK-105 (looks like it, but I think it's heavily modified)

China also plays a bigger role in Vietnamese history than Japan in Chinese history. You can not talk about Vietnamese history without mentioning China. It has always been the main protagonist all the way until the French came. It faded away for the French period but then came back again during the Vietnam war and has remained relevant for Vietnam until today.

"The mass starvation under the Japanese or exploitation under the French" Right, " US killed more than one million Vietnamese" Right. But all of it doesn't important if you regards Vietnamese's history.

Vietnam is fascinated with China's power. Why not, if your neighbour had more than 3000 years of being one of the world's most powerful empires. Power is attractive, it's human instinct. And many people are fascinated with Chinese imperial history, literature, paintings, music.

The ironic thing is Vietnamese would probably not love China for these if Chinese dynasties in the past did not expand their territory, enforced their power over neighbouring countries or establishing themselves as the Middle Kingdom to be honored with tributes from vassal states.

In short, this happens with all large empires. You need to be powerful in order for your culture to be relevant and for people to like and admire your culture. But in the process of being powerful you may hurt other people. So this is when the love/hate relationship is born

For Vietnam-Cambodia war, if the diplomatic doesn't work, regards the human aspect, China should support for Vietnam because the Khmer Rouge is evil and they killed number of Chinese same as Vietnamese

It's antagonist, not protagonist..........Protagonist means the good guy

And your opinion is spot on, US, France or Japanese only represent 20 years, 70 years and 10 years of Vietnam History, But the Chinese were at war (and still hostile) toward Vietnam long, ERY LONG before then, if you compare the relationship between Vietnam-China and Vietnam-US, or Vietnam-France, it's like a drop in the oceans.

Plus, US, France and Japan are miles away, and China is right next door, if you have to wary about a country, would you be worry about a country 13,000 miles away? Or 400km to Hanoi?

Last edited:

M79

AKM

Top Left

M320 Clone

You were mostly right.

The AKM was upgraded by AK-103 standard. The "AK-105" is actually a Galil Ace 31 and "M320 Clone" is a PP-19 Bizon.

All are manufactured locally.

M79

AKM

Top Left

M320 Clone

And your opinion is spot on, US, France or Japanese only represent 20 years, 70 years and 10 years of Vietnam History, But the Chinese were at war (and still hostile) toward Vietnam long, ERY LONG before then, if you compare the relationship between Vietnam-China and Vietnam-US, or Vietnam-France, it's like a drop in the oceans.

Plus, US, France and Japan are miles away, and China is right next door, if you have to wary about a country, would you be worry about a country 13,000 miles away? Or 400km to Hanoi?

Hey amigo, you are back!!!! Nice to see you again. :cheers:

Actually, in the area of artillery is the most interesting. I dont know the area of artillery of Vietnam, but if it needs new ones, this is an area India, Indian companies can give industrial help.

3rgc5dj.jpg

fb_img_1483045925649-jpg.364401

155mm/52cal ATAGS

Kalyani%2BGroup%2527s%2BBharat%2B52%2Btowed%2Bhowitzer.jpg

cVSQBBQ.jpg

155mm/52cal Bharat 52

0vhyyY4.jpg

Dhanush%2B52%2Btowed%2Bhowitzer%2Bprototype-1.jpg

155mm/52cal Dhanush

There are three modern 155mm/52cal arty right now, private firms like TATA, Bharat Forge(who control production) who recently enter this sector wouldnt mind working with Vietnamese on this regard.

That 155mm babe seems to have very good mobility (The Bharat 52). Vietnam could use something like that.

Very well said sister Kiao. Happy Tet !!!!!

You were mostly right.

The AKM was upgraded by AK-103 standard. The "AK-105" is actually a Galil Ace 31 and "M320 Clone" is a PP-19 Bizon.

All are manufactured locally.

That does not look like a Galil lol...........I think it's a bit modified (may be to take AK's 7.62 banana clips?) The receiver looks like a Galil but never saw it with that clip before.

And yes, when I click the photo, I can see clearly the top one is a bison.

That 155mm babe seems to have very good mobility (The Bharat 52). Vietnam could use something like that.

lol, I am back for summer vacation, but then it end this week and I have to go again in preparation for my school........

but any who, nice to see you.

That does not look like a Galil lol...........I think it's a bit modified (may be to take AK's 7.62 banana clips?) The receiver looks like a Galil but never saw it with that clip before.
The Galil Ace 31/32 use 7.62x39mm ammunition, so yeah, they can use the AK magazine just fine :p:

More of choppers because VN can make artillery guns. Actually we are interested of everything that can fly, from aircraft to heli to drone. Best if India offers joint production and development.

Some people may argue VN is backward can't do anything, but tend to forget that is just a snapshot of time they are seeing. Few years ago when Samsung began setting up factories in Vietnam they couldn't find any Vietnamese company to support the smartphone production chain. Today there are 200 domestic companies providing everything to Samsung exceeding 50pct localization rate. Few years ago we were unable to do much in construction field. Today we can build subways, highways, bridges and even if asked for the highest building in the world. What Vietnam needs is money, expertise, startup assistance and everything else will come with time.
In bold, not so fast. What u don't know is that those 200 domestic companies are FDI companies based in Vietnam, not viet companies. Only 12 viet companies are involved in the supply chain of Samsung Vietnam

http://bnews.vn/chi-co-12-doanh-nghiep-viet-tham-gia-chuoi-cung-ung-cua-samsung/23815.html

Vietnam is still a backward country and can't do anything. 7 years have passed since Samsung opens its plant in bac ninh and nothing has changed much. Only 12 viet businesses have popped up to supply parts to Samsung. That's right, just 12. Heck, I even see more Vietnamese American businesses supplying aerospace parts here where I live than the 12 viet businesses in Vietnam that supply parts to Samsung.

Happy :)

M79

AKM

Top Left

M320 Clone

Yes, bro you say everything i want to express

In bold, not so fast. What u don't know is that those 200 domestic companies are FDI companies based in Vietnam, not viet companies. Only 12 viet companies are involved in the supply chain of Samsung Vietnam

http://bnews.vn/chi-co-12-doanh-nghiep-viet-tham-gia-chuoi-cung-ung-cua-samsung/23815.html

Vietnam is still a backward country and can't do anything. 7 years have passed since Samsung opens its plant in bac ninh and nothing has changed much. Only 12 viet businesses have popped up to supply parts to Samsung. That's right, just 12. Heck, I even see more Vietnamese American businesses supplying aerospace parts here where I live than the 12 viet businesses in Vietnam that supply parts to Samsung.
Fdi or not is not important, it is like where the money comes from, from me or from you, nobody cares. The point is a local company is established by the money. Good that you mention the numerous Viet businesses in the United States, then you know what our people are capable of.

You cannot build your industrial base overnight, you have to start with FDI, you need to have equipment, money and skill flood in Vietnam first, then once you get a skilled based work force and rich management type, then you can start building domestic business.

This is how China build their wealth, they don't all start with Chinese local business, most of the Chinese company are foriegn investment from Hong Kong (Before turnover), US and Europe. Then Chinese uses the money injected from these country and the skill taught and develope their own.

7 years is not a long time, China have to wait for around 17 years from 1985 door opening to 2002 when they have their industrial base fully develope.

thats actually a valid point - are there any subsystems the Vietnam can offer to India for a JV of sorts?
What I mean is Vietnam is interested of production of brahmos missile and joint development of more advanced variants with Indian companies for our needs. I haven't any idea yet what subsystems we can offer.

You cannot build your industrial base overnight, you have to start with FDI, you need to have equipment, money and skill flood in Vietnam first, then once you get a skilled based work force and rich management type, then you can start building domestic business.

This is how China build their wealth, they don't all start with Chinese local business, most of the Chinese company are foriegn investment from Hong Kong (Before turnover), US and Europe. Then Chinese uses the money injected from these country and the skill taught and develope their own.

7 years is not a long time, China have to wait for around 17 years from 1985 door opening to 2002 when they have their industrial base fully develope.
Correct. Don't forget Vietnam was totally destroyed starting by zero, while the Chinese enjoy peace with decades of development before Vietnam. By the way welcome back.

for readers who are interested of the people that work for the World Economic Forum WEF.
upload_2017-1-20_10-33-13.png

upload_2017-1-20_10-34-27.png

upload_2017-1-20_10-36-8.png

Back
Top Bottom