What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Gepard 5 and 6 with Kalibr cruise missiles will impress the audience a bit. Gepard or Sigma in the present configuration are designed to attack in an ambush, hit and run, not in open sea battles. We must wait until air defense destroyer. True, Kilo is the master of sea right now.

it is not a secret the US military Intel monitors and tracks any single Chinese warship including submarine, at port, at sea, day and night. It surprises me a bit how deep the Japanese have involved in the Sosus system. Good to know.
For Indian SOSUS, all the system will be bought from Japan.

If Gepard 5 and 6 keep the same air defense, they are sitting ducks same as the other Gepards.

Ambush and hit and run used to work quite ok in the past before surveillance satellites, UAVs, AWACS, etc. Do you seriously think that the chinese would not be tracking every single Vietnamese ship in a conflict? Its very difficult to hide these days, only subs can hide.
is the Palma air defence system too weak? from the specs, it sounds not too bad.

zing_gepard_5.jpg

zing_gepard_3.jpg

85024.jpg

Anybody here able to provide update on Vietnamese space development?

Military or otherwise?

is the Palma air defence system too weak? from the specs, it sounds not too bad.

Its good but its essentially a CIWS even with the newest 9M311missiles variant which somewhat comparable to HQ-7 . We need something that has a bit of range. Preferably a VLS SAM that can provide an effective air cover. Aster from FREMM seem promising but im not really into French ability to keep thing straight.

Military or otherwise?

Well there is a deal with India for the linking of satellite stations to provide high - quality imagine which can be used for various purpose. Nothing new so far since then.

Got mad, third-world scooter man? lol

The view from the back of that p.o.s you guys claim to be a HALE UAV is even worse than even the frontal previous pic in the video. Damn, that thing is definitely an rc toy, scooter boy. That thing is not 72 feet in wingspan, scooter boy; it is at best 15 feet with one feet per brick. That thing is so tiny and weak; how dare you third-world scooters even compare it to something like the Reaper? What a JOKE. Damn, I have seen students over here build better planes than that p.o.s your scooter phd, scientists, and engineers put together. That thing is so weak, just look at its pathetic landing gears and wings. Those wings will break apart the moment you put it to test in the wind tunnel. Oops, you scooter boy don't have wind tunnel yet, lol. Please, don't even bother mentioning your previous rc toys (that you guys claim to be UAV); you will make the rest of PDFers laugh.

At the end of the day, I drive around in a car, hold U.S Passport, have medical insurance coverage, live in a house, have money to screw beautiful women if I want to. You otoh, hop around miserably in a scooter and sweat all day, hold shitnam passport that got denied visa entry by every country, no medical insurance coverage, live in a mud hut or tube house, have no disposable income to shop for anything including women. I enjoy wayyyyyyyyy higher living standard than you third-world scooter boy and that's all it matters.

LOL obvious troll. There are no other reasons for this damnable persistence.

I'd say that UAV is not bad for a country that eats rice and fish sauce to survive. Imagine the possibilities when their newborn are kept nourished to fully develop their brain. So much potential to cultivate.

Its good but its essentially a CIWS even with the newest 9M311missiles variant which somewhat comparable to HQ-7 . We need something that has a bit of range. Preferably a VLS SAM that can provide an effective air cover. Aster from FREMM seem promising but im not really into French ability to keep thing straight.

Well there is a deal with India for the linking of satellite stations to provide high - quality imagine which can be used for various purpose. Nothing new so far since then.

I see. I heard Japan is also helping Vietnam launch a satellite. Space is like the ocean pre-Columbus, and is the battlefield of the future. Vietnam needs to catch up in this department.

zing_gepard_5.jpg

zing_gepard_3.jpg

85024.jpg

Just think like that what if main radar on this ship would be EL/M-2238 and armed with 16-32 Barak-1 VLS or even 48-64 Barak-1 because of modern design?

If Gepard 5 and 6 keep the same air defense, they are sitting ducks same as the other Gepards.

Ambush and hit and run used to work quite ok in the past before surveillance satellites, UAVs, AWACS, etc. Do you seriously think that the chinese would not be tracking every single Vietnamese ship in a conflict? Its very difficult to hide these days, only subs can hide.
That's why the Gepards and Molniyas will not operate alone and directly against enemy vessels.

They will be in the second line of battle and under cover of land-based long range air defense, with the first line being Kilo subs and Su-30MK2V fighters.

Military or otherwise?
a country with the flag von rising sun sponsors US$683 million for the construction of Vietnam Space Center.
since 2012 under construction, expected to be completed in 2020. the goal is Vietnam made satellites and rockets :enjoy:

http://www.vast.ac.vn/en/news/activ...-ceremony-of-the-vietnam-space-center-project

khoicongvutru3.jpg

khoicongvutru4.jpg

khoicongvutru5.jpg

also, the goal is developing launch vehicles, that can carry satellites into space with the assistance of Japan. I think there is no reason why we should not model our efforts to that of Japan Epsilon program :-)

_86842951_86842950.jpg

japan-epsilon-rocket-launch.jpg

Well i hope you contract STDs soon or got shot in the head while enjoying precious US cum :v Have fun, dip shit. Talking with people that cant understand human logic make my IQ drop a lot. At the end of the day i remember how you and your ancestor got a US passport is all its matter to me, wealth can be gain but dignity ? Yeah sorry if i rather keep a face instead of being kicked in the face by American while begging them to provide me some pension . Pff sitting behind a keyboard and pretend that you know it all ? Student ? Have you even visit a UAV manufacturing companies ? Oh wait YOU DONT. Have you present at the testing of any UAV ? oh wait YOU DONT. Break ? How do you know it will break ? Because it slim ? You know aerodynamic well ? You know UAV material ? You have comparable knowledge to Belgian and Sweden contractors that are on the development team ? oh wait YOU DONT. You DONT know crap about anything. Do i have have to remind you how stupid you sound about the Thailand Armed Force ? You got BACK FLASHED in the face by everyone here. "You will make the rest of PDFers laugh" . Yeah people WILL laugh at an animal on a leash that criticize human just because it can be fed better. So long sucker, talking with you really waste my brain energy, especially with a US ShameCum
What dignity and face do you have for being a scooter boy? lol You're a slave of the Chinese and the russki and they turn you into a third world shitnam; that's comical to be the least. The Chinese and russki drive around in car while you still drive around in a scooter, you must be proud.

It's no wonder that all the pretty women in Vietnam unload you scooter boys and go for guys with U.S, Canada, Australia passport in a snap, lol. Even guys in their 50's like me can EASILY get a pretty girl in her 20's. Heck, I even see pretty girl with a 70-year old man. Money talks, bullchick walks. Welcome to the harsh reality in which you're poor and destitude. No chick wants to be with a scooter boy. lol

Your UAV is nothing but a tiny rc toy. I can buy something similar like that from my local hobby shop, scooter boy. Yours is not a Heron or Reaper, ..not even close. And yes, Thailand military can beat you any day of the week.

And how much is your car payment for the car man? Unlike Vietnam, nearly all car purchases in USA are on credit. You guys live on credit and then later end up on bankruptcy. How much credit card debt do you have? (Average household credit card debt in 2015 is $15,319 and total average household debt is $132,000, like I said, you people live on credit). How about your mortgage payment. You see, in Vietnam, people actually own (fully paid) what they have, unlike in USA.

How much you pay for car insurance man? $1500-2000 a year? That's many times more than in Vietnam. And you probably pray that the police or the highway patrol doesn't find you speeding or your car insurance will skyrocket. You people live in financial fear all the time. Vietnam on the other hand was declared the happiest people on the planet a few weeks ago. I think there is something wrong with your picture man.

Actually Vietnamese have way better health coverage than Americans. In USA everybody worries about having good health insurance and for the many millions that don't have it or have substandard health insurance they pray that they don't get sick, because getting sick in good old United States of America (unlike Europe) can send you to the poorhouse. Most Americans that have good health insurance still worry about the deductibles and the 20% copayment. Wow, great standard of living man. How long is the maternity leave in America? Zero days, only developed country that doesn't have it, but is 6 months in Vietnam. And if you are self employed and you have to pay your own health insurance, how much is that man? Lets see, the cheapest type like an HMO like Kaiser is about $1500-2000 a MONTH for a family of 4 right? Wow, those self employed people better be making a lot of money.

You can try to fool the people here that know nothing about USA, but not me kid, I lived there 25 years and I'm way happier living in Vietnam and enjoying it here and by the way, the middle / upper class in Vietnam is already 17 million people and projected to be 33 million in just 2020 while the middle class in USA is shrinking and poverty is up while poverty in Vietnam is way down.

For your information, there are a lot of people with a lot of money in Vietnam and if you spend some time here, you'll easily see it. How many millions are on welfare in USA man? Many !!!

Thats also what I thought, that's why I was asking @William Hung what were the reasons for the FREMM because based on everything that I know, a large ship of that class was not in the plans and is not affordable for Vietnam at the moment.
Son, you can win the nobel pisss prize with that comment in bold and underlined. people in Vietnam are so happy that every one of them is finding all sort of ways to get the hell out asap. Even their prime minister's son bought a house near where I live, lol. Is there anyone who is poor and happy? Let me remind you Vietnam is one of the top ten poorest countries on earth. Let's all be poor so we can be happy. LOL

What would you do if a guy puts a gun on your head?

Do you know this smiling man on the left of the picture?

he is the Chinese Ambassador to Vietnam, Hong Xiaoyong. he is one of the most frequent guests seen in Vietnam´s Army Headquarters, Presidential Palace and the Communist Party Office. Every time before a major event occurs, he is on the scene. Smiling. Be it, before the visit of Barack Obama and Nadrenda Modi to Vietnam, be it before the PCA court issuing a verdict in the Philippine case. I don´t surprise if he puts a loaded gun on the table when talking to the vietnamese. Do you think Vietnam can act what she likes, allying with this and that partner? Chinese have little humour you should know.

48072e78-1e9a-11e6-9777-749fedcc73f5_image_hires.jpg
everyone knows the Chinese got the viet by the balls; even a three-year old kid. This reminds me of Chinese gangsta who tried to expand further south and extort Vietnamese American businesses in the 1980's. When the gangsta came in hordes and start demanding their protection money; little did they know they were facing a bunch of former RVN military personnels. The Viet American did not say anything; they took out their shotguns and open fire first at the gangsta. That was the first and last time Chinese gangsta tried to extort southern California Viet businesses for money.

Nice. The first country with a space elevator will rule space.

What dignity and face do you have for being a scooter boy? lol You're a slave of the Chinese and the russki and they turn you into a third world shitnam; that's comical to be the least. The Chinese and russki drive around in car while you still drive around in a scooter, you must be proud.

It's no wonder that all the pretty women in Vietnam unload you scooter boys and go for guys with U.S, Canada, Australia passport in a snap, lol. Even guys in their 50's like me can EASILY get a pretty girl in her 20's. Heck, I even see pretty girl with a 70-year old man. Money talks, bullchick walks. Welcome to the harsh reality in which you're poor and destitude. No chick wants to be with a scooter boy. lol

Your UAV is nothing but a tiny rc toy. I can buy something similar like that from my local hobby shop, scooter boy. Yours is not a Heron or Reaper, ..not even close. And yes, Thailand military can beat you any day of the week.

Son, you can win the nobel pisss prize with that comment in bold and underlined. people in Vietnam are so happy that every one of them is finding all sort of ways to get the hell out asap. Even their prime minister's son bought a house near where I live, lol. Is there anyone who is poor and happy? Let me remind you Vietnam is one of the top ten poorest countries on earth. Let's all be poor so we can be happy. LOL

Here you have it daddy, learn something, Vietnam is number 5 in the planet and number 2 in Asia Pacific while USA is 108..... outch.... that must hurt your pride......
http://happyplanetindex.org/countries/vietnam/
http://happyplanetindex.org/countries/united-states-of-america

a country with the flag von rising sun sponsors US$683 million for the construction of Vietnam Space Center.
since 2012 under construction, expected to be completed in 2020. the goal is Vietnam made satellites and rockets :enjoy:

http://www.vast.ac.vn/en/news/activ...-ceremony-of-the-vietnam-space-center-project

khoicongvutru3.jpg

khoicongvutru4.jpg

khoicongvutru5.jpg

also, the goal is developing launch vehicles, that can carry satellites into space with the assistance of Japan. I think there is no reason why we should not model our efforts to that of Japan Epsilon program :-)

_86842951_86842950.jpg

japan-epsilon-rocket-launch.jpg
I'm expecting one day for our country :cheers:

everyone knows the Chinese got the viet by the balls; even a three-year old kid. This reminds me of Chinese gangsta who tried to expand further south and extort Vietnamese American businesses in the 1980's. When the gangsta came in hordes and start demanding their protection money; little did they know they were facing a bunch of former RVN military personnels. The Viet American did not say anything; they took out their shotguns and open fire first at the gangsta. That was the first and last time Chinese gangsta tried to extort southern California Viet businesses for money.

You keep saying everybody knows this, everyone knows that, only in your delusional mind daddy.

gangsta? All these years in USA and you still didn't learn to spell English? How about gangster?

Just think like that what if main radar on this ship would be EL/M-2238 and armed with 16-32 Barak-1 VLS or even 48-64 Barak-1 because of modern design?
yes if we can buy the ship design from the bear, then adding components we need :tup:

do you think I don´t know it. Lol. only delusional Chinese triad boys want to extort money from our people in Cali. that is a one-way street for them. because they don´t return home without getting a bunch into their stomach. but the situation in VN is much more difficult. it is grim. the Chinese are more populous and have bigger guns.

zing_gepard_5.jpg

zing_gepard_3.jpg

85024.jpg

First of all, you only have 1 Palma at the front of the ship, it can't cover the back. It needs direct line of sight to guide missiles to target.

Second is the limited range of 8-10 km, too little. Little reaction time to intercept supersonic missiles.

Third, the missiles are guided by laser which means that in cases of heavy fog, rain, etc, its unreliable.

Fourth, it can only intercept missiles flying up to mach 1.5 speed, how about if it has to intercept faster chinese missiles? Bye bye Gepard in that case.

Fifth, it can only intercept 1 missile at the time, but these days its typical to launch a number of missiles against the ship.

You still think its good?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom