What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

What we need is to develop a radar fire control system for the highspeed cannon as seen on US warships.
Every ships have it and it's called MR-123. Or you mean we should develop a new one?

Do you have the spec on that Gatling? What's the rounds per minute? Range? Caliber?
Actually that's an AK-630M without cover and was converted for ground operations.

Every ships have it and it's called MR-123. Or you mean we should develop a new one?

Actually that's an AK-630M without cover and was converted for ground operations.

I can see why. A literal meat grinder. I hope war can be avoided.

Ok I see it. How about installing one or two Gatling guns on the Molynia and Gepard to increase air defense?

Vietnam made 6 barrels Gatling gun

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-3.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-5.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-4.jpg

What we need is to develop a radar fire control system for the highspeed cannon as seen on US warships.

navalproj_daegu.jpg

They already have Gatling guns, what is needed is a short / medium range missile like MICA / SPYDER or better. These type of missiles will work with the radar of the ship and they lock on after launch so the installation is easy, just the VLS and the control unit, that's all. Its also cheap.

Its seem that after French, UK also step up his moves in the region.

"Britain and Vietnam are building fresh ties after their respective defense ministers quietly met to discuss future cooperation. The move comes as Vietnam scopes out potential new allies to strengthen its hand against China.

The meeting also comes as the Southeast Asian state is working on establishing warm relations with another Asian giant, India, and receiving direct military support from Japan at a time when its relations with China are at a particularly low ebb.

Although barely reported on in the UK press, Ministry of Defence (MoD) minister Earl Howe met with Vietnam’s Deputy Defense Minister Nguyen Chi Vinh before a conference on UN peacekeeping in London on Thursday."

https://www.rt.com/uk/358691-vietnam-relations-china-sea/

There is indeed something going on.
General Lt. Nguyen chi Vinh is for a 3 day visit to England. Vinh is the strategic head of Vietnam armed forces.

ttxvn_chivinh160908.jpg

Ok I see it. How about installing one or two Gatling guns on the Molynia and Gepard to increase air defense?

Vietnam made 6 barrels Gatling gun

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-3.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-5.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-phao-da-nong-tren-bo-cua-viet-nam-hinh-4.jpg

navalproj_daegu.jpg

This is not about Gatling gun, but about integration with radar and CIC ( Combat Information Center), which Vietnam cant do as IP rights of Gepard belong to Russia.

Otherwise, why gatling gun? Why not Barak-1?

Exactly. I don't know if it is very difficult to make fire control radar for our Gatling gun, if not it is just half useful. But such a rotating gun on the ground even without radar makes an impressive firepower :cheers:

Exactly. I don't know if it is very difficult to make fire control radar for our Gatling gun, if not it is just half useful. But such a rotating gun on the ground even without radar makes an impressive firepower :cheers:
Its not about difficult,

Its about integration, which Russia never allow and slap IP rights over face of Vietnam.

This is not about Gatling gun, but about integration with radar and CIC ( Combat Information Center), which Vietnam cant do as IP rights of Gepard belong to Russia.

Otherwise, why gatling gun? Why not Barak-1?
My friend It is all about how to strengthen our industrial military complex. First thing first. Besides we lack money for buying this and that.

My friend It is all about how to strengthen our industrial military complex. First thing first. Besides we lack money for buying this and that.
See, the economy of Israel is also not some Trillion of dollars, but they doing things smartly. Even the Philippines done smartly with procurement of new frigate.

They know they doesnt have the infrastructure to build ship, thats why they contacted third party only to build the ship without weapon fitment and sensors.

Like in case of Israel,they procured weapon fitment and sensors from other party like IAI. Why not Vietnam do so? That is must if Vietnam buy Gepard, then the weapon system, CMS etc etc should be from Russia?

Even in India case, India added Barak missiles in INS Vikramaditya,, even when whole ship was coming from Russia.

But I am unable to understand why Vietnam missing this point? I think before buying a ship Vietnam doing negotiations very badly.

