What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Zhou, contrary to some rumours and popular beliefs, I don´t have classifield information. am just a simple poster. this thread, as I once said, is for fanboys or fangirls being interested of VN Military activities, her relation to the world and Vietnam´s history. I may come back later to your questions, but here I want to share with you the recent pictures of the two remaining Kilo Submarines, Đà Nẵng and Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, currently on sea trails in the russian waters, and soon being transfered to our Navy.

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81530978.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81519818.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81516356.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81518710.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81517819.jpg

Last edited:
Zhou, I want to share with you the recent pictures of the two remaining Kilo Submarines, Đà Nẵng and Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, currently on sea trails in the russian waters, and soon being transfered to our Navy.

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81530978.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81519818.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81516356.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81518710.jpg

anh-moi-cua-tau-ngam-da-nang-ba-riavung-tau-tai-nga_81517819.jpg

thanks for the sharing. But why not answer my questions to your Russian bombs post first?

thanks for the sharing. But why not answer my questions to your Russian bombs post first?
ok, about the guidance, you know certainly when dropped in freefall, the laser/opto-electronic bombs are guided by the signals of GPS or ...GLONASS, a russian developed Global Positioning System. the latter right now is said being negotiated with Vietnam. when completed, Russia will build ground stations in Vietnam, we will have direct access to the system. But I think it is unfair to perform direct comparison between Vietnam and China Armies, considering the huge imbalance of power. we still have a long way to go. China enjoys a very long period of peace since end of the World War II, so 70 years, while we just came out more or less since 25 years. that is a span of 45 years of development. not to mention we start by ZERO, because the US-Vietnam war virtually destroyed everything to infrastructures.

you may compare yourself to the United States. you have global ambition, haven´t you?

Russian Glonass welcomed in Vietnam - News VietNamNet
20150507064717-scitech-glonass.jpg

Last edited:
ok, about the guidance, you know certainly when dropped in freefall, the laser/opto-electronic bombs are guided by the signals of GPS or ...GLONASS, a russian developed Global Positioning System. the latter right now is said being negotiated with Vietnam. when completed, Russia will build ground stations in Vietnam, we will have direct access to the system. But I think it is unfair to perform direct comparison between Vietnam and China Armies, considering the huge imbalance of power. we still have a long way to go. China enjoys a very long period of peace since end of the World War II, so 70 years, while we just came out more or less since 25 years. that is a span of 45 years of development. not to mention we start by ZERO, because the US-Vietnam war virtually destroyed everything to infrastructures.

you may compare yourself to the United States. you have global ambition, haven´t you?

Russian Glonass welcomed in Vietnam - News VietNamNet
20150507064717-scitech-glonass.jpg

Hey man, I'm talking about the satellites that taking pictures! To throw your bomb on the Chinese target, you at least need to know where it is, right? So for example, an air defense unit of China, Monday morning, it was at 10km eastern to Kunming, but maybe the next morning, this unit has been moved to 20km western to Kunming. To hit this target, you need your satellite to update you the most recent location information of the CN unit. Right? But can the navigation satellite, be it American GPS, or Russian Glonass, take pictures for you?

China today is of course lagging behind US in terms of military technology. But the good news to us is that the gap is becoming SMALLER! We are quickly catching up in almost all areas, stealth fighters, long-distance cruiser missiles, Aegis destroyers, Missile Defense Systems, Anti-satellite technologies, nuclear submarines, AWACS, blabla. Take navigation satellite as the example, we already have our own navigation constellation on the orbit! Currently there are 10+ Chinese Beidou satellites on orbit, sufficient enough to cover Asia. And we will have close 30 Beidous in 2020, which will enable us for a GLOBAL coverage.

Sounds that Vietnam has two extremely long coast lines that facing with the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea respectively? Could you show me the World Map that you are using??

To embargo Viet Nam, you need to seal off all the borders (occupy Cambodia and Laos), the coastline and the airspace. And be on alert to have the VPA breach here and there... That the map im using. So PLA doesn't have the manpower and equipments to do that, and it's not worth it for China in term of benefits to do that[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I'm talking about the satellites that taking pictures! To throw your bomb on the Chinese target, you at least need to know where it is, right? So for example, an air defense unit of China, Monday morning, it was at 10km eastern to Kunming, but maybe the next morning, this unit has been moved to 20km western to Kunming. To hit this target, you need your satellite to update you the most recent location information of the CN unit. Right? But can the navigation satellite, be it American GPS, or Russian Glonass, take pictures for you?

China today is of course lagging behind US in terms of military technology. But the good news to us is that the gap is becoming SMALLER! We are quickly catching up in almost all areas, stealth fighters, long-distance cruiser missiles, Aegis destroyers, Missile Defense Systems, Anti-satellite technologies, nuclear submarines, AWACS, blabla. Take navigation satellite as the example, we already have our own navigation constellation on the orbit! Currently there are 10+ Chinese Beidou satellites on orbit, sufficient enough to cover Asia. And we will have close 30 Beidous in 2020, which will enable us for a GLOBAL coverage.

You don't need all the time a satellite to hit a target. A good recon unit deep inside the enemy territories can do the job of sending gps datas for targeting, good old style work just fine.

To embargo Viet Nam, you need to seal off all the borders (occupy Cambodia and Laos), the coastline and the airspace. And be on alert to have the VPA breach here and there... That the map im using. So PLA doesn't have the manpower and equipments to do that, and it's not worth it for China in term of benefits to do that
[/QUOTE]

We are talking about the high-tech stuff transported to Vietnam in war time, e.g. missiles, radars, warships. Given the weight and size, you have no choice but to do the transportation via ships. And you need a well-equipped port as the final destination, because crane is a necessity!

For Laos and Cambodia, in case one day a war between China and Vietnam happens, which side will they stand? Stand with the winner? or the loser? If you are the top leader of Laos or Cambodia, tell me you choice.

Automation of ZU-23, from 5 men crew is now 1 person crew
images1591782_180.jpg
images1591783_181.jpg

You don't need all the time a satellite to hit a target. A good recon unit deep inside the enemy territories can do the job of sending gps datas for targeting, good old style work just fine.

So you mean the recon unit are all supermen that could always escape the hunts of the Chinese military force?? Right??

So you mean the recon unit are all supermen that could always escape the hunts of the Chinese military force?? Right??

You have zero military background, all you know is stuffs from internet and books about hightech stuffs, you know nothing about be operational on the field. Infantry win battles and war. You cant win with only missiles and bombs, ship and planes (it help but it's not decisive... just look at the Americans with the Islamic state, it over 1 and half years of bombing and still bombing). All great armies, including PLA have great special forces that can go deep inside territories and operate for a period of time. Look at the 2 Koreas, Despite the heavily fortified border and coastline, North Korea can send easily teams of special forces inside South Korea and vice versa. Is South China borders is as much heavy guarded as Korea?

Last edited:
You have zero military background, all you know is stuffs from internet and books about hightech stuffs, you know nothing about be operational on the field. Infantry win battles and war. You cant win with only missiles and bombs, ship and planes (it help but it's not decisive). All great armies, including PLA have great special forces that can go deep inside territories and operate for a period of time. Look at the 2 Koreas, Despite the heavily fortified border and coastline, North Korea can send easily team of special forces inside South Korea. South China borders is as much heavy guarded as Korea?
Why don't you send your superior knowledge to VN army? Why not telling them to stop the investment on navy and air units, but to put all money on your superman units?

The special units could make damage to china. They could even slaughter an entire village if they were sensed by the people there. But there is no way for you to depend on this for a final victory. The more criminals your superman did in China, the harder revenge we will make.

Why don't you send your superior knowledge to VN army? Why not telling them to stop the investment on navy and air units, but to put all money on your superman units?

The special units could make damage to china. They could even slaughter an entire village if they were sensed by the people there. But there is no way for you to depend on this for a final victory. The more criminals your superman did in China, the harder revenge we will make.

Listen, you talk about satellite and targeting. I told you, you can do it with Recon teams. Then you say they are supermen, then told you it's very easy to do so by looking at the Koreas special ops teams...then you saying killing civilian. Please dont turn my answer up side down and adding sentence I didn't (like killing civilians). Im sharing my opinions and knowledge with you. When it's good just say nothing instead of talking no sense

I don't need to tell them, VPA are among the best in term of sabotage and special ops, they have decades of combat experience and have larges units already. Dac Cong was used to go inside US bases to kill and sabotage, Go inside Thailand to kill and monitor Khmer Rouge in the 1980-90s and inside China in 1979 war for sabotage and attacking rear units. It's just you who so focusing in hightech war with aegis, missiles, satellite, ect. and neglect the mother of all arms: Infantry

Listen, you talk about satellite and targeting. I told you, you can do it with Recon teams. Then you say they are supermen, then told you it's very easy to do so by looking at the Koreas special ops teams...then you saying killing civilian. Please dont turn my answer up side down and adding sentence I didn't (like killing civilians). Im sharing my opinions and knowledge with you. When it's good just say nothing instead of talking no sense

I don't need to tell them, VPA are among the best in term of sabotage and special ops, they have decades of combat experience and have larges units already. Dac Cong was used to go inside US bases to kill and sabotage, Go inside Thailand to kill and monitor Khmer Rouge in the 1980-90s and inside China in 1979 war for sabotage and attacking rear units. It's just you who so focusing in hightech war with aegis, missiles, satellite, ect. and neglect the mother of all arms: Infantry
I start to feel angry, because you obviously don't think carefully before you send out your posts. Fine, I promise to stay polite. And I will not break my promise.

Now let me answer your questions.

Superman unit: PLA will show an immediate response after they sense the presence of your special units in China. You should not expect PLA would be blind to your soldiers till the last day of the war. PLA may not know the accurate positions of your men initially, but this will not intervene them to send army, armed police or militiaman for the search and hunts. Your well trained unit could get the fortunate to be escaped from the hunts once or twice, but if they be escaped from the troops, from the dogs, from the helicopters, from the UAVs again and again and again, could you think of any reason other than superman?

Killing civilians: we are talking about a potential case in Yunnan or Guangxi. Both with big population size that close to Vietnam's. For your active units in China, there is NO CHANCE that they never face any civilians during their operations. Let's assume they pass by a small village and be seen by s small kid. The kid then told parents about it. Now the Chinese civilians see some soldiers with guns, looks tired and very dirty, some of them even have blood/wounds on head, hands or legs. What's more important is that they cannot speak Chinese, or just speak very basic Chinese but in an strange tone. Do you expect these Chinese people be ignorant to your soldiers? Or you think the Chinese would believe this is nothing but Halloween? No! They will call the army immediately after your soldiers leave. For your special unit, there is nothing more dangerous than losing the anonymity. If you are the chief of such a VN unit that has been watched by civilians, and you are fully aware of the danger that these Chinese will call PLA after you leave, which will lead a heavy hunt by troops, dogs, helicopters and UAVs to you. For safety of you own and your people, do you have any other choice other than killing all the innocent people?? Answer me!

Let me be clear to you: Once Vietnam decides to send its special units to penetrate to China deep, killing innocent people will become an inevitable outcome. And the more criminals your boys do in China, the harder the revenge we will make.

North and South Korea: the reasons that special unit from the north is great threat to south is that:
A) they speak the SAME language!!!
B) Seoul is just 40km far to the north/south border line. North could even dig multiple tunnels till the city center of Seoul, they have sufficient time for this! The special units from DPRK could even penetrate to Seoul directly via the tunnels and launch a direct attack on the presidential site of the South!

But for the China vs. Vietnam case we talking about, do the two countries speak the same language?? Is Beijing close to the China/Vietnam border line? Even Kunming is 250km far away from the border!! You really expect your superman to suddenly show up at the Tian An Men Square and make a sudden attack on Xi's bed room?

Learning military knowledge from books and internet: there is nothing wrong for me to learn knowledge from books and internet. At least I show a right attitude for learning new knowledge and digest the knowledge with my own thinking! Definitely much better than an old fossil that fully immersed in the old glory time and could not get out of the illusion! This guy even believes if a tactic could be successful once, then it must be successful forever. I guess maybe he even believes knight could still dominate the battlefield today! And battleship is still ruler of the sea! This guy also believes if a tactic is fitted with country A, then it must also be fitted with B. He even doesn't want to spend time to think of the HUGE difference between country A and country B. Or maybe a careful thinking is too complicated to his small brain.

Last edited:
just look at the Americans with the Islamic state, it over 1 and half years of bombing and still bombing)

I told you again and again and again, the reason for the troubles of US with Islamic states is that US wants to hold control on LAND!! It wants to sweep out all enemies from the land of Iraq. But if US just wants to get some Iraqi islands and never show any interests on the land of Iraq, can any one on the globe make US stopped???

I start to feel angry, because you obviously don't think carefully before you send out your posts. Fine, I promise to stay polite. And I will not break my promise.

Now let me answer your questions.

Superman unit: PLA will show an immediate response after they sense the presence of your special units in China. You should not expect PLA would be blind to your soldiers till the last day of the war. PLA may not know the accurate positions of your men initially, but this will not intervene them to send army, armed police or militiaman for the search and hunts. Your well trained unit could get the fortunate to be escaped from the hunts once or twice, but if they be escaped from the troops, from the dogs, from the helicopters, from the UAVs again and again and again, could you think of any reason other than superman?

Killing civilians: we are talking about a potential case in Yunnan or Guangxi. Both with big population size that close to Vietnam's. For your active units in China, there is NO CHANCE that they never face any civilians during their operations. Let's assume they pass by a small village and be seen by s small kid. The kid then told parents about it. Now the Chinese civilians see some soldiers with guns, looks tired and very dirty, some of them even have blood/wounds on head, hands or legs. What's more important is that they cannot speak Chinese, or just speak very basic Chinese but in an strange tone. Do you expect these Chinese people be ignorant to your soldiers? Or you think the Chinese would believe this is nothing but Halloween? No! They will call the army immediately after your soldiers leave. For your special unit, there is nothing more dangerous than losing the anonymity. If you are the chief of such a VN unit that has been watched by civilians, and you are fully aware of the danger that these Chinese will call PLA after you leave, which will lead a heavy hunt by troops, dogs, helicopters and UAVs to you. For safety of you own and your people, do you have any other choice other than killing all the innocent people?? Answer me!

Let me be clear to you: Once Vietnam decides to send its special units to penetrate to China deep, killing innocent people will become an inevitable outcome. And the more criminals your boys do in China, the harder the revenge we will make.

North and South Korea: the reasons that special unit from the north is great threat to south is that:
A) they speak the SAME language!!!
B) Seoul is just 40km far to the north/south border line. North could even dig multiple tunnels till the city center of Seoul, they have sufficient time for this! The special units from DPRK could even penetrate to Seoul directly via the tunnels and launch a direct attack on the presidential site of the South!

But for the China vs. Vietnam case we talking about, do the two countries speak the same language?? Is Beijing close to the China/Vietnam border line? Even Kunming is 250km far away from the border!! You really expect your superman to suddenly show up at the Tian An Men Square and make a sudden attack on Xi's bed room?

Learning military knowledge from books and internet: there is nothing wrong for me to learn knowledge from books and internet. At least I show a right attitude for learning new knowledge and digest the knowledge with my own thinking! Definitely much better than an old fossil that fully immersed in the old glory time and could not get out of the illusion! This guy even believes if a tactic could be successful once, then it must be successful forever. I guess maybe he even believes knight could still dominate the battlefield today! And battleship is still ruler of the sea! This guy also believes if a tactic is fitted with country A, then it must also be fitted with B. He even doesn't want to spend time to think of the HUGE difference between country A and country B. Or maybe a careful thinking is too complicated to his small brain.

You angry? What you going to do, writing big words? Im sorry if I made you made but it's sometime frustrating to explain my point and then you stretch it out or you understand some stuff I stry to explain.

You need to detect the recon units and locate them, PLA reaction of intruders is the same to all other countries in the world (so there is nothing surprise or special here...). Massive manhunt is painful and take at lot of resources and time, it take a toll on the police and army forces if it's frequent and long, also you need to know the locations of these constantly moving small units in a thousand km2. China-Vietnam border is thousands kms long, crossing in and out is like a nice walk. Sending dozens of team of 4-5 men inside China at a time (and PLA would do the same ) deep 40-50 km inside China. You are not sending them to Shanghai or Beijing. Those recon units will just monitor PLA and sending positions for targets, they are not going to kill anybody. PLA will do the same, sending recon units into Viet Nam doing the same things

North and South Koreansinsert there special ops by sea on coastline, those tunnels under DMZ are for infantry regiments not special ops. Those Special ops stay low and move at night and never have any contact with the local population. It's useless, they may speak the same language but their northern or southern accents will betray them. All special ops in the world have the same rule, If they get detect by a civilian, you need to kill without exception. A SEAL team got wipe out (only one survive) in 2005 because they spare the life of an Afghan boy who then alert the Taliban.

Western armies use a lot of Special recon team lately, that's because satellites and drones are not reliable enough to avoid civilian casualties. So you need men on the ground to study the target.

I dont mind you reading books and stuffs in the internet, modern warfare is much more then missiles, aegis and satellite. The chunk of efforts in combat are done by men on the ground

You angry? What you going to do, writing big words? Im sorry if I made you made but it's sometime frustrating to explain my point and then you stretch it out or you understand some stuff I stry to explain.

You need to detect the recon units and locate them, PLA reaction of intruders is the same to all other countries in the world (so there is nothing surprise or special here...). Massive manhunt is painful and take at lot of resources and time, it take a toll on the police and army forces if it's frequent and long, also you need to know the locations of these constantly moving small units in a thousand km2. China-Vietnam border is thousands kms long, crossing in and out is like a nice walk. Sending dozens of team of 4-5 men inside China at a time (and PLA would do the same ) deep 40-50 km inside China. You are not sending them to Shanghai or Beijing. Those recon units will just monitor PLA and sending positions for targets, they are not going to kill anybody. PLA will do the same, sending recon units into Viet Nam doing the same things

North and South Koreansinsert there special ops by sea on coastline, those tunnels under DMZ are for infantry regiments not special ops. Those Special ops stay low and move at night and never have any contact with the local population. It's useless, they may speak the same language but their northern or southern accents will betray them. All special ops in the world have the same rule, If they get detect by a civilian, you need to kill without exception. A SEAL team got wipe out (only one survive) in 2005 because they spare the life of an Afghan boy who then alert the Taliban.

Western armies use a lot of Special recon team lately, that's because satellites and drones are not reliable enough to avoid civilian casualties. So you need men on the ground to study the target.

I dont mind you reading books and stuffs in the internet, modern warfare is much more then missiles, aegis and satellite. The chunk of efforts in combat are done by men on the ground

You eventually admitted that killing innocent civilians is an inevitable outcome for you special unit in China! Good. I said it already, the more criminals your boys do in China, the harder the revenge we will make.

Manpower and different kind of resources are definitely required for search and hunting the VN units. I made it very clear already in my previous post. But maybe the two countries, China and Vietnam, they have different perceptions on what kind of resource could be called as "heavy resource". Vietnam thinks 4bn $ a year on military is heavy resource, while China thinks 220bn $ a year is heavy resource.

Want to share you some pictures. It's about hunting some terrorist in Xinjiang. Besides police, there were 30,000 ordinary people joining the efforts! They did a carpet-search and successfully caught the terrorists. In case your unit penetrates to China, such things will be seen in Yunnan or Guangxi as well. We don't expect the ordinary people to fight with your superman, but a shout "hey, these VN guys are here", that's more than enough.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Your special unit could bring some damages to us. But they could not bring Vietnam an eventual victory: there is no chance that they never be watched by our people, and a frequent communication between the unit and its HQs in Vietnam will make the unit's position leaked to us as well. We have sufficient money, sufficient resource, and sufficient manpower to hunt them. As this is the last hope of you, so to respect the glory and honor of yours, we don't mind to play a hunting game with your boys.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom