What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Ok here, Just came back today from China, very busy these days. Time to get ready for Tet now. How about you?
Working my *** off before Tet, lots of project for the Army and AF now :cheers:

Also, some locally manufactured infantry weapons for the sake of pictures:

16107240_1154653441324281_4733071093752312075_o.jpg

is there any interest in Vietnam on the new indian built artillery guns and choppers? I am just interested to see if viets keep a tab on such developments.

is there any interest in Vietnam on the new indian built artillery guns and choppers? I am just interested to see if viets keep a tab on such developments.

It could be, but we didn't hear anything on those items as far as I know. The latest item of interest according to Indian media is the Akash air defense system. I'm sure Vietnam is keeping tabs on anything that India is building.

Well our biggest concern lies with the Indian missiles. Mainly Brahmos but also stuff likes Barak and Akash ( this has been officially offered ). There is little else except some training and maintaining.

It could be, but we didn't hear anything on those items as far as I know. The latest item of interest according to Indian media is the Akash air defense system. I'm sure Vietnam is keeping tabs on anything that India is building.

Akash system is a big one. I dont know how it'll fit in Vietnam's environment. It's India's low tier, short range SAM.

If Vietnam has the money, should go for more compact system.

QtmznBl.png

India is working on such a system, but obviously several others offer similar ones. This one can travel with the armored line, with the same range as Akash.

Barak is best suited, or Russian ones, in my opinion.

Well our biggest concern lies with the Indian missiles. Mainly Brahmos but also stuff likes Barak and Akash ( this has been officially offered ). There is little else except some training and maintaining.

I've been waiting for years for Barak 8 to come to Vietnam, I'm a fun boy of Barak 8.

Akash system is a big one. I dont know how it's fit in Vietnams environment.

If Vietnam has the money, should go for more compact system.

QtmznBl.png

India is working on such a system, but obviously several others offer similar ones.

Barak is best suited, or Russian ones, in my opinion.

Yes, way too big, its too much of a legacy system at this point and VN is getting Spyder anyway, but Vietnam maybe interested because of the tech transfer angle.

Akash system is a big one. I dont know how it'll fit in Vietnam's environment. It's India's low tier, short range SAM.
I strongly opposed the Akash procurement. Because I see that Akash is just a 2K12 Kub (SA-6) manufactured by India on wheeled platform.

However, I believe the Akash is a bargaining chip for bigger project like BrahMos. Something like: "Buy Akash and we'll sell BrahMos, or nothing at all".

More of choppers because VN can make artillery guns. Actually we are interested of everything that can fly, from aircraft to heli to drone. Best if India offers joint production and development.

Some people may argue VN is backward can't do anything, but tend to forget that is just a snapshot of time they are seeing. Few years ago when Samsung began setting up factories in Vietnam they couldn't find any Vietnamese company to support the smartphone production chain. Today there are 200 domestic companies providing everything to Samsung exceeding 50pct localization rate. Few years ago we were unable to do much in construction field. Today we can build subways, highways, bridges and even if asked for the highest building in the world. What Vietnam needs is money, expertise, startup assistance and everything else will come with time.

Working my *** off before Tet, lots of project for the Army and AF now :cheers:

Also, some locally manufactured infantry weapons for the sake of pictures:

16107240_1154653441324281_4733071093752312075_o.jpg
There is a new shoulder fired antitank missile for the infantrymen called SCT-29, which should be more powerful than RPG-7. Tests were carried out. Can you reveal the specs?

IMG_1066.JPG

There is a new shoulder fired antitank missile for the infantrymen called SCT-29, which should be more powerful than RPG-7. Can you reveal the specs?
As the name implies, it's a Vietnamese version of the RPG-29.

SCT = Súng Chống Tăng = Anti-Tank Weapon.

Vietnam PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends the ongoing World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, signing the first ever "Government Partnership" between Vietnam and WEF. Managing Director Philipp Roesler puts the signature for the WEF (behind him is the founder of WEF, Klaus Schwab). Honestly I have little idea of what this partnership is about. Probably one of many ideas of the Viet guy Philipp Roesler, but this one is especially made for Vietnam :D
C2g9qs5XcAAaroU.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom