What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

huh? was I talking to you? Take your garbage somewhere else.

You posted in a public forum where people are free to come and go as they pleased. By posting onto a public forum, you are in fact talking to me. If you weren't talking to me before, you're talking to me now. And I ask you, why do you go out of your way to be here under your own will then say it's a waste of time? I'm sorry if you're too incompetent to find better use of your time. Clearly, not my problem either.

Crown Prince Bao Long

d13b733e3c669399d956da3671b65d74.jpg

9.JPG

baolong1234-15023.jpg

Do Vietnamese royalties inbreed like Europeans?

No, in general such inner family marriage is taboo. The noble families behave in that matter no difference to the common folks. Mam Phuong was born in a rich noble southern Vietnamese family. She went to France to study before meeting her later spouse, the emperor.

namphuong_hoanghau_1.jpg

Quite frankly, this assumption is true, at least in the next 30-40 years.

Vietnam and China do have intense clashes in the SCS, but the fact is that both countries need the other one for political and geographic influence.

You think so? China have to make a move SOON imo. Vietnam is only going to get stronger.

No, in general such inner family marriage is taboo. The noble families behave in that matter no difference to the common folks. Mam Phuong was born in a rich noble southern Vietnamese family. She went to France to study before meeting her later spouse, the emperor.

namphuong_hoanghau_1.jpg

I see. That is good to know. Some of the European royals look like they're the product of severe inbreeding. Not that I have anything against people who are products of such relationship.

You think so? China have to make a move SOON imo. Vietnam is only going to get stronger.
I think, too, the time window for China is act in the South China Sea is about to close.
I see. That is good to know. Some of the European royals look like they're the product of severe inbreeding. Not that I have anything against people who are products of such relationship.
Just some not all. In Europe, royal intermarriage was a common practice of international politics, a means of maintaining harmony and peace between nations. I think that is not necessarily bad. The system had hindered in good times confrontations and wars. The logic was family members don't fight against each other. a system, actually better than what we found in east Asia: the tributary system between China as the center state and heir close neighbors as vassals.

Anyway, our last royal family were better off. They went to exile when the communists took over the power. Unlike the last royal family of Russia, the Romanow. A communist dead squad killed the entire family in a terrible bloodshed.

Built by James Boat Vietnam

Small high speed patrol vessel, MS-50S class, made of Copolymer Polypropylene Polystone (PPC). I wonder whether the shipyard can build bigger version?

canh-sat-bien-viet-nam-nhan-mot-luc-4-xuong-tuan-tra-ms-50s-hinh-2.jpg

canh-sat-bien-viet-nam-nhan-mot-luc-4-xuong-tuan-tra-ms-50s-hinh-4.jpg

canh-sat-bien-viet-nam-nhan-mot-luc-4-xuong-tuan-tra-ms-50s.jpg

26 boats to be built in total
xuong-tuan-tra-ddry-1466292228718.jpg

thumb_660_e8309fd8-4e51-4072-81d8-de4041c4d446.jpg

thumb_660_b2c9d00e-ca5d-47eb-b447-2bbaf07fec6d.jpg

thumb_660_89ef30ef-4e08-48e5-8512-2984c995c28c.jpg

Beautiful picture of Japanese coast guard ship KOJIMA to Da Nang last July. I think we should invite all countries that have stakes in South China Sea to Vietnam to have a party. So about 100 countries. To counter the orrogant and aggressive claim of a certain country that lays claim of the sea far from their heartland in order to strangulate Vietnam and other nations.

photo-3-1469436774274.jpg

I think, too, the time window for China is act in the South China Sea is about to close.

Just some not all. In Europe, royal intermarriage was a common practice of international politics, a means of maintaining harmony and peace between nations. I think that is not necessarily bad. The system had hindered in good times confrontations and wars. The logic was family members don't fight against each other. a system, actually better than what we found in east Asia: the tributary system between China as the center state and heir close neighbors as vassals.

Anyway, our last royal family were better off. They went to exile when the communists took over the power. Unlike the last royal family of Russia, the Romanow. A communist dead squad killed the entire family in a terrible bloodshed.

The first rule of politics is be armed; second is to exterminate previous monarchy. unfortunate but their deaths were quick.

I do think so, that's also the thought of several inside sources and analysts I've talked to.

Yes, China can act tough and engage in several clashes with Vietnam and Philippines in the SCS. But it has always happened and limited only with "civilian" forces (Marine Surveillance, disguised fish trawlers etc.) and not with direct military forces.

China needs Vietnam politically and geographically, and vice versa.

I do think so, that's also the thought of several inside sources and analysts I've talked to.

Yes, China can act tough and engage in several clashes with Vietnam and Philippines in the SCS. But it has always happened and limited only with "civilian" forces (Marine Surveillance, disguised fish trawlers etc.) and not with direct military forces.

China needs Vietnam politically and geographically, and vice versa.

I see where you're coming from. But we're talking about people who wrote the book on wars. Viet Nam just don't have the intelligence capabilities to dig deep into their motives. It's all speculation.

I see where you're coming from. But we're talking about people who wrote the book on wars. Viet Nam just don't have the intelligence capabilities to dig deep into their motives. It's all speculation.
You mean "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu?

Yes, the Chinese are famous by their deep thinking and disguised meanings, as the old saying "thâm như Tàu" in Vietnamese. However, do not underestimate the military intelligence and equally deep thinking of Vietnamese. You might get a pleasant or unpleasant surprise.

I would repeat my opinion, based on several discussions with certain people, that China and Vietnam will not go to a full-scale war in the next 30-40 years. There will be clashes and confrontation, but they will be limited in local and very small-scale clashes. Both countries have the same root of political ideology (Communism) and share a somewhat common culture base. Vietnam and China are viewed as "brothers" who always quarrel but will stand next to each other when shit hits the fan.

But you are right. It's still speculation, a lot of factors will change the situation.

You mean "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu?

Yes, the Chinese are famous by their deep thinking and disguised meanings, as the old saying "thâm như Tàu" in Vietnamese. However, do not underestimate the military intelligence and equally deep thinking of Vietnamese. You might get a pleasant or unpleasant surprise.

I would repeat my opinion, based on several discussions with certain people, that China and Vietnam will not go to a full-scale war in the next 30-40 years. There will be clashes and confrontation, but they will be limited in local and very small-scale clashes. Both countries have the same root of political ideology (Communism) and share a somewhat common culture base. Vietnam and China are viewed as "brothers" who always quarrel but will stand next to each other when shit hits the fan.

But you are right. It's still speculation, a lot of factors will change the situation.

Vietnam exceeding my expectation will always be a pleasant surprise.

You lovingly call the relationship between Viet Nam and China as brothers. That is being too optimistic; I liken it to a fat guy and a skinny guy stuck on an island and there are no food around. One of them will get eaten by the other. The fat guy can sustain the skinny guy longer, but the fat guy can outlast the skinny guy with his fat reserve should they go the distance. It's now day 18 on that island.

Vietnam exceeding my expectation will always be a pleasant surprise.

You lovingly call the relationship between Viet Nam and China as brothers. That is being too optimistic; I liken it to a fat guy and a skinny guy stuck on an island and there are no food around. One of them will get eaten by the other. The fat guy can sustain the skinny guy longer, but the fat guy can outlast the skinny guy with his fat reserve should they go the distance. It's now day 18 on that island.
He, different points of view :p::p:

It's not "lovingly call", it's a simplified way to demonstrate the relationship between Vietnam and China. Of course, the reality is way more complicated than that.

I am less optimistic. Words are cheap. brother or not, common political system or not, that never hinders aggressions. it is better to make our army strong, capable to bring death and destruction, inflicting unsustainable cost to our enemy should a confrontation ever arise. there are reasonable people out there, but also unreasonable ones who dream of fighting a war with zero casualty. the conclusion is made as seen and read in many comments of chinese posters, after they compare the amount of fancy weapons they possess comparing to the primitive ones we have. understandable. in addition, we are not in a military alliance. well, I think it is a perfect scenario, if not an invitation. what they need now is a perfect excuse.

Coast guard on patrol

xem-canh-sat-bien-viet-nam-dien-tap-chong-cuop-bien-hinh-4.jpg

I am less optimistic. Words are cheap. brother or not, common political system or not, that never hinders aggressions. it is better to make our army strong, capable to bring death and destruction, inflicting unsustainable cost to our enemy should a confrontation ever arise. there are reasonable people out there, but also unreasonable ones who dream of fighting a war with zero casualty. the conclusion is made as seen and read in many comments of chinese posters, after they compare the amount of fancy weapons they possess comparing to the primitive ones we have. understandable. in addition, we are not in a military alliance. well, I think it is a perfect scenario, if not an invitation. what they need now is a perfect excuse.

Coast guard on patrol

xem-canh-sat-bien-viet-nam-dien-tap-chong-cuop-bien-hinh-4.jpg

What are the sentiments of the uninformed population in Viet Nam though? Do they feel a war coming or business as usual?

You posted in a public forum where people are free to come and go as they pleased. By posting onto a public forum, you are in fact talking to me. If you weren't talking to me before, you're talking to me now. And I ask you, why do you go out of your way to be here under your own will then say it's a waste of time? I'm sorry if you're too incompetent to find better use of your time. Clearly, not my problem either.

LOL, don't you have anything better to write about than arguing with people on the internet? you must have no life. You're free to say whatever you want, so am I. You're wasting my time and your time.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom