What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Well it's a EADS CASA C212 produce under licence by Indonesian aerospace. Viet Nam coast guard already operate a few C212 already, Viet Nam just order a new batch?

There is 2012 news saying that PT Dirgantara market C 212 to Philipine, Thailand, and Vietnam. So it seems the marketing effort is really success. Your military officers have also visited PT Dirgantara several years ago.

Last edited:
if war breaks out, any runway is a target, regardless be located either on mainland or island. consider, our fighter jets Su27/30 need about 15 min to reach Spratlys. and that´s sometimes in crisis it is too long, too late. unless we have long runways and hangars on islands for our jets.
su-30-viet-nam1.jpg.0.500.cache

the army shall put heavy anti aircraft defence on islands once runways are constructed.
SA3_ten_lua_phong_khong_Viet_Nam__TQ_cho_la_trien_khai_tren_quan_dao_Truong_Sa.jpg
The airbases on the Vietnam mainland are much harder to destroy, PLA need to go through multiple layers of anti-aircraft defenses before reaching the target. And mainland airbases are much larger, so you need a lot of more bombs and missiles to disable them. Also you have more heavy equipments, resources and manpower to quickly repair the runway. And I don't think the Chinese will station any jetfighters on those tiny islands, it will be suicide. I just think they build those runways to show that they own the place and will stay permanently. PLA generals sometime think and doing stuffs more for showing/saving face than rational/logical

Last edited:
There is 2012 news saying that PT Dirgantara market C 212 to Philipine, Thailand, and Vietnam. So it seems the marketing effort is really success. Your military officers have also visited PT Dirgantara several years ago.
we used to order the aircraft in spain. do you know how many aircraft we have ordered in your country and what capacity the bird has?

The airbases on the Vietnam mainland are much harder to destroy, PLA need to go through multiple layers of anti-aircraft defenses before reaching the target. And mainland airbases are much larger, so you need a lot of more bombs and missiles to disable them. Also you have more heavy equipments, resources and manpower to quickly repair the runway. And I don't think the Chinese will station any jetfighters on those tiny islands, it will be suicide. I just think they build those runways to show that they own the place and will stay permanently. PLA generals sometime think and doing stuffs more for showing/saving face than rational/logical
I don´t think the chinese spend billions of dollar creating artificial islands, runways and other civil and military facilities just for fun. no. their aim is obviously: controlling the SC Sea by their military outposts. they will station aircraft and missiles on the islands. 100 per cent. I want to be an optimist, but I think we must calculate with the worst case scenario.

right now we have 48 outposts in the Spratlys, but no runway long enough to host our fighter jets. again, the jets need 15 min to get there if a crisis ever occurs. why isn´t it possible for us to create a comprehensive defence network with our 48 outposts, to protect the islands and jets? the runway can be used by the jets in case of an emergency landing. technical reason for example. also, our fighter jets can extend the operation radius if they start from spratlys. we can react quicker if the jets are there. two are enough as quick reaction force.

8046_5243b916119c0-386x297.jpg

2905_spratly_map_729.png

Last edited:
we used to order the aircraft in spain. do you know how many aircraft we have ordered in your country and what capacity the bird has?

Yup, you ordered the last N 212 400 from Airbus Military (EADS). The production facility has been shut down there as they focuses on large aircraft now. And as we have cooperation with Airbus Military and also Airbus, so N 212 production is still exist but only in Indonesia so any one must order from us if they are interested on the plane.

I dont know how many you have ordered, but there is one that has been in assembling line now. You can search via google to understand the plane further though.

So more for the Coast Guard , I kind of expecting more C-295 , still great new though

Another of Coast Guard Air Asset

Attachments

• DHC-6 close in.jpg
    DHC-6 close in.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 49
Yup, you ordered the last N 212 400 from Airbus Military (EADS). The production facility has been shut down there as they focuses on large aircraft now. And as we have cooperation with Airbus Military and also Airbus, so N 212 production is still exist but only in Indonesia so any one must order from us if they are interested on the plane.

I dont know how many you have ordered, but there is one that has been in assembling line now. You can search via google to understand the plane further though.
ok, didn´t know that Spain stops producing the aircraft. the airforce seems sastified by the aircraft, that makes sense ordering them more at Indonesia if demand is there. maybe the VPN may have placed one or two aircraft to check out the quality.

do you know if you have such C-295 variant?

C295-winglets-FF.jpg

high-altitude long-endurance (HALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)

I have just found a detailed report (with video of the test flights) on VN first high attitude long range unarmed drone HS-6L: 22 m wingspan, endurance of 35 hours, range of 4,000 km, twin-boom, powered by a Rotax 914 engine, starting patrolling the SC Sea in second quarter of 2016.

Tăng cường hợp tác về KHCN giữa Công an - Quân đội - antv

upload_2016-1-10_15-8-16.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-5-57.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-5-4.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-6-32.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-9-8.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-9-40.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-10-30.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-15-54.png

Last edited:
ok, didn´t know that Spain stops producing the aircraft. the airforce seems sastified by the aircraft, that makes sense ordering them more at Indonesia if demand is there. maybe the VPN may have placed one or two aircraft to check out the quality.

do you know if you have such C-295 variant?

C295-winglets-FF.jpg

As far as I know this is still prototype and under testing currently.

Headquarter of the division 308, one of elite units of the army, affectively responsible to protect the gateway to Hanoi, should enemy tanks break through the layers of border defence lines.

the banner reads: discipline is the strength of an army.
151218043624_military2.jpg

151218043653_military5.jpg

I've heard that the order if for another 3 aircraft.

I don´t think the chinese spend billions of dollar creating artificial islands, runways and other civil and military facilities just for fun. no. their aim is obviously: controlling the SC Sea by their military outposts. they will station aircraft and missiles on the islands. 100 per cent. I want to be an optimist, but I think we must calculate with the worst case scenario.

right now we have 48 outposts in the Spratlys, but no runway long enough to host our fighter jets. again, the jets need 15 min to get there if a crisis ever occurs. why isn´t it possible for us to create a comprehensive defence network with our 48 outposts, to protect the islands and jets? the runway can be used by the jets in case of an emergency landing. technical reason for example. also, our fighter jets can extend the operation radius if they start from spratlys. we can react quicker if the jets are there. two are enough as quick reaction force.

8046_5243b916119c0-386x297.jpg

2905_spratly_map_729.png

The chinese can do it because they have the power to back up whatever they deploy in those islands, those islands and runways are big enough not only for fighter jets, but for any kind of large planes, big radars, air defense systems, etc and its all backed up by a big fleet with powerful air defense destroyers (Type 52D). They can deploy assets from the mainland as needed. Still, its all vulnerable to Vietnam's ballistic missiles. Its not too difficult to destroy those islands with ballistic missiles. And even in that case, if they get destroyed, what the chinese will lose is actually of little significance considering all the military assets that they have.

For Vietnam on the other hand, it would be suicidal to deploy fighter jets or to base any important ships there or anything of importance for that matter. Those assets would get taken out easily at the start of a conflict and there isn't much that Vietnam can do to protect them. Those assets would be sitting ducks waiting to be destroyed.

China can deploy more fighter jets to those islands than what the whole Vietnamese air force has; the chinese navy can do the same with their naval assets. Vietnam needs to lay low and in case of war use stand off weapons such as the ballistic missiles and anti ship missile attacks from the air force and small naval units, assuming that they can get close enough. The Kilo submarines should be able to do a good job. Other than that, those islands will get taken in no time, they are not defensible by their own means, at least not against a big power like the chinese.

I used to ask SK in the past about deploying fighter jets to the islands and he said: no way in hell, they'll get taken out in a surprise attack at the start of a conflict. Plus, the marine environment is very nasty for aircraft. Also, the Vietnamese islands are way too small at the moment, they can't support permanent deployment of aircraft and all the support systems for them, etc. Runways need to be much longer.

Last edited:
Type 53/65 torp with 530mm warhead

Attachments

• loading Type-53 torp.jpg
    loading Type-53 torp.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,321
Back
Top Bottom