What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I’ll come back once a while to say hi, sure. Other than that, I don’t see anything interesting in this forum anymore. We used to have interesting members like those from Myanmar, etc. But now its mostly random Chinese posts on trivial stuff or grudge post about Japan, etc.

I’m telling you, this Far East section will just eventually die like CDF. I am already getting bored with this section.

BTW, if you are an academic with post-grad degree, try to get an analyst membership in Wikistrat and spend your time there. Dont waste your time posting serious stuff here because this forum is becoming a joke now, thats my honest opinion.

PDF is kind a place to give us an effective way to practice our writing and also debating skills in English beside a place where fan boys all over the world gather to get some defense information, and also a place for them to release their competitive ( and some time war ) desire :D

In serious term, if only we want to see some kind of benefit of doing this, in my view PDF is just a place to practice for potential people like you to get some kind of debating experience with so many clever and knowledgeable people around the world. Of course not in any time we can have such opportunity in here since some members here are just here for fun or for compensating some thing.

If it is used in healthy way, the site can potentially give its potential member some kind of confidence and experience to make him/her captures better opportunity in his/her real life. If we think this site is just a distraction from our real life goal so it should be our fault then, not this site. So you need to respect this forum buddy...... :-)

It is just a supplement for our real life, and not the real life itself. If you are treated unfairly here, it should not make you hate this site so badly. It is just a forum btw that despite maybe acting against Vietnamese in some way but still can give some opportunity for another "yoro" in Vietnam to test their debating skills in international way that might give some confidence and skills for the benefit of their real life......... :)

Talking about @Nihonjin1051, I think he needs to start writing in Washington Post or even make his own book instead of just writing in Wikistrat as you suggested above.......:devil:

ha ha ha...not my favorite, I prefer "It Never Rains In Southern California", sung by Albert Hammond.

I like California. It is such a wonderful place, a heaven on earth. nice food, good weather, people. to mention, my relatives live there. I often travel to there, always want to return when back home. the state, or cali for short as our exile viets call it, reminds me of my country, where rainfall is as usual as sunshine and darkness. telling you a thing, my friend, the people of vietnam are superstitious. when a rain shower surpises a wedding, it brings luck, say the people. many babies will be born. here in germany, a rain shower does not last long. just short of duration. but everytime when it rains, it brings me back to to times, when I was young boy, running through the streets with others in the neighborhood, enjoying the warm water shower.

off-topic a bit.

cheers!

That's what i'm talking about Viet-sama !

lol, here we face more than just Vietnamese members, the US/Japanese/European/Indian/Turkish/Pinoy members are mostly hostile toward us, but do you see we have any trouble to handle against these members?

You have seriously overestimated yourselves, most Chinese members here are just toying with you guys.

I know you were expecting to become the first Vietnamese think tank, but later you got a bad record of getting banned several times, that's why you become rogue now.

we do comment here on PDF is for fun too.

PDF is kind a place to give us an effective way to practice our writing and also debating skills in English beside a place where fan boys all over the world gather to get some defense information, and also a place for them to release their competitive ( and some time war ) desire :D

In serious term, if only we want to see some kind of benefit of doing this, in my view PDF is just a place to practice for potential people like you to get some kind of debating experience with so many clever and knowledgeable people around the world. Of course not in any time we can have such opportunity in here since some members here are just here for fun or for compensating some thing.

If it is used in healthy way, the site can potentially give its potential member some kind of confidence and experience to make him/her captures better opportunity in his/her real life. If we think this site is just a distraction from our real life goal so it should be our fault then, not this site. So you need to respect this forum buddy...... :-)

It is just a supplement for our real life, and not the real life itself. If you are treated unfairly here, it should not make you hate this site so badly. It is just a forum btw that despite maybe acting against Vietnamese in some way but still can give some opportunity for another "yoro" in Vietnam to test their debating skills in international way that might give some confidence and skills for the benefit of their real life......... :)

Talking about @Nihonjin1051, I think he needs to start writing in Washington Post or even make his own book instead of just writing in Wikistrat as you suggested above.......:devil:

Thanks for the post, I know what you are saying, but I don’t think this forum will tolerate another yoro. Why? Because this yoro was getting warned and banned for minor things that other Chinese members would often get away with. I was being careful to follow all the rules except for making offtopic comments once in a while (and everyone makes offtopic comments in this forum most of the time), but this section’s mod will still find every small excuse to give me infraction. My current infraction is a “off-topic/no-value” post from last week. They only want to keep the naive and easy to manipulate Vietnamese members here and ban the other Vietnamese. But its their forum, their rule. Me and some other members don’t like it, so we just leave.

Anyway, I will drop by once a while to say hi.

,@Yorozuya, @Carlosa :sniper::sniper:

Thanks for the post, I know what you are saying, but I don’t think this forum will tolerate another yoro. Why? Because this yoro was getting warned and banned for minor things that other Chinese members would often get away with. I was being careful to follow all the rules except for making offtopic comments once in a while (and everyone makes offtopic comments in this forum most of the time), but this section’s mod will still find every small excuse to give me infraction. My current infraction is a “off-topic/no-value” post from last week. They only want to keep the naive and easy to manipulate Vietnamese members here and ban the other Vietnamese. But its their forum, their rule. Me and some other members don’t like it, so we just leave.

Anyway, I will drop by once a while to say hi.

Take times study bro and enjoy life:partay::partay::partay:

Hey Carlosa and friends, sorry to bother you all. I´m curious of your opinion. if anyone is still interested. I think this news is of utmost importance for Vietnam this year. Probably the most important political event in the last 10 years. absolutely the highlight. the visits, of the actual and aspirant superpowers, will have a long lasting impact on the polical landscape for the times to come. for Vietnam. if we are smart, we can strike the best deal for our country, both economics and defence. I once opened the thread, I believe the time hasn´t arrived yet to have this thread closed. So oder so.

Balancing act: Vietnam may find itself hosting Barack Obama and Xi Jinping within days of each other

Hanoi's complicated geopolitical position may be drawn into sharp focus when Xi Jinping and Barack Obama arrive for talks later this year

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 15 September, 2015, 11:11pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 17 September, 2015, 9:02am
Kristine Kwok

Kristine.kwok@scmp.com

tpbje201509150ba_0.jpg

US President Barack Obama (left) and Chinese President Xi Jinping may both visit Vietnam within days of each other. Photo: Xinhua

Vietnam may be forced to perform a delicate balancing act should President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart, Barack Obama, visit within the same timeframe, as expected, later this year.

No exact dates have been fixed for Xi's visit - which will be the first in 10 years by a Chinese president. Hanoi's invitation for Xi to visit was accepted last year but sources say Beijing only recently confirmed that Xi would come by the end of this year.

"We could be receiving two of the most important world leaders."
VIETNAMESE DIPLOMAT

It means there could be some intense diplomatic jostling as the visits by the Chinese and American presidents are scheduled so close to each other. The rivalry between the two major powers has intensified, while maritime territorial disputes continue to strain Beijing's ties with Hanoi and Washington.

The most likely timing, according to analysts, will be in November when regional leaders, including Xi, gather in Manila for the annual Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) summit.

This, however, could create a diplomatic challenge for Hanoi as Obama is also likely to swing by Vietnam on his way to Manila.

Read more: Vietnam Communist Party chief to make first US visit as former foes mull China's territorial claims

"We could be receiving two of the most important world leaders around the same time," said one diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Obama's trip will mark the 20th anniversary of diplomatic ties between the former enemies. The two countries have ramped up bilateral ties in recent years as Hanoi seeks to hedge against Beijing's posturing in the South China Sea, while Washington continues its so-called pivot towards Asia, a move China views as containment.

Philippine media reported earlier this year that Xi may boycott the Manila summit because of President Benigno Aquino's position on the South China Sea disputes. But Xu Liping, a researcher with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said a snub by Xi was unlikely.

"Even if Xi did skip the Apec summit, he would still be going to Vietnam," Xu said, adding that Xi could also visit Singapore.

Xi's Southeast Asian tour will be closely watched as China's activities in the South China Sea have frayed its ties with other countries in the region. Vietnam and the Philippines have been the most vocal opponents of Chinese claims.

Read more: ‘We have travelled a remarkable distance’: US Secretary of State John Kerry celebrates alliance with Vietnam

Relations between the communist neighbours nosedived after China parked a giant oil rig in disputed waters off Vietnam's coast. The two countries have made amends since then, but Vietnam has also been cultivating stronger ties with other powers, particularly the US.

While the Chinese leader is expected to use his visit to further mend ties, his trip will come as Hanoi prepares for the 12th party congress next year, when it will elect a new leadership.

"A high-level visit by a Chinese leader is very necessary when Vietnam will have a new leadership next year," said Xu, the CASS researcher.

"It's important that he [Xi] could communicate with all Vietnamese leaders, and it might have certain influence if he gives 'encouragement' to the pro-Beijing figures."

While China insists it upholds a "non-interference" foreign policy, Carl Thayer, an emeritus professor at the University of New South Wales, said Beijing had in the past sought to influence Vietnam's leadership reshuffles.

"Xi would want to use this trip to influence the party congress, and to stop it [Vietnam] from moving towards the US," Thayer said.

Balancing act: Vietnam may find itself hosting Barack Obama and Xi Jinping within days of each other | South China Morning Post

Last edited:
Hey Carlosa and friends, sorry to bother you all.

You never bother me bro.

I think the key here is for Vietnam to resolve its internal differences between the pro china and pro western camps so that it can talk with a unified voice, otherwise these meeting will not have as much substance as it could.

You never bother me bro.

I think the key here is for Vietnam to resolve its internal differences between the pro china and pro western camps so that it can talk with a unified voice, otherwise these meeting will not have as much substance as it could.
thanks bro. internal fighting between various factions within the government is not a new phenomen. that is as old as Vietnam itself. basically the 1,000s year old question: how to deal with China? I can imagine, the pro- and contra-factions shout at each other behind closed doors. My assessment is the reformers around the Prime Minister have the upper hand right now, advancing a pro-west course.

,@Yorozuya, @Carlosa :sniper::sniper:

Take times study bro and enjoy life:partay::partay::partay:
LOL hey Jaimin this thread was created by the @VALKRYIE guy who got banned here. He made a “Chinese love Vietnam” thread at the forum you showed me:

Chinese love Vietnam

LMAO, like exactly what I have said earlier here on PDF, he is just an oversea Vietnamese with an inferiority complex who, deep down inside, want to associate with the Chinese and find acceptance from them lol. I learnt a new word “validation” from that thread. Deep down he just want validations from the Chinese people, thats what I wanted to say before.

The forum looks interesting...if @BoQ77, @NiceGuy, @Viva_Viet join that forum, I will join too.

thanks bro. internal fighting between various factions within the government is not a new phenomen. that is as old as Vietnam itself. basically the 1,000s year old question: how to deal with China? I can imagine, the pro- and contra-factions shout at each other behind closed doors. My assessment is the reformers around the Prime Minister have the upper hand right now, advancing a pro-west course.

Da khong biet gi thi dung co noi chuyen vo van o day nhe.

After what me and some other Vietnamese members had adviced you, why do you keep insisting on posting Vietnamese topics in this forum? Don’t you see that it is your own posts and threads that makes the Chinese troll on VN? Just look at the recent threads and posts that you have created on PDF, the pattern goes like this:

You create a thread/post related to VN, the Chinese inevitably start trolling on it, you then make some silly counter posts, the Chinese continue to troll, you get overwhelmed and leave the thread...you then create a new thread related to VN, the Chinese troll on it and the cycle just continue on and on again.

It sometime makes me think whether you really are a real Vietnamese or just someone here to help the Chinese troll on Viet Nam. But I really think you are just an insecure oversea Vietnamese like that Valkryie guy who is just craving for validation from the Chinese. Why do you stay here and enjoy getting trolled on? Why not move to another forum? You are really that desperate to seek validation from the Chinese here?

I know you have the right to do whatever you want, but my opinion is that you should stop that crap. Before, it was not so bad because there were a lot of Vietnamese members here to clean up the mess that you created, simply because you don’t know how to argue and debate with the Chinese. Now most Vietnamese members are either banned or have left, and all the Chinese trolls are free to troll on the threads or posts you have created. So I’m getting annoyed with your activities here because you are the one who is giving the Chinese the opportunities to troll on Vietnam/Vietnamese when there is hardly any old Vietnamese members here to clean up your mess anymore.

Please kindly take my advice, my final advice. Stop creating Vietnamese related topics/threads here. If you want to discuss about VN without the Chinese trolling then move to another forum...like that forum I posted above. Unless, you just want to stay here because you are craving for validation and acceptance from the Chinese. Bro, don’t be so desperate for validation that you have to continue to stay here to talk with the Chinese when all they do is troll on you. If you stay here, then save everyone the trouble and change your name from Viet and stick to posting topics about Germany or something. Stop posting about Vietnam on PDF if you cant defend yourself.

Last edited:
LOL hey Jaimin this thread was created by the @VALKRYIE guy who got banned here. He made a “Chinese love Vietnam” thread at the forum you showed me:

Chinese love Vietnam

LMAO, like exactly what I have said earlier here on PDF, he is just an oversea Vietnamese with an inferiority complex who, deep down inside, want to associate with the Chinese and find acceptance from them lol. I learnt a new word “validation” from that thread. Deep down he just want validations from the Chinese people, thats what I wanted to say before.

The forum looks interesting...if @BoQ77, @NiceGuy, @Viva_Viet join that forum, I will join too.

Da khong biet gi thi dung co noi chuyen vo van o day nhe.

After what me and some other Vietnamese members had adviced you, why do you keep insisting on posting Vietnamese topics in this forum? Don’t you see that it is your own posts and threads that makes the Chinese troll on VN? Just look at the recent threads and posts that you have created on PDF, the pattern goes like this:

You create a thread/post related to VN, the Chinese inevitably start trolling on it, you then make some silly counter posts, the Chinese continue to troll, you get overwhelmed and leave the thread...you then create a new thread related to VN, the Chinese troll on it and the cycle just continue on and on again.

It sometime makes me think whether you really are a real Vietnamese or just someone here to help the Chinese troll on Viet Nam. But I really think you are just an insecure oversea Vietnamese like that Valkryie guy who is just craving for validation from the Chinese. Why do you stay here and enjoy getting trolled on? Why not move to another forum? You are really that desperate to seek validation from the Chinese here?

I know you have the right to do whatever you want, but my opinion is that you should stop that crap. Before, it was not so bad because there were a lot of Vietnamese members here to clean up the mess that you created, simply because you don’t know how to argue and debate with the Chinese. Now most Vietnamese members are either banned or have left, and all the Chinese trolls are free to troll on the threads or posts you have created. So I’m getting annoyed with your activities here because you are the one who is giving the Chinese the opportunities to troll on Vietnam/Vietnamese when there is hardly any old Vietnamese members here to clean up your mess anymore.

Please kindly take my advice, my final advice. Stop creating Vietnamese related topics/threads here. If you want to discuss about VN without trolling then move to another forum...like that forum I posted above. Don’t be so desperate for validation that you have to continue to stay here to talk with the Chinese when all they do is troll on you. If you stay here, then save everyone the trouble and change your name from Viet and stick to posting topics about Germany or something. Stop posting about Vietnam on PDF if you cant defend yourself.

Just ignore VC, he like to post all that kind of thread LoL, most member dont really into that kind of thread anyway except thewalrus-a British Chinese

Just ignore VC, he like to post all that kind of thread LoL, most member dont really into that kind of thread anyway except thewalrus-a British Chinese

Yeah it looks like that forum can be fun too because there are quite a number of Chinese there too.

I will invite @BoQ77, @NiceGuy, @Viva_Viet, @Soryu, etc. to join. That should make that forum more fun haha.

I will join when I have time to register for an account there. See you there bro.

Yeah it looks like that forum can be fun too because there are quite a number of Chinese there too.

I will invite @BoQ77, @NiceGuy, @Viva_Viet, @Soryu, etc. to join. That should make that forum more fun haha.

I will join when I have time to register for an account there. See you there bro.

Most are oversea Chinese anyway except XNG, but forum more about history and cultural, landscape, food stuff not much politic bro:agree:

Chinese short vision make me tired, our so called ASEAN de facto leader make me sick,too. So, it'd better to say what will happen to them on PDF and leave. Let time tell them the truth.

Update new:
Obama confident TPP will be secured this year
Obama confident TPP will be secured this year | Manufacturers Monthly

Most are oversea Chinese anyway except XNG, but forum more about history and cultural, landscape, food stuff not much politic bro:agree:

So, lets go there and make that forum more political.

I see that forum has too many topics about pop music, northeast asian culture, etc.

@Viva_Viet I think we need to go to that forum and teach those oversea Viets and Chinese about TPP and the coming great flood. The Chinese members here, we cant warn and inform them anymore...the truth hurts them so much that they have to hide behind their mod.

Back
Top Bottom