Not difficult, Myanmar has already done it.

See, the economy of Israel is also not some Trillion of dollars, but they doing things smartly. Even the Philippines done smartly with procurement of new frigate.

They know they doesnt have the infrastructure to build ship, thats why they contacted third party only to build the ship without weapon fitment and sensors.

Like in case of Israel,they procured weapon fitment and sensors from other party like IAI. Why not Vietnam do so? That is must if Vietnam buy Gepard, then the weapon system, CMS etc etc should be from Russia?

Even in India case, India added Barak missiles in INS Vikramaditya,, even when whole ship was coming from Russia.

But I am unable to understand why Vietnam missing this point? I think before buying a ship Vietnam doing negotiations very badly.

Vietnam is very risk averse. In my view, mixing weapon systems as India does, its the best way, you get the best from everybody. But oh well.

Not difficult, Myanmar has already done it.

Vietnam is very risk averse. In my view, mixing weapon systems as India does, its the best way, you get the best from everybody. But oh well.
Not difficult? Interesting to know.

True. I believe too, the people in the procurement prefer battle and war proven military hardware. Maybe we have too little resources neither money nor time for trails and errors.

We don't know many things because they happen under the surface. Not knowing is not equal not happening. Fact is Vietnam cooperates with partners and friends looking how to strengthen our armed forces. Look, nearly unknown to the public, this week a military delegation flies to London holding talks with the British defence ministry, foreign office, think tanks and defence companies. I think it is good to copy and learn how the British operates the Army. Small island but powerful Navy.

Many things also, I like to see in ours: air defense destroyer and nuclear powered submarine :-)

produced by Z111 factory, Vietnam made Kalashnikov AK-103 assault rifle 7.62×39mm, with grenade launcher M-203

ngac-nhien-khau-sung-truong-ak-103-viet-namche-tao.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-sung-truong-ak-103-viet-namche-tao-hinh-3.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-sung-truong-ak-103-viet-namche-tao-hinh-4.jpg

ngac-nhien-khau-sung-truong-ak-103-viet-namche-tao-hinh-2.jpg

Both sides agreed to effectively implement the Joint Vision Statement on India-Vietnam Defence Relations of May 2015. Prime Minister Narendra Modi reaffirmed India's significant interest in promoting defence industry cooperation between the two sides and committed to provide a new Line of Credit for Vietnam in this area. Both sides welcomed the signing of the contract for Offshore High-speed Patrol Boats between M/s Larsen & Toubro and Vietnam Border Guards utilizing the US$100 million Line of Credit for defence procurement extended by India to Vietnam. Prime Minister Modi announced a grant of US$ 5 million for the construction of an Army Software Park at the Telecommunications University in Nha Trang.

The Prime Ministers welcomed the signing of the MOU on Cyber Security between Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology of India and the transfer of equipment to the Indian funded Indira Gandhi High-Tech Crime Laboratory. They agreed to an early conclusion of the MOU for cooperation between the National Security Council Secretariat of India and the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam, emphasized the need to establish the Deputy Ministerial level dialogue and to enhance cooperation on traditional and non-traditional security matters, cyber security, counter-terrorism, transnational crimes, disaster management and response, and undertaking training and capacity building programmes.

The two Leaders emphasized that enhancing bilateral economic engagement is a strategic objective. In this regard, they requested the related ministries and agencies on both sides to explore substantive and practical measures to achieve the trade target of US$15 billion by 2020, including but not limited to: utilizing established mechanisms such as the Joint Sub-Commission on Trade, intensifying the exchanges among states of India and provinces of Vietnam, strengthening exchanges of delegation and Business-to-Business contacts, regular organization of trade fairs and events such as the India-CLMV Business Conclave and Vietnam - India Business Forum.

Both sides encouraged greater two-way investment between Vietnam and India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomed Vietnamese companies to take advantage of the various schemes and facilities offered under the 'Make in India' programme. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc welcomed Indian companies to invest in Vietnam and affirmed Vietnam's commitment to create favourable conditions and facilitation for Indian investments in accordance with Vietnamese laws. Prime Minister Modi sought facilitation of the Government of Vietnam for major Indian investments such as Tata Power's Long Phu-II 1320MW thermal power project for achieving contractual conclusion.

The Prime Ministers expressed satisfaction at signing of the Inter-Governmental Framework Agreement between the two countries for Exploration of Outer Space for Peaceful Purposes and urge both sides to soon conclude the Implementing Arrangement between the Indian Space Research Organisation and Vietnam Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment on Establishment of Tracking and Data Reception Station and Data Processing Facility in Vietnam under the India-ASEAN Space Cooperation. The Vietnamese side welcomed the establishment of the facility which would increase capabilities of Vietnam and ASEAN countries in remote sensing with numerous commercial and scientific applications.

Both Vietnam and India stressed the need for reform of the United Nations and expansion of the UN Security Council in both the permanent and the non-permanent categories of membership, with enhanced representation from developing countries. Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed gratitude for Vietnam's consistent support to India's candidature for permanent membership of a reformed and expanded UNSC. The Prime Ministers reaffirmed support for each other's candidature for non-permanent membership of the UNSC, Vietnam for the term 2020-21 and India for the term 2021-22. Both sides expressed satisfaction at the conclusion of the Program of Cooperation in UN Peacekeeping Matters. The Indian side expressed its commitment to capacity building and training to enable Vietnam's participation in UN peacekeeping operations.

Noting the Award issued on 12 July 2016 of the Arbitral Tribunal constituted under the Annex VII to the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of Sea (UNCLOS), both sides reiterated their support for peace, stability, security, safety and freedom of navigation and over flight, and unimpeded commerce, based on the principles of international law, as reflected notably in the UNCLOS. Both sides also called on all states to resolve disputes through peaceful means without threat or use of force and exercise self-restraint in the conduct of activities that could complicate or escalate disputes affecting peace and stability, respect the diplomatic and legal processes, fully observe the Declaration on the conduct of parties in the South China Sea (DOC) and soon finalize the Code of Conduct (COC). They also recognised that the sea lanes of communication passing through the South China Sea are critical for peace, stability, prosperity and development. Vietnam and India, as State Parties to the UNCLOS, urged all parties to show utmost respect for the UNCLOS, which establishes the international legal order of the seas and oceans.

The following Agreements were signed in the presence of the two Prime Ministers:

(i) Framework Agreement on Cooperation in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space for Peaceful Purposes;
(ii) Protocol for Amending the Agreement on Avoiding Double Taxation;
(iii) Program of Cooperation in UN Peacekeeping Matters;
(iv) Protocol between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam and the Ministry of External Affairs of India on Celebrating 2017 as the "Year of Friendship”;
(v) MOU on Health Cooperation;
(vi) MOU on Cooperation in Information Technology;
(vii) MOU on Cooperation between the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences and the Indian Council of World Affairs;
(viii) MOU on cooperation in Cyber Security;
(ix) MOU between the Bureau of Indian Standards and Directorate for Standard, Metrology and Quality for Cooperation in the Fields of Standardization and Conformity Assessment;
(x) MOU on Establishment of the Centre of Excellence in Software Development and Training;
(xi) Technical Agreement on Sharing of White Shipping Information;
(xii) Contract for Offshore High-speed Patrol Boats;.

http://www.mea.gov.in/bilateral-doc...during_the_visit_of_Prime_Minister_to_Vietnam

This is L&T OPV

uOeCKvL.jpg

offshore-patrol-vehicles.png

@Farhan Bohra

The ships look not too bad. Yes, I think we need more patrol ships. At least 130 ships of medium and large size. that will be about the number of ships the Chinese deployed along with oil rig into our EEZ waters not long ago, bringing both countries on the verge of an armed confrontation. When media reported of mass concentration of Chinese army along the common border and part of mobilization of Vietnam armed forces.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom