What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Tactic for next general election, Hun sen would like to show off that, he is not puppet of Vietnam.

Hun Sen responds to Vietnamese Facebook user on South China Sea
Thu, 25 August 2016
Lay Samean

Accused of undermining a common ASEAN position on the South China Sea dispute by supporting China’s position, Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday got personal with a critic of his policy on the contested waterway.

Writing on Facebook, the premier took issue with a comment by a Vietnamese user and delivered a direct response.

“If you or your country has issue with China, please solve it peacefully. Do not blame me and do not involve Cambodia to your own country’s internal issue,” the premier wrote.

In July, Cambodia blocked the inclusion of a reference to a recent decision by the Hague in an ASEAN joint statement.

The decision dismissed the majority of China’s claim to the waterway.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/hun-sen-responds-vietnamese-facebook-user-south-china-sea
I burst of the laughing when i saw a leader of a country quarrels and complains on Facebook.
Like Duterte who got offered 33 million by Kerry but he turned it down, instead, he went with China. I wonder how much china offered him often. Hun Sen is no different.

Can't blame them, they're politicians. They're just doing what they're suppose to if you're familiar with Machiavelli.

Good. If Cambodia collude with China to undermine Vietnam's interest they're just asking for another genocide. Happened last time when Pol-Pot slept with China.

The next time Vietnam invade Cambodia should be the last time. Don't return the land. If Vietnnam does nothing, Cambodia will be in Chinese hands and by then every square inch of Vietnam will be within Chinese artillery range.
Vietnam will not, maybe relate to Vietnamese - Cambodian in the future but we haven't the suitable reason to attack them. Cambodian now is smarter than their past time in Polpot regime, at least they don't think they can win if they have a war with Vietnam. Young Cambodian doesn't dare to call a war. They understand and know exactly they are doing and the side they stand. We also don't want. so difficult to say a war with the neighbors like Cambodia. Cambodia maybe is a Chinese's pawn to intervene Vietnam. But they scare Vietnam than so much compared to Vietnam toward China. Thailand also is a rival of Cambodia.

Last edited:
I burst of the laughing when i saw a leader of a country quarrels and complains on Facebook.

Vietnam will not, maybe relate to Vietnamese - Cambodian in the future but we haven't the suitable reason to attack them. Cambodian now is smarter than their past time in Polpot regime, at least they don't think they can win if they have a war with Vietnam. Young Cambodian doesn't dare to call a war. They understand and know exactly they are doing and the side they stand. We also don't want. so difficult to say a war with the neighbors like Cambodia. Cambodia maybe is a Chinese's pawn to intervene Vietnam. But they scare Vietnam than so much compared to Vietnam toward China. Thailand also is a rival of Cambodia.

Such a waste. There are so many genius level kids in Cambodia, and they're not given an opportunity to cultivate their talents. They have incompetent leaders and it is costing their them.

What? You mean that isn't what any sane nation would do?
The Chinese have a non intervention policy, so they would not lift a finger if Cambodia or others such as the Philippines right now slip into chaos, killing each other until the last man and woman. Chinese don't mind either if China friendly countries such as Thailand invades Cambodia. But beware if we intervened, the Chinese would use it as a perfect excuse to launch onslaught on Vietnam. No, never again. Let them kill themselves. The world is overpopulated.

The Chinese have a non intervention policy, so they would not lift a finger if Cambodia or others such as the Philippines right now slip into chaos, killing each other until the last man and woman. Chinese don't mind either if China friendly countries such as Thailand invades Cambodia. But beware if we intervened, the Chinese would use it as a perfect excuse to launch onslaught on Vietnam. No, never again. Let them kill themselves. The world is overpopulated.

Not populate enough. We need more to colonize Mars. The solar system, and then the stars.

China will not engage Vietnam in a land war.

Such a waste. There are so many genius level kids in Cambodia, and they're not given an opportunity to cultivate their talents. They have incompetent leaders and it is costing their them.
I don't think so, the kids from some nations in Asia like Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Viet.. is smarter than, it is my personal opinion. let's see their highest exams for the 12th grade. They had only 400 students got A score. the small number compared to 90000 students who attended. I suppose their test isn't difficult than Vietnamese's exam or Chinese gao kao. https://www.cambodiadaily.com/second2/top-students-earn-praise-prizes-peace-palace-exams-118309/

Right, Don't forget Indo 1997 incident, the Chinese government didn't do anything to help their compatriots.

I don't think so, the kids from some nations in Asia like Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Viet.. is smarter than, it is my personal opinion. let's see their highest exams for the 12th grade. They had only 400 students got A score. the small number compared to 90000 students who attended. I suppose their test isn't difficult than Vietnamese's exam or Chinese gao kao. https://www.cambodiadaily.com/second2/top-students-earn-praise-prizes-peace-palace-exams-118309/

I'd like to see those same kids take a culture fair IQ test.

I'd like to see those same kids take a culture fair IQ test.
Don't expect too much. The Khmer have no more writing records of their history and culture. all were burnt or destroyed in the years of madness. The only thing that remains is inscriptions on temples.

Right, Don't forget Indo 1997 incident, the Chinese government didn't do anything to help their compatriots.
Whatever. Whereever. We should never intervene again. Never.

Larsen & Toubro (L$T) has signed the principle contract with Vietnam Border Guard valued at $99.7 million for design and construction of high speed patrol vessels in India as well as for transfer of design and technology along with supply of equipment and material kits for construction of follow-on vessels at a Vietnam shipyard.

The high-speed patrol vessels are purpose-built for controlling and protecting sea security and sovereignty, detecting illegal activities such as smuggling, and undertaking search and rescue missions. Constructed of Aluminium alloy, the vessels are about 35 metres long and can clock a speed of 35 knots with state-of-the-art navigation and surveillance equipment and self-defence capabilities on board.

Larsen & Toubro is a technology, engineering, construction and manufacturing company. It is one of the largest and most respected companies in India's private sector.

http://money.livemint.com/news/comp...million-from-vietnam-border-guard-491864.aspx

Larsen & Toubro (LET), one of India’s leading engineering and construction company said it has signed a$99.7 million project with Vietnam Border Guard to design and construct high speed patrol vessels in India.

The contract also envisages transfer of design and technology along with supply of equipment and material kits for construction of follow-on vessels at a Vietnam shipyard.

L&T won the tender which was floated back in 2015 by Vietnam’s Ministry of Defence.

Constructed of Aluminium alloy the vessels are about 35 metres long and can clock a speed of 35 knots with a state-of-the-art navigation and surveillance equipment and self-defence Capabilities on board, the company added.

Earlier in 2015, a tender was floated by Vietnam’s Ministry of Defence for the Patrol Boats and six shipyards (L&T, MDL, GRSE, erstwhile Pipavav, ABG and PEC) from India participated in the bid. The MoD-Vietnam shortlisted three shipyards and undertook an extensive assessment of their design and engineering capabilities, yard infrastructure, track record and financial health. L&T qualified on all the parameters and was selected from among the six for the prestigious export contract.

L&T is presently executing Indian MoD contracts for design and construction of 54 Interceptor Boats (IBs) for Indian Coast Guard, out of which 28 IBs have already been delivered with the last boat having been delivered two years ahead of schedule. L&T is also executing orders for design and construction of seven Offshore Patrol Vessels for the Indian Coast Guard against a contract of Rs.1432 Crores and a Floating Dock for the Indian Navy with a contract value of Rs.468 Crores.

Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services with USD 1.6 billion in revenue.

The move has come in the wake of heightened defence cooperation between Vietnam and India.

http://rtn.asia/r-r/23045/lt-wins-99-7-million-vietnam-defence-project

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/l-t-bags...om-vietnam-border-guard.450792/#ixzz4L0Kq4sVW

Don't expect too much. The Khmer have no more writing records of their history and culture. all were burnt or destroyed in the years of madness. The only thing that remains is inscriptions on temples.

Whatever. Whereever. We should never intervene again. Never.

Vietnam should intervene in Cambodia and Laos.

@Silent Knight care to share your opinion on this message? Thanks.
Well, we won't intervene in case of another public unrest and/or civil war in Cambodia. A 50km buffer zone is good enough. World's changing, it's not 1979 anymore.

Overthrowing the Pol Pot regime and staying there for 10 years were necessary to assure the Pol Pot remnants would not rise again. It was a retaliate war after many atrocities committed against Vietnamese population, not an unprovoked invasion as many believed.

news of the day: the truck company Kamaz (Russia) is expected to deliver 1,000 KAMAZ-43253 4x2 trucks to Vietnam this year. After it delivered 700 trucks in 2015.

anh-cac-loai-xe-tai-cua-quan-doi-nhan-dan-viet-nam.JPG

what will the army do with 1,700 Kamaz trucks?

1463905088_ả.jpg

1463905111_ạ.jpg

1463905131_â.jpg

1463905155_ă.jpg

as the truck has a payload of 7.5 tons, one thing I have in mind why not mounting a 152mm howitzer :tup:

phao-binh-viet-nam-lo-mat-trong-bang-xep-hang-global-firepower_41442164.jpg

news of the day: the truck company Kamaz (Russia) is expected to deliver 1,000 KAMAZ-43253 4x2 trucks to Vietnam this year. After it delivered 700 trucks in 2015.

anh-cac-loai-xe-tai-cua-quan-doi-nhan-dan-viet-nam.JPG

what will the army do with 1,700 Kamaz trucks?

1463905088_ả.jpg

1463905111_ạ.jpg

1463905131_â.jpg

1463905155_ă.jpg

as the truck has a payload of 7.5 tons, one thing I have in mind why not mounting a 152mm howitzer :tup:

phao-binh-viet-nam-lo-mat-trong-bang-xep-hang-global-firepower_41442164.jpg
4*2 truck as howitzer chassis? you expect the howitzer to be operated on paved roads only, so zero requirements on offroad performance?

4*2 truck as howitzer chassis? you expect the howitzer to be operated on paved roads only, so zero requirements on offroad performance?
152mm guns are too much, but smaller ones like the M1A1 105mm are possible.

14317446_1030522007070759_2665384961024036135_n.jpg

why off-road performance is necessary? nice to have, but not decisive factor.

Nexter 155mm howitzer on a 6x6 truck.
CAESAR_155mm_52_caliber_gun_Nexter_Systems_on_Ashok_Leyland_6x6_military_truck_Defexpo_2014_India_002.jpg

why off-road performance is necessary? nice to have, but not decisive factor.
When I said off-road, I don't mean the capability to climb a very steep slope, or pass through deep water, I won't have that much expectation on a truck with simple chassis design.

What I mean is just the basic off-road performance, e.g. when only one wheel has traction and the remaining three all lost the traction (a very common situation when passing through bad roads that full of holes, or muds after a heavy rain), the vehicle should be able to pass by its own.

Check the following two videos, two Chinese SUVs, one pass the basic off-road test that I described, the other failed.
Success in the off road test:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI3MDQwNTkxMg==.html

Fail in the off road test:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/3788/0/27/Section.html?pvareaid=101505#maodian

The two vehicles shown are just for family purpose, therefore a success or failure on the off-road test doesn't matter that much. But for a military vehicle like the howitzer truck, the basic offroad performance is obviously a must-have.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